As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kind of need some input

BakuBaku Registered User new member
Hi friends (fellow artists) I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a decent site for brushes (specifically lineart brushes are more favorable for now but coloring brushes and other stuff is greatly appreciated.)

Also i'm kind of new to comics (as I've only made two so far...) so I would appreciate if I could get some input on one of them

so yeah I greatly appreciate any help or input

625549_559028520794959_147652086_n.jpg

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Lineart brushes as in what kind of lineart? Really I just use a hard round brush with pressure sensitivity on, looks like yours is off?

• Options
    BakuBaku Registered User new member
    Like crayon effects and such (I should probably edit that part out because I just started playing with brush settings...)

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Most effects you are thinking of can be done with simple hard or soft round brushes by messing with the jitter, shape dynamics, textures, etc. There are some good links to brushes buried in the Questions and Tutorials thread for some alternative things you might need, like grunge and splash brushes.

You should probably save using a higher quality JPEG or PNG rather than what you have here. Your comic is big enough and saved at low enough quality for color degredation in places.

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    squidbunny wrote: »
    Please please please hand letter or get a decent lettering font from Blambot or something; I can't even objectively evaluate the comic because all I can see is that font.

Also, yes. Vary your line width.

Stay away from hyper-saturated colors, especially in your backgrounds -- they pull the eye immediately away from your characters. In those first few panels I cannot stop looking at those books (which escape the borders in panel 2, sloppily and inexplicably).

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    spawnoftheEDspawnoftheED Multimedia Designer New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Are you using a wacom or anything like that for your lines or just a mouse?
    That would give you better lines with being able to get the strokes and such.
    I'd also work in a large resolution, between 300 and 600 dpi.

Not a bad start though.