As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kororinpa Marble Mania

BTPBTP Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
I don't have time for a true OP. Sorry.

Apparently this came out on March 20. IGN and Gamespot gave it reviews in the 6 range, saying most of it is too easy and there's too little to the game for the price it is asking.

Does anyone have the game? I'd like to hear some personal reviews beyond what those reviews said.

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
BTP on

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    I have it coming to me from Gamefly.

I hope it's good.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    It looks like a "hey, you're not using that Wii for anything else" game

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wait, this actually came out? Freakin awesone.

I'll grab it once it drops in price.

ArcticXC on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Okay, this has been out for a week. I still haven't seen it, thoughI can't say I really tried to look for it. ;) Has anyone at least rented this?

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bought'd last Sunday, Beat'd last night. It's actually very short... even though it's got about 40 levels. It seems so short because you can't fail, ever. You have unlimited tries, and you don't even have to get all the gems in one go. If you die and come back, you still have all the gems you had when you died.

Also, it doesn't have a countdown timer like monkey ball, it actually counts up and the goal is to get the shortest time you can on any board. Maybe if you get gold on all the boards something good will happen, I don't know. But to get the better times, you have to use faster marbles, and the faster marbles are harder to steer. Once you learn the tricks though (short hops, using walls as floors, and holding the remote in both hands for a finer touch) you'll be cooking.

The game is seriously awesome for the "OMG I can't believe I just did that" factor (because you will be rolling up the walls, and frequently) and for finding all the cool ways to get through a stage and collect the green secret gems, but if you're just looking to get through it and nothing more this is going to be one short game.

Also, no progressive scan support :(

It's a lot of fun, but I'm left wanting more levels and there's just no more content left. Even though I beat it, I'm probably going to go through some of the earlier stages with some of the faster marbles I unlocked to see if I can get some gold rankings.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    dmaurodmauro Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zombie Attack!

Hey, so it looks like maybe there's not as many people here that are as into Kororinpa as I am, but I have some pretty awesome times for the first 25 levels and I could start up a Game On if there's any interest and any of you are going to try to top my times. It will give you something to do until Mario Galaxy comes out at any rate, right?

dmauro on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]