Options

Mechwarrior Online: PGI is on a roll and May is gonna rock. CTD hotfix is out!

19394959698

Posts

  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    @BillGates I understand where you're coming from, even If I don't agree with all of it, but half the hostility here is because you waited two days just to say "I told you so" which is not something people I like to talk to do.

    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Bill, all I can figure is you want the MC versions to be worse or identical to any other variant. Which absolutely defeats the point of having these mechs. It's all about trade offs. It gets a ballistic slot, so it loses a lot of the signature missile hard points and thus is a little limited. So they let it be a little more maneuverable to make up for it.

  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    @BillGates I understand where you're coming from, even If I don't agree with all of it, but half the hostility here is because you waited two days just to say "I told you so" which is not something people I like to talk to do.

    He was going to say it no matter what as soon as the Misery's specs were known. His whole case for why it was game-breaking before was the hardpoints, now it has worse hardpoints than everyone expected, so he's latched onto the acceleration/turn bonus thing which nobody could know ahead of time and says "I told you so."

  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    @BillGates I understand where you're coming from, even If I don't agree with all of it, but half the hostility here is because you waited two days just to say "I told you so" which is not something people I like to talk to do.

    After being called a goose repeatedly because I have a different viewpoints and thats the worst you can call someone on here, my hostility is pretty warranted. I simply stopped arguing because Tog assumed i was throwing the "i'm better then you card", which I was not, and didn't intend to imply I did.

    The fact the majority of them disagree with me does not change my stance, and regardless of how little or large they feel of a advantage it is does not the change the fact it is one, a unique one that offers no repercussions for getting it. UNLIKE the C-Bill counterparts variants which do receive a repercussion.

    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    @BillGates I understand where you're coming from, even If I don't agree with all of it, but half the hostility here is because you waited two days just to say "I told you so" which is not something people I like to talk to do.

    After being called a goose repeatedly because I have a different viewpoints

    That isn't why people are calling you a goose. I am not sure whether it would make you more of a goose if you really didn't realize it or if you did and just pretended not to.

  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    @BillGates I understand where you're coming from, even If I don't agree with all of it, but half the hostility here is because you waited two days just to say "I told you so" which is not something people I like to talk to do.

    He was going to say it no matter what as soon as the Misery's specs were known. His whole case for why it was game-breaking before was the hardpoints, now it has worse hardpoints than everyone expected, so he's latched onto the acceleration/turn bonus thing which nobody could know ahead of time and says "I told you so."

    It was to to be expected as all Hero mechs having something unique about them, I thought the selling point would be the hardpoint, and the paint job.

    And no I wasn't. I said it specifically for the acceleration changes. Something that was NOT done before on Hero mechs.

    So why don't you let me think for myself, instead of assuming.

    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Bill, I'm legitimately curious as to why you think the Misery has a good hard point setup.

  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    BillGates wrote: »
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    @BillGates I understand where you're coming from, even If I don't agree with all of it, but half the hostility here is because you waited two days just to say "I told you so" which is not something people I like to talk to do.

    After being called a goose repeatedly because I have a different viewpoints

    That isn't why people are calling you a goose. I am not sure whether it would make you more of a goose if you really didn't realize it or if you did and just pretended not to.

    Goodjob cutting off the rest of the reason. You're just trying to make me the bad guy, aren't you now?

    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    You managed that yourself a long time ago, dude.

    3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Bill, I'm legitimately curious as to why you think the Misery has a good hard point setup.

    You could mount some crazy alpha on that thing. Hell just 4 LLAS Gauss or AC 20 to start off with is pretty good. You don't even need to use that launcher spot and still have a pretty freaking good build.

    BillGates on
    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Yeah, I do want to say, I don't think you are acting like a goose for thinking that there is a slippery slope involved with a possible superior product, because I totally understand that fear (even if I don't think we're there with this announcement).

    That was for something very different, and you dropped it, so I do appreciate that.

    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    4 LLAS on a Stalker! Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife!

  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Bill, I'm legitimately curious as to why you think the Misery has a good hard point setup.

    You could mount some crazy alpha on that thing. Hell just 4 LLAS Gauss or AC 20 to start off with is pretty good. You don't even need to use that launcher spot and still have a pretty freaking good build.

    Atlas-RS. Which has arm actuators. Which means it can seriously outmaneuver a Misery.

  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Bill, I'm legitimately curious as to why you think the Misery has a good hard point setup.

    You could mount some crazy alpha on that thing. Hell just 4 LLAS Gauss or AC 20 to start off with is pretty good. You don't even need to use that launcher spot and still have a pretty freaking good build.

    Considering that you can do 3xLLAS Gauss or 3xLLAS AC/20 on a K2 already, and put an XL300 to go 80 kph in that one too....yeah I'm gonna file this one under "not game breaking."

    Also Highlanders can do that too. And Atlases. And Cataphracts.

  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    You managed that yourself a long time ago, dude.

    Sorry that I bring up controversial topics, honestly I don't mean harm upon any of you or think any of you are dumb or anything like that. The fact is I'm a extremely competitive player and I view all games I play in a very competitive way.

    But to call my intelligence into play does nothing but show your own.

    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    Is the mechlab updated to the correct hardpoints yet? I don't own the Misery.

    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    4 LLAS on a Stalker! Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife!

    Your sarcasm is wasting my time. If you have nothing constructive to say or anything even logical, for that matter, then I'm done talking to you.

    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Bill, I'm legitimately curious as to why you think the Misery has a good hard point setup.

    You could mount some crazy alpha on that thing. Hell just 4 LLAS Gauss or AC 20 to start off with is pretty good. You don't even need to use that launcher spot and still have a pretty freaking good build.

    Which is where we are back to the point of even with the quirks bonuses it gets, it's a slower, less heat efficient, less armored and less maneuverable RS.

    The problem isn't inherent in the fact that it has bonuses. It's the fact that even with those bonuses, it's not even the best mech for the Job you want it to do.

  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    Is the mechlab updated to the correct hardpoints yet? I don't own the Misery.

    Should be. STK-M. If you don't see it, do a hard refresh (ctrl+f5).

  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    I have yet to mess with builds with it yet, if it's hardpoints are really as bad as you are all describing, and it truly is inferior to other mechs in it's weight, then the quriks it has will be balanced by its hardpoints.

    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    4 LLAS on a Stalker! Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife!

    Your sarcasm is wasting my time.

    That's cool, you're wasting everyone else's. We can't say we weren't warned though.
    If you have nothing constructive to say or anything even logical, for that matter, then I'm done talking to you.

    That's cool, I can still entertain myself making sarcastic peanut gallery responses to your posts, since it became clear a while ago that you're impervious to constructive or logical ones.

  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    TOG was right. he should have started a new thread because of patch shitstorms.

    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    BillGates wrote: »
    Is the mechlab updated to the correct hardpoints yet? I don't own the Misery.

    Should be. STK-M. If you don't see it, do a hard refresh (ctrl+f5).

    The mechlab button on theoosiks homepage is missing.

    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    BillGates wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    4 LLAS on a Stalker! Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife!

    Your sarcasm is wasting my time. If you have nothing constructive to say or anything even logical, for that matter, then I'm done talking to you.

    Oh wow, that's rich.

    TheCanMan on
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Gaslight wrote: »
    BillGates wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    4 LLAS on a Stalker! Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife!

    Your sarcasm is wasting my time.

    That's cool, you're wasting everyone else's. We can't say we weren't warned though.
    If you have nothing constructive to say or anything even logical, for that matter, then I'm done talking to you.

    That's cool, I can still entertain myself making sarcastic peanut gallery responses to your posts, since it became clear a while ago that you're impervious to constructive or logical ones.

    There is literally nothing wrong with debating something, just because the majority of you feel one way about something doesn't mean it's absolute, or correct. That's what this is, a forum, for debate, and discussion.

    It's a serious topic that can damage the game. It's not as if we are complaining about something plainly obvious, such as SPLAS being useless. There are people who feel it's borderline P2W. Maybe not here on these forums. But in other forums people that play this game debate this.

    Edit - I'm really serious if you don't want to debate serious things anymore I won't. We can just talk about normal things like "Great score!" Or "man whats your build?".

    BillGates on
    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    If the thread makes enough headway in the next few minutes, I'll make a new thread.

  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »
    BillGates wrote: »
    Is the mechlab updated to the correct hardpoints yet? I don't own the Misery.

    Should be. STK-M. If you don't see it, do a hard refresh (ctrl+f5).

    The mechlab button on theoosiks homepage is missing.

    http://theoosiks.com/mechlab/

    Sorry I've been fucking with it in prep of the Outreach one going live, to send everyone there so all the links will work out nicer. Was literally recreating it when you posted that. There should be a temporary link in the menu now.

  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Quick and Dirty but I'll probably be running something like this:

    Hope [STK-M]: 3xLLAS, AC/20, 300STD, DHS, Endo

    Haven't decided if I should try and fit some sort of missiles in there or not.

    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    This build here looks promising. Though you could really dump the SRM and some armor and you can fit another LLAS on if you want.

    Test [STK-M]: 4xLLAS, Gauss, SRM4, 300STD, DHS, Endo

    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    BillGates wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    4 LLAS on a Stalker! Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife!

    Your sarcasm is wasting my time.

    That's cool, you're wasting everyone else's. We can't say we weren't warned though.
    If you have nothing constructive to say or anything even logical, for that matter, then I'm done talking to you.

    That's cool, I can still entertain myself making sarcastic peanut gallery responses to your posts, since it became clear a while ago that you're impervious to constructive or logical ones.

    There is literally nothing wrong with debating something, just because the majority of you feel one way about something doesn't mean it's absolute, or correct. That's what this is, a forum, for debate, and discussion.

    It's a serious topic that can damage the game. It's not as if we are complaining about something plainly obvious, such as SPLAS being useless. There are people who feel it's borderline P2W. Maybe not here on these forums. But in other forums people that play this game debate this.

    Edit - I'm really serious if you don't want to debate serious things anymore I won't. We can just talk about normal things like "Great score!" Or "man whats your build?".

    There are also forums where they debate climate change or whether or not the Earth is 3000 years old. Sometimes, when you're vastly outnumbered on a given topic, it's because you know something nobody else does. Sometimes it's because you're wrong.

  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Hmm, Item stat differences:

    STK-M and JR7-FC in the list.
    Air strike and strategic strike secondary effect removed (graphic change?).
    UAV module radius1, radius2, and height increased.
    Some cockpit items added.

    No weapon stat changes at all.

    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    BillGates wrote: »
    This build here looks promising. Though you could really dump the SRM and some armor and you can fit another LLAS on if you want.

    Test [STK-M]: 4xLLAS, Gauss, SRM4, 300STD, DHS, Endo

    4LLAS and SRM4 or potentially 5 LLAS without any additional heatsinks beyond the base 10 is a bit ill advised. The Gauss doesn't have much heat to be sure but that's a lot of heat from those lasers :(

    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    This build here looks promising. Though you could really dump the SRM and some armor and you can fit another LLAS on if you want.

    Test [STK-M]: 4xLLAS, Gauss, SRM4, 300STD, DHS, Endo

    You're also only running 10 DHS on that build. 4 LL's will Overheat you in roughly two Alphas with that few. For comparison, the Quad LL Catapult runs 19.

  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    This build here looks promising. Though you could really dump the SRM and some armor and you can fit another LLAS on if you want.

    Test [STK-M]: 4xLLAS, Gauss, SRM4, 300STD, DHS, Endo

    4LLAS and SRM4 or potentially 5 LLAS without any additional heatsinks beyond the base 10 is a bit ill advised. The Gauss doesn't have much heat to be sure but that's a lot of heat from those lasers :(

    The heat sinks didn't stick, yeah you should drop the SRM and ammo for 2 DHS.

    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    4-5 LLAS with only 10 DHS is a joke. Even if you get up to 13DHS by dropping the SRM4 and ammo it's probably too hot to be worth it.

  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    BillGates wrote: »
    This build here looks promising. Though you could really dump the SRM and some armor and you can fit another LLAS on if you want.

    Test [STK-M]: 4xLLAS, Gauss, SRM4, 300STD, DHS, Endo

    4LLAS and SRM4 or potentially 5 LLAS without any additional heatsinks beyond the base 10 is a bit ill advised. The Gauss doesn't have much heat to be sure but that's a lot of heat from those lasers :(

    The heat sinks didn't stick, yeah you should drop the SRM and ammo for 2 DHS.

    I wouldn't feel comfortable running 4LL with anything less than 16-17 DHS personally, but hey if it works for ya go for it.

    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Endless [STK-M]: 4xMLAS, AC/20, LLAS, 300STD, DHS

    I think this is going to be what we see as the penultimate Misery. Which is really good, but nothing completely earth shattering. Still going to have heat issues, but the survivability should be all right.

  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    If you run them in 3 groups, it will be okay. The Gauss is really heavy and makes it hard.

    You could try something lighter such as AC 10 like this

    Test [STK-M]: 4xLLAS, AC/10, 300STD, DHS, Endo

    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Endless [STK-M]: 4xMLAS, AC/20, LLAS, 300STD, DHS

    I think this is going to be what we see as the penultimate Misery. Which is really good, but nothing completely earth shattering. Still going to have heat issues, but the survivability should be all right.

    My problem with that is that even with a 300 you're going to have a long, slow, plod into firing range. Dedicated close range brawler assaults are in a tough spot in the meta right now. You would need to function almost entirely as an ambush predator, which is going to be tougher once BAP changes reduce the occurrence of "Round a corner/crest a hill, there's five 'mechs here hidden by ECM, fuck you."

    Gaslight on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    If you run them in 3 groups, it will be okay. The Gauss is really heavy and makes it hard.

    You could try something lighter such as AC 10 like this

    Test [STK-M]: 4xLLAS, AC/10, 300STD, DHS, Endo

    Pft F that man, drop the extra LLAS and throw an AC20 in that bad boy. Then you'll be talkin' my language ;)

    3LLAS for range and a big old FUCK YOU AC20 sub 500m.

    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.