As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Forum Badge for PAX Prime 2013

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I got one last year without my name on the back. This year i fully support having my silly internet handle there!!

Also it's super cool you guys are doing this.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Hell_MelHell_Mel Registered User regular
    Thanks for the hard work!

I support this endeavor!

• Options
    TwinDadTwinDad Puget SoundRegistered User regular
    I support this endeavor

The theme looks fantastic, kropotkin.

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    First off allow me to thank @KodiSir and @Infidel for their design suggestions. This is why the Forum Badge is a community item as it designed and created by us, the PAX community. In response to their observations and suggestions I have made a 3rd version of the front of the badge, and here it is:
    130425-PAX-Prime-2013-Front-Forum-Badge-v3_zpsa69e01fc.jpg

As you can see the drop shadow is now hard and to the left, as per the original Infocom boxes and the URL font has changed to the Infocom one. Let me know what you think of the new design.

Secondly I'm really liking the 'I support this endeavor!' comments, I may try and put it somewhere in the design, not sure where though!

Thanks all for the positive responses, it really means a lot.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    This is now the best design ever.

• Options
    ThirmuriThirmuri CalgaryRegistered User regular
    The changes made for the 3rd version are really good.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    First off allow me to thank @KodiSir and @Infidel for their design suggestions. This is why the Forum Badge is a community item as it designed and created by us, the PAX community. In response to their observations and suggestions I have made a 3rd version of the front of the badge, and here it is:

As you can see the drop shadow is now hard and to the left, as per the original Infocom boxes and the URL font has changed to the Infocom one. Let me know what you think of the new design.

Secondly I'm really liking the 'I support this endeavor!' comments, I may try and put it somewhere in the design, not sure where though!

Change the ribbon text to read: "I suscipere conatus"

• Options
    mishappmishapp CalgaryRegistered User regular
    This looks amazing!

I support this endeavor!

• Options
    Allforce wrote: »
    Change the ribbon text to read: "I suscipere conatus"

The community crest cannot be changed. I did not design it, it was made seperately a few years back. Thanks for the suggestion though!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    The badge looks awesome. Thanks for making this!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
  • Options
    hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    Thank you for making this piece of Awesome!

Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    i want in, but is it really bad that i don't want to read through this whole post to figure out how to pick one up?

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    ctiwolf wrote: »
    i want in, but is it really bad that i don't want to read through this whole post to figure out how to pick one up?

You just did! That was easy, wasn't it.

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ctiwolf wrote: »
    The OP, if it doesn't already, will eventually explain exactly how to get one.

Posting in here gets your name on the badge.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    This is both correct and good. Continue.

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • Options
    KodiSirKodiSir SeattleRegistered User regular

Now there's a damn classy looking badge! I'm liking the changes!

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Continuing the trend of I support this endeavor!
    Looking amazing. Even better and better. You sir, are a classy man of talent.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    Yup here I am again. Sadly I haven't been so active on the forums lately since I've been busy with school but I do plan on going to my fourth PAX this year! Anyways can't wait to see the final design as it's always great! My favorite so far has been the sci-fi version.

• Options
    ratzofftoyaratzofftoya San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    This is so super rad! I love the infocom idea and just the fact that y'all are making this possible. Can't wait to pick mine up!

• Options
    Paddy_VPaddy_V Registered User regular
    GrimWulf wrote: »
    How about 830/2013 for points? Get the date in there.

I was gonna suggest changing the score to 0/4 to represent PAX Prime 2013 being four days long instead of 3. I like your idea better!

• Options
    Paddy_V wrote: »
    GrimWulf wrote: »
    How about 830/2013 for points? Get the date in there.

I was gonna suggest changing the score to 0/4 to represent PAX Prime 2013 being four days long instead of 3. I like your idea better!

I'm not terribly keen on messing around with the score. Infocom games had this unique system that I'm trying to emulate. The opening screen of Zork has 0/3 score line so I thought I'd repeat that.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    The infocom score bar shows the score before the slash then the moves after the slash. The opening screen would start with 0/0 then after someone typed 3 different commands it would be 0/3 (assuming they didn't get any points for those 3 commands)

Rhiley on
    2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    If you wanted to incorporate "I support this endeavor" you could...

Change "You can also see the following people"
    To "You can also see the following people who supported this endeavor"

Maybe? Maybe not?

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    This endeavor, I support it.

This is pretty awesome work, kropotkin, I look forward to seeing this around the event, and maybe picking one up for myself as well.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    ValgadisValgadis Just North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    With a badge that awesome how could I NOT be in complete support?!

PRIME 2013: Ticket [X] PTO [X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ] Head Explody Anticipation [X]
    <a href="http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/177492/prime-2013-custom-pax-dice-rpg-set-wins-design-discussion-now-in-progress/p1">PAX Dice Set</a>: Dice Selected [X] Design Selected [ ] Colors Selected [ ] Order Made [ ]
  • Options
    ShmelioShmelio Registered User regular
    @kropotkin Is it possible to make the PAX 2013 portion into a banner along the top of the crest? I think by doing that it would enable sight of that portion alot easier. Don't get me wrong the entire image is beautiful to say the least but I think the PAX 2013 part is feeling a lil underappreciated.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Delete this. it was extra @zerzhul thanx

Shmelio on
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    still looks absolutely amazing Kropotkin , I can't believe how the bar gets raised higher and higher with each badge , please keep it up !

• Options
    NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'd like one too! (Post in this thread, get name in, classy endeavor etc.) I see these every year but never got one. Guess this is the time.

• Options
    KodiSirKodiSir SeattleRegistered User regular
    Shmelio wrote: »
    @kropotkin Is it possible to make the PAX 2013 portion into a banner along the top of the crest? I think by doing that it would enable sight of that portion alot easier. Don't get me wrong the entire image is beautiful to say the least but I think the PAX 2013 part is feeling a lil underappreciated.

I agree that would make the PAX pop more but I'm not sure it's really necessary. Since we'll already have the other PAX badges. That's just me.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Sometimes @Kropotkin, you make me wish I didn't have a boyfriend. :D

(EDIT: Damn smilies aren't showing up!! Is it just me?)

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    AndrethAndreth Registered User regular
    Brilliant!
    I support this endeavor!
    (How could you not?)

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    That's a cool looking badge. I support the idea and wouldn't mind having my name on there.

• Options
    Shmelio wrote: »

The 'PAX PRIME 2013' text replaces the Infocom text from the original game boxes. Clearly we couldn't have people walking around PAX with a trademarked logo emblazoned on a badge they were wearing, so I replace it with the PAX text. Click on the box art below to see what I mean:
    milli0.jpg

Additionally we do not want people to confuse these badges with official merchanise! As with all other items created in this forum they are by and for the PAX community and not for Penny Arcade. I would ask everyone else who is reading this forum to bear this in mind when making suggestions :)

Thank you so much for your comment, it is most welcome and I also appreciate the positive feedback from everyone else.

Now I have one question for you: Should we lose the QR code? I'd like to drop it as no one uses the blasted things...

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    bloatedhippobloatedhippo Registered User regular
    I don't like the QR code just sayin'

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    I've never used it, so it's up to personal preference I guess.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    I've used it on occasion when talking to people that have never been to the forums. I do not have a strong opinion about keeping it though.

• Options
    hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    I only use QR code for my small business, that is all.

Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular

Wowzers. That is awesome, just keeps getting better! I support this endeavor!

• Options
    OK. I got it @kroptokin. I wouldn't use the QR code. And I especially love the fact that you used HHGTTG