As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime Badges 4 Days & 1 Day Passes Will be Sold

167891012»

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    From linear time expansion, I'd guess BYOC seats will be $45.

Coming up on 9 a.m. PDT. Stay calm and hit F5.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    Kaoken00 wrote: »
    Has anyone purchased Pax tickets on there iPhone or iPad with no issues in previous years?

Never on iphone/pad but I bought mine last year on an android phone wile at Disneyland. So I can't imagine it being a problem.

Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    From linear time expansion, I'd guess BYOC seats will be $45.

Coming up on 9 a.m. PDT. Stay calm and hit F5.

9am not looking so good. Fingers crossed for 10.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Tickets where are you!?!?!? I just want to be your friend and buy you. I promise we'll have lots of fun together D:

• Options
    BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    I don't look for them until after lunch at this point.

• Options
    VanusVanus Registered User regular
    They don't have to come on the hour. Badges go on sale when the PAX Gods will them to.

• Options
    byakuenbyakuen Somewhere in SeattleRegistered User regular
    The wait. The torture....

♥ Properly Pleased Participant of Past PAX PrimeWest: '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    K BYOC is up now too. It has to be today

• Options
    VanusVanus Registered User regular
    Oh the anticip...

• Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Not to damper the excitement but didn't they change the website dates like a week earlier last year?
    Serenity wrote: »
    Yep, gonna be any hour/day now.

Also just an observation, they haven't changed www.paxsite.com to go to prime.paxsite.com it still goes to east.paxsite.com

If it's a DNS redirect it might just not have propagated yet.... Yea just speculating while I wait for 9am. ;)

Yeah but default TTL for a DNS change to propagate is 300 seconds which is 5 minutes...
    It's been a lot longer than that and site hasn't changed...

Also not to put a damper on the excitement but last year, didn't they change the site like a week before tickets went on sale?

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Not to damper the excitement but didn't they change the website dates like a week earlier last year?

Also just an observation, they haven't changed www.paxsite.com to go to prime.paxsite.com it still goes to east.paxsite.com

If it's a DNS redirect it might just not have propagated yet.... Yea just speculating while I wait for 9am. ;)

Yeah but default TTL for a DNS change to propagate is 300 seconds which is 5 minutes...

Also not to put a damper on the excitement but last year, didn't they change the site like a week before tickets went on sale?

Boo. ;-) Going to continue to live in my little dream world where ticket go on sale in 10 minutes.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Yeah, those prices are solid. I'm sure there will still be complaints though.

Pax is the only instance I've run into where people complain that tickets are too cheap...

• Options
    robertrencerobertrence Registered User regular
    I've been watching too much Strip Search, I keep expecting the Official_PAX twitter account to start trolling us with what time the tickets will go on sale.

"PAX Prime attendees, you have ten minutes... to wonder about when the next post from this twitter account will be."

PAX Prime to do list: Tickets: [X] Hotel: [X] Flight: [X] HQ: [X] Nachos: [] Cookies: []
    PAX South to do list: Tickets: [X] Hotel: [X] Flight: [X] HQ: [X] BBQ: [] Cookies: []

brigadebanner2013.png
  • Options
    CodeMonkey76CodeMonkey76 Software Developer Orem, UTRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Yeah, those prices are solid. I'm sure there will still be complaints though.

Pax is the only instance I've run into where people complain that tickets are too cheap...
    It's on both ends of the spectrum. Those who say it's too expensive are typically people with very limited gaming budgets and want to participate in something as large as PAX. Those who say it's too cheap are elitist and want to feel special that they can afford something like PAX and don't want to be overcrowded by those poor people.

Truth is, it's priced fairly. It covers their costs while maximizing the # of people that can attend. People should just enjoy it.

• Options
    apocalypticashapocalypticash Seattle-ishRegistered User regular

I hope you're right about them changing the site a week or so before tickets go on sale. I'm broke until Friday. Though I have a backup plan for getting tickets, I will feel much better about it if I can get them myself. :/

• Options
    byakuenbyakuen Somewhere in SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Wasn't complaining about the price, was just surprised and have been budgeting for higher. Like somewhere in the range of $110 for the 4-day and $35 for daily.
    Also hoping for Friday as the true sale date. Really tight budget until than.

byakuen on
    ♥ Properly Pleased Participant of Past PAX PrimeWest: '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular

I hope you're right about them changing the site a week or so before tickets go on sale. I'm broke until Friday. Though I have a backup plan for getting tickets, I will feel much better about it if I can get them myself. :/

I read forum posts where people were saying that in previous years the tickets went on sale the same day the site began updating.

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    I saw a bunch of posts on page 10 about site updates and started freaking out. :c

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
This discussion has been closed.