As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Age of Wushu] Is this blood? It's bleeding! You shall die!

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Farm wheat for 20 minutes until you have 200 wheat, contact one of your guildies about making buns for you. Give them your wheat, receive a stack of buns. You're now good to go for a long time.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I'm stuck and can't figure out how to fix this problem. I was doing a Quest(it was one given to me during my life story, to learn how to combine/disassemble). I did the first part(Disassemble) and had clicked the little "ok I've done it" dialogue during the process and when I got to the second part(combining), I forgot to click the "ok I've done it" dialogue and clicked "Combine" and combined what it told me to. Thus my quest is off track as it didn't advance. I went in and tried to "Drop" the quest and it wouldn't let me. I've deleted all the ingredients it gave me and tried again and still no dice. I put in a GM request and was like 50'sh in line and didn't get a response before I had to go to bed. Any clues?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hmmm mixed messages.

You guys are no help!

:P

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Our guild has broken into the rankings... number 99 out of 100.

Movin' on up, movin' on up-

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Food is a requirement; depending how long you play, you'll need more food. Food to satisfy hunger is pretty cheap, and can easily be provided by guild members or making a cook alt (which I'm almost considering doing and replacing my manufacturing profession). And manufacturing is limited by a stat called vigor that replenishes per day.

I made a stack of 130 food one day (and note I did other things that consumed vigor that day). I sold off 50 and have used about 20-30 or so over a week.

Once you actually have food and unbound money, it's not a big deal. But when you start off, they give you a small amount and never really introduce well the concept of needing player/unbound money to buy more food.

Cobell on
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    Yah, with the food thing, just ask in guild. I generally have a large stash of those steamed buns and am happy to give out a stack if you're starving.

Also, Aldo, thanks for explaining that Twilight Village pop-up thing. I always assumed it was some group spamming trying to get me to go run the dungeon. I'm kind of excited to try it out now.

• Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    I think we almost always have someone on that's either a chef, or has a chef alt. We should quickly be able to keep everyone stocked with 50+ buns, so newcomers would be able to get a decent supply from just about anyone eventually. I've already handed a couple out to some of the random newbies in town that were having a bit of trouble.

I'm betting that the food that provides the hour long buffs are where the real money is. Food that restores vigor is probably also worth a decent amount.

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    So, I couldn't resist trying this out. I have no idea what I'm doing, but am intrigued. The lack of invert mouse is annoying, but I'm not finding it to be a huge factor (so far).

In-game name is Jiaxua. I'll try to join the guild when I can.

• Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    Oh, does the storyline you pick really matter much at all?

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    There is a PA Report on Age of Wushu. A good read if you are still on the fence as I think he gives a fair assessment of the game (fun, but complex).

Also, time for a new round of who's who! Please continue this quote and add your forum name and character(s) name and for shits and giggles your primary tradeskill if you wish. I'll eventually place the new list in the OP so people can make with the friends.

Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    There is a PA Report on Age of Wushu. A good read if you are still on the fence as I think he gives a fair assessment of the game (fun, but complex).

Also, time for a new round of who's who! Please continue this quote and add your forum name and character(s) name and for shits and giggles your primary tradeskill if you wish. I'll eventually place the new list in the OP so people can make with the friends.

Axen - Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

Axen - Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    Banzai5150 - Dwidus(Chef/Painter/Divinator)

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Oh yea: if you're a painter or scholar it's worth mentioning as well, because those mofos get to make stuff as well. Musicians and Go Chess players are less interesting, they get to buff other players.

Come to think of it...do higher level musicians get longer buffs that last after I finish the song? I'm asking because currently the buff is only active while I'm sitting down playing Guitar Hero.

• Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure, but I think if you drag the song you want to play into your action bar and then click it from there, it'll give you a smaller screen version of the guitar hero game that wont give you experience but is how you apply the buff to your team.

There's a lot of other text in each of the songs too talking about how at higher identities(musician ranks I guess?) you can play songs without 'noise' (I'm guessing that means no musical notes will come out of you and so people wont know that you're the big buff guy) and that you can play songs and use other abilities at the same time.

This is really all just stuff I've read from various websites and inside the game so you'd have to experiment

PoolCue on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular

Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    Arthil - Akeche(Craftsman/Painter)

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    Kass - Qasamir (Herbalist)

Kass on
  • Options
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    CyberJackal - Jiaxua (Poison Maker)

I'm still trying to figure this game out... So apparently the only way to get food is from other players? And to do that (without begging), you need the special kind of money? How do you get that money aside from selling goods and services to other players or buying it through the cash shop?

Also, apparently you need to be a VIP to actually use the divination skill, which I did not see any mention of in-game when I learned it. F2P players have to stick with begging (which is appropriate, I guess).

• Options
    You can get food from your fellow guildies.

You can also get money from hunting bounties and kidnapping offline players. By far the easiest way (besides coughing up real money) is to sell stuff to other players. Go to a big city and browse through the shops looking for buyers and you're good to go. Flax, coarse cloth and the items you get from disassembling gear are always in demand. If you find any skill books you can also sell those for some hard cash.

• Options
    Grey PaladinGrey Paladin Registered User regular
    Is Go worthwhile to level?

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence
  • Options
    Aldo wrote: »
    You can get food from your fellow guildies.

You can also get money from hunting bounties and kidnapping offline players. By far the easiest way (besides coughing up real money) is to sell stuff to other players. Go to a big city and browse through the shops looking for buyers and you're good to go. Flax, coarse cloth and the items you get from disassembling gear are always in demand. If you find any skill books you can also sell those for some hard cash.

Oh, you can sell stuff at other players' stalls? Cool, that's good to know.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    TheKoolEagle - Keagle (Blacksmith)

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Is Go worthwhile to level?

No, it's a broken mechanic. The buffs might be worthwhile, but it's ridiculous to level as you're playing "puzzle" matches against NPCs and you can't really solve any of the puzzles on your own and everyone just relies on the same guide with all the solutions to get them done. All the other professions are a lot nicer to play or grind.

• Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    I actually really enjoy the bejeweled mini games for the crafting professions.

If there wasn't a daily exp cap I would spend all my time leveling through it.

• Options
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    Nerdtendo - WiiMote (Tailor/Painter)

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    yeah the minigames are super addicting, the saddest part for me is that when i'm actually crafting I can only go up to 7 matching skulls and its like good job you win! that is easily done in like 2 turns.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    @Nerdtendo we need to get together because I've got like 5 tailor recipes stashed away at the moment.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    Cobell - YuPianZhou (Chef/Music)

I do kind of hate my professions though; I may switch Music to calligraphy. Or maybe just make an additional crafting alt; not sure yet.

I found a bug possibly with crafting and the mini-game. I play the bewjeweled (let's fight) mini-game to max out my cooking xp. But last night I went ahead and made myself some more food with the rest of my vigor (using the special bejeweled crafting), and I continued to make cooking xp (or maybe I'm confusing it with rank which may or may not be the same thing).

Also, if you need food, I would just say ask me (or another chef) to make you some. Just provide some wheat (2 wheat per 1 bun = 20 nutrition), there's also a 3 dew vendor trash that's I can easily absorb. Alternatively, just make something to barter with. Or if you haven't chosen a profession, I'll just give you enough food to start you out past that initial 5 they give you.

Cobell on
  • Options
    Aldo wrote: »
    @Nerdtendo we need to get together because I've got like 5 tailor recipes stashed away at the moment.

Rad. You can just ship them to me with a carrier pidgeon.

I'll even gather the mats and make you one of each recipe, because I fucking want more recipes!

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    I have a recipe for a hat, heh.

• Options
    wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    wmelon - ChiangBing (Blacksmith)

• Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    'nother question! I gather you can have all the gathering skills but only one crafting skill, if you decide you don't like the crafting skill you picked, can you drop it to change or are you stuck with it forever?

• Options
    This game has some crazy deep levels of difficult stuff: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/24/the-art-of-wushu-the-war-for-server-time/

Something I didn't know until now: every Monday people can bid on stalls in Chengdu and Suzhou for the week. The prices for these are pretty high and there's always a lot of ganking going on to keep others from bidding. I always wondered why the prices in these towns were higher than other players, but now I know. People are trying to recuperate the hundreds of L they're spending on those spots.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure if I want to invest time into this. I'm not hard to please when it comes to MMO's but with all the translation problems and reviews saying combat is lack-luster, I don't know if it's worth a download.

On the other hand, it does seem to have a lot of cool features, especially for a f2p.

F87 on
  • Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    wmelon - ChiangBing (Blacksmith)
    DesmondPfeiffer - Replicant (Tailor)

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    F87 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I want to invest time into this. I'm not hard to please when it comes to MMO's but with all the translation problems and reviews saying combat is lack-luster, I don't know if it's worth a download.

On the other hand, it does seem to have a lot of cool features, especially for a f2p.

Huh, I wouldn't say the combat is lackluster honestly. It's actually pretty cool.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Arthil wrote: »

Huh, I wouldn't say the combat is lackluster honestly. It's actually pretty cool.

Yeah I was about to say the same. Fighting random nobody NPCs isn't much different from most MMOs (with the caveat that the animations are wonderful), but fighting players is amazing. Not to mention the bosses where instead of having to dodge a blatantly telegraphed super-attack, you actually have to pay damn close attention to what the boss is doing and then counter accordingly or else get your face stomped.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options

Give it a shot. Combat is okay, better than the vast majority of Korean Grinders, but is a shadow in comparison to something like WoW. The translation problems primarily cause issues with learning some of the mechanics of the game, but it's enough to get you going, and the things you'll need to address later on can easily be answered in guild chat if it hasn't been addressed in this thread.

The game is very pretty, despite not being a graphical beast. And the game has got some really interesting ideas going for it. Beyond that, it's just fun. There's loads of stuff to do, and despite the underwhelming interface, the game makes it fairly easy for you to find something new to do. It does a great job at giving you the sense of being a member of a large community in a game based off of Chinese Kung-Fu flicks.

It's definitely not for everyone... but if you decide to try it, do yourself a favor and stick with it until you've joined a school and done a spy mission or two, or kidnapped a few players. The "tutorial" phase of the game barely even gives you a taste of what it has to offer. Hell, the tutorial is the equivalent of casually glancing at a restaurant's store front as you pass it by without even getting a general idea of what type of food is served within.

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hmm I clock on the launcher and it just says "acquiring server list" forever and ever.

Any thoughts?

• Options
    edited April 2013
    One of the recipes Aldo gave me I already had.

Blue Satin Pants Book

First come, first serve.

edit:

Also, any craftsmen able to make me Haishu Hasp? Necessary for shin guard recipe I have.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png