As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"The reality is..."

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I've never had too terrible of an experience in CA DMVs, but man they are painfully boring.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    So today my family's finances forced a decision to cancel my cable today.

To compensate I have downloaded Game of Thrones and the Doctor Who season premiere.

Anyone else forsake the cable in the name of thrift?
    Been forsakin' for a few years now. No point in cable when you have an OTA Antenna, Hulu+, Netflix, and/or Crunchyroll. Plus, most TV networks worth their salt also have their shows up for streaming on their websites.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    washington state has, apparently, recognized that everybody hates going to the DMV and so has made it an astonishingly easy and quick process that irritates to the least possible degree

I imagine that DMV trips are much more troublesome to the east, engineered to be difficult with the purpose of spiting those of us on the west side of the mountains.

Haha are you kidding? I walked in to the Delaware DMV and almost left because I thought they were closed because there was only one person in there and she was a clerk.

Naw, when it comes to bad DMV locations, California takes the cake.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I've never had too terrible of an experience in CA DMVs, but man they are painfully boring.

I was going to just get my ID once, not a driver's license, and they stuck me in the line for getting a license. When I got to the front and found out, I was pointing out the error and asking where I was actually supposed to go. The lady gives me this confused look, looks at my application, grabs a pen, and with me looking in plain sight alters my form to say I was signing up for a license and not ID. Then she pretty much gave me a "look what you did" fit.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    what's the difference between "single" and "available" on OKC?
    I assume one denotes an open relationship but I don't want to say for sure

my first thought was that not everyone who's single is necessarily looking for a relationship

just asking seems like the best option, since everyone fills it in themselves

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I meant the east side of the state but whatevs it wasn't a serious statement anyways.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Okay something must be going on because now I can't find a couple of other pretty important things that I know I had a couple weeks ago

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Arang wrote: »

my first thought was that not everyone who's single is necessarily looking for a relationship

But isn't the point of OKC to find a relationship? If so, what's the point of announcing you aren't looking for a relationship?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

But isn't the point of OKC to find a relationship? If so, what's the point of announcing you aren't looking for a relationship?

There are options to indicate that you're looking for friendship, activity partners, long-distance penpals, stuff like that

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular

my understanding is that you can also just find buddies

• Options
    also, if you're on there you're presumably going to keep your profile around

so if you're just getting out of a relationship and you want some time to yourself you could be like, we can get to know each other but that's it for now

I don't know, I'm not an OKC expert

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    67881_359857270790254_1939850838_n.png

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

There are options to indicate that you're looking for friendship, activity partners, long-distance penpals, stuff like that

Isn't there a "swingers" option?

• Options
    godmode wrote: »

I'm not sure how it's listed but I'm sure I've seen a few

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    It's been a while since I've been on there, but I always got a kick out of those kinds of options.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

I'm not sure how it's listed but I'm sure I've seen a few

I just checked and the only options are Single, Seeing Someone, and Married. It automatically changes to Available if you pick Seeing Someone/Married and check dating or casual sex in the "I'm looking for" part. It's probably best to ask if it's not made clear in their profile though.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I still think it's funny that Viv expected me to be taller before she met me.

I am pretty sure the first things I said to you were:

"Oh hey! You're THE GEEK!" <pause> "I thought you'd be taller!"

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    The SC DMV can be taxing, depending on where you go. Last time I went I helped an old man fill out his license renewal form because he didn't know how to read or write. I felt happy to help and also sad that someone in their 70's couldn't read.

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I still think it's funny that Viv expected me to be taller before she met me.

I am pretty sure the first things I said to you were:

"Oh hey! You're THE GEEK!" <pause> "I thought you'd be taller!"

When I met Knob he could not stop talking about how tiny I was.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I got picked up by the geek tonight, it was pretty rad

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I got picked up by the geek tonight, it was pretty rad

Got Weaver in a fireman's carry, too.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    The publicshaming tumblr is making me angry.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    pretty sure it is supposed to do that

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Okay.

Angrier than usual?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Oh, man! Is Finding Dory a real thing? I thought it was some April Fools thing I hadn't heard on the day.

• Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Do I want to know what that is?

• Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    the Hugo/Cesar Chavez thing is pretty fucking upsetting, if completely predictable. it is pretty rad of google to put Chavez' picture up on the doodle knowing it would probably incite a lot of impotent christian outrage

• Options
    Oh, man! Is Finding Dory a real thing? I thought it was some April Fools thing I hadn't heard on the day.

Pixar announced it on April 2.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Hey I wonder what this is all abo- god fucking dammit

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Snork wrote: »
    the Hugo/Cesar Chavez thing is pretty fucking upsetting, if completely predictable. it is pretty rad of google to put Chavez' picture up on the doodle knowing it would probably incite a lot of impotent christian outrage

I wouldn't call it Christian outrage so much as 'i can't tell the difference between two Mexicans named Chavez and I love murrca' outrage

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular

Pixar announced it on April 2.

Hooray! I'm always veeeeery cautious with these things, even the day after April Fools.

I've had my heart broken too many times.

• Options
    Stealing from my own facebook post:

While I am wary of Pixar starting to go down the sequel route, the only things I have to judge by are Toy Story 2 and 3, which were fantastic, and Cars 2 which was weak, but only had an okay first movie to start with. We'll see how Monsters University turns out before I get worried about Finding Dory.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Snork wrote: »

I wouldn't call it Christian outrage so much as 'i can't tell the difference between two Mexicans named Chavez and I love murrca' outrage

yeah, to be sure. i don't doubt there's a significant amount of people who were annoyed that someone other than jesus or the easter bunny was on the doodle on sunday, though

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Stealing from my own facebook post:

While I am wary of Pixar starting to go down the sequel route, the only things I have to judge by are Toy Story 2 and 3, which were fantastic, and Cars 2 which was weak, but only had an okay first movie to start with. We'll see how Monsters University turns out before I get worried about Finding Dory.

finding dory seems like it would as unnecessary as say taken 2

a kidnapping/rescue plot feels ridiculous if it keeps happening to the same characters for no good reason

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    re: taken 2 being ridiculous
    at least taken 2 shut out the possibility of a taken 3 upping the ante with who gets taken, because everyone in the entire franchise has now been taken at least once

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    re: taken 2 being ridiculous
    at least taken 2 shut out the possibility of a taken 3 upping the ante with who gets taken, because everyone in the entire franchise has now been taken at least once
    taken 3
    the world gets kidnapped by aliens

• Options
    Taken: To Space

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Taken: Escape from Hell

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    This Ain't Taken: An XXX Parody

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Taken and Bakin'

Only on TLC

Gatsby on