Bioshock Infinite Stuttering

Since the Bioshock Infinite thread is so full of spoilers I thought it might be better to start a thread over here. I've ran the benchmark tool on High and I average 60 fps across all scenarios but I just can't seem to get rid of this stuttering at any preset setting. It's so bad that I've playing with a pad instead of using m+kb.

Here are my specs:

Core i3 530 @ 2.93ghz
4GB RAM
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
Radeon HD 6700 1GB GDDR5

Is my PC finally too old? I've been able to run Dead Space 2-3, Skyrim, Sonic Generations and Alan Wake with no problems whatsoever at 1360x768 (my TV's native resolution) but I just keep having these issues with Bioshock.

Thanks for the help!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Are you getting stutters when turning quickly? I have the same thing, I think it's actually based on hard drive speed. Trying to bring up a ton of assets very fast. Or maybe RAM speed. But I bet because of needing to be programmed for consoles it doesn't cache as much to RAM as it could.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    There is some sort of bug where it's not loading everything. My FPS is pegged at 60 but occasionally drops down for a half second when turning.

• Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    There is a fix for this IIRC. I tried searching for it but I cannot find it. I have a fairly beefy rig and unless loading an entire new section of town, or in a massive fight, my framerate is amazingly high- yet there are rough patches for no reason. It's got something to do with how the game uses VRAM or something like that. There's a text edit fix allegedly.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah, I ended up doing that VRAM fix too. There are still some rough patches but I can run the game on high with my humble rig. I'll try looking for it later and posting it here.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg