As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2013 Travel discussion

124»

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Decius wrote: »
    God dammit I had to take Air Canada this year. I was spoiled by Alaska/Horizon last year. Flying from Edmonton, by way of Calgary. For the amount of time I'll be held over in Calgary, I might as well made the 3 hour drive from Edmonton.

Ugh, Air Canada is only preferable when it's free.

I won't go to Seattle/PAX any other way than the Alaska Air direct flight from Edmonton. Love Love Love it.

Yeah I did it for the first time last year, and it was great. The free booze was a highlight. Unfortunately Air Canada was the cheaper option by a wide enough margin, and money still talks.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    God dammit I had to take Air Canada this year. I was spoiled by Alaska/Horizon last year. Flying from Edmonton, by way of Calgary. For the amount of time I'll be held over in Calgary, I might as well made the 3 hour drive from Edmonton.

I won't go to Seattle/PAX any other way than the Alaska Air direct flight from Edmonton. Love Love Love it.

Yeah I did it for the first time last year, and it was great. The free booze was a highlight. Unfortunately Air Canada was the cheaper option by a wide enough margin, and money still talks.

At least it's only calgary and not vancouver, i went edmonton-vancouver-seattle last year and jesus i will never go to that hellhole vancouver calls an airport again. They could not take my money fast enough for the direct flight this year.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular

At least it's only calgary and not vancouver, i went edmonton-vancouver-seattle last year and jesus i will never go to that hellhole vancouver calls an airport again. They could not take my money fast enough for the direct flight this year.

I did the Vancouver stopover once, and never again. Not so much about the airport but the 3 hour layover to wait for a 30 minute flight was the dumbest thing in the history of ever. Not having that was worth the extra cost of the direct flight.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    PerfectLizardPerfectLizard Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've got that Edmonton-Vancouver-Seattle flight. Hooray for time wasting layovers!

I did get the direct flight back on Alaska Airlines so that's good. I hate flying on Dash-8's though.

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've got that Edmonton-Vancouver-Seattle flight. Hooray for time wasting layovers!

I did get the direct flight back on Alaska Airlines so that's good. I hate flying on Dash-8's though.

Sounds like we are doing the same trip. Hubby and I are going together on the way there via airmiles, so yay layover. :cry: But I have to be back earlier on Monday, so taking the direct back home. Maybe we'll see you on the flight! :D

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    Nah they're fun little planes. Especially when you're flying from YVR to SEA, and the area is thick with cloud as is want to happen. The first time I went to Prime it was cloudy the entire flight, and we were right in the thick of it at 14,000 ft. When the realization hits you that the pilots are basically flying on instruments alone...

I'm probably not helping am I?

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Fenrisfang wrote: »

Sounds like we are doing the same trip. Hubby and I are going together on the way there via airmiles, so yay layover. :cry: But I have to be back earlier on Monday, so taking the direct back home. Maybe we'll see you on the flight! :D

haha yea the one time I did the vancouver layover was on airmiles as well. Basically fuck Air Miles, yes?

Alaska Air really should just get bigger planes from Edmonton to Seattle for PAX weekend, sounds like they'd fill it up :D

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Fuck Air Miles, and fuck Aeroplan. Is there a good rewards program out there that I can use a credit card on to rack up useful points quickly?

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth