The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - Drawing Blind

• DeimirDeimir Registered User regular
    As a bonus episode once the season runs its course I think it'd be cool to see Jerry and Mike do all the challenge exercises given to the contestants. Except maybe riding the Duck.

Time off: done. Hotel: ??? Travel: ??? Badges: ???
    PAX Prime attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • escape908escape908 Engineer Westbury, NYRegistered User regular
    w00t! Katie and Lexxy! They was robbed. :( Loving these teams! :D And I gotta give it up to Amy and Erica too.

• LizQuinnLizQuinn Registered User new member
    KalTorak wrote: »
    LizQuinn wrote: »
    Well, Amy showed emotion. Everyone can shut up about her cold, heartless demeanor now... -_-

Urgh. I wanna see more of these episodes so I know who I'm really rooting for! I don't think we know enough about most of the artists, yet, and it's getting harder and harder to pick my favorite. So far, only Amy and Katie seem to have any real, I dunno, staying-power within the series. It's like everyone else is just chilling out in the background right now.

My sensation watching the show has just been a sort of all-positive rooting. I really can't dislike any of the contestants, so the only thing I can do during the games and challenges is to try to guess who will win. When someone has a rough time of it I always feel bad for them.

It's sort of the anti-reality-show.

Exactly! It's like, they all deserve to win equally much, and none of them have given me a reason to hate them. Even though some of them have had annoying/detrimental quirks or traits, I can't even find myself wanting them to lose - I just want them to grow past those things and be contenders even more. It's weird - I never watched a show where I liked everybody.

I dunno if that means Strip Search has really good editors, or if artists just tend to be really nice people. Maybe a good mix of both.

hotzpCambiata
  • hotzphotzp Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    I'm glad Amy opened up at the end. It humanized her in a way that I hadn't seen before, so now I guess I can root for her also! I think she set a tough exterior tone at the outset that turned some people off of her, but there's nothing like a good cry on camera to show that she was "just folks" underneath it all. This is a really amazing collective of individuals. I think PA should really be commended for their Strip Search selection process.

Spman2099eddizhereLexxyPaulMcGranitenindustrialfraggyNotaCylon
  • Brock EDBrock ED Registered User new member
    It just keeps getting better..

• NavyBeanNavyBean Registered User regular
    Is it possible to have an episode devoted solely to yoga?

CortenPlus
  • ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    I do love this game. I need more artists to play it with though.

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
  • ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    NavyBean wrote: »
    Is it possible to have an episode devoted solely to yoga?

You don't have the Bonus "Mike and Jerry do Yoga" episode? Man, they must have deleted it from the archives...

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
    CortenPlus
  • JoeDeathJoeDeath Registered User new member
    She can cry all the crocodile tears she wants, still don't like Amy...

FalxFayilieddizhereMichyGearySpman2099LexxyPaulMcGranitespiffmananindustrialfraggyCortenPlus
  • BrenderousBrenderous Registered User regular
    Kuuuuuuurtzzzz!!!!!

CortenPlus
  • LampLamp Registered User regular
    Somebody please make a gif of Katie doing her finger-pointing dance at 2:15.

PeterBmanduddles
  • CoohlaCoohla Registered User regular
    I enjoyed this episode and everything, but holy shit, am I looking forward to the next one.

Elbasunu
  • seegruseegru Master of None St. PaulRegistered User regular
    Once again,... I wanna play!

• SomeguySomeguy Registered User regular
    Were they not allowed to say who the character was?
    The 'sister from fox trot' would have been an easy clue for a comic strip aficionado.

• JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    I think these episodes could easily be a full hour and still feel too short. I'd like to see a lot more of the interactions in the house leading up to the competitions. Hopefully on the DVD?

• l-o-ll-o-l Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Ahhh. Tooo Slooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww. Seriously, we need one elimination per week.

l-o-l on
    PaulMcGranitelamelama22
  • advancestratadvancestrat Registered User new member
    And in completely different news, yay foxtrot! :D

Think I got a pretty good guess how the next challenge works, looking at what you can see on the tv at the end there, should be interesting to see how everyone does in it.

• gavindelgavindel Pew PewRegistered User regular
    Has anyone else noticed that Maki has one hell of a poker face whenever they're in the group getting ready? He could literally be thinking "...and when Lexxy goes to bed, I'll smother her with a pillow." and we'd never know.

Imagine playing poker against him. The wall of beard would go up, and you'd lose all your money.

Looking for magical girls? Try: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/144223/Sparks
    Maybe more interested in morally dubious shapeshifters and stealing from gods? Try:
    Signature.jpg

RaakamZionadmakitoriCambiatafraggy
  • MichyGearyMichyGeary Registered User regular
    Someguy wrote: »
    The 'sister from fox trot' would have been an easy clue for a comic strip aficionado.

Nope, they weren't allowed to say. They were to only describe them physically.

• LexxyLexxy Registered User, Strip Search regular
    Someguy wrote: »

Nope, not allowed! That would have defeated the purpose, I think.
    JoeDeath wrote: »
    She can cry all the crocodile tears she wants, still don't like Amy...

If you genuinely think those were fake, I'm not sure what to tell you. That Intuos could not have gone to a more deserving person.

CambiataSpman2099FranklinBluthFalxNotaCylon
  • toaster_pimptoaster_pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    interesting episode..though didn't really explain the rules of the game to the audience.

amy...awwwwwww.

toaster_pimp on
  • l-o-ll-o-l Registered User regular
    Irrational hatred fading... Tears melting resolve... *MUST LOVE AMY* *MUST LOVE AMY*. No no no, I can resist I will resist. I must.

Spman2099nindustrialfraggy
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I think the thing with Amy is her voice isn't very expressive, and that's why people had been getting a negative impression. Her style of speaking is very calm and measured. Watching this ep, even as she breaks into tears there really isn't much modulation.

I imagine she's a lot different in person.

At any rate Amy is great, but goooo Abby!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    PaulMcGranite
  • PaulMcGranitePaulMcGranite Registered User regular
    I briefly got to talk to Amy this past weekend at PAX. She's totally cool, totally friendly. Cold and calculating, does not equal evil and emotionless.

As a side note, Abby was also totally awesome to talk to. Kick ass, strippers!

NotaCylon
  • lamelama22lamelama22 Registered User regular
    LizQuinn wrote: »
    I dunno if that means Strip Search has really good editors, or if artists just tend to be really nice people. Maybe a good mix of both.

At the Strip Search panel at PAX East this came up specifically as a question... and the wood post host (Graham Stark - who is apparently energetic, funny, and has emotions in real life) explained that: he'd never edited a reality show before (just comedy), and so had no idea how much of the drama in most reality shows was real or created by editing, but once he started editing the show, he found it was really super easy to create it - like scary easy, just one or two small tweaks and boom, tons of instant drama. Not editing to create storylines and drama where it doesn't exist was a choice by the editors and producers (mostly Graham & the PA staff).

And I think we're all better for it. Thanks Graham & PA ppls. :)

CambiatanindustrialFranklinBluthNotaCylonBugsinspace
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Yo forgot to mention that Graham specifically stated he did NOT cave and use his editing powers for evil.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • SlothboySlothboy Registered User regular
    God I hope they do a second season. This is by far my favorite reality show ever. Even with (or maybe because of?) the rough edges.

NotaCylon
  • HardmanHardman Registered User regular
    Another good episode. Looking forward to watching Kurtz as a judge, he's somebody who takes cartooning very seriously and has a lot of great information and experiences to share. Very interesting and useful topic (re: Your brand is YOU) for next the episode, should be somewhat similar to the interview questions from last round but different enough to stand away from it.

This whole show reminds me of my days in art school - at least the positive experiences from it. A bunch of like minded people all there for the same reason - all with different approaches to reaching similar goals.

It was cool to see the winner get another awesome prize. I hope those who get eliminated got something to take home as well. Hopefully something better than a copy of the Strip Search home game. :P

NotaCylon
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Kurtz is actually the perfect person to talk about "your brand is you" because I totally love the Kurtz brand, ie the man himself (and Blammimations), but I'm pretty so-so on his actual comics for the most part. So I'm pretty much on board with anything he wants to do and immediately put it in the "I should check this thing out" column. So looking at it from that perspective your brand can be a somewhat important cajigger.

The "brand" thing is probably why I'm on Team Lexxy. Lexxy has successfully leveraged her brand here at PA.

Wait... wait a second! Lexxy posts on PA and makes people like her. IT'S A PLOY. How did I never see that Lexxy was the chessmaster all along?!*

This is sarcasm

LexxyKochikensNotaCylon
  • CuriousPencilCuriousPencil Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Katie, you had win twice in an invisible transparency called Voting:

“Does he have a neck?”

And.

“His face is yelling.”

You win.

"His face is yelling"; if ever an artist needed a badge, this is poetry.

AND she's a cartoonist.

CuriousPencil on
  • nindustrialnindustrial Word Typer Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    MOAR SHOW! I've said this before, but these are too short!!!!!! I'm insatiable.

Cool idea for a competition, but man, I feel like that would be REALLY hard. I'm super impressed by all of them.

chstreamsig.jpg
    NotaCylon
  • astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I'd really like to see some slight tweaks to the format for the next season. They can keep the two challenges, one elimination, but I'd do the show like this:

One art challenge every day (The boat ride / interview day had no art. That was weird.)

One social / business-related challenge every day (Like the tour of Seattle or the interviews)

One elimination

The winner of each challenge gets a prize but must choose one person to send to the elimination (except the other challenge winner).

Alternatively, the judges could choose both a winner and loser of each challenge, and the by default the loser goes to elimination. Immunity could still be implemented by sending the second-to-last finisher of challenge two to elimination in the event that the first challenge's winner is the second challenge's loser.

I still feel like the immunity is more of a curse, because it forces the winner to essentially be a dick (look at all the negative feedback Amy is getting simply because she won a challenge) and although they get to move onto the next day, it also seems like they don't really get much to show for it. Win the first challenge, and you score a sweet tablet, win the second challenge, and you earn the scorn of the house (or sympathy, because it seems like everyone realizes how messed up this Sophie's Choice is). Yeah, they're safe, but I feel like winning is losing in the second challenge.

I like that this is a different kind of reality show. It's a truly friendly competition, and because of the overwhelmingly positive atmosphere, the cut-throat "send your friend to the lions" thing isn't really working for me.

astronautcowboy3 on
    The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
    CambiataSpman2099parmeisanSpiritfireJoeDeath
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    lamelama22 wrote: »
    but once he started editing the show, he found it was really super easy to create it - like scary easy, just one or two small tweaks and boom, tons of instant drama.

Oh man now I really want a DVD with the alternate Manufactured Drama edit.

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    CambiataCrippl3
  • El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Another great episode.

I found it interesting that Amy said "...I got to do a challenge with one of my heroes..." because I keep forgetting that Erika is already so established, and that the other strippers would look up to her.

I'd like to second the dude/dudette who suggested the DVD should have the option to watch each "day" (social challenge, industry challenge, elimination) as one episode rather than split up into the 3 mini-episodes.

NotaCylon
  • makitorimakitori Registered User, Strip Search regular
  • escape908escape908 Engineer Westbury, NYRegistered User regular
    Well played, sir.

• gavindelgavindel Pew PewRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Bonus points: it looks like my avatar is reading the strip below her.

gavindel on
    Looking for magical girls? Try: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/144223/Sparks
    Maybe more interested in morally dubious shapeshifters and stealing from gods? Try:
    Signature.jpg

Cambiata
  • CRasterImageCRasterImage Registered User new member
    This is unrelated to this episode, but:
    I think I just saw Alex in a PAX Q&A video from 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2mjuySFYnVM#t=3040s

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
  • MichyGearyMichyGeary Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Aioua wrote: »
    I think the thing with Amy is her voice isn't very expressive, and that's why people had been getting a negative impression. Her style of speaking is very calm and measured. Watching this ep, even as she breaks into tears there really isn't much modulation.

I imagine she's a lot different in person.

It's funny because, if anyone actually met or knew her in person, they would know that what people are classifying as "emotionlessness" on her part is actually just a quality of her sense of humor. The way she talks about and comments on things has a certain detachment because deadpan humor is funny. That has zero reflection on who she is as a person, nor is it a testament to a lack of compassion or empathy for her fellow competitors. She's a really genuine, amicable, compassionate person. The fact that she expresses it in a more reserved way than your typical reality show meat doesn't make it any less genuine.

MichyGeary on
    LexxyCambiataJoshEck