Options

Newcomer with horrific cats

FellegranteFellegrante Registered User new member
Hello, I am the author of a notoriously awful Harry Potter fic. I also do drawings, plays, puppets, and films. I drew these cats.

il_570xN.435787671_og22.jpg

• Options
    flowerhoneyflowerhoney Registered User regular
    I don't know what happening with these cats... but I think I like it

Its so bizarre and strange I just have to keep looking

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Haha. Post more!

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    XzbeatXzbeat Registered User regular
  • Options
    FellegranteFellegrante Registered User new member
    Thanks! There are prints of them at my Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/theresathinginthere

Someday I'd like to use this drawing as a concept for a mythological historical drama puppet film about a planet of cat people. The eye monster is the demiurge, having severed its other three eyes to create the sun, moon, and earth. The cats are being sculpted out of cellular space beams, and will begin as double-joined multi-sex creatures, based on Aristophenes' creation myth:

" It is, he says, because in primal times people had doubled bodies, with faces and limbs turned away from one another. As somewhat spherical creatures who wheeled around like clowns doing cartwheels (190a), these original people were very powerful. There were three sexes: the all male, the all female, and the "androgynous," who was half male, half female. The males were said to have descended from the sun, the females from the earth and the androgynous couples from the moon. The creatures tried to scale the heights of heaven and planned to set upon the gods (190b-c). Zeus thought about blasting them to death with thunderbolts, but did not want to deprive himself of their devotions and offerings, so he decided to cripple them by chopping them in half, in effect separating the two bodies."

• Options
    EyecagerEyecager Registered User regular
    I only see one cat, I demand my money back. Kidding kidding, but pretty trippy piece. Can't wait to see more!

Way cooler name, thanks guys!