As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lets Play!] Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together; Update 44 posted!

• Options
    Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure @CorriganX now carries a deep and abiding hatred for anyone who voted Port. More to come.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    If you guys were wondering, this port turns out to be multiple levels higher than us even after grinding 15+ battles. And a rescue mission. And.. just.. fuck. I haven't given up yet, but I can only attempt this a few times without breaking something.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Let it be noted that, when the votes were case, I voted for @Corriganx.

Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • Options
    I completed the port. It is done. I'll put up the next update either late tonight or tomorrow. I'm just really not feeling up to typing up the update and stuff, and having troubles getting some of these stupid pictures uploaded. For some reason IMgur only uploaded half our team's stat pictures and continually fails when I try to reupload the broken ones.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Update 42: Where we grind up our guys, then grind out the pirates.

So I have never finished off the Wildwood after going there the first time. Imagine my surprise when I went to go grind some xp and it was just a bit larger than I first expected.

hOTFh3n.pngE2VnPjR.pngZ0HjoLP.png

Jesus christ, I ended up doing 15 fights in there. Thats what caused quite a bit of delay in this update. Now for random battles I don't do pictures of the fights or anything or I would be here for 2 weeks commenting on 15 fights. :p So I will give us a quick view of our party, showing off their new levels and stats.

yApR8CQ.png0IskJcH.pngTKvbikG.png

2dWegcD.pngifYVePO.pngcJPq91F.png

DFatlz7.pngtbXdVvu.pngVy798I5.png

WX2RION.png07zPKuR.png

Now, for some reason Imgur hates me. I took 3 different snapshots of Delzhand's stats and none of them will properly upload. Sorry Delz, just know that you're also level 17 and using the same gear as Canopus

1nwZepo.png

Snot's new spell. As a Warlock he has access to Draconic Magic, which is kinda cool. They require specific reagents to cast along with mana, but they can be really useful. Also everyone fucking knows Exorcism because I did a battle vs nothing but undead and didn't remember to bring Basil along. Went through a lot of Exo scrolls.

Oh also on the way to the port you have to pass through Almorica Castle. We got into a cutscene here though, which is Interesting. Didn't even know there was one here.

YCBXYDX.png

WARREN: Let us hope he is all right... *cough* *cough*

MBBcx9l.png

WARREN: I'm fine. I think I've staved off death another day.
    SAM: Sir Warren, there was something I wanted to ask you.
    WARREN: This has the sound of something serious.

WDcAJvM.png

WARREN: Why do you want to know?
    SAM: If your ends are the same as Lodis, I would ask you to return to Xenobia.
    WARREN: Hrm...
    SAM: I have no wish to fight you. If you've another purpose here, perhaps I can help.
    WARREN: I already told you. We were banished.
    SAM: The truth, Warren!

lTLCOhH.png

WARREN: We are here on an errand for our king. But I assure you, we have no designs on Valeria. Our true purpose is quite different...

[Warren tells of the Xenobian's secret mission.]

[Lanselot, Canopus and Warren meet with the Xenobian King, Tristan.]

JeJZZ4O.png

ly70SXE.png

LANSELOT: Fool a friend to fool a foe - or so they say. We deserve no less. The safekeeping of the blade was our sworn duty.

JOKzMmp.png

TRISTAN: Whatever Lodis's reason for taking the blade, it belongs here. See it done, Lanselot.
    LANSELOT: Your Majesty.
    SAM: Brynhildr.... All this intrigue over a sword?

WARREN: No ordinary sword.

oNVIMUB.png

WARREN: I cannot vouch for the legend, but regardless, the sword is an ancient Xenobian heirloom. We must retrieve it at any cost.
    SAM: And it was the Dark Knights who stole it.
    WARREN: Quite right.

JcyC5lZ.png

WARREN: Did they bring it here as mere subterfuge, or for some deeper purpose? We must...must find out. *cough* *cough*
    SAM: I mislike the sound of that cough. You had better rest now.

[Warren slides under the bedsheets, his eyes closing.]

SAM: Think no more on the sword. We will find it, and when we do, it will be safe.
    WARREN: I've no doubt of that, Sam. Thank you.

Nice little cutscene in Almorica. Warren getting better, and he explains why they were all 'banished' in the beginning. Thats cool, while we're on the way south we stop at the Golyat to check the shop and make sure we're adequately equipped after our run through the wildwoods.

X7wwnzN.png

Oooh. New shopkeep in Golyat? Surely won't be relevant later.

tWfgATb.png

This is us heading to the port. This is where I was excited to see whats in store. Two attempts later, I was not as excited. I will not show those attempts, because fuck everyone who knowingly voted.

IhJkR74.png

Drok and Jak sit it out. Need as much dps as we can.

YXLQAjm.png

[Upon hearing strange rumors, Sam arrives at the exotic port town. A group of villagers huddle around a storyteller.]

U51wTVi.png

R1V0ReL.png

SEADOG: Sirens, leviathans.... Any man of the sea worth his salt's seen one. If you find one who says he hasn't, he's no man of the sea! He's a landlubber, without spine or spirit!
    WOMAN: If you say so! I suppose you're different?
    SEADOG: Care to find out for yourself? I've no engagements later this evening. Ha ha! On with the game! Who throws the bones next?

[A pirate lurches over toward the table, eyeing the young woman.]

Syrjvop.png

RAGNAR: We've plenty of coin, and far less hot wind than you'll get from between his wilting whiskers.
    WOMAN: Look in a mirror before you talk of wilting whiskers! All the coin in the world won't get me one step closer to the table with you.
    RAGNAR: You even know who you're talking to!?

[A number of bystanders back away.]

s1nmeKy.png

RAGNAR: You'd call the pirate Ragnar a street louse!?

[Ragnar's rising voice scares away the rest of the bystanders.]

SEADOG: Then you do not deny you are a milker of cows! Yes! I knew it by the vacant lookin your eyes! You pirates are ever so, all whey and no cream. Ha ha!
    RAGNAR: You scrawny little -

[Sam arrives with the hope to restore order.]

yaCSIVa.png

gexPhui.png

RAGNAR: What? You're but a child! A child who plays at soldiers, from the look.
    PIRATE: I know that one. He's been fighting the Bakram, he has! Captain, that's the one they call the hero of Golyat!
    RAGNAR: You don't say? Our tide's coming in, boys! Grab the child. We'll hand him over to the Bakram, then find some wenches who'll take our coin!
    SAM: They're not afraid of blood, apparently. Let's show them some. Storyteller! I've an eye for a swordarm, and I doubt yours will need any help in this fight.

JV826PB.png

SEADOG: Diego may be a man of the sea, but he can hold his own on shifting deck or solid ground.

UOFfiDj.png

[The storyteller Diego brandishes his weapon and teams with Sam to take down the pirates.]

Okay, so we're rescuing some crazy drunk storytelling buccaneer. Thats not too bad so far, lets look at his stats.

qshg2WM.png

Oh, nice! He has Fusils, which are guns. Huh, hes pretty high level, thats cool he must be.. wait a minute.. EVERYONE IS LEVEL 21+?! ARE YOU SERIOUS. Fuck my life. Well you fuckers voted for it, so we're going to fucking do this level. We're going to fucking keep Diego alive, and we're going to kill the boss, and we're going to get out. Fuck this level.

BhRxxyg.png

This is most of the enemies. Some are hidden behind the walls in the back, hiding in the alleyways. The important thing to know is that there is A LOT of these assholes.

ntr1qLP.png

Step one is to get Canopus as far forward as he can go, then get him a haste buff so he can get to Diego asap and keep him alive. If he dies this time i'm going to be pissed.

96NbJ9U.png

Teehee, he said Booty.

rfBiQLg.png

DIEGO: Rest easy. I've no interest in the squabbles of boys.
    RAGNAR: Boys!? Curse your sandy piehole! I'll kill you and the Resistance brat both!
    DIEGO: Wind and bluster seems to be your idiom. Take what you want, kill who you dislike - that's the pirate's way, no? But odn't make the mistake of thinking me an easy mark! Let's see what you've got!
    RAGNAR: Careful what you ask for!

LZ9ms05.png

And this is just a turn into the match. Our fucking most defensive guy is getting destroyed before he moves out of the starting area. Jesus christ. Level differences are ridiculous.

5VlIeh2.png
    Pv06xng.png

Flavor Text for Snot's Draconic magic. Anything that can give us defensive boosts is super important. Quarts is in the red already, but thats actually okay for us. We've got a specific plan we're putting into motion.

aNFvcU1.png

Oh if the guys being higher level and beating the shit out of us attacks isn't bad enough, fucking BOOBY TRAPS?!

teehee booby

2f8XQRj.png

Trees and shit got in the way, but look at this shit. Night is doing 20 damage a swing to a knight. Also this knight has Rampart Aura, so we can't exactly get past him quickly. We have to put him down fast so we can get through and make it to the main boss.

w3PU6Ep.png

Khildith gets wrecked but heals himself up. Phase 1 of our plan is to just rush forward and take as much damage as we have to, heal through it and just keep moving. So far so good.

au1Dtrd.png

Erlec heals up Sam, making sure he survives the rush.

IDIy6nA.png

Oh thank god, at least the Rescuee is defending himself. Holy shit its a miracle.

tLQVmGm.png

... the boss took some damage, but hes healing himself. Great. Also Diego is poisoned in the back. Fuck.

Uu8o4gi.png

Snot takes a hit and barely lives, but thats fine. His goal this attempt was to get Dodge on as many damage dealers as he could.

neVQG8f.png

Did you know that if you put up evade you CANT BE FUCKING HEALED BY ITEMS. Awesome. Oh well, scratch that attempt. We divert Canopus to a different square this turn. He fires on the boss to deal what damage we can before we get the rest of the crew all up in his face.

neVQG8f.png

Snot gets off another Dodge. He'll die after this turn, but he did what we needed him for.

MzZOkzC.png

Quarts used his finisher on the knight, so we can finish him with Sam a turn later. Now that the big Rampart Aura is gone, we can get everyone up close. Now phase 2 of our plan commences. Everyone who took a shitton of damage should have a lot of TP, and we blow our load of Finishing moves to end the fight fucking asap.

psxvtDy.png

Critical fucking hit from Nightslyr does 30 damage. Amazing. Fuck level differences.

gqd95uB.png

The thief uses the lobber shots on our group. Doesn't matter though, Shots can't kill you and they're feeding us more TP. This is a suicide run. If our team can't bring down the enemy in the next few turns we're done either way. Do your worst asshole thief, we're expendable!

aGftikA.png

Erlec keeps himself alive. One or two more turns and we're set.. just have to make sure everyone is alive until we get there.

FVpsCkn.png

Snot goes down, but his job was done. Hes got 2 of the people at the head of the li.. oh my god. With all 5 of our units lined up like that.. they look like a penis. Erlec and Khildith are both a testicle. I JUST NOTICED. Oh my god, thats great.

ge4I8mS.png

Quarts is the second to fall, but his Finishing Move let us kill the knight in time so his sacrifice isn't in vain either.

WEJo3QE.png

Boss tried to end our run this turn too, but Nightslyr said fuck no. The boss's finishing move misses. Suck on that motherfucker.

uVfazp4.png

Evasion fails, Canopus gets the heals to him in time. Fucking awesome. Im feeling real good right about now. We might actually fucking win it this time.

mUSTGje.png

Basil is getting targeted, have to do what he can before he gets taken out too. Haste to Erlec, lets get this party started.

UB1Q9vJ.png

... Oh well guess we can't depend on long range artillery.

uf3VTC9.png

Erlec leads our charge, fucking up Ragnar's day with his Finishing Move.

otYu1e0.png

Oh, asshole thief. You want to stop us? ITS TOO LATE. WE'VE ALREADY COME TOO FAR TO BE STOPPED.

JOrbhgX.png

PLA shows him how a real berserker rolls. Not enough TP to use a finisher, so instead he just socks him in the jaw.

P4Ju7Rd.png

Woo! During the grinding before this fight, Sam got his Mace skill to level 4 which unlocked another finishing move. Here hes showing it off. Entire screenshakes and theres some earth and sand looking stuff. Looks decent. BUT WE KILLED THE FUCKING BOSS. Fuck him. I dont give a fuck about your level differences motherfucker! Level 17 Knight (and crew) > level 21 Berserker asshole.

WHLusZw.png

him88RS.pngXmipgTO.png

The only person we killed dropped a tarot, so no spoil. At all. Whoops.

[Diego drinks by the docks, children running past him. Sam walks toward him but is halted by the beggars.]

Dee6Sh2.png

YFbVg5K.png

SAM: You're the storyteller from the market square.

[Sam turns to the children and eventually they leave.]

pw8FGHy.png

DIEGO: What I want to know is: Would drinking elsewhere change anything? It won't fill their bellies, that's for sure.
    SAM: ...
    DIEGO: This is the bottom of the cask, boy. Lees and dregs.

ghSiZiE.png

SAM: You're suggesting I drove those children here?
    DIEGO: Refugees don't grow on trees.

QfNu1CT.png

SAM: I'm not averting my eyes from the truth. I know what I've done, and why.
    DIEGO: There's a leader of the Resistance for you! More noble words in one breath than most men say in a year. Pay no mind to a scoundrel like me. I know my place. Hadn't you best be off? I'm sure a man like you's got plenty needs doing.
    SAM: I was thinking what a shame it is that a swordarm like yours languishes in a town like this.

WL9lLlL.png

[Sam turns to leave, abandoning Diego to his drink. He launches the bottle and a small child steps out of his house, picks it up, and takes a seat right next to Diego.]

Its kinda fucked up, but Diego looks old enough to have seen his fair share of noble heroes. No matter what Sam does right, it always costs lives. And those lives aren't in a vacuum. Every man and woman he kills can have a family, children, brothers, sisters, whatever. Every battle we fight and win is another group of families obliterated. Well. Fuck it, I'm still in a good mood even after that somber though. Fuck that fight. But we won! Eventually.

Okay guys! The port is out of the way, and we can't progress the pirate side-story yet. So where are we going next? Plot Battle or do we head to Balmamusa to check up on the Necromancer guys? Thanks for reading, and let me know! Vote vote vote.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Man...the readers of this thread really hate you.

Great job!

Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Good positioning for that final thrust with Erlec and Khildith!

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    huh huh huh

he said thrust

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    All Necromancers must die.

The answer is clear.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    Teriferin wrote: »
    All Necromancers must die.

The answer is clear.
    I'm with this one. It's kinda our thing at this point.

Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    +1 necromancers

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Wow, great work on the port!

Now off to cleanse the land of necromancers!

Hey, look on the bright side, once you get through it, the BadMotherF's are gonna stomp those goons waiting in the main plot.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ErlecErlec Registered User regular
    Ok, we didn't find any "ladies of the night" but we found a old man drinking. We must have the worst of luck.

I hear Necromancers deserve to die though. So we should head there and bash heads.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Necro, Necro, Necro, Necro,

So if I understand this correctly this was an optional battle that did not need to be done? That was why it was so much higher than the normal level?

• Options
    Rchanen wrote: »
    Necro, Necro, Necro, Necro,

So if I understand this correctly this was an optional battle that did not need to be done? That was why it was so much higher than the normal level?

When you beat the game you unlock the Tarot and you can travel back to any decision you made and redo it to explore all the parts of the game. This fight has to be done at this point in the story, but you should come back once you're done with the game so you're high enough level to clear it out normally. Theres specific timings to do all the 'locations' in this chain, so I'll try to imply when we should be doing them. If we miss out on some sidequests I wouldn't mind though, we're already in teh longest chapter of the game without sidequests, with sidequests its about as long as the rest of the game combined.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Now is the time to stomp out the necromancers.

Also, really bad wang formation jokes.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Great update! I'm going to say plot battle first, because that Necromancer fight right after this one might cause you to have a heart attack.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Okay, necromancers it is. You guys really fucking hate me progressing the plot and maybe finishing the game sometime this year.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Update 43: Where we fight undead, but we know the real monsters. Necromancers.

First a quick fight we had on the way to Balmamusa to take on the undead threat.

3TGS7Zy.png

4kzZbYU.png

Okay so back to our original plan for this update, lets see whats shakin' in balmamusa.

SqvuRiM.png

W9VYqy9.png

fvwdIDU.png

AWYHZsl.png

OELIAS: Sleep, souls. Embrace the waiting ever-world!

[She attempts to exorcise the demons.]

bRxj8Km.png

OELIAS: No.... This does not go well. I cannot deliver them all to rest.

xbrwAxe.png

AwDNEDR.png

Still the best name.

SAM: Flee while you can!
    OELIAS: May the protection of the Father be with you!

[She attempts to flee but is cut down.]

yOAz0JL.png

SAM: No! Blast, if we'd only arrived sooner.

eOKelSQ.png

87tkWNH.png

u9uEvS3.png

ANOTHER FUCKING RESCUE MISSION? ARE YOU SERIOUS?! WHAT DID I DO TO DESER..

L8xb4rC.png

Oh shes already dead, all we have to do is revive her. Thats not bad. If every rescue mission started out with the rescuee dead so they dont immediately run further into enemy lines, it would be the best thing ever. Lets see what we're up against.

hZnqa38.png

SSN63J1.png

Okay, the big hitters are already stilled, the rest don't look too terrible. The beginning of this fight ended up being really boring, so the pictures from the beginning are kinda spread out, once I make some stupid mistakes in the middle it gets more interesting.

cdUJO7z.png

The enemies in here like to paralyze our team for some reason..

9h4Wu11.png

We've finally fought our way up the super thin staircase that was blocking our movements, we've already Hasted + forcefed Mana herbs to Basil, so he can exorcise as many things as possible. This means of course that Basil isn't spending his turns healing. Nothing bad can come from that though.

ysWdsFp.png

I didn't even know this was a skill/spell in the game. Confused me so I caught a pic of it. Either way it missed.

2NsbNPo.png

Shit almost forgot to revive her. I was putting off picking her up because I didn't want to have to babysit her for the rest of the battle. Oh well. No choice now, her turn was coming up next.

6xl4awI.png

c153sNR.png

SAM: That will be best done elsewhere. Go, quickly!
    OELIAS: May the protection of the Father be with you.

YBEDMAc.png

[She flees and Sam continues fighting the beasts.]

.... what the fuck have you done with tactics ogre, and what crazy non-asshole rescue mission game have you put in its place.

Qjz4b2G.png

Snot bringing the fire to the re-animated enemies. So far we've been able to use exorcism on every one we've killed, but I don't know how long we can keep it up. I guess we're just so badass we're killing too many for Basil to keep them down.

xqtvsmc.png

Basil has no time to heal, so Quarts has to take over duties to keep him alive. Don't want to waste all that mana Basil has saved up, Exorcism is expensive.

kBV0EUZ.png

PLA got level 4 in fist weapons, unlocking a new finishing move. Repeated sparks all over the screen to simulate repeated blows. Its pretty nice.

ey9fF44.png

... So. Mistakes were made.. and I was so busy exorcising I didn't stop to heal.. Yeah. I fucked up hard here, and the rest of the battle is me scrambling to fix it. Should've kept healing through the middle, but I wanted to end the fight earlier and mistimed it. A skeleton on the bottom has revived itself and started harassing our weak lines.

I8XSXsM.png

Delz fires off his Brimstone Hail finisher and clears out the archer, and damages the skeleton in the back. We've only got 2 more enemies left but they're sitting in the back which means the time spent getting up to them can cause some of our guys to die or their guys to revive. Fuck.

UKOMv14.png

.. Cyclops gets up, punches Basil. Basil doesn't man up, and dies. Well fuck. There goes our main exorcism source. Fuck.

GFzmNcG.png

So we revive him and force feed him mana again. Can't do this level without exorcism and we're really low on scrolls, down to like 1-2 left I think.

YBbw6c2.png

Basil's first order of business is to keep this TK down. Don't want more tanky guys getting up which would delay us even longer.

7bY2mJl.png

Canopus takes out the archer we killed earlier. Uses one of our last scrolls but I really didn't want another person up that would immediately run away and drag this out longer.

h0VHmLO.png

These super tanky super high health guys are so goddamn annoying. Wish I had gotten the exorcism off on this guy, its a bitch to re-kill them.

952MdYP.png

Drokmir's finisher comes into play. Rending Gale hits twice, so it does about 120ish damage. Not bad at all.

KqDt8P7.png

Sam picks up Khildith. We'll keep chaining rezzes until our entire team is up. Don't want to risk losing any of them.

8zhfWL6.png

This skeleton is the one that revived and fucked up our backlines, so we're finishing him off for good. Fuck this guy.

VaB49En.png
    Ra1ZR5r.png

Apparently gaining Loyalty to our group is 'the fool' move. Hmm. Not sure what that says about us.

rxa2pCf.png

Meanwhile Canopus one shots the ghost in the back. Goddamn that guy was one of the last ones we needed and he ran away for the entire fight. Finally he comes up and gets taken out. We've almost finished this up now.

VtmIsUS.png
    yDvIFNr.png

Bg8zSUh.png
    VzHIrFo.png

Grab what cards we can, then send in Sam for the finishing blow.

qmArnZ5.png

SAM: Perhaps the woman we saved knows something. We can ask her while we tend to her wounds.

vYTMHTy.png
    WtQmikK.png
    XgkkZke.png

Woo. Fuck the undead, but where were the goddamn necromancers we were promised! Goddamnit. Oh well lets check on the cleric we saved.

[They meet in an empty house.]

IASplXu.png

OELIAS: The attack came without warning.

gOggBay.png

Yezasni.png

OELIAS: I fear so. But who would put the dead to...to such... *cough*
    SAM: Steady!

eo4J0Xv.png

OELIAS: The zombies move to attack Almorica. Please, you must protect the people there.... Give the dead their deserved rest.
    SAM: I promise we'll do all we can.
    OELIAS: Thank...you. I go to my maker...in peace.

ysxmH5M.png

[She succumbs to her wounds.]

Necromancers! You will pay for your horrible acts! We will avenge.. uh.. the um.. her name was.. THE SISTER CLERIC CHICK THAT YOU KILLED!

... but first..

JrMITp0.png

We're going to continue this side-mission as much as we can, so we'll go exploring. If I can't trigger the next step we'll just go ahead and do the plot fight. Thanks for reading guys!

ps. Fuck necromancers.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    qmArnZ5.png

What?

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Woohoo, undead and necromancers!

But for real, that was the best rescue mission ever. As a quick tip, you don' have to kill all the undead in levels like these I don't think, just still them all and you will still win. That said, you don' get their sweet loots if you don't exorcise them!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Kias wrote: »

But for real, that was the best rescue mission ever. As a quick tip, you don' have to kill all the undead in levels like these I don't think, just still them all and you will still win. That said, you don' get their sweet loots if you don't exorcise them!

Yeah, but I've had runs where I fucked up the timing one came up, then it all went to hell. After wasting 40 minutes in an all undead mission, i've started exorcising like a motherfucker. Undead get no 2nd chances.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Kias wrote: »

Yeah, but I've had runs where I fucked up the timing one came up, then it all went to hell. After wasting 40 minutes in an all undead mission, i've started exorcising like a motherfucker. Undead get no 2nd chances.

#YOLOSWAG420

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Yolt doesn't have the same ring to it.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Dalantia wrote: »
    Yolt doesn't have the same ring to it.

You Only Unlive Once

Nah, doesn't really work either

• Options
    You're already dead?

• Options
    Finally got to read this one. Good stuff. I reached a point this last game where I had to decide between buying tons of scrolls and my team having no money for weapons.

We bought scrolls. Screw zombies.

Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    I've been meaning to pick up this game. I just need to know one thing: How does level scaling work? Is it like FFT where level scaling in story missions are locked, but if you over grind you'll end up facing lvl 99 killer chocobos in random encounters or something?

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    It's locked until you beat the game, then it scales with you.

• Options
    Update 44: Where we hunt down those necromancers where we first saw them.

3x653oA.png

Apparently this is where we need to head. Back where it all started. Fuck this place.

qzhgMD6.png

lGaoiwP.png

igyGw6x.png

HonVi1f.png

SAM: The dead leading the dead? Something foul is afoot.

uQaTBO2.png

Okay, so theres a few big guys that start out stilled like last time, but we don't have to kill everything. We can just kill the boss if shit gets dicey and we need an emergency fallback plan. Shouldn't be too bad, undead normally aren't too strong. Its just the zombie undead big health guys that're monsters.

13PZgZZ.png

Plenty of open space, lots of targets, shouldn't be anything too terrible.

t1et2t4.png

First order of business we try to kill off as many of the stilled targets as we can.

BsAd6UM.png

Enemy got shot a few times, then attempts to take out his anger on PLA. PLA counters and puts him down for the count. Suck on that angry dead dude.

wCHe4xU.png
    tiNw4sh.png

Exorcism flavor text. With how often hes been using the spell lately, I've seen it quite a few times.

lzY5nXo.png

We don't make it to the two that're down on the right before they get up, but we've been clearing out the middle pretty quickly. Not bad.

yKLi3L9.png
    It2QheK.png

Exorcising some of the bodies gets us a card, which leads to +Avd for Delzhand. Not the best stat, but its always helpful with how poorly I plan these fights sometimes.

9L38c7i.png

And now the big guys are up and roaming towards us.

eNKTp1y.png

Basil gets low on mana from so many Exorcisms. Not on Snot's watch! Man I should probably get snot some field alchemy sometime.

FqFqcbq.png
    RBEohOT.png

PLA gets targeted for being on the front line, but Sam heals him up right as rain. Well okay, nowhere near right as rain, but at least it stopped the bleeding. mostly. somewhat.

4UYy2IU.png

With all of us bunched up in the central area a lot of stun and poison is being thrown around. Poison doesn't do a lot of damage, but the stagger from stun is getting really fucking annoying.

L9bVaOE.png

Snot throws some fire into the mix when they bunch up. Hah! Fire > Poison, learn2pokemans.

21bQQ43.png

And PLA kept getting targeted so he heals himself to make sure hes up for the rest of the fight.

ndpZTy1.png

Basil gets the shit kicked out of him, but survives. Barely. Woo. Didn't lose all that mana.

Aw1o2kA.png

Delz rushes in to do what he can to help keep Basil alive.

McbKr5x.png

Then Canopus turns and blasts the enemy with his Finishing move. Thats what I like about Canopus, a real go getter. Unlike that khildith fellow who just stands in the front getting hit.

wVc3VTb.png

Basil backs off and keeps himself alive, which means theres one less exorcism being thrown. We'll have to pick up the slack with scrolls.

pgDaEB4.png

This guys who came back from being stilled are really fucking big pains in the ass. Their health pool is gigantic and we're doing almost no damage to them. Even Canopus' finisher barely scratched them.

wr32iG6.png
    6mCb0q2.png

Although if you combine fire resistance debuff from Snot, and Fire damage finisher from PLA's flaming fist, you can do a good amount of damage. Awesome Teamwork.

7SAm8uK.png

Bastardknight targets Erlec and kills him with his ultimate. :(

0xixhN5.png

Their physical resistance is higher than their magical resistance, so Khildith finishes off this dragon asshole with his.. well.. finisher. I guess they're aptly named.

Rq2t2Bj.png

Basil's turn next and we take no chances, killing off that fucking dragon for good.

rYHWPHM.png

Night's last attempt at finishing this fucker off ended with him getting staggered and wasting his turn. He doesn't miss this time, and thats one less tanky ghost to deal with.

tBPWklY.png

Keeping PLA alive is pretty important. We're almost done now, and don't want to fuck it up. Hehe, with Night Khildith and PLA lined up they look like a lower cased R. haha. R For retar.. uh.

JB33YAm.png
    neogHe9.png

.... FUCK. Fucking goddamn skeleton archers using fucking crossbows!

frAvVNs.png

Okay. Well. Uh. Lets throw finishers at the boss and end this shit asap before I fuck it up even more. Dark Weight from Jakarrd.

4jQMG1j.png

Gaia Sunder from Sam.

HKm8dDv.png

Fucking Great. Thats what we needed, one of our high damage dealers turned to stone. Amazing!

t2hyuqL.png

Delz's finisher thrown at him, too.

Ho4RLZf.png

Basil can deal 1 damage to the boss, so hes better off just turning Canopus back to flesh from stone.

yIWFx3H.png

And with perfect timing, Canopus's turn was next. He finishes off the boss with a crossbow bolt, and we're done with this fucking shitshow of a fight. Everything was going well until.. well.. it stopped going well.

oqPIHNw.png

DIEVOLD: Hatred dark within me...a curse become.... Ruin to the Walisters in Almorica!

0xYAY5O.png

SAM: We must return at once.

0UBUlG5.png
    agkTuqG.png
    wQBiO1X.png

Woo! Thats 2 parts of this sidestory out of the way. Next time we push on to Almorica Castle and save them from the zombie hordes! And hopefully kill a necromancer! (and not fuck up like this time)

Okay guys, thanks so much for reading this update! We'll be finishing out the Necromancer side story next, if I survive through this Amnesia: The Dark Descent playthrough im doing for Charity in the Steam Thread.

<3

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Guys, im going to put the update on the side burner until I'm done with the Amnesia playthrough. I know it sucks, because I started this first, but with the charity aspect of Amnesia I really want to get that finished. As soon as I'm done with that i'll get the update up for TO again. I promise. <3 Probably be about 3-4 more days.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    There's not a soul here who would put our personal enjoyment ahead of a good Child's Play charity - do what you gotta do!

• Options
    Okay guys, I didnt want you guys to think I forgot you! Im currently playing through the update right now, so should be uploading and commentating on it soonish. Probably by tomorrow. The rest of this week has some RL stuff I need to take care of, but I'll get this update up asap. <3

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    SAMLJACKSON LIVES!

Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Delzhand wrote: »
    There's not a soul here who would put our personal enjoyment ahead of a good Child's Play charity - do what you gotta do!
    5767266546_d6e00cdb39_n.jpg

PLA on
  • Options
    God damn this game. Okay, so this mission is not going as quickly as I had goddamn hoped. Drastic measures will have to be taken to complete it, but may take time. Still beating my head against it, but may be a bit delayed.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Try beating my head against it, I have a sharper hat.

• Options
    Okay, so ill let you guys in on some behind the scenes. We're trying to do a battle where I have to rescue a necromancer who starts out killed, we have to get to her in 3 turns and revive her if we even want a chance of recruiting her. However she is pretty far in, and the only one who can reach her in time is canopus due to bullshit bulwark aura guys. When she revives shes surrounded, and she never tries to run away she just dies because she gets up with like 20-40 health depending on what you use to revive her. I have done this fight at least 5 fucking times now. I'm so goddamn tired of this. I'm going to try one more tonight, if I can't do it we're just going to go somewhere else and do that. I know this is super delayed, but Im seriously angry at this stupid fucking fight.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    If the fight is driving you nuts, definitely go do some other stuff and level up a bit before you try again. We don't want you to have a nervous breakdown before you finish the game.
    Feel free to collapse afterwards, though!

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Honestly, that's a fight that should be saved for the postgame

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg