As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Graphics card issue or ghosts?

agoajagoaj Top TierOne FearRegistered User regular
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCvmWLMNKjg
I just updated to windows 8 and things were working fine for half an hour, and then my screen colors go nuts like the start of this video. I tried updating the drivers, rolling back, and uninstalling and reinstalling.
Colors are fine on a few resolutions, using 1680 x 1050, normally use 1920 x 1200.
Using a Radeon HD 5770

VhsO63Zl.jpg
The menu on the right is the monitor's settings menu, so it doesn't seem to be a faulty display.
OhGlSmZ.jpg

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
agoaj on

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    5 Days and no response? @agoaj did you try jiggling the monitor cable? :P

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Mang I've not seen it fail like that before. Straight up wacky. I've got 5850's and they play fine with Win8, but my monitors only go up to 1440x900.

What type of cabling are you using? It seems like this is more of a signal degradation/crosstalk than a dying card.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Mang I've not seen it fail like that before. Straight up wacky. I've got 5850's and they play fine with Win8, but my monitors only go up to 1440x900.

What type of cabling are you using? It seems like this is more of a signal degradation/crosstalk than a dying card.

Using HDMI.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    agoaj wrote: »

Using HDMI.

Do you have any other cables to try? I wonder if one of HDMI's DRM "features" has gone haywire on you.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    agoaj wrote: »

Using HDMI.

Do you have any other cables to try? I wonder if one of HDMI's DRM "features" has gone haywire on you.

Plugged in VGA through a DVI adapter, it's working at full resolution. So something in the HDMI chain must be broken.

Ok, plugged in straight DVI to DVI and it's still working.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Hooray, HDMI!

How old is your cable? I think some of the oldest ones don't work properly with the newest protocols. If you want to stick with HDMI I'd try getting a new cable, amazon has 'em pretty cheap usually.