As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[4e] WLD, Region A. Kobold ambush!

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Stands for Community Supported Agriculture.

You buy a 'share' of a farm's output. Or in some cases, the output of a cooperative of several farms. But you basically commit to taking X 'units' of produce from them on a weekly basis, either seasonally or year-round.

The details vary by operation. For the one my wife signed us up for, the participating farms are in Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. It's basically bringing the farmer's market to you. Some programs don't let you choose what you get. Ours does, which is nice - but I've since learned that feature isn't common.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Kale chips are awesome.
    ...the participating farms are in Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
    Any chance it's Lancaster Farms? That's the group we get veggies, cow, and pig from.

Does this sheet look right to everyone? Did I miss anybody?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure that's everyone. @riven5, I suggest looking at Blackguard or a not too Defender-oriented Paladin.

• Options
    It's called... Hometown Harvest (they just changed their name from South Mountain Veggies). I checked their FAQ just now trying to remember exactly what CSA stands for, and they technically aren't one after all, probably because they go beyond just the local farms for the off-season. Like, I think we get hydroponic lettuce from Massachusetts in the winter, strawberries from Florida, things like that.

They've just started doing pasture-raised eggs, which we're going to try. Apparently they're way healthy. I guess the bugs the chickens eat while they're out to pasture are a great source of omega-3s and whatnot. But sadly, we aren't home to receive the delivery, so we can't try any of the organic meat they offer.

But we've gotten fresh muffins, artisan breads, all sorts of stuff from them. Honeycrisp apple cider in the late fall/early winter (heat that up with a little spiced rum... so good).

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    I have a co-worker who bought a farm and started raising her own animals. One thing she mentioned with fresh eggs is that you don't need to refrigerate them as long as you don't wash them. There is something on the outside of the shell that prevents them from being porous and once you wash them you lose that.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Put me down for the Iron Circle as well

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I need to find a place down here in louisiana that will bring me fresh seafood and veggies and eggs. I will live like a king!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I need to find a place down here in louisiana that will bring me fresh seafood and veggies and eggs. I will live like a king!

I think that's called "your kinfolk in the bayou."

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    TL;DR I want a bunch of crawfish and taters before the crawfish season ends completely.

• Options
    am0n wrote: »
    I have a co-worker who bought a farm and started raising her own animals. One thing she mentioned with fresh eggs is that you don't need to refrigerate them as long as you don't wash them. There is something on the outside of the shell that prevents them from being porous and once you wash them you lose that.

That would make sense; eggs in nature wouldn't work to well if they were always porous

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Crawfish and taters sounds good.

OminousLozenge on
  • Options
    I just realized if I move my friends and I to roll20, I can't use my improvised monster/player tokens anymore!
    IMG_20130426_174608_007_zps822bb535.jpg

• Options
    Legos make the best D&D figures

• Options
    I just took the legs off of a figure to make a gnome

• Options
    Roll20 is neat and I use it with the tv for my in-person game, but I'd use Legos if I had enough.

Check out their new Chima line for humanoid monsters.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Legos make the best D&D figures

They actually work remarkably well with Chessex mats.

• Options
    Have I ever showed off my DND map board?

• Options
    IMG_20130426_181748_068_zps2fb19c81.jpg

Dry erase board, painters tape, gray plastic spraypaint. 5 ft x 3 ft

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I just realized if I move my friends and I to roll20, I can't use my improvised monster/player tokens anymore!
    IMG_20130426_174608_007_zps822bb535.jpg

I've been trying to find me a game on there. Hoping to find a weekly game myself. That is quite the lineup of miniatures, thou!

am0n on
  • Options
    riven5riven5 Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's everyone. @riven5, I suggest looking at Blackguard or a not too Defender-oriented Paladin.

Sounds good to me! Jdarksun, can you mark me down as a blackguard from Brightflame? I made mention of being from the vast plains but I should have specified Brightflame as his specific homeland.

I played as a Blackguard in another game which was pretty cool. I admit I don't know how supremely optimized they can become, but the flavor is positively dynamite.

riven5 on
  • Options
    riven5 wrote: »

Sounds good to me! Jdarksun, can you mark me down as a blackguard from Brightflame? I made mention of being from the vast plains but I should have specified Brightflame as his specific homeland.

I played as a Blackguard in another game which was pretty cool. I admit I don't know how supremely optimized they can become, but the flavor is positively dynamite.

He probably got that from me. I think you mentioned a town in the region with Mithralfast as the capital, so I assumed you were there.

Is Blackguard defender or striker?

• Options
    am0n wrote: »

He probably got that from me. I think you mentioned a town in the region with Mithralfast as the capital, so I assumed you were there.

Is Blackguard defender or striker?

Extremely tough striker, in the same space as Barbarian and Slayer. I'd have suggested a Strength-based isolation-focused Paladin or a Charisma-based one with a side of Leader, too.

• Options
    Wow there are quite a few dragonborn huh? Maybe it's a good thing I didn't go for a DB barb after all

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Too many from Brightflame. Serves me right for making a place about Dragon Gods.

• Options
    Also, the best Lego lines for DnD Figures are Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Castle Sets.

I've played a game where my DM made the board out of Legos so that we were really playing a 3D map.

• Options
    Okay, updated the submission post with riven5 from Brightflame and a Blackguard Striker.

• Options
    Also, the best Lego lines for DnD Figures are Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Castle Sets.

I've played a game where my DM made the board out of Legos so that we were really playing a 3D map.

If I were to do another physical game I may have to steal this idea

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I created my character thinking about a culture that would clash really well against Bonamia and that whole school of thought.

• Options
    When do we make fight!?

• Options
    When we are called by the Reaping.

• Options
    Jdarksun, can you mark me down as a blackguard from Brightflame?
    Will do!

I'm going over the characters with my editor right now.

• Options
    I won't know what's up until tomorrow morning as I have to work. Good luck everyone! Add may the odds be ever in your favor.

• Options
    Excellent. Be sure to check your PMs as I filled in a couple last details there.

• Options
    riven5riven5 Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Jdarksun, can you mark me down as a blackguard from Brightflame?
    Will do!

I'm going over the characters with my editor right now.

Nice! I'll work on the chat sheet tomorrow, get it all hammered out.

• Options
    I'll transfer everything over to Orokos if I get selected, but I don't want to spend a bunch of time filling in all the powers otherwise. :P

• Options
    Orokos has stuff for character sheets?

• Options
    Orokos has stuff for character sheets?

You can upload and manage them there. Of course, I've forgotten my password again...

• Options
    I thought I'd get back from work and see Levi's name here...

• Options