As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Waluigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

124»

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So, I think I'm missing something here.

I'm on the second mansion, just after:
    finding the little Toad guy, and then you go to the graveyard and fight those three ghosts with the mirrors. I don't understand how I'm supposed to fight them.

Can anyone give me some pointers without spoiling too much?
    Watch them closely. One of them will become distracted by their reflection. Go after that one.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The ghosts will raise and lower their mirrors randomly without attacking, so concentrate on one ghost at a time. There's really no way to make the part where all three are in the picture suck less, so concentrate on the one with the least HP.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Don't the other two rush you soon as you focus on the third? I was trying to figure out how to avoid that. Or am I doing it wrong?

• Options
    exodecaiexodecai Registered User new member
    edited April 2013
    Good day to all here!

I found this site using a google search of Waluigi. I am trying at the moment to get a petition going to just simply give Waluigi a chance in the spotlight, whether it would be his own game, a spot in WarioWare, a major villain role, a Wario + Waluigi game, or simply anything of significance outside of a "sports/spinoff/party" game. I figure it's better to try this than doing nothing, so if anyone would please help in signing this petition it would be absolutely greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Sterica on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Please do not sign up for an account just to spam a link. They'll be removed, and online petitions are worthless anyways.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Don't the other two rush you soon as you focus on the third? I was trying to figure out how to avoid that. Or am I doing it wrong?

Hitting B mid-vacuum performs a dodge move. It resets the counter to zero, but you maintain the "hook" on the ghost. Does that help?

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

Hitting B mid-vacuum performs a dodge move. It resets the counter to zero, but you maintain the "hook" on the ghost. Does that help?

Oh- never knew that. Yes, that should come in handy! Thanks!

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I guess I was thinking of the meter that fills up when I said "counter". Anyway, the meter empties, but you can still wrangle the ghost.

That fight is still tough, though. Really tough to ace it.

• Options
    3f4996efa3f7b5adebf803a3951838e1.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Haha.. I like that the money is full of spiders.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Haha.. I like that the money is full of spiders.

It's not just money. It's everything that he sucked up. :)

So it's mostly garbage.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Well he just needs to flash the critters with the light and set fire to the rest, that should take care of it! :)

Of course that burns the paper money...

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Im missing something simple here, i bet. The piano ghost in the first mansion... What the heck am i supposed to do? I keep flashing it, but that seems to be all i can do. And it just keeps throwing books.

Like, i can flash it, but i cant suck it.

Ah, got it. I guess i wasnt flashing at the right time.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

:winky:

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Im missing something simple here, i bet. The piano ghost in the first mansion... What the heck am i supposed to do? I keep flashing it, but that seems to be all i can do. And it just keeps throwing books.

Ah, got it. I guess i wasnt flashing at the right time.

Suck harder! Suck faster! Suck better!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I bought this yesterday and I'm obviously loving it. So fucking charming and fun.

Is there any benefit to getting a higher rank on missions? I've just completed all missions in the first area so I figured I'd get an assessment of my overall performance, but..nope, nothing.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    I just started playing this game, it's a fucking blast. Hopefully I don't get in trouble for bringing back an ages-old thread.

Anyway, should I bother unlocking everything or just enjoy the game? I feel bad, because I missed a bunch of those Boos, even though vacuuming them up is pretty funny.

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Options
    Bruan wrote: »
    I just started playing this game, it's a fucking blast. Hopefully I don't get in trouble for bringing back an ages-old thread.

Anyway, should I bother unlocking everything or just enjoy the game? I feel bad, because I missed a bunch of those Boos, even though vacuuming them up is pretty funny.

I wouldn't worry to much about unlocking everything right away. You can always go back later if you choose. Just have fun.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Boos are definitely completionist only, thy just unlock time trials (which are quite difficult too).

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    Well, skipping that. I do like the capture animations though - it is too funny.

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919