Options

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria. I farmed up 150 Pieces of Meat and all I got was this lousy belt.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Hey, the Treasure that gives you the debuff in Jade Forest, the Offering of Rememberance. It gives you a debuff that turns you grey-ish and your mount grey like stone.

Is there anything else that does that? Any rare's 'trinket' or anything?
    As a matter of fact there is, there's a rare mogu out in the Vale that drops a tablet that gives you a buff which, for 10 minutes, turns you grey and has a chance to proc a 'stoneform' on anything you kill, essentially turning it into a statue.

Anything.

Even bosses (reportedly).

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Hey, the Treasure that gives you the debuff in Jade Forest, the Offering of Rememberance. It gives you a debuff that turns you grey-ish and your mount grey like stone.

As a matter of fact there is, there's a rare mogu out in the Vale that drops a tablet that gives you a buff which, for 10 minutes, turns you grey and has a chance to proc a 'stoneform' on anything you kill, essentially turning it into a statue.

Anything.

Even bosses (reportedly).

Is that the chalice thing? I thought it only worked in pvp. Hmmm....

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Nope that's a different thing, different rare mogu. This one's named Kang the Soul Thief if I remember correctly.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Heh. The quest you get to destroy the spider eggs in the Dread Wastes is named "Nope", your answer when the quest-giver on the wall asks if you want to crush the eggs with your bare hands.

The Klaxxi version of the quest is named "Nope, Nope, Nope".

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Whee, Swift Zulian Panther get. One less dungeon on my world tour list every week.

Oh and hey:
    Pet Battles

Battle Pets
    Qiraji Guardling's spawn rate has been greatly increased.

Nobody on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have both of the mogu items
    yes it has a chance to turn anything you get the KILLING BLOW on into stone
    The pvp one well I have not pvp'd in sometime

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    After beating our head on Horridon all last week, tonight we kill him and Council. Raid progression, woo!

Tortos feels like it's going to punch me in the dick, however.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Tortos always feels like a dick-punch. Our resto druid had the balls to say that he actually enjoyed the fight. I told him that he can kick the fucking turtles next time.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Not bad, had a pretty good week for secrets, something like five this week. Pulled a hat trick in Pinnacle and got one off every boss, and that puts me at 13/20.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Blizzard wrote:
    There’s been a recent increase in unauthorized World of Warcraft account-logins via our website and the World of Warcraft mobile armory app.

We’re in the process of notifying any account holders who were not using an authenticator and whose account showed signs of unauthorized access (e.g., logging in from an unusual IP address). If you are among this group, you will receive an email describing how to reset your account.

As a result of these activities, access to the World of Warcraft auction house via the mobile app has been taken off-line temporarily. Upon request, our customer support team will restore in-game items and gold for any accounts impacted.

While no means of account security is guaranteed, every precaution you take to secure your computer and your account—including changing your password periodically—adds another defensive barrier. We strongly encourage everyone to take a few moments to read through the security tips available on our support website and follow the suggestions posted there.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Heroic Iron Qon hnnnngh. We put in 20 attempts tonight, got pretty damn far in. Hit the very last phase a few times, then started regressing super hard and kept wiping to dumb stuff in Phase 1/2. We'll get it though.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Well i went to the new lfr scored some legs and the gloves with pitty rolls Not the coin roll
    I also got a blood spirit out of one of the bags sadly it's worthless to me as I know nothing that uses it

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Heroic Iron Qon hnnnngh. We put in 20 attempts tonight, got pretty damn far in. Hit the very last phase a few times, then started regressing super hard and kept wiping to dumb stuff in Phase 1/2. We'll get it though.

How'd you die in the last phase? When we did it, the very first time we got the ice dog was our kill. The last phase was a little silly on the healing but once you take down 1-2 of the dogs it's just like normal, except on a tighter schedule.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular

Or you could simply buy one of many Desecrated Oils your friendly alchemists can make. :)

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    all you can basically do in the last phase of iron qon is run out of mana or cooldowns

or have people continuously fucking up arcing lightning

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If you're confident in your DPS though, you can just spend some time on icy guy to relax and let the healers regen some mana. There's barely any damage going out if the DPS hold back so the reflection isn't massive and you can let them stock up for the big damage at the start of P4. Obviously this puts some constraints on the enrage timer, but phase 4 is like a soft enrage anyway.

Lorahalo on
  • Options
    Well aparently people do not like getting cremated when they die in an instance and wait for a res

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »

How'd you die in the last phase? When we did it, the very first time we got the ice dog was our kill. The last phase was a little silly on the healing but once you take down 1-2 of the dogs it's just like normal, except on a tighter schedule.

We had 2-3 people dying before the last phase (usually in phase 1 or 2), so the Fire Dog stayed up too long cause we were down 2-3 dps. The fire debuff stacked too high and then our tank asploded. The two that did die were our Frost Mage/Ele Sham, and they're both very high deeps. It especially hurt to have our Ele Sham dead, since they're cleave-machines.

Our warlock wasn't here tonight either, so GASP people actually had to learn how to not get hit by tornadoes!!!!11

Mechanics are hard.

It's frustrating too, cause if our Warlock was here it would've been a kill. Not only because of Demonic Gateway/Healthstones, but his dps is fucking amazing. We had an slightly undergeared Shadow Priest in there that couldn't even break 100k. Ugggggh.
    all you can basically do in the last phase of iron qon is run out of mana or cooldowns

or have people continuously fucking up arcing lightning

This also was a thing that happened a lot.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    I realized last night that I have not won a single piece of loot this entire tier. Nothing from normals, nothing from Nalak or Oondasta. All of my gear is from LFR and Valor. It kind of makes me not want to raid anymore, ever.

• Options
    I did a LFR last night where one of the tanks dropped group mid-Durumu fight -_- Fun times.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Whee, Swift Zulian Panther get. One less dungeon on my world tour list every week.

Oh and hey:
    Pet Battles

Battle Pets
    Qiraji Guardling's spawn rate has been greatly increased.
    Wow, they waffled on that one pretty quickly.

• Options
    Well they are haemorrhaging players so a little bit might save a few

• Options
    The Qiraji Guardling was dumb. I don't think they anticipated the camping - I'm guessing that's what mainly caused them to rethink it.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    That and the damn pet will be around until November, so buffing the spawn rate won't matter in 2-3 weeks anyway.

I went Enh back in DS and I've loved melee all through MoP so far. I don't feel like we are behind on any fight in ToT. While part of me feels odd that we get to ignore some boss abilities in order to keep smacking him, I don't see myself being a liability to our raid. Same goes with our Frost DK. I actually feel that most of the fights in ToT are tuned quite well for melee; and fights like Megaera and Jinrokh allow melee to flex their muscles a bit.

Also, depending on the techniques you're using for fights like Council and Animus, melee won't be too much of a hindrance.

Considering I came from a Hunter main, I've loved every minute of melee.

And, yeah, "fail protection" is per-boss and I believe it's coins only but don't quote me on that last part.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Oy.

Tuesday, 12 people in N. Barrens and 15 on Isle of Thunder on Windrunner.

She's dead Jim. She's dead. :(

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    The Qiraji Guardling was dumb. I don't think they anticipated the camping - I'm guessing that's what mainly caused them to rethink it.
    Not anticipating the camping would make them pretty dumb. Anyone could have seen this coming a mile away. Look at shit like the Minfernal, then limit its availability to an arbitrary set of months, make the new pet the final one gating an achievement/title, have all the exact data that tells you how fanatical a decent amount of the player base is about this kind of stuff, plug those variables into the formula of obviousness, and even a day-one intern could have told you things were going to be a clusterfuck.

• Options
    Oy.

You get double-digits on Isle of Thunder during off hours? Sounds like a pretty lively server!

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    That and the damn pet will be around until November, so buffing the spawn rate won't matter in 2-3 weeks anyway.

I went Enh back in DS and I've loved melee all through MoP so far. I don't feel like we are behind on any fight in ToT. While part of me feels odd that we get to ignore some boss abilities in order to keep smacking him, I don't see myself being a liability to our raid. Same goes with our Frost DK. I actually feel that most of the fights in ToT are tuned quite well for melee; and fights like Megaera and Jinrokh allow melee to flex their muscles a bit.

Also, depending on the techniques you're using for fights like Council and Animus, melee won't be too much of a hindrance.

Considering I came from a Hunter main, I've loved every minute of melee.

And, yeah, "fail protection" is per-boss and I believe it's coins only but don't quote me on that last part.
    Not sure if you've left out details here, but it sounds like you have more ranged than melee...

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Not anticipating the camping would make them pretty dumb. Anyone could have seen this coming a mile away. Look at shit like the Minfernal, then limit its availability to an arbitrary set of months, make the new pet the final one gating an achievement/title, have all the exact data that tells you how fanatical a decent amount of the player base is about this kind of stuff, plug those variables into the formula of obviousness, and even a day-one intern could have told you things were going to be a clusterfuck.

Have you played this game? :P They do this crap all the time! They always do stupid shit and then back peddle on it like crazy in the next patch.

Honestly, their mistake wasn't even making it as rare as it was. Their mistake was making it spawn in a super tiny area of the zone. That's what causes the Minfernal syndrome, because you have everyone who wants it camping out because they have absolutely no chance of getting it if they don't. I use the Unborn Val'kyr as an example - sure, there was camping, but you never saw more than two or three people at each spot. And there were times when no one was there. I mean, these days I'll swing by some of the spots and not see anyone camping anymore. I assume most people got them that wanted them.

The Qiraji Guardling probably would have been fine at the spawn rate, but nothing pisses people off more than waiting for hours only to have some jackass who just showed up steal your thing. The whole visual of tons and tons of people camping out was really the problem.

• Options
    My post was mostly rhetorical since I'm well aware that they regularly make dumb-ass decisions. I'm just sad that they haven't caved to pressure on some of the ones I care most about (e.g., tri-spec), while I don't have any dogs in the fight on the Guardling thing since I don't do Wowkemon.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the low spawnrate on some other pets wasn't such a big deal because people had a lot of time to get them; there was competition for the minfernal or the scourged whelpling or whatever, but nothing on the order of what happened with the guardling because literally every collector wasn't packed into a tiny area waiting to get that one pet.

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    just was involved in a galleon kill where no one received anything

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Given that the Snowy Owl was only available November - February, I'm guessing that the Qiraji Guardling will be something similar and only available for the next few months. Idk, as of 5 minutes ago there were still 6 people idling around the area of the Minifernals, so a high pop server isn't exactly in a "wait it out" situation. Whatever, they realized they were dumb.

I did do my good deed for the day regarding the pet on Saturday: I let the cat out of the bag in Silithus general chat that are 2 servers that aren't the victims of CRZ's.... (Venture Co and Ravenholt for the record, sorry EU peeps) So people can get pulled over or make DK's so they don't have to needlessly waste hours fighting with each other. Told them where and how to find people willing to help, so that was nice. Got many thanks and hopefully helped

I don't know why this one thing pissed me off so much. Maybe part of it is playing so many other games that actually encourage teamwork and community, and every time WoW takes a step forward in that department (woo, faction tag) they manage to turn around and do something asinine to get people angry and bickering again. And just look at the subset of the community they do it to... The official wow pet forums are one of the few places where people are generally friendly and helpful, who knew?

I definitely understand the feeling of accomplishment that something tedious can bring, believe me, I have 25 healers across 5 different MMOs... all of them leveled in healy spec. (even the Mystic in Tera and the WoW Pally) I had the Long Strange Trip meta on 7 characters before they merged achievements. I get it, I really do. But I can't find anything compelling about sitting in a spot for hours waiting on a spawn. And to have the audacity to call it challenging. I guess Blizz and I just have different visions of "challenging." Brawler's guild, yes. Warlock green fire quest, yes. Soloing Firelands bosses, yes. Staring at the screen listening to Netflix waiting for a green paw to appear so you can spam a macro really fast, not particularly challenging to anything but a person's bladder and sanity. I'd rather do anything than nothing. Collect a billion eggs for Noblegarden? Great, I'm on it.

Idk, even back in my "hardcore" days I never got off on the exclusionary thing. Hell, I leveled my second Priest just so I could get her keyed to Algalon so I could bring friends that would normally never see that content. (Hey, the boss was really pretty >.>) My absolute favorite thing in vanilla was bringing someone to Molten Core for the first time, just for the wow factor of seeing Rag the first time. OK now I'm just drunk and rambling, what was I talking about?

Oh yeah, pets! Yeah there's nothing particularly challenging about pets, so bring on the Zookeepers! You want the same title I have? Awesome, lets go play pokemon. If you flew around for 20 hours, leveled a legion of pets to 25 and collected 34 of Azeroth's finest bugs, and then waited 5 more months for the freaking summer solstice, you should be a Zookeeper without any more speed bumps. I guess that's the casual in me, being happy when other people are happy. >.>

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular

Did it show as tagged? It would be goddamn hilarious if no one noticed it wasn't tagged because someone from the opposite faction tagged it right before you started.

• Options
    Oh my god, these Ahune groups.

Just went through not one, not two, but three groups before I could finally down him for the day.

First group? Two DPS just stood there, not bothering to fight. They weren't AFK either, because they would actually move out of the targeted icicle pop-ups that Ahune tosses down. So, spacial awareness? Check. Willingness to perform the role to which they were suited? Not...checked. So, we wipe, to the fucking elemental that pops out first. Didn't even get him down. That's how fast the rest of the group died.

Alright, re-try. One DPS leaves after not being able to find his way back, the other just stays out the entire time. So we get a new DPS, this time a Monk - the first Monk in the GAME who has no idea what Spinning Crane Kick is. Stands there, occasionally auto-attacks or tosses out a Chi Wave. We manage to make it to the first submerge and wipe. This time the Healer bails. Then we wipe, then the tank and other DPS bail.

After a good thirty minutes in this godforsaken instance, we finally get a third group and manage to down him after nine minutes.

All this was after FORTY goddamned minutes in the queue. Seriously, it seems like no one is playing this game anymore.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Summer weekday, no telling who is sitting in Mom's basement playing his older brother's toon.

• Options
    Opty wrote: »

Did it show as tagged? It would be goddamn hilarious if no one noticed it wasn't tagged because someone from the opposite faction tagged it right before you started.

no, it was def tagged

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Oy.

You get double-digits on Isle of Thunder during off hours? Sounds like a pretty lively server!

As I fellow resident of Windrunner I do not bother with the N barrens as I got the pet and brawler guild card and there is little of interest left
    I don't bother with the Isle of thunder because it just feels very unrewarding to go there

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    I definitely understand the feeling of accomplishment that something tedious can bring, believe me

I think this kinda encapsulates what I feel like has been going on with WoW lately both for players and the devs.

I too, understand that feeling; similar to you I had 10 characters with Long Strange Trip, I just got my 9th 90 last night, etc etc etc.

But the thing is, the line between "feeling of accomplishment" and "relief it's over" has become so blurred in WoW that even the devs don't know anymore the difference.

The idea that somehow camping for a pet should be rare and special and make a player feel warm and fuzzy because they have something others don't have doesn't even begin to compare with the feeling of finally getting down an end-of-tier boss after weeks or months of hard work and dedication.

Or, that the level of exclusivity of either on should be similar.

As a player it can be confused, for sure. I've often found myself wondering, after doing something, am I relieved it is over, or am I happy I did it? For all those Long Strange Trips it was definitely the former; though I have no one to blame but myself for that one. Obviously it can be argued that anything you do in WoW should be laid solely at the feet of the players because it's their choice but....hmm...Whenever I see GC use the "who is forcing you to do <thing>" I just have to be careful of spraining my eyes from rolling them so hard.

But back on topic; look at so much recent content and what among it is "man, that was hard but cool" and what is "god, finally..."? How many of us were excited about the idea of an ongoing legendary chain that everyone could take part in over the course of the xpack? And what did it turn into? Collect 10 of these and 10 of these, only from specific bosses, and there's no cap; now collect 6k VP, now collect 20 of these, now collect 12 of these only from specific bosses..and 5.4's leg looks to be another collectathon. Little, to nothing, about the quest is, or has been, 'Legendary'. The little cutscenes at the end of each phase don't even come close to making up for the headache of actually doing them. Isle of Thunder; work together to unlock more areas and content! Oh, but work is capped, there's artificial barriers no matter how much you 'work together' and it was canned unlocked anyway; plus you barely got more content, as the last half of the daily sets are always the same now so you arguably have less content. The Barrens stuff...neat idea, absolutely zero follow through. The only real reason you have to work with anyone else is that they made bosses so unreasonably difficult that you can't solo them, so you pretty much have to wait for others to progress. And even then theres little to no reason to keep doing them once you're done so if you don't get it on Tuesday on most servers, you're SOL. At least the IoT rares drop VP continuously along with their lesser charms so you have incentive to farm them.

My point is that they're designing content less and less to make players feel like they accomplished something, and more and more to make players keep trying to accomplish something. It's like...if you wanted to make a game about losing 100lb's...they forgot to give you the satisfaction of losing 100lb's and just made the game entirely about the daily jogs and avoiding eating the things you like, and then....tell you you need to lose 50lb more.

Part of the problem is their kinda bipolar view on how much it matters what is exclusive to who, but part of it is they're clawing so desperately to figure out how to keep people playing that they don't even know (if they ever did, really) anymore what it is that was so magical in the first place. For the first thing, it jsut feels like the rewards for things you do anymore are so neutered to avoid making anyone feel upset that anyone else has their toy too. Conversely they're so obsessed with making sure every single player ever can access all the content that they don't let themselves design anything really fun, interesting, unique, or challenging anymore. So instead of an actual "Legendary" questline, we get a series of quests that would be irritating to do no matter how you dressed them up.

So things like the Warlock's Green Fire quests are the exception instead of the rule, and that's the whole problem. Well, a lot of it anyway. As the playerbase 'dwindles' (which has it's own unique definition for WoW) they keep reaching for the universal, when they should realize that moment is past, and start targeting the unique and fun. It's not that they have to toss accessability out the window, but they need to get back to realizing that accessablilty doesn't have to mean flavorless.

I hope the next xpack tries some new stuff. I hope that the server clusters make the game feel alive again; I know for certain being on Zul'jin makes a world of difference...to the point I barely want to play my Alliance anymore because the server just is so dreary. I hope they can remember there's a difference between accomplishment and relief at the end of a journey and start focusing on creating opportunities to create the former.

EDIT: Pet Battles was/is a neat feature, but I do think they made mistakes with the rarity of some pets. If they want some to be rare, fine, great; but don't make it rare by miserable camping and dealing with troll players. Make it rare by requiring the player to earn it individually.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand