As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monday Night Roll20] Quest for the Kiln of Culinary Delight! (discussion thread)

PeffPeff Registered User regular
edited August 2013 in Critical Failures
The Official Monday Night Roll20 Thread!

Schedule:

Monday June 10th, 8:30ish ET
Tuesday June 17th or Wednesday June 18th 8:30ish ET
Monday June 24th 8:30ish ET
Monday July 1st 8:30ish ET

This thread is for discussing the current game, scheduling upcoming games, and any questions pertaining to the current system. Currently meeting Monday nights at 5PT/8ET on Roll 20

Current Roster:

@Khildith
@Suicide Slyde
@Captain Carrot
@Rhapsody
@JacquesCousteau
@Goose!

Featuring @Hensler, come home soon!

Current 4e Characters:
Dox Changeling Rogue @Khildith
Vimak Goliath Warden @Rhapsody
Uthames Hengeyokai Avenger @Goose!
Julien Jacque Juliard Gnome Mage @imafrog
Zane Revenant Battlemind @Zubukiel - Now severing the Raven Queen.
Meavoi Changeling Blackguard @Leper - Tower Steward, esq.

Old 4e Character:
"Big Daddy" Travok Dwarven Fighter @Suicide Slyde Off having a baby
Onyx, Half-Orc Wizard @Captain Carrot MIA
Shokamb @JacquesCousteau MIA
Guardian, Warforged Fighter (Defender)
Gunruth Bouldershoulder, Dwarf Cleric (Leader)
Dox, Changeling Rogue (Striker)
Antioch, Human Ranger (Striker)
Caracticus, Human Wrathful Invoker (Offensive Controller) [MIA]
Sornos, Tiefling Fighter (Defender) [MIA]
Elevan Zolerii, Eladrin Sorcerer (Controller)

Pathfinder Characters:
Shokamb, Human Abberant Sorcerer
Leoben, Human 2h Fighter
Thistle, Dwarven Barbarian
"Big Daddy" Albion, Elven Druid
Alandir Pafford, Human Punchy Monk
Belkas Dustwalker, Half-Elf Bard

steam_sig.png
Peff on

• Options
    Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    I feel like I need a new forum avatar to reflect the big daddy honorific.

Also, lets say someone got their hands on Star Wars Edge of the Empire. Is there any hypothetical interest in playing that?

It's me I bought it, who wants to play it sometime in the future?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Seems interesting.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I could go for that. And I'd also be up for running more of Marvel Heroic in the future.

• Options
    How's the rule set? Should I start looking for a book or is there an online resource?

We'll add it to the list of systems ;)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I'm down for basically any system.

I just like playing games and you guys are the best duders to play with!

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'd play EotE.

• Options
    Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    Just because I didn't make this clear in my initial post this is the beginner box so there's only 4 characters included, but I have no problem running it more than once.

There is the logistics issue of getting the character folios to each player and the special dice. Hm.

I did not think this through.

• Options
    Just because I didn't make this clear in my initial post this is the beginner box so there's only 4 characters included, but I have no problem running it more than once.

There is the logistics issue of getting the character folios to each player and the special dice. Hm.

I did not think this through.

I think special dice are supported on roll20 now. You can upload images and make your own dice using those images, then right click and roll the die to see results. There are also "rollable tables" so if you need a six sided die with 4 different results you can have it associate 1 and 2 with one result, 3, and 4 with another, and the other two as their own results. It might take a few minutes to plan out but I think you can make it work, I've heard of people playing EotE before.

• Options
    I've spent a few hours tonight honing my GM skills ;) Also, I also found a pdf for a 4e adventure in my tabletop docs. So more options!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well that takes care of most of the issues.

But nobody get any ideas, it is going to take me awhile to get that setup.

• Options
    Reading the rulebook for Deadlands makes me really want to play it (but not run it).

• Options
    Question for everyone: if we started something to try and get a proper campaign/story going, what's the system of choice?

My thought is to get into some characters everyone really likes for our overall game and then once a month or so, have a one off night to explore new/different systems. We also could revisit the mercenacy idea for rotating GMs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Personally as I said I prefer 4th Edition, mostly because that is what I know best.

Plus the whole D&D Insider thing makes character creation/monster creation super easy and simple.

With that said if people had strong feelings for another game I'm totally willing to be overruled in the interest of their enjoyment, I don't feel strong enough to really argue on its behalf.

• Options
    I vote for 4e as the regular system, because this whole thing is why I bought the PHB in the first place.

I think the mercenary company is a good idea for rotating GMs.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I can dig 4e, but I'd like it to be totally open to all books/stuff, not just core rules.

• Options
    imafrogimafrog Registered User regular
    As Khildith mentioned DND Insider makes character management for 4e really easy, which always makes things easier. So 4e would be my vehicle of choice.

And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite.
  • Options
    http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/ Just found this linked on r/DnD, its what I've been looking for for a week or so, but if you're used to Roll20 you might not need it.

• Options
    I'm not a big fan of 4E, but if that's what people like, then ok. I would like to try out stuff that isn't as well-known, like the aforementioned Deadlands and Buffy.

• Options
    LeperLeper Registered User regular
    Room for one more at this virtual table?

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
  • Options
    Aren't I already running it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah I was under the impression its @Peff with Pathfinder tonight and until we finish the adventure at least.

I like the idea of finding a set system like 4th edition and then once a month or whenever the DM needs a break we can break out other systems for testing purposes.

I'm glad we've been doing it the way we have so far though, because MHR was a ton of fun and I certainly would have never played it without our system drifting.

• Options
    Oh, okay. As I said, I'd also like to try out Deadlands and Buffy, though I make no guarantees of being a decent DM for either, since I'm still reading their books.

• Options
    Khildith wrote: »
    Yeah I was under the impression its @Peff with Pathfinder tonight and until we finish the adventure at least.

I like the idea of finding a set system like 4th edition and then once a month or whenever the DM needs a break we can break out other systems for testing purposes.

I'm glad we've been doing it the way we have so far though, because MHR was a ton of fun and I certainly would have never played it without our system drifting.

I thought I mentioned that in my post but apparently not.

I would like to rehash MHR too because I super wanted to play that but things didn't go right that night. And then disappointed you all had fun without me.

That is not allowed.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    It sounds like everyone is mostly sold on 4e for our main campaign then? I don't mind taking the helm if you guys don't mind me still learning a bit, unless Khil has more for us?

Also, yes to MHR. Because smashing things and making it about Mother Russia was fantastic.

Peff on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I like 4e. I have no access to MHR, but wouldn't mind giving it a try. Deadlands is good fun.

Is it more PF tonight?

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    It looks like you already have a pretty big group for the pathfinder adventure. Are all dems planning to show up?

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I think everyone is still in, its still the continuation/finale of the PF beginner box. You can always watch if you're worried. Or you can join and I can adjust the CR a touch >:)

Peff on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think I may just watch this evening, like [because] I'm a creepy bastard.

• Options
    Looking forward to hunting for the mythical dragon steak my fighter craves so much.

Is it wrong to eat a sentient creature like a dragon? Hmm...

• Options
    Some say cannibalism is only humanoids...others say sentient beings. I say that dragon meat has a very high cooking temperature and the quest for such a flame is an adventure in itself ;)
    Totally keeping that adventure in my back pocket for a rainy day, thanks for the idea :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'll prolly do the same. Haven't played Pathfinder before and wouldn't want to try and learn all the quirks right before a session. Not to mention create a character.

• Options
    RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    I'm gonna have to pass tonight gents, just moved into a new place and still don't have internet yet. Please remember to yodel in my absence.

• Options
    But....who will wear your glorious hat?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @Rhapsody noooooooooooooo

• Options
    Can't make it tonight, my wife just started a new job, and she needs the computer to do some work related stuff.

Hooray only having one computer.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Nooooooooo!

Here's the link again if anyone needs it: https://app.roll20.net/join/99136/oTcGZA

Peff on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So what are you guys missing now?

• Options
    Slyde was our druid, Rhapsody was... uh... I don't remember. Sorry.

• Options
    The druid and bard have been kidnapped by RL duties.

steam_sig.png