Options

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria. I farmed up 150 Pieces of Meat and all I got was this lousy belt.

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Tortos always feels like a dick-punch. Our resto druid had the balls to say that he actually enjoyed the fight. I told him that he can kick the fucking turtles next time.
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Hey, the Treasure that gives you the debuff in Jade Forest, the Offering of Rememberance. It gives you a debuff that turns you grey-ish and your mount grey like stone.

Is there anything else that does that? Any rare's 'trinket' or anything?
    As a matter of fact there is, there's a rare mogu out in the Vale that drops a tablet that gives you a buff which, for 10 minutes, turns you grey and has a chance to proc a 'stoneform' on anything you kill, essentially turning it into a statue.

Anything.

Even bosses (reportedly).

If it's the same thing our hunter uses it does indeed work on bosses.

We've had some interesting poses happen with that buff when he gets the last hit. He even managed it on a few first kills. Made for an epic kill shot.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    EDIT: Pet Battles was/is a neat feature, but I do think they made mistakes with the rarity of some pets. If they want some to be rare, fine, great; but don't make it rare by miserable camping and dealing with troll players. Make it rare by requiring the player to earn it individually.
    while I agree with your whole post, I just wanted to point out that their latest attempt at "earning it individually" was the insane grind of 250/1000 pvp wins. camping for a minfernal/etc is a vacation in comparison

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    EDIT: Pet Battles was/is a neat feature, but I do think they made mistakes with the rarity of some pets. If they want some to be rare, fine, great; but don't make it rare by miserable camping and dealing with troll players. Make it rare by requiring the player to earn it individually.
    while I agree with your whole post, I just wanted to point out that their latest attempt at "earning it individually" was the insane grind of 250/1000 pvp wins. camping for a minfernal/etc is a vacation in comparison

Hah, yeah I meant more like...I dunno...some sort of 'tournament' Scenario you can do once a week or something that can be difficult but is doable, but not immediately winnable. Kinda like a fishing tournament but just you. Require a bit of luck, but more skill; and not be a grind. Not that the fishing tournament is skill. As someone with Salty it's 100% luck. Or in STV on a PvP server abusing people :lol:

EDIT: I'd say...if you're requiring a player to do something that requires a number and you're typing more than like...one..maybe two zeroes? Nope!

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    speaking of Salty, does it all have to be done on one character?
    the tourney is all I'm missing and rolling a DK on a crz-free zone might be a good use of a couple hours

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    speaking of Salty, does it all have to be done on one character?
    the tourney is all I'm missing and rolling a DK on a crz-free zone might be a good use of a couple hours

doesn't look like it, as the meta is marked as account wide

(which is generally the case for meta achievements so that you can't have all the requirements lit up without the meta itself)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The Windrunner allaince is dreary? I don't know as I don't hang out in the cities anymore

I agree about pet battles but I will still say it
    They have no idea what is thier player base anymore

• Options
    I will never get Salty done as I have been usually asleep when it was going on

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The Windrunner allaince is dreary? I don't know as I don't hang out in the cities anymore

I agree about pet battles but I will still say it
    They have no idea what is thier player base anymore

It's really bad now.

Up until the transfer sale I could usually get enough Nalaks and such that I wanted; now I'm lucky if I catch one or two a week. There's just no one anywhere. At peak hours there was like 18 people in N Barrens on a Tuesday vs. Zul'jin that had 50+ in Barrens all day.

it's just getting worse and I am looking forward to the clusters.

• Options
    So a lot of people bailed from the Allaince to other servers? O_o
    And I thought the horde really went downhill after wrath

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    It's not just the populations that were the outnumbered ones that have suffered from the gradual migration; I'd say unless you are one of the "mega" servers, then your server's population is only going one way.

Azjol-Nerub EU was never really anything special in terms of pve progress, and while the horde population was pretty small, the alliance population used to be one of the largest ones amongst EU pve server types.

It isn't anymore. I honestly can't understand why populations haven't been more tightly controlled although I think I'm right in saying that some servers are now locked and can't be transferred to. Maybe after clusters are made, they'll keep a closer eye on things.

I'm pretty curious with regards to who is going to cluster to who; is it only servers with a small populations? Is it going to be all servers even the ones with massive populations?

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    I really don't like the idea of clusters
    They should just give up close a few of the lower pop ones and let those people go to any server but limit the ammount that can go to certain servers to force them to bail out quickly

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you can transfer wherever you want, usually. They restrict the free ones and a few servers were ineligible as destinations while the sale was on, but in general you can go where you want. Which makes sense really; who's gonna pay 50 bucks to swap server/faction if they don't have a place to land when they get there?

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I really don't like the idea of clusters
    They should just give up close a few of the lower pop ones and let those people go to any server but limit the ammount that can go to certain servers to force them to bail out quickly

Considering clusters are server mergers in all but name, then your solution seems to be a tad more complicated.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Heroic Primordius is getting much much closer. We would've had him tonight if our tank hadn't DCed. He was at 20%, half the people were already transformed and the other half had 3-4 stacks and the tank drops, ooze spawns and we all die. Blaaaargh. Should have him tomorrow. I might miss it due to exams, which is shit because I've been on every attempt since we started prog on him.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Gotta love the random lag spikes we were getting last night which were knocking everybody offline, especially in the middle of boss fights.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah that happened in cho'gall too

• Options
    Reports were suggesting that we were seeing some old style server killing Oondasta raids, but I didnt' see anything confirming it.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Woooo... Lei Shen is dead! Now we can work on heroics next week :D

Also, FUCK YOU game. I needed TWO fucking Titan Runestones. GOD FORBID you give me one off of ANY of the five other bosses that can drop them (with Lei Shen being a guaranteed drop). So now I have to wait another fucking week for my cloak. Soooo pissed.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Also, FUCK YOU game. I needed TWO fucking Titan Runestones. GOD FORBID you give me one off of ANY of the five other bosses that can drop them (with Lei Shen being a guaranteed drop). So now I have to wait another fucking week for my cloak. Soooo pissed.
    It's pretty dumb. I'm 7/12 and I've had the quest for months. A guildie is 4/12 on main and has cloak on alt. Wtf?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Having just finished the second part of the legendary quest (for the socket), I would just like to say that while the ability to add a gem socket to my weapon is nifty...the inability to use my legendary gem in the legendary socket is bloody stupid. When I read that they expanded the weapon that you could socket from just sha-touched to Throne weapons, apparently I mistakenly assumed that this also meant that "your gem works with those weapons too".

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Huh, from the hotfix of yesterday:
    Horridon

Reduced the health of Gurubashi, Amani, Drakkari, and Farraki combatants by 10%, and reduced the damage of their abilities like Sand Trap and Frozen Orb by 20% for the Horridon encounter on 10-player Normal difficulty.

Well, this'll be nice to let our raid know next week, now that we actually killed Horridon before these nerfs and would like to have him on farm.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Well when my brother and I went to the Thunder Lfr people were focusing on Horridon and not the trolls
    So it was really a mess when the War God jumped down with 20 or so trolls running around

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I died on Horridon last week on my Rogue because the tanks weren't picking up the adds.

So when no one actually used the orb on the Drakkari door and trolls were pouring out it and the Amani door and everyone was flipping the fuck out in chat about the adds I just laughed and laughed.

I could have pointed out the orb...but man, if 24 other people can't notice it, I can just enjoy watching it.

I regret not turning on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    In the same vein of interesting LFR experiences...I was not aware that you could kill the first Twin Consort before she swaps to the second one. You know what that does? It prevents the Ice Comets from spawning since she's dead, so Fire lady just keeps getting stacks.

Of course, this was an LFR where myself, my guildie, and 6 other random LFR DPS were between 100-180k and we had an amazing group of healers as well as the off-tank timing ability uses (the healing and health ones in particular) when they were needed the most. It was mostly a "Wow I didn't know we could do this" rather than a hair-pulling moment.

Characters
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

It's pretty dumb. I'm 7/12 and I've had the quest for months. A guildie is 4/12 on main and has cloak on alt. Wtf?

We did about 1.5 hrs on H-Jin then tore up through Primordius for upgrades (my raid is less geared than I realized). Not one. single. runestone.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Not sure if you've left out details here, but it sounds like you have more ranged than melee...

I guess I was misreading the posts regarding melee vs. ranged. I'm simply pointing out that myself and the other melee in our 10M can stay competitive with the ranged without too many difficulties; despite "Blizzard has hated melee since BC."

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

We did about 1.5 hrs on H-Jin then tore up through Primordius for upgrades (my raid is less geared than I realized). Not one. single. runestone.

Runestones only drop from Durumu, Primordius, Dark Animus, Iron Quon, Consorts and Lei Shen. So you only killed two bosses that could have dropped one.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    Was there some reason maintenance was on Wed this week?

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    So I just discovered the usefulness of healing through DPS as a disc priest and it has taken so long because I'm not a fan of this type of healing. From my understanding it is mana efficient to heal through DPS but it's a slow way to heal. If the raid is taking tons of damage it makes sense to use healing spells. I guess it's kinda cool but I much prefer to heal not DPS when I'm playing a healer.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Was there some reason maintenance was on Wed this week?
    I'm guessing fixes relating to the hacking/mobile auction exploits that just weren't ready yesterday

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Yeah, our melee are extremely competitive with our ranged in...pretty much every fight. The only time ranged really go crazy is multi-dotting fights

• Options
    Multi-dotting as a Boomkin feels like an addiction. Every time we go back to single target, stuff just feels so slow and wrong

Characters
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Javen wrote: »
    Yeah, our melee are extremely competitive with our ranged in...pretty much every fight. The only time ranged really go crazy is multi-dotting fights

I had like three different people complement my dps on Lei Shen last night in vent :P I assume because Rogue 4pc is insane and it was the start of the fight. It's basically back-to-back 6-point Envenoms.

The funny thing is my ilvl is still a decent bit below other people. I can't seem to get normal tier drops to save my life. Though I did get lucky with a thunderforged dagger off Maegera :)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    @Caedwyr: well.....fuck.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Thanks for my third healing staff, Ji-Kun. I didn't want those icky tier pants anyway.

Also, I have become completely incapable of getting loot from the first quarter of ToT.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

I had like three different people complement my dps on Lei Shen last night in vent :P I assume because Rogue 4pc is insane and it was the start of the fight. It's basically back-to-back 6-point Envenoms.

The funny thing is my ilvl is still a decent bit below other people. I can't seem to get normal tier drops to save my life. Though I did get lucky with a thunderforged dagger off Maegera :)
    Well, rogues have been top tier of the melee DPS pile since 5.2, so I'd hope you're competitive. In particular, Assassination rogues are insane on Jin'rokh.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »

Runestones only drop from Durumu, Primordius, Dark Animus, Iron Quon, Consorts and Lei Shen. So you only killed two bosses that could have dropped one.

Ra-den drops them, too, for the record.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    It's usually myself and our enhancement shaman who are #1 and 2 on pretty much every single fight, by a pretty wide margin, followed by our warlock and Mage, and shadow priest, pretty much in that order. Not saying certain fights still don't favor ranged, but there's no real gap between the roles anymore, performance wise that has to do with ranged v melee

• Options
    I don't think anybody's said that Melee are not competitive DPSwise with Ranged. I'm usually near the top in raids I'm in as well, and that's as a ret paladin. We have an enh shaman too, and his burst at the beginning of a fight is insane to the point where I have a salv macro for him and whether or not I beat him on DPS is based purely on if the fight goes on long enough for me to catch up (or if he dies from pulling aggro....)

The issue is that boss mechanics tend to punish raids which lean too heavily towards melee whereas there's very little drawback to leaving heavily towards ranged. Think about what it might look like, for example, trying to do Tortos as a progression fight with only one or maybe two ranged, as compared to only one or maybe two melee.