Options

Locked because of Katchem_ashe

1235»

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Your perception of my diction as being designed to gain your approval suggests a great deal of vanity. I don't really care if you like my terminology. You will find that I use explicit nouns instead of pronouns in all cases where the use of pronouns may lead to confusion. For instance, in a paragraph wherein I refer to the Japanese and the Wapanese, the word 'they' might not be understood to refer to the correct group. In summary, LOL.

Stay tuned for more When Wapanese Attack, next on DnD.
    Why are you using thesaurus-jitsu, and what's up with your name? If you're going to mess with vocabulary, why not make it entertaining, like a couple of puns and alliteration? Post needs substance, and when your intent is clearer than your writing style, it's time to change wagons.

I don't think you care, but if you need a reason why people prefer weaboo, it's because it's grounded in a good webcomic, while wapanese sounds like morse code with a wet towel. I'm sorry, but in order for a phrase to catch it has to be catchy.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    StephenB.2006StephenB.2006 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Paladin, myself and my circle of friends settled many moons ago on the term wapanese (before the advent of weaboo), though weaboo and animoo are beginning to work their way into our usage. It's not a conversion or even an insistence thing, it's just that in my vocabulary, the word for an annoying, delusional, pockey munching anime fanboy is wapanese. I'm really surprised that anyone chose to make an issue of it all. It's rather inconsequential to me. As for thesaurus-fu, yeah, sorry. I get that a lot when I stay up too late. I just start using larger words for some reason. If I'm up too much later than my bedtime, I start discussing midgets and goats that climb trees. I suspect video games are to blame for my neurosis.

StephenB.2006 on
    An object at rest cannot be stopped!
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    dude, go to bed. It can only go south from here. Seriously, if I can call myself the expert of one thing, it's that.

Well I've got no argument here. People can say whatever they want; it doesn't matter on the internet. I'd rather tip my hat to PBF if it's all the same to anyone. There is probably still a debate about if we really should draw the line between annoying pokey whatever fanboys and non-all that anime fanboys/girls whatever but this doesn't concern you so go to bed and don't wreck your life. But whatever. I know back in the day I could have used that being told to me. Go to bed, I mean. Bedtime. Brush your teeth. Stay in school. Pity the fool

Paladin on
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    StephenB.2006StephenB.2006 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I need to turn in before I screw up my day tomorrow. Have a good one, Pal.

StephenB.2006 on
    An object at rest cannot be stopped!
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yeah. Of all the little things in life, a good sleep schedule is most important in ensuring you don't gas yourself in a car.

Paladin on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    d_b wrote: »
    Cantide wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I do want to get a little more good Jpop. Who should I be listening to? I like happy stuff, but I also like stuff like eyes on me (I know nothing about Jpop, so most of my examples come from video games)

The Pillows are pure love in audio form.
    Man the Pillows are great, and their engrish is exceptional. "Thunder Whales Picnic"? "Biscuit Hammer"? Sign me up.

Freebee Honey is probably my favorite song by them

America hates melody. And happy things.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    n1t0n1t0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I was in Japan for a year. All sorts of awesome but when I came back and met the japan crazy kids i just wanted to shoot them.

n1t0 on
    n1t0.gif
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Treeloot wrote: »
    The Japanophiles that really bug me are the ones who will only listen to J-pop, J-rock, game music, or something that came from an anime series. There's good music from all of these genres, but it drives me up the god damn wall when people won't listen to anything else.

Most of my music is from the above, but thats just because that sort of music is the kind I'm most often exposed to. I pick up the occasional normal movie soundtrack (road to perdition and a couple others I can't remember as I havn't slept yet) but that's really it. And I'm not even a serious weeaboo (I can count the number of animes I've watched that didn't air on cartoon network before I saw them on 1 hand and I never read mangas).

I think the real problem is that wading through the normal channels of finding good music leads to fail. Can't really stand radio, damn sure can't stand surfing myspace profiles, internet radio is pretty bleh too and besides, I'll be damned before I support those RIAA fuckers.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Arkady wrote: »
    Treeloot wrote: »
    The Japanophiles that really bug me are the ones who will only listen to J-pop, J-rock, game music, or something that came from an anime series. There's good music from all of these genres, but it drives me up the god damn wall when people won't listen to anything else.

I think the real problem is that wading through the normal channels of finding good music leads to fail. Can't really stand radio, damn sure can't stand surfing myspace profiles, internet radio is pretty bleh too and besides, I'll be damned before I support those RIAA fuckers.

Listen. To. More. Ninja. Tune.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    SynonymousSynonymous Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    perception diction terminology

If you want to intimidate through vocabulary, try not to choose words we all learned by the fifth grade.

BTW, all these Japanese-war-atrocity apologist Nipponophiles you know - did you meet them at the same place you found the 10,000 feminists who spit in the faces of men who hold doors open you mentioned in the Feminism thread?

Synonymous on
  • Options
    chitowncowboychitowncowboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Synonymous wrote: »
    perception diction terminology

If you want to intimidate through vocabulary, try not to choose words we all learned by the fifth grade.

BTW, all these Japanese-war-atrocity apologist Nipponophiles you know - did you meet them at the same place you found the 10,000 feminists who spit in the faces of men who hold doors open you mentioned in the Feminism thread?

What? I never heard of that. So if some lady says "its proper manners to hold the door open for a lady", I could just go "fuck you grandma, you could be a spitter"?

Awesome.

chitowncowboy on
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Paladin wrote: »
    I don't think you care, but if you need a reason why people prefer weaboo, it's because it's grounded in a good webcomic, while wapanese sounds like morse code with a wet towel. I'm sorry, but in order for a phrase to catch it has to be catchy.

Actually, using "weeaboo" as a replacement for "wapanese" comes from /b/. PBF invented the word, but didn't define any meaning or popularize it.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    jmillikin wrote: »
    Paladin wrote: »

Actually, using "weeaboo" as a replacement for "wapanese" comes from /b/. PBF invented the word, but didn't define any meaning or popularize it.

Nothing from /b/ should be used in real life. Ever. No exceptions.

Furu on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Who is Katchem_Ash?

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Who is Katchem_Ash?

There are competing theories. One theory which has been temporarily substantiated by the prophet Manifest is that Katchem_Ash is actually an alternate account controlled by fellow moderator Knob. However counter-theories seem to indicate that Manifest is full of shit. One further theory is that Manifest's public revelation of "Knob = Katchem_Ash" and near-immediate announcement that we are "all too gullible" was nothing more than a carefully-planned ruse to discredit the original theory which existed before Manifest's thread.

The other popular theory is that Katchem_Ash is a 20+ year old social reject that wants to paper the world with Sakura stickers.

The former is more interesting, the latter more plausible.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Who is Katchem_Ash?

A stereotypical weaboo.

Invisible on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Actually I meant like...why does everyone talk about him and what hilarious posts has he made that we all laugh at?

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    PillsAreNicePillsAreNice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm sure he'll introduce himself, and his anime dolls.

PillsAreNice on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    See my game reviews at: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=strangegamer
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Actually I meant like...why does everyone talk about him and what hilarious posts has he made that we all laugh at?

Anime Figure Collection

Anime Figure Thread 2

The Deus Brigade- The Chibi IG Army

Oh, there's also this gem of a post:
    Well I presonally don't like live action things because there something you can't do in live actions. Tentacles for one and summoning demons that rape for second.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Holy shit, he's another ege02!

1174547099394aq5.jpg

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Morskittar wrote: »
    If only Rome had lasted another thousand years and made it all the way East.

On the one hand you just summed up my thoughts so exactly, on the other hand you're a filthy Skaven...dichotomous feelings.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    jmillikin wrote: »
    Holy shit, he's another ege02!

1174547099394xf2.jpg

Well, ege02's problem was that he didn't KNOW rape hurt women. Katchem_ash is just pointing out that there are no demons that can summon tentacle beasts to rape women with. He's uhh...right?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2007
    This thread is more trouble than it's worth. I don't think it's even possible to have a discussion on this topic that won't devolve into a Katchem bash-fest.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.