The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - Drawing Blind

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2013 in Strip Search
Strip Search - Drawing Blind

For the start of day 3 the Artists will have to look at their craft in an entirely new way.

Read the full story here

IcyLiquid on

• dtgdtgdtgdtgdtgdtg Registered User regular
    There appear to be technical difficulties with the upload, atm, getting the 404 image when I click the above image.

• JoshEckJoshEck Indianapolis, IN, USARegistered User regular
    Same here. No video.

I can't believe I'm sitting here hitting reload again and again like a fiend. What have you done to me, Strip Search!?

• WarmthWarmth Registered User regular
    I think the video isn't even uploaded yet, don't see it on youtube either. What is this? Patience!? Dang.

• drumman44drumman44 Registered User new member
    Until they fix the 404, try this:

Stratomegascorcher
  • drumman44drumman44 Registered User new member
    for the next one

• JoshEckJoshEck Indianapolis, IN, USARegistered User regular
    Good episode. It was interesting to see who worked well together and who didn't.

Also, Katie said exactly what I was thinking: they all would have had a slightly easier time with the challenge if they'd focused less on describing exact lines and proportions and more on describing the actual character (suburban mom, nerd in a hoodie, etc.). But then again, I'm watching in the comfort of my home and they had to do it on the fly, so maybe I would've gotten flustered and done the same thing? Can't say.

Maki and Tavis had it the hardest, being first.

Spman2099KalTorakPirusufraggyNotaCylon
  • FayiliFayili Registered User regular
    That episode softened me WAY up on Amy. While I can appreciate someone being devious, I really like her showing some heartfelt emotion.

Too bad the last time someone said, "If I left today, I'd have no regrets" ...they did. :/ (She probably won't leave this day, though.)

Prepositions are the things you should not end sentences with.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.
    darklaoSpman2099DinospyMichyGearyAnialosPayneTraynefraggyThe_Glad_HatterNotaCylon
  • darklaodarklao Registered User regular
    Yeah, dem feels/super D'awww.

• madfigsmadfigs Registered User regular
    I love Abby's expression right after Graham announced the nature of the contest! Then they cut to her saying "Partners is the worst"... perfect.

darklaoTofystedeth
  • Spman2099Spman2099 Registered User regular
    I was starting to warm to Amy already. But this episode... Man, I don't think it is possible to see someone so filled with gratitude for an experience and not be moved.

On another note...

I wish they had been just a little more aggressive with editing of this episode; I don't think we needed to spend so much time with each group. Still, I find myself enjoying this show more and more.

MichyGearyElbasunuElfWordfraggyNotaCylon
  • DinospyDinospy Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I agree with the other comments...the wrap of the episode gave me a new appreciation for Amy.

I was also having issues watching the video on youtube, it would stop playing and jump to the end, but I think that was probably my browser - although it took me about 5 or 6 reloads through the course of watching to finally make it to the end.

MichyGeary
  • ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    Is it Friday yet?

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
  • mbnmacmbnmac Registered User regular
    That tease at the end....

Great episode :)

My friend has decided that once he gets his Wii, he's gonna gut his GC and use it as a lunchbox.
    TetrisDS; 1133-2701-0503
    MK:DS; 2620-5321-6904
    MP;H:1375-0787-2051
    Elbasunu
  • CNECNE Registered User regular
    Glad we're starting to see some of the camaraderie in the house. It would be neat to see some of the paintbrush discussions & joking around during the contestants' downtime. I suppose there hasn't been much time to squeeze that in since the crew has been filming 10+ confessionals at least 2-3 times a day & 10+ contestants for each challenge.

I wonder if the contestants are currently starting to feel the effects of Internet Famous now, especially in the department of creepers. I couldn't help myself but tweet at Lexxy a few days ago.

• MekkaBMekkaB Registered User regular
    name of episode: Drawing Blind.
    outcome of clicking on it: 404.

well played, PA!! WELL PLAYED!

empathAmyTFalconeCambiataNotaCylon
  • empathempath Registered User regular
    Aye, Mekkab - you're not alone in this site glitch...though based on the comments, other people are NOT having the same problem. :(

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Fayili wrote: »
    That episode softened me WAY up on Amy. While I can appreciate someone being devious, I really like her showing some heartfelt emotion.

This isn't even the first time Amy has cried on the show. It's not that she hasn't shown any emotions, it's that people have been deliberately ignoring her humanity because it didn't fit in with their "here is our evil villan, yay!" internal storylines.

Basically a lot of people in these Strip Search comment threads are enormous geese.

And Amy is radical.

KalTorakSegAmyTFalconeMichyGearyspiffmanaCortenPlus
  • MichyGearyMichyGeary Registered User regular
    That was a really fun episode to watch. It reminded me of the first ice breaker where they had to alternate phrases and art like a game of telephone. Interesting to see how one person can describe a visual and how another person can interpret those words. Amy and Erika make a really phenomenal team, and they're both so talented. Not gonna lie, I teared up a little when Amy did. So happy for them both to have won such an awesome prize. I hope there's more teamwork like this in the future! It's interesting to see the dynamics between the contestants.

KalTorakNotaCylon
  • CaseusCaseus Registered User new member
    So I'll agree, Amy and Erika did pretty darn well on that challenge (and my heart went out to Amy at the end there).

But I'm still totally Team Katie. Her directions to Lexxy were great, and Lexxy's drawing really showed it. It was spot on, minus the one arm. I like that she didn't waste too much time describing shapes. I mean, that helped in some places, but like she said, they're artists, and they're describing these drawings to each other like the other person's never picked up a pen in their life. "His face is yelling." Like yes, that's exactly what I would have said. I think her downfall was, during her drawing, she didn't ask enough for direction. Lexxy did, which is partly why hers turned out so well, and that's something Amy did well too.

My heart kinda sank. I was really hoping Katie would win, especially after her back-to-back elimination rounds, and her disappointment seems evident on her face when Amy and Erika were crowned winners :( At least it was a legit prize this time :P

• MichyGearyMichyGeary Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    empath wrote: »
    Aye, Mekkab - you're not alone in this site glitch...though based on the comments, other people are NOT having the same problem. :(

I ended up just having to go to their YouTube page and watching it on there. Then I came back here to comment. The video didn't actually appear on the site for a few hours, but I still was able to watch it just going to YouTube.

MichyGeary on
  • CaseusCaseus Registered User new member
    So I'll agree, Amy and Erika did pretty darn well on that challenge (and my heart went out to Amy at the end there).

But I'm still totally Team Katie. Her directions to Lexxy were great, and Lexxy's drawing really showed it. It was spot on, minus the one arm. I like that she didn't waste too much time describing shapes. I mean, that helped in some places, but like she said, they're artists, and they're describing these drawings to each other like the other person's never picked up a pen in their life. "His face is yelling." Like yes, that's exactly what I would have said. I think her downfall was, during her drawing, she didn't ask enough for direction. Lexxy did, which is partly why hers turned out so well, and that's something Amy did well too.

My heart kinda sank. I was really hoping Katie would win, especially after her back-to-back elimination rounds, and her disappointment seems evident on her face when Amy and Erika were crowned winners :( At least it was a legit prize this time :P

Spman2099eddizhere
    edited March 2013
    Cambiata wrote: »

This isn't even the first time Amy has cried on the show. It's not that she hasn't shown any emotions, it's that people have been deliberately ignoring her humanity because it didn't fit in with their "here is our evil villan, yay!" internal storylines.

Basically a lot of people in these Strip Search comment threads are enormous geese.

And Amy is radical.

Don't worry, Cambiata; we are all fully aware of what a super insightful person you are.

What impresses me most about you is how you don't get hung up acknowledging your own narrative constructions; more importantly, how you don't let your own prejudices hinder your, overbearing, criticisms of other people with whom you don't agree.

Be proud, you are clearly a superior entity. While the rest of us rabble are just regular geese, you are the beautiful swan. All hail Cambiata!

Spman2099 on
    romangoroKhaymanElbasunuPeterBmanDinospydarklaoCortenPlus
    edited March 2013
    Caseus wrote: »

I think you have to take their performance as a team into consideration; Katie giving directions and Lexxy drawing produced the strongest result overall (in my opinion). However, the opposite was not true. So yeah, as a team their performance was strong, but it wasn't quite as strong as Amy and Erika's.

More specifically, Amy's drawing, with Erika's instruction, was almost as good (and I am sure some would argue better) while being more complete. On the other hand, Erika's drawing was still pretty good (probably middle of the pack), while Katie's was far too incomplete.

Spman2099 on
  • EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the screen grab that fronts the episode. The look on Katie's face as she focuses on Amy in the foreground, "I haven't forgotten who sent me to the first elimination, oh no. Soon you will pay..."

(And before anyone starts up, I realise that's almost certainly not what she was thinking)

Corben Dallas
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    ahdok wrote: »
    Is it Friday yet?
    It should be. Time Machine GOOOOOO

86diUMN.png5OEMupX.png
    CuriousPencil
  • Corben DallasCorben Dallas Registered User regular
    Strong from Amy and Erika, great teamwork/ interaction...its like they knew exactly what the other was thinking...and drew it. Think best seen so far artist wise is Katie, Tavis, Maki and Lexxy/Erika (We need to see more from Erika.)

Gooooo Lexxxyyy!!!! :)

Also where are the traps i was promised....

NotaCylon
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Woo Scott!

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    ElbasunuPaulMcGraniteKochikensCortenPlus
  • shapenajishapenaji Registered User regular
    Alright, Amy is growing on me... I'm now left with the uncomfortable realization that I am at the mercy of overdramatic reality-tv editors

Cambiata
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I just want to point out that if the artists had said "it's a large con-nerd in a hoodie" then the blind artist would immediately form an image in their mind of what THEY think that looks like, which was not the point of the exercise, as I understand it.

The objective is to recreate that specific image as closely as possible.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Spman2099 wrote: »

And Amy is radical.

Don't worry, Cambiata; we are all fully aware of what a super insightful person you are.

What impresses me most about you is how you don't get hung up acknowledging your own narrative constructions; more importantly, how you don't let your own prejudices hinder your, overbearing, criticisms of other people with whom you don't agree.

Be proud, you are clearly a superior entity. While the rest of us rabble are just regular geese, you are the beautiful swan. All hail Cambiata!

Silliest. of. geese.

romangoroSpman20992 Marcus 2 RavenssuperjermsTofystedethCortenPlus
  • Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    great episode. Man, I wish the show aired like...M-W-F, or...Tuesday Thursday Saturday. It's only Tuesday, we have three days until the next episode. Then we'll have to wait all the way until Tuesday to see the elimination.

"Not far below you is a large horizontal plane which proves beneficial in maximizing the exploitation of gravity."
    edited March 2013
    Spman2099 wrote: »

And Amy is radical.

Silliest. of. geese.

I imagine you are a lot of fun at social gatherings and family functions. Did I just hear somebody say "life of the party"?

Spman2099 on
    spiffmanasuperjermsCortenPlus
  • duddlesduddles Registered User regular
    I think it would have been better to not have the other teams watch, and then they could have judged the winners blindly by comparing the drawing to the prompt.

Also it would have been better to bring back Ty to give the descriptions for each drawing just to see if anything would have been drawn at all.

Spman2099WangchangbackupCuriousPencil
  • KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    Can we just have both Amy and Erika win the whole shebang? They're both awesome.

also, can't wait for Friday. KURRRRTTTTTZZZZZ!!

CambiataMichyGearyMaz-
  • IamdudeIamdude Registered User regular
    Muthafuckin' Kurtzzzzzz. Can't wait for Friday!

Spman2099ElbasunuElfWordCambiataFranklinBluthPaulMcGraniteMaz-fraggyNotaCylon
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    I'm curious how things would have gone if they were locked into different rooms and had ten or twenty minutes. I also wonder how much gesturing was allowed. I know that some gesturing happened, and I didn't see anybody jump out of the woodwork and slap anybody, so I figure instead of "bulbous guitar pick with a lump on her left cheek" you could maybe just have said:

"Head takes up 1/3 of page, facing left." Look to artist's left "Like this." Make shape with hands.

Then again, who knows how much they got briefed and whether they would have treated that as acceptable?

duddles
  • duddlesduddles Registered User regular
    Pil - I think it would have been much more entertaining if they could have used gestures and facial expressions to try to convey the drawing!

• LizQuinnLizQuinn Registered User new member
    edited March 2013
    Well, Amy showed emotion. Everyone can shut up about her cold, heartless demeanor now... -_-

Urgh. I wanna see more of these episodes so I know who I'm really rooting for! I don't think we know enough about most of the artists, yet, and it's getting harder and harder to pick my favorite. So far, only Amy and Katie seem to have any real, I dunno, staying-power within the series. It's like everyone else is just chilling out in the background right now.

LizQuinn on
    CambiataduddlesMichyGearyCortenPlus
  • TheSpyderTheSpyder Registered User regular
    need a very special yoga edition of strip search, yes. read in creepy voice.

WangchangbackupFayiliNijhazerCuriousPencilNotaCylon
  • KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    LizQuinn wrote: »
    Well, Amy showed emotion. Everyone can shut up about her cold, heartless demeanor now... -_-

Urgh. I wanna see more of these episodes so I know who I'm really rooting for! I don't think we know enough about most of the artists, yet, and it's getting harder and harder to pick my favorite. So far, only Amy and Katie seem to have any real, I dunno, staying-power within the series. It's like everyone else is just chilling out in the background right now.

My sensation watching the show has just been a sort of all-positive rooting. I really can't dislike any of the contestants, so the only thing I can do during the games and challenges is to try to guess who will win. When someone has a rough time of it I always feel bad for them.

It's sort of the anti-reality-show.

DiplominatorJermsLizQuinnCambiataFranklinBluthhotzp