As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes] thread!? Now available?! It can't be!

19596979899101»

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Also, this just in - Kojima shits dollar bills and exhales cocaine-laced vapours!

More at eleven!

(holy shiiiiiiiiiit)

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Kanden wrote: »
    Really? The legacy collection I'm looking at says it comes with 1, 2, 3, 4, peacewalker, metal gear not solid 1 and 2, and something called vr missions. The HD collection only has 2, 3, and peacewalker.

Yeah this is my bad. I was thinking of the one I have that has 2, 3, & Peace Walker. I had forgotten they put out a better one.

Buy it yesterday.

EDIT: Ground Zeroes is on steam as well. I'm so hard.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Also, this likely means some form of Metal Gear PC multiplayer component.

I'VE ALREADY PUT MY BODY IN THE READY POSITION NOW YOU BARSTIDS DON'T LET ME DOWN

Repost from the Steam thread:

oioxov.gif

Because only Kojima.

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    It makes perfect sense. PC gaming is seeing a massive resurgence now that the rescission is over. One look at the public steam statistics would be enough to convince anyone. Steam averages 5 to 6 million online users just by itself. That's not even counting the number of people who play offline or from other sources. The PS4 just passed 10 million units shipped with a miserable attach rate. Now that console architecture is basically the same as PC architecture, there are no excuses left. If a dev don't release on PC these days, they are saying that they hate money.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So I'm playing Sam again.

Figured out how to S rank doggy with taunt n dodge.

Lets just say it involves a lot of blade mode cancelling your attacks in order to be able to dodge incoming attacks.

Also since I'm doing what I did with RAiden (play through the difficulties, then go back to S rank them starting from Easy). S ranking easy?

It's not actually easy.

Remember you have to not get hit.

But your taunt attacks do shit damage. So enemies he can straight up slaughter on higher difficulties are actually fairly difficult to no damage.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Yay!

So when do we get MGS 1-4 on PC?

1 & 2 are already on PC.

Yeah I know, where's the rest? Or peace walker?

I mean

Why release just some games of the saga and not others on this platform? I realize they aren't nessecary to enjoy the experience but PC users would like to have the full experience, too.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    If 5 sells well, than it would give them a good reason to port the inevitable HD remakes to PC too.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Steam release of MGS5 and Ground Zero's?

Fox Engine Silent Hill?

MGS:Rising ish skin for Yasuo?

HALP.

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH WALLETS

• Options
    Steam release of MGS5 and Ground Zero's?

Fox Engine Silent Hill?

MGS:Rising ish skin for Yasuo?

HALP.

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH WALLETS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QfSzgV1q5g

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Immobilizing horse feces.

Yep, this is a Metal Gear game.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    re: Revengeance, I'm attempting to S-rank everything on Normal and by the third act I've already sunk in 21 hours and have my parries locked down. S-rank attempts also amplify the little niggling problems that the game has into giant room-filling elephants, but under any other circumstance would be pretty tolerable. The camera makes me want to tear my face from my skull John Travolta-style (especially when parries depend on directionals) and engaging flying enemies is pissing me the hell off.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense. PC gaming is seeing a massive resurgence now that the rescission is over. One look at the public steam statistics would be enough to convince anyone. Steam averages 5 to 6 million online users just by itself. That's not even counting the number of people who play offline or from other sources. The PS4 just passed 10 million units shipped with a miserable attach rate. Now that console architecture is basically the same as PC architecture, there are no excuses left. If a dev don't release on PC these days, they are saying that they hate money.

This is an easy assumption to make, but the reality is that there's a whole lot of busywork behind development of a proper PC version - unless you would prefer the game come slaved to mandatory controller use and rigid graphics settings, among other things.
    It's certainly safe to bet that the more similar the architecture of consoles is (to PC), the easier it'll probably be to make PC versions happen, but to say "they're not developing for PC because they hate money" is a stretch (whether facetious or no).

Also speculating here, but I'd imagine the HD collections would take a lot of work to get onto Steam, since those were originally built for the 7th-gen. Hell, they had enough problems optimising with ZoE HD that they had to patch it out the wazoo. There's just too much context that we might not know of for us to call it "inevitable". (Mind, this isn't ever to say that I wouldn't want such a thing, but y'knawmean)

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    re: Revengeance, I'm attempting to S-rank everything on Normal and by the third act I've already sunk in 21 hours and have my parries locked down. S-rank attempts also amplify the little niggling problems that the game has into giant room-filling elephants, but under any other circumstance would be pretty tolerable. The camera makes me want to tear my face from my skull John Travolta-style (especially when parries depend on directionals) and engaging flying enemies is pissing me the hell off.

Please let me know if there are any particular fights that are really pissing you off. Any questions at all, no matter how detailed. I will answer them.

*stands at attention*

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    DAMNIT! I don't know what platform to get this game on anymore!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Nah there's no particular one fight at the moment that I've brick walled in particular so far. Mistral has taken me the longest (and most tries, probably) but so far all the enemy patterns are easy to understand and learn.

I would like to know if there's any particular method of taking down helicopters and flying motherfuckers really quickly, because at the moment I don't feel like verticality (in combat and level design) is Rising's strong suit at the moment.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

PC.

You get it on PC.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Nah there's no particular one fight at the moment that I've brick walled in particular so far. Mistral has taken me the longest (and most tries, probably) but so far all the enemy patterns are easy to understand and learn.

I would like to know if there's any particular method of taking down helicopters and flying motherfuckers really quickly, because at the moment I don't feel like verticality (in combat and level design) is Rising's strong suit at the moment.

Sai or rocket kick. You know about super slow blade mode after certain moves right? Rocket kick is one of those. Ripper helicopters also.

I usually sai -> ripper helicopters. After a sai to blade mode you can sai again mid air.

Rocket kick -> blade mode the hovering things.

There is at least one fight where I go for No Kill instead of No Damage in Chapter 3. Cos it is a total bitch to No Damage. It's the one with the chest. Just chop off the legs of humans and move away from them. They'll activate their stealth camouflage and retreat.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Do you even have ripper mode that early?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited August 2014
    He's played it before. This is his S rank attempt.

The sai will obliterate a single helicopter. The stun on the sai gives you plenty of time to do damage to it with an air combo. When it recovers it will fly away for another go but by the time it turns around your sai's stun has recharged.

Infinite stunlock to death.

For two helicopters sai-> ripper one of them to kill it instantly then just normal sai combo the other. Bam S rank. I also Sai ripper helicopter adds like that one on the roof of chapter 3.

The flying things are much tricker and take me the most retries. I tell you something I did do once. I did sai to one, have it fire a rocket just as I went into blade mode, and then I fucking chopped up those rockets mid air and proceeded to zandatsu it.

Next time fucker.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Rocket kick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sDM_B3idKw

Sai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEUO-3tFLPk

Gives you a good take on the strengths and weaknesses of each I think. You have to be careful with the rocket kick or you get wonked. But I prefer it for its speed because I do the singling out that the sai user does in the second video, then rocket kick.

Another tip: If you do the rocket kick and end up in slow mo blade mode surrounded by the fuckers as can happen sometimes forget zandatsu and just go nuts chopping all of them up in a big circle. Get as many as you can.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Also, nope! I haven't done a full playthrough yet. =P I do have a habit of going back to chapter select every so often though.

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    wat

s ranks are not designed for the first playthrough

like every action game of this ilk ever made in the entire universe

stawp

(seriously, if you hit a really difficult to s rank fight...stop. just beat it and come back later)

Morninglord on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular

PC.

You get it on PC.

Yeah, I mean... I got a PS4 mainly for TLoU remastered and MGS5, but PC always trumps consoles. I'm sure something else will come out to justify my purchase...

• Options
    edited August 2014
    MGSV multiplayer first look at Gamescom! (IGN says they're also going to show off MGSV multiplayer in HD on Thursday, not sure if they're referring to this or the next MGO specifically by Kojipro LA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C0RPJzcbBI

Given the amount of attachment players could get to their own Mother Bases in Peace Walker, I think we could forsee the ability to steal soldiers and resources from other players is going to produce untold depths of hatred and loathing and destroy friendships
    wat

s ranks are not designed for the first playthrough

like every action game of this ilk ever made in the entire universe

stawp

(seriously, if you hit a really difficult to s rank fight...stop. just beat it and come back later)

Haha see this is the thing, I don't feel like any fight I've had so far is particularly difficult. Not in the cerebral sense. Almost always my problems with S-ranking an encounter feels like shortcomings in my reflexes and/or confounding camera angles, neither of which would be any different playing blind or as a New Game +.

As a reference, playing blind, I S-ranked the first two chapters (incl. prologue) pretty much on my first attempt. I personally don't have a problem with repeating the same checkpoints over and over again, because the gameplay itself is rewarding enough without feeling overtly masochistic like, say, a Souls game

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    Whoah! I totally forgot this game will have multiplayer appearantly

steam_sig.png

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    holy shit is that like dark souls then? random invading of other players bases will be awesome.

• Options
    I like indirect multiplayer when done well like this. Although I can also understand that people are upset if this means there won't be a MGO3 - the online component of MGS4 was pretty enjoyable.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Pretty sure this has more traditional multiplayer as well. As traditional as MGO can be, anyway.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    They've always said that they opened up a new Kojima Productions studio in Los Angeles specifically for development for the next Metal Gear Online, so I'm thinking this is just a side-component to The Phantom Pain

I'm still really glad that this is a thing, though, because this base building component was a little bare-bones in some aspects in Peace Walker, and it's amazing that we're seeing it further integrated with the core game and bringing out its full potential in competitive multiplayer

It'd be amazing if defending players could drop in on the enemy infiltrator and go all-out duelling.

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Get close enough to the other player when you're infiltrating his base, and suddenly you're both standing on top of his customized Metal Gear. You're both shirtless, and you can only punch each other.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Someone should make a new thread with all this new info about MGSV

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL