Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Blood Bowl] Triple Skulls Every Time

18910111214»

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It's official, the Goblin Team won the league and play off game this season.

My elves, after a bit of a disaster of a last game against some Undead ended up on place 10 out of 18.

The stated goal of the game was to make a bunch of money for the next season and to not lose too many players. After a total of 5 k.o.s (both teams) and one death on my side, the goal had to be a bit adjusted. I tried to stay out of conatact as much as possible, but our armour and injoury rolls were just insane the whole game. It ended with 3:5 casualties which hit me alot harder because of regeneration working every time on the Undead's side. In addition to the first death I also lost one of my ST4 Blitzers after the Apo fudged it (as he always does).

I made a pretty big mistake in the second half when I forgot about his Starplayer Setekh and his MA6 and had my ballcarrier to close and after the ensuing chaos had to score very early which allowed the Undead a comeback to equalize. With my team utterly decimated and him winning the coin toss for overtime, there wasn't much I was able to defend and I lost 2:3.

Silver lining was that none of my players wanted to retire and after the Blitzer's death I was able to buy back the rest of the team for the next season.

Other greenskin related fun fact of the season besides the Gobbo winners: The most succesful thrower of the season is an Orc with I think 15 completions in 9 games.

Ken Otzeentchling
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Sorry to hear where you ended up in the standings, but I had to awesome a Goblin win. Wow.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    edited October 22
    It is pretty funny. They lost a single game the whole season, against the pass game playing Orcs. I was at least able to get their one draw out of them.

Season was a bit weird. For me, too. I fared pretty well against the supposedly "strong" teams, but against the others? not so much. But that's Nuffle.

The league is also growing nicely. Next season has at least 20 people so far.
    6 teams of Elves of some kind, 2 Chaos Dwarfs, 1, Nurgle, 1 Chosen, 3 Skaven, 2 Norse, 1 Goblin, 2 Orcs, 1 human, 1 Vamps

honovere on
    Ken O
    edited October 26

I hope the artwork of the dead dwarf is a teaser for a undead booster pack with dwarf, ork, and elf skellies/zombies

honovere on
    Ken Otzeentchling
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I have 2 completed teams and one that needs painted. I don't need a fourth. I don't need a fourth. They look great, if I keep telling myself I don't need them I might eventually believe it.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    honoveretzeentchling
    Kinda funny that the only running model in that team is the mummy.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Sports zombies! Best fantasy sports armour yet imho. All of them.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • NorgothNorgoth Registered User regular
    First match of a new league today, everyone is playing new teams so should be fun. Playing Chaos and my first match is against humans, so my only real plan is to inflict some horrific ultraviolence.

Ken OMr_RoseDraevenTIFunkalicious
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2
    I have 2 chaos warrior blockers with dodge in my league now. Maybe I'm just not meant to play bashy teams

TIFunkalicious on
    honoveretzeentchling
    I have 2 chaos warrior blockers with dodge in my league now. Maybe I'm just not meant to play bashy teams

It lets you blitz the important targets easier!

Our league ist starting into the new season today. We're up to 26 teams now, sorted into 6 groups acoording to positions after playoffs in the last season and new players get their own groups to give them a ease in period before they can meet more advanced teams.

There will be a total of three phases where groups are redrawn. Then a Playoff game for a total of 10 games for everyone.

For the first phase my group is humans, orks, undead, and my elves.

I need to level up a lineelf or my second thrower fast. I really want another kicker. My game really suffered after loosing the last one.

Ken O
    edited November 9
    3-2 for the Elves! Whooo! After 3 losses in a row last season that's a nice change.

It started a bit shakey, because we happened to play on astrogranite and +1 to armour rolls in a game against orks didn't seem like much fun and the first Elf was off badly hurt in the first turn only because of that +1, but later ob the Orks didn't manage to make much of the injury rolls so CAS ended up 2-2 with only badly hurts on both sides.

Best move of the game was again by the Star Blitzer who managed to get the ball loose deep in the enemy half, then got surrounded by four Orks (including a BO and a tackler), managed to dodge free, blitz one of the three orks away from the ball, picked it up on 5+, made two more dodges out of that scramble and scored, all without a re-roll. Proper Elfball.

Also one of the throwers racked up two more casualties, making him my second most successful blocker. I suspect he might be a Dark Elf.

Next game is against the undead who obliterated my team in the play offs. It's time for revengeance.

I'm looking forward to the result of today's game where last season's winner,gobbos, has to go up against last season's second most bloodthirsty team, Orks.

honovere on
    tzeentchlingKen OKetar
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Funnily, my Goblins are actually heading to the Final match in our league, as well, following an enormous upset where I beat the (until then) undefeated Norse favorite, knocking them into the 3rd-4th place match. The score went 2-1 after a one turn, throw teammate touchdown on turn 16.

My hands were shaking. Guys, Doom Divers are so good.

I'm actually hoping that I lose the finals and come in second overall, in a weird way, because if I won the whole shebang I'd feel obligated to take the team into season 2, and I've been working on a custom Tomb Kings team that I'm really excited about.

honoveretzeentchling
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Funnily, my Goblins are actually heading to the Final match in our league, as well, following an enormous upset where I beat the (until then) undefeated Norse favorite, knocking them into the 3rd-4th place match. The score went 2-1 after a one turn, throw teammate touchdown on turn 16.

I'm actually hoping that I lose the finals and come in second overall, in a weird way, because if I won the whole shebang I'd feel obligated to take the team into season 2, and I've been working on a custom Tomb Kings team that I'm really excited about.

Maybe you'll win with 90% casualties!

edited November 10
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

Maybe you'll win with 90% casualties!

One can only dream!

My team is currently tied in the league for most deaths suffered, with a particularly unlucky Dark Elf coach who had a very rocky start to the season. In particular, I've lost four Goblin 'Ooligans over the course of the season, and they're not even good players. Now I just rehire them to spite Nuffle.

BloodySloth on
  • NorgothNorgoth Registered User regular
    I was playing PC Bloodbowl trying out the undead team because hot damn those models, and against a goblin team my wizards fireball killed five players including a troll.

That feels about right for goblins.

BloodySloth
    The new Undead team looks great, but I'm drooling over the new dice for my Tomb Kings:

thumb_undeaddice.jpg

tzeentchling
    edited November 15
    The Nagarythe Nomads - these guys:
    m1zjde1muw4u.jpg

now have a club logo
    naygsucrxsdx.jpg

I might make a few more changes, but for now I'm happy.

edit:

This season is starting to go bonkers right of the bat.
    - The first three games on the first day had a total of 17 touchdowns including a 5:3 with 12 completions by both teams in total (HE-WE).
    - The Gobbo team won their first game against the Orks (CAS runner up last season)
    - The "most CAS"team of last season, Chaos Chosen, lost thier first game against Dark Elves 0:1, with two! dead Chaos players and one -AV while making no CAS themselves against the Elves.

Oh, and next game I have to play against a Zombie that used to be my Blitzer.

honovere on
    tzeentchlingExtreaminatusBloodySlothKen ODayspring
18910111214»