As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play FFVII: Crwth, You're Not Really Good At People Skills

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    so rad

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Is a Mako cannon anything like a bass cannon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3cE9iXIx9c

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    FF8 card game was amazing but i still shudder in my soul whenever i think of

SAME PLUS RANDOM

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    You know what would be funny?

A fan mod for FFX replacing Tidus' voice with someone awesome (or a very good impression)

Just imagine hearing Keith David for 100 hours of grinding

But we'd probably just get Stephen Blum

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    The most hilarious thing about Blitzball is that the player with the highest Shoot stat at max level is Keepa. The default goalkeeper for the Aurochs, who is almost immediately replaced with Nimrook because he's broken as fuck.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

A fan mod for FFX replacing Tidus' voice with someone awesome (or a very good impression)

Jonathan Frakes would be an interesting choice.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Man, a Keith David re-voicing of Tidus would certainly make me play that game again.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    So is the general consensus that FFX is still considered a worthwhile game?

I missed the boat on FFX so I am thinking of picking up the HD version when it drops. Also is FFX-2 a worthy successor?

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Crispin Freeman could do the job, but his voice might just make Tidus sound like a mature adult.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Give me a fan patch to make his outfit less stupid too.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Now with 100% more zippers and velcro.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »

I missed the boat on FFX so I am thinking of picking up the HD version when it drops. Also is FFX-2 a worthy successor?

FFX is my favorite of all.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    FFX was pretty cool, yeah.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Barf.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    FFX-2 is alright if you look past all the cheesy, girl-power bullshit, which is like 95% of the game

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Y

R

P

In position.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    man

the cheesy girl-power stuff is why i like FFX-2

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    The only things I can really remember from that game are Real Emotion and 1000 Words.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »

it's actually one of the more polarizing ones

some people really like it, some people really don't

I am in the first category though I recognize that it's got some problems

ultimately I think it's pretty fun

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    FFX is the light. I've been wanting to maybe replay it again some time? But I had something like 364 hours logged so I think I'm good

still haven't found an RPG that has sucked me in even a quarter as much

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    FFX replay sounds pretty appealing.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    FFX replay sounds pretty appealing.

I'm waiting on the HD update.

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Yeah it's something that is going to make me seriously consider buying a PS3. I never did actually work towards maxing out my stats...

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Oh geez that's happening? I might be able to justify the cost of a PS3 now.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Or a Vita, it's coming to that as well. FFX-2 too!

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I never finished FFX. I finally managed to beat Yunalesca, saw that they wanted me to fight Sin next, and was all "FUUUCK THAAAAT".
    And then my brother deleted my save file.

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I loved X-2's combat system, the story was cheesy enough, but I was okay with it. The part that actually pushed me out of X-2 was the non-linearity. I knew that in order to 100% the game I would have to travel the entire world 2 or 3 times over per chapter, and I'm to much of a perfectionist to just let it go. Thus I forced myself into abandonment.

Seriously, though. That combat system was amazing. Timing those attacks to keep enemies flinching long enough to stop them from attacking was so fun.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    I never finished FFX. I finally managed to beat Yunalesca, saw that they wanted me to fight Sin next, and was all "FUUUCK THAAAAT".
    And then my brother deleted my save file.

I had the same thing happen to me, minus what happened to your save. I still count it as beaten because I watched a friend beat it on his game and thus saw the end bits.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    FFX-2 was a tad too campy for my tastes, but the combat system was fun as hell.

Also, the badguy kinda confused me at first.
    First, I thought it was Tidus. Then I thought it was the person Tidus was based on in the Sin dream. Then I thought it was Wakka's brother, since he was supposed to look a lot like Tidus. Then it ended up being someone else entirely.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    FFX was really cool

blitzball was great, aeons were great

the story was an interesting departure from standard FF tropes

• Options
    the voice acting was pretty shit tho

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    I've finally got my Knights of the Round taken care of. Cloud is sitting around level 72 and everyone else is about level 64 +-4 levels.

Thank god I had some levels as I went into the final dungeon to get the last really awesome materias. When we got to the fork in the road, I told everyone that wasn't in my party to go right, and the 3 of us will go left.

Well, after we go left there is another fork, and I sent Cid alone in the Bottom path, while Me and Yuffie handle'd the Top path to ourselves.

This wouldn't have been so bad, except when you get to the bottom, everyone stays split up. And the party can't reform until you leave the dungeon entirely. So I had to travel all the way back up with just the two of us.

Does anyone have a list of any materia you can get from Chocobo Racing? I want to make sure I get them all before I move on.

I have Sneak Attack and Enemy Avoid. I swear Final Attack is in there somewhere but I haven't seen it.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Also, the badguy kinda confused me at first.
    First, I thought it was Tidus. Then I thought it was the person Tidus was based on in the Sin dream. Then I thought it was Wakka's brother, since he was supposed to look a lot like Tidus. Then it ended up being someone else entirely.

No no, you had it right the second time.
    Tidus is the 'dream version' of Shuyin. The guy you fight in X-2 is Shuyin's angry ghost.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    well, looks like I'm going to have to buy X-2 and actually play it further than when I borrowed it from my friend.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    scratch that, looks like I already have it.

now I just need time and gumption

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    blitzball and obsessively remaking the sphere grid with clear spheres

and that fucking chocobo thing with the birds/balloons

and lightning plains

you took the good with the bad

• Options
    travel along well established, beautiful tropical beaches lush with edible flaura and fauna or through the incredibly deadly lightning plains, where lightning literally strikes you every other second

And people wonder why Spira was in perpetual decline.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I try to picture the work crews who built those lightning rod safe points

"Hey, can you toss the wrench over h-"

BZZAAAP

"Well, shit. It's just you and me left, Bob."

"Looks that way. We only managed to get a rod installed every 2 or 3 hundred feet so far. That's... that's good enough, right? I mean, making this entire place safe woul-"

KRAKOWWWWWW

"Welp, I did a pretty good job on these here Lightning Plains. Time to pack it in and open it for public travel."

• Options
    "Good thing we installed that video camera and remote-locked treasure chest to keep track of how many times people can dodge a bolt of lightning in a row. That's sure to drive tourism our way."