Options

[Blood Bowl] Triple Skulls Every Time

1343536373840»

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Skaven techno-sorcery at its finest-finest.
    I’d just assume the warpstone battery powering the things cracked or something, claim sabotage, and blame that lousy cheat of a second-hand rat ogre dealer.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Skaven techno-sorcery at its finest-finest.
    I’d just assume the warpstone battery powering the things cracked or something, claim sabotage, and blame that lousy cheat of a second-hand rat ogre dealer.

I will not have you besmirch the honor of Honest Skittersnik's Used Rat-Ogre Emporium and Diner.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    That was exactly our skaven player's experience with the rat ogre. It spent more time eating dirt than eating the opponent.

Still, they're so cool that if I were gonna run that team, I'd start with one on my list. An irresponsible heavy weapon that's amazing on paper, but with crippling liabilities, is extremely on brand for the skaven.

From an actual tactical perspective, I think Skaven are probably the one team where you can hire a rat ogre but probably shouldn't. The rest of your team is just too high value and too low armor.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I was in a league with friends, 1 played dark elves the other high elves and I got fed up with my team getting beaten up by pointy ears.

So I got a rat ogre, he stayed on one side, punched a few elves into the crowd and I stopped losing quite so many rats over the course of a game.

He ended up just being a threat / distraction on a flank and helping push through that side.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/oFzcrQspEB04HGev.pdf

new FAQ and Errata.
    Big ones:
    No more Guard for fouling
    No more swarming for underworld sontlings
    passing skills as primary for goblin bommas

• Options
    Cindy Piewhistle is now a Mega Star; I think there are several tournament rosters that will break. Also they fixed the Halfling master chef as expected.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Now I want a halfling master chief as a star player.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited June 15
    So one of my ogres on my ogre team got injured for -1 strength and I'm not sure what to do with them now.

Edit: should I just fire them and replace them ASAP?

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Do they have any other skills? If not then fire them.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Do they have any other skills? If not then fire them.

As long as you can replace them. Being down a large body just seems like a mistake.

I haven't played since LRB6(?), but unless they've massively rejiggered things, any value from having a lower team rating likely isn't enough to give up a S4 dude. Keep him in the backfield, or use him to screw up tackle zones, so the others can maximize their advantages.

Or are the changes that different? I've got the first two books of the current incarnation, but I've not actually played.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So, on my ogre team I'm going to save up for leader on my runt punter but I'm wondering if on my strong arm Blocker I should be saving for something or going for a random strength? I wasn't sure if passing skills worked with TTM or if they stack with throw teammate

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Only skills that explicitly say they work with TTM do so. Regular passing skills not so much. It’s kind of a PITA but it’s just not really possible to “git gud” with chucking little guys around except via stat upgrades. Kicking is even worse since Strong Arm doesn’t even apply.