Options

Mechwarrior Online: PGI is on a roll and May is gonna rock. CTD hotfix is out!

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Ok, I think I'm going to just Master my DDC. Maybe in a long time from now I'll invest in Highlanders, but the DDC is a standby so I should just invest in Elite for it.

I'll be buying the D and RS variants now.

Edit: Just ran into a HBk-4G without an AC20. he had only two large lasers. Looks like someone got fed up with losing their boombox too many times. Or forgot ammo?

The weapon shows up even if you forgot ammo; I don't think it gets "redded out" either, like when the UAC/5 jams. You're probably right they were just tired of losing the the side torso - or maybe they forgot to switch the gun back after borrowing it? Never done that, no sir...

Hunchback Rule 1: PROTECT THE HUNCH
    Hunchbacks only go to mecha-heaven if they die with their lunchbox intact.

Hell is so full of Hunchbacks.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Well I broke down and bought more MC, got myself 30 days prem time and a bunch of mech bays which I really needed.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    GokerzGokerz Registered User regular
    Nearly broke the 1k dmg barrier in my 6LL AWS 8Q.
    I really love this build.
    yI65Xls.jpg

causality.png
  • Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    Gokerz wrote: »
    Nearly broke the 1k dmg barrier in my 6LL AWS 8Q.
    I really love this build.
    yI65Xls.jpg
    So do you typically drop the engine to an XL or drop engine size to run that?

I guess my interest is academic since I'm unwilling to do either (it'd mean losing heat sinks), but it's good to know what other people are running with.

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Where do I sign up for the Church of Dakka?

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Nax wrote: »

FOLLOW ZE LAZERZ!!!!
    article-2231223-15F5DAEA000005DC-251_968x642.jpg
    I might be lying.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Bah Spectrum ruined our perfect no damage Alpine cap game :(

He just HAD to core out that heavily damaged catapult we ran past.

yvPpq8n.jpg

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    GokerzGokerz Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    @CycloneRanger neither.
    Facemelter [AWS-8Q]: 6xLLAS, 300STD, DHS, Endo
    Note, in roughly ~320k xp worth of games with that build I have died to loss of legs maybe once. That giant torso on the Awesome is too enticing, enemies can't take their eyes off it.
    Keeping the weaponless arm fully armored isn't worth it, because the torso peeks out so far it makes the arm basically useless as a Centurion style shield arm.

Gokerz on
    causality.png
  • Options

FOLLOW ZE LAZERZ!!!!
    I might be lying.

So much deceit... clearly lasers are not the pure path

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options

FOLLOW ZE LAZERZ!!!!
    I might be lying.

Rebuttal:
    60727797_1242582691.jpg

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I've gotten TRIANGLES twice tonight. That shit is super fucking annoying.

Before someone goes "drivers lol," I would prefer not to update the drivers because all the driver updates make my laptop video card start sucking every dick.

• Options
    Studies have shown lasers are roughly three times more fabulous than dakka.

• Options
    Completely scientific research shows that pilots who prefer dakka get 80% more action with the ladies

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

Before someone goes "drivers lol," I would prefer not to update the drivers because all the driver updates make my laptop video card start sucking every dick.

That's fine, but it does solve the issue you are having, at least with nvidia based graphics cards.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    So, let's see if this works. Over 1K in my Flame.
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884104767776732146/494E948139BFE09DA88B879D0F9B613306BD9C14/

Edit, okay, it kind of works. You have to click it, but still. Go me on that one. Nice counter to the match where I did about 100 damage.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    So, let's see if this works. Over 1K in my Flame.
    494E948139BFE09DA88B879D0F9B613306BD9C14

Edit, okay, it kind of works. You have to click it, but still. Go me on that one. Nice counter to the match where I did about 100 damage.

Just need to throw the image tags around it; there's a button for it (looks like a little picture icon).

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

That's fine, but it does solve the issue you are having, at least with nvidia based graphics cards.

And makes all games I have completely unplayable. So I'd still be fucked.

Maybe PGI can just fix their broken ass game.

• Options

Updating your drivers breaks all games for you? And you think it's PGI's problem?

Ok that is certainly one way to look at it.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

Maybe you can just get off outdated shit. idk, thats the point of updates to drivers, right, to fix broken shit? And the game is labeled "beta" for a reason.

Also, delete your shaders folders cause its cool.

BillGates on
    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    BillGates wrote: »

Maybe you can just get off outdated shit. idk, thats the point of updates to drivers, right, to fix broken shit? And the game is labeled "beta" for a reason.

I have a weird laptop video card in this computer, and every update Nvidia releases past the one its on just lags games to hell. (edit: I have been trying to figure this out since I bought the damn thing a year ago, and everything else I can find on the internet suggests that other people with this card also have this problem. It's something Nvidia cocks up).

Meanwhile, every other game I have runs fine, and MWO has rune fine up until this buggy, broken patch that's full of triangles, CTDs, hangs, and all sort of fun problems.

So, yeah, it is PGI's issue, because they're the ones who broke their game.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    I like big beams and I cannot lie;
    You Oosiks can't deny-
    When a Cent walks up with its itty-bitty waist
    And a bright green laser in yo' face
    You get scurred
    Wanna run back; rejoin the herd--
    Too many pulses on that nerd.
    Look at those lasers beamin';
    Those heatsinks--man they're steamin'!
    Oh baby; I wanna get cover;
    I'm dead; better try another
    'mech; there's no denying
    These beams send Jenners flying!
    I'm done with big-ass ACs;
    Tired of comin' up empty.
    Baby, my lasers never run dry;
    (Just don't get any in your eye).

• Options

I have a weird laptop video card in this computer, and every update Nvidia releases past the one its on just lags games to hell. (edit: I have been trying to figure this out since I bought the damn thing a year ago, and everything else I can find on the internet suggests that other people with this card also have this problem. It's something Nvidia cocks up).

Meanwhile, every other game I have runs fine, and MWO has rune fine up until this buggy, broken patch that's full of triangles, CTDs, hangs, and all sort of fun problems.

So, yeah, it is PGI's issue, because they're the ones who broke their game.

If you really dont want to update drivers, you can delete the shaders folder in the User folder in the MWO directory, that fixes alot of graphical issues because sometimes they get corrupted and the game forgets to clear them out. If that dosnt work, you can try a fresh re-install. Other then that, you can't really do anything else. What driver version are you running anyway?

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oh, oh! I remembered why PGI's "update the drivers!" thing bothers me. It's because Nvidia hasn't released new drivers since before this patch! Sooooo why would these issues suddenly appear if the last patch and this patch were released during the same driver cycle O_o

@BillGates I'll try that, thanks. This laptop has a 555M on 296.10, because every update since that one has more than halved my framerate universally and I'm already playing MWO on Low just to get playable framerate.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

FOLLOW ZE LAZERZ!!!!
    I might be lying.

Rebuttal:
    60727797_1242582691.jpg

counter-rebuttal:
    ./sigh, you can set your heartbeat to that rythem

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Here's how we settle this:

The Deathstar was a giant what?

Case closed.

• Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    I'm totally over that fuckawful sinus infection! Huzzah!

Now that I don't feel like I have a powerdrill being run through my face I can do things! Things like this!
    WIP:
    WalrusCockMark2_zps3944b72a.jpg

Yes, I realize he currently has a frowny face. I'm just working on getting a good shape and size for the eyes/nose first. After that will be the mouth redo. Finally will be a recolour that takes into account the new features along with the one colour version for everyone to make stickers/shirts/etc. with.

Feedback, as always, is appreciated.

I kind of went the other way. Instead of a walrus head with Atlas face, I made an Atlas head with walrus tusks.
    aqwsCn5.jpg

The Atlas looks more impassive than angry. Unfeeling.

Kaboodles_The_Assassin on
    sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

Case closed.

And was destroyed by not-lasers.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »

Case closed.

Yeah, It was destroyed by missiles. Not Dakka.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    Does this mean missiles are the one true god?

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    I'm totally over that fuckawful sinus infection! Huzzah!

Now that I don't feel like I have a powerdrill being run through my face I can do things! Things like this!
    WIP:
    WalrusCockMark2_zps3944b72a.jpg

Yes, I realize he currently has a frowny face. I'm just working on getting a good shape and size for the eyes/nose first. After that will be the mouth redo. Finally will be a recolour that takes into account the new features along with the one colour version for everyone to make stickers/shirts/etc. with.

Feedback, as always, is appreciated.

I kind of went the other way. Instead of a walrus head with Atlas face, I made an Atlas head with walrus tusks.
    aqwsCn5.jpg

The Atlas looks more impassive than angry. Unfeeling.
    I actually agree which is why I'm shaving the head down a bit right now so that it's a bit more Atlas-y. The picture I posted was very much just a WIP that was just looking for feedback on the eyes and nose and to just let everyone know I was working on it.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Does this mean missiles are the one true god?

No, friend, that's Based God.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

Case closed.

nerf protons

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    For people who don't know how awesome Rhonda is.

http://nogutsnogalaxy.net/ngng-hero-profiles-rhonda-snord/

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    OrickOrick Registered User regular

Case closed.

Failure? Hubris? Waste? Joke? Lame plot device for a fantasy dressed up as science fiction?

• Options
    edited April 2013

Case closed.

nerf protons
    LRMs Protons are fine, Luke was clearly just a hacking piece of shit who needs to be banned from the server. The video evidence clearly shows that he was using some sort of script that no one else had access to.

A quick WIP update:
    MARK2WIP2_zpsd7f66a73.jpg
    The colouring is absurdly fucked up because I haven't done any work on it yet so try and just tune that out. I'll be completely repainting the face so that it takes into account the facial features.

And here's a one colour vinyl sticker version:
    MARK2WIP2OneColour_zps6343ba21.jpg
    It's definitely a massive improvement over the Mark 1 Cat Asshole version.

Looking at it as a one colour vinyl sticker makes me realize the nose is too wide. The crossbone section needs to be moved upwards to accommodate the shrunken mouth size which will also involve chopping a chunk out of the tusks.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I think the frowny thing looks kinda silly. What does it look like without the frown and just with the skull? And the teeth look kinda weird.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    OrickOrick Registered User regular

Go to river city, at the altar to st. Bender, our patron saint. You must make a ritual sacrifice of a laser boat or missile boat, preferably a splatcat or a laser back that you have personally killed. Then you have to bring dakka to every match you pay with the oosiks. what you do on you own time is none of our concern.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I think the frowny thing looks kinda silly. What does it look like without the frown and just with the skull? And the teeth look kinda weird.

Ignore the colour. That's all from the original design which is causing the retarded frowny face. If you overlay the WIP over the original you'll see what I mean. I will be completely repainting things so that it doesn't have that. The teeth are also just the first pass rough draft that I based off the in game Atlas face. I generally go through a ton of iterations and the first one always looks like total balls. I put a one colour version in that post for comparison.
    1344013124_mechwarrior-online-atlas.jpg
    EDIT: I think the mouth's problem is that it's just a bit too wide and the spaces should be narrower. The eye spacing also need to be widened up a smidge.

EDIT EDIT: Tee hee, I just realized that the coloured version looks like a sad balding guy trying to grow an afro. :3

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    What's the verdict on the AWS-8V? Shit's cheap right now.

MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular

just follow the sound of dakka in your heart for true enlightenment.

kx3klFE.png
This discussion has been closed.