[Blood Bowl] Triple Skulls Every Time

1131415161719»

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So rumors are we get a bb3 trailer around 5pm eastern today ( from gamescom) . Predictions ? Thoughts ? Profanity filled rants ?

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Probably similar to the leaked 2020 rules? As they said in 2018 or so, I think. Maybe a nice trailer?

honovere wrote: »
    Probably similar to the leaked 2020 rules? As they said in 2018 or so, I think. Maybe a nice trailer?

The rules are a given but I was more referring to # of stadiums, teams initially available overall presentation etc. since those are things that matter in a video game but won’t matter in tabletop.

Ah, yeah. Although the unless there's an extra book coming out with the next tabletop edition, the tt version is about to lose all its stadiums and sponsors. It matters a little bit :)

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Ah, yeah. Although the unless there's an extra book coming out with the next tabletop edition, the tt version is about to lose all its stadiums and sponsors. It matters a little bit :)

Oh there’s more coming out, that’s for sure. GW, remember? They’ve got Spike magazines and Deathbowl and journals to fill.
    I do hope this means they get around to making a proper Dungeonbowl box at some point.
    Actually that’d be a fabulous extra mode for the vidyagame…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    You could probably play a nice round of Dungeonbowl on that new warcry map they just previewed. But yeah I wouldn't bet against the theoretical next big box to be Dungeonbowl with some more completely new teams.

Mr_Rose
    Also, is there any reason you can’t use the existing stadiums and sponsors with the new edition? I don’t recall them doing anything that the changed rules actually breaks?

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Anyone want to bet that BB3 looks like a massive step backwards from 2, with reduced content, and few noticeable improvements?

Since that was what 2 looked like compared to 1.

What is this I don't even.
    BloodySlothGnizmo
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Anyone want to bet that BB3 looks like a massive step backwards from 2, with reduced content, and few noticeable improvements?

They are going for the Madden football experience.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I hope not, but I am expecting it.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    honovereGnome-Interruptus
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Looks like the special pitch rules are carrying over, going by that dark elf bit in the video.

Other than an update to the art style, the graphics look very similar to Blood Bowl II.

I'm curious to see, from afar, how much of a horrible jank-fest the game will be on launch.

edited September 3
    The new jump rule is going to change agility team way of playing something fierce, right? It seems like the standard defence line ups against high ag offence mostly leave the center behind the line of scrimmage pretty open with the expectation that even a downed player will gum up the road for the offence. That might no longer work. Going to be really interesting trying out all the changes

edit:
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Also, is there any reason you can’t use the existing stadiums and sponsors with the new edition? I don’t recall them doing anything that the changed rules actually breaks?

off the top of my head: Several of the stadium effects do something with fame and fans, which works differently in the new rules, fame doesn't exist anymore. Steelhelm sponsorship also doesn't work anymore because stat ups work differently (Steelhelm's is utterly broken anyway and was banned in our league after one season)

I put my last 3 seasons with elven union into an excel sheet to see how the redraft money changes and pretty much regardless of performance (upper third of league, lower half of league, champion + most TD) the new rules would have increased the redraft money by about 40-60k.
    Match winnings during the season are a bit harder to compare, but for the first season TDx10k + 20k (average of the d3) + 10k (minimum of fans) would have increased the winnings by 20k over the course of the season.
    On the other hand, even just after the first season the new agent fees would have increased tho cost of the roster considerably, like just keeping two blitzers, two catchers and a thrower would've cost an additional 100k. Keeping those 5 players after two seasons would cost 200k.
    So that might be a wash in the end

Oh, and you roll for healing niggling injuries and stat decreases of temporarily retired players after rehiring, so that is a pretty big gamble, even moreso because you also have to spend money to rehire the Apo for the +1 on the roll.

honovere on
    DarkewolfeBloodySloth
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited September 4
    Speaking of stadium effects, saw this Kickstarter that looks pretty fun. Stands and fans for Blood bowl.
    Not too bad at 15 euro for the stand and the fans as STL files, apparently they are in the process of arranging a professional 3D printing service to do minis for those without a printer.

fb52ba598cb14124bfb77e7c90fb4c9e_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1598896355&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=8724881592f1cd065d96ca85e5d4843d
    zu3sf18c88dh.png
    68ab2042050abbcb30c158c4de40e9cb_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1598896322&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=1db2582b6f1716b58987671d16add13c

[edit]Ah, thought that was more for your own kickstarters.

Tastyfish on
    EspantaPajaroKetarGnome-InterruptusKen Otzeentchling
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    That is very cool, but I think we're still forbidden from linking active kickstarter projects on the forums.

Darkewolfe
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I only want one fan
    1o6regvg0hg4.jpg

BloodySloth
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I am playing blood bowl with a bunch of friends who never played it before. They are SO TERRIBLE and SO ENTHUSIASTIC.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.

What is this I don't even.
    honoveretzeentchling
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    its always fun playing with new players cause they haven't picked up any of the old habits or ball killing etc, so they just go for 1 dice blocks and go for its and dodges that they shouldn't even be thinking about. Watched Ashe play blitz bowl, seems like a fun quick game, with elements of bloodbowl. I know it says 12+ but i think my 10 year old would beable to handle it.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

Gnome-Interruptushonovere
    At first I was a bit apprehensive at the way star layers are handled in the next edition whith them being much more widely available to different teams, like Roxanna playing for all the elves and Helmut playing for everyone, but I've come around and now I'm looking forward to the kitbashing and conversion possibilities for differnt versions of Helmut for example, big skink with chainsaw and such. We'll probably get a bunch more old and new star players some way or the other but who knows when.

Me, personally, I’m all for that and I’ll use the official minis when I can because I like the idea that the Star Players are genuine freebooters that register with a particular league commission and can therefore be drafted by anyone in that league.

Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Me, personally, I’m all for that and I’ll use the official minis when I can because I like the idea that the Star Players are genuine freebooters that register with a particular league commission and can therefore be drafted by anyone in that league.

Yeah, that works well, too. I just enjoy kitbashing, and it's a good excuse.