As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PbP] INTO THE ODD - Horrific, Rules-Lite D&D

15678911»

• SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    Kairon's axe barely manages to make an impact on the beast, which narrowly avoids Hansel's shot.

In the tunnel, you see the dead beast slowly dragged away by its killer.

Finding itself outnumbered, the remaining beast in the room with you makes a break for the same tunnel, wriggling towards the darkness.
    You can have another round of attacks against the creature before it gets away, or more if you want to chase it down. However, the tunnel is only wide enough for one person to get in and attack it if you do.

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Tiris aims his pistol at the fleeing beast, hoping the swift hit on the last one dislodged the barrel, without luck. He instead just chucks the pistol at the fleeing creature in frustration.
    Geth roll 1d6 Pistol Damage

Pistol Damage:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

am0n on
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Kairon takes another swing at the beast when it turns its back on him to flee.
    Geth roll 1d6 for Hatchet

Hatchet:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
    Out of town today, will post tomorrow.

The creature manages to avoid any serious damage from your attacks, as it flees back into the darkness of the tunnels.

You can make out their grunting and barking in the distance, but other than that you're left with enough safety to patch up any scratches.
    Short Rest, all HP recovered.

Over to you guys. As a reminder, the tunnel to the West leads back the way you came, where the creatures came from and have fled back to. The tunnel to the East leads to the unknown and has a smell of burnt, sweet fruit.

• BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    Wincing and coughing, Cenk drinks from his canteen and leans gingerly against the wall. A few deep breaths later, he's tender but ready to proceed. "Well. What do you say?" he asks, pointing his bow toward the east.
    So, HP is restored, but my strength is reduced until I take a serious break, like a week in town or similar?

"I'm not sure it makes sense to get stuck in that tunnel if those things are still in there, so East is the only thing that makes sense to me."

Bhow wrote: »
    So, HP is restored, but my strength is reduced until I take a serious break, like a week in town or similar?
    Exactly.

Not hearing any complaints, Tiris begins to make his way down the East tunnel.

Good news. I've got a new job.

Bad news. My hours are going to be crazy for a little while, so I'm really going to struggle to keep this going. Hope you guys don't mind if we stick a fork in this.

Thanks for playing, hope you had some fun.

Congrats on the new job! Was fun, thanks for hosting.

• BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    I'd say a new job is more important than our little game. Best of luck, and thanks for the fun.