As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PbP] Pathfinder Mercs - Chapter 1: Training Day

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ok @rainfall how do the rest of us sign up for this oroks site?

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Try this, it should work!

Sucks that Invisible Castle is down, though.

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Ugh, one of those sneaky types that thinks he's so smart. So smart he almost broke his neck.

"Well, great to know you'll be slinking in the shadows half speed now. And so you know, slippery is not a helpful thing to be climbing a cliff. So stay behind the Tora and me till we need someone to stab an enemy in the back. Anyway, your kind are supposed to be sharp eyed, why don't you take first watch. Tora, I'll help you set up your bedroll, don't worry bout the mess this guy made. You can be right next to me."

Hearing the tune of a trained musician, Corgen smiles at Cormick and starts clapping along. A performer, gonna need to stay close so he can spread the word. Corgen the legend is going to grow fast with my own personal bard.

• Options
    Sorry I've been slow on the uptake here guys. Its finals time and I've been swamped

• Options
    No problem, real life has to take priority. Good luck on the finals.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    "Really? I take my eyes off of you for five minutes and this is what happens?!" Gromog is fuming towards your group. She grabs Mazin by the collar of his shirt, and brings him to her eye level. "If you were out in the field you would have just rendered yourself useless as a rogue to your group. This is your first lesson and only warning, when your out there, make sure you have plenty of bandages and potions." she pulls out some first aid supplies, and just as Richard returns with the firewood. She grabs a few plank sized chunks and exclaims "None of that will burn, its mostly covered in moss. It'll smoulder and let people know were here, but won't get a fire going."

She puts the two planks on either side of Mazin's leg, and bandages it up. http://orokos.com/roll/110217 rolls first aid and gets a natural 20. Plus her 4 in that skill, 24. She bandages it up deftly, with a skilled almost surgical hand you wouldn't expect from a big bruiser like her. "This will set you leg, here drink this, now that its set the potion should help heal it. Don't do something that dumb again, I won't always be here to change your diapers." She heands Mazin a potion with a deep red hue. "Ok yeah, this is a good camp. Nice work you two, she gestures at Tora and Cormick, "and bard. I appricate what your trying to do, really. But remember, were in the mountains, and our job is to try and protect some people from bandits, announcing our presence with a song isn't the best idea. Now lets get our gear unpacked and ready, they should be here in the next few hours.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    @Bucketman on orokos there is the "copy paste" box. Best thing to use is the bbcode, it shows the roll for everyone.

First Aid Gromog: 1d20 20

Better, when you type in 1d20, you can add all your modifiers. Just write 1d20 + 4, and you don't need to do it by hand.

• Options
    Its now roughly an hour before sundown, camp is set up, Mazin's leg has healed up nicely, and Gromog is standing on high ground, keeping an eye out. "I see them!" she calls.
    She climbs down the slope to you all, "I see them just over the ridge, look somewhat presentable, and don't mention to them that your raw recruits, last thing we need them them worrying." A few minutes later a large wagon, pulled by a sad looking horse approaches, driven by a man who you could best describe as...colorful. He is adorned in leathers, and has spectacles, and while driving also seems to be going over a book. Behind him are three strapping young men, all of whom appear human. They also all appear miserable, they have various tools and packs strapped to their horses and themselves.

Gamora goes over to speak with the man and help him off his horse.

EVERYONE MAKE A PERCEPTION CHECK

• Options
    Also don't forget! You can roll in the forums now!

Geth roll 1d20

• Options
    GethGeth
    rolls 1d20 -> 15 (sum:15)

Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    rolls 1d20 -> 15 (sum:15)

• Options
    Tora is tempted to scoff a bit at being called 'raw,' but Gromog is more than intimidating enough to keep her quiet, and she simply nods, keeping an eye around camp as the wagon approaches. It had been a comfortable enough night, the campsite was more than sheltered from the wind, and she was no stranger to rough terrain after the ARMS training.
    "Well, I guess this is our first real day of work, then. I hope they don't cause too much trouble."
    Haha holy crap I had thought I made a post but I didn't oh god now I'm embarassed but nobody else posted so they can be embarassed with me.

Perception!: 1d20+6 25

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Perception: 1d20-1 16

Hours passing, nothing happening but sitting around waiting. This was not the life of adventure and honor Corgen expected. But he kept his eyes and eyes open, hoping against hope he would have something exciting soon. A boar attack, goblin raid, a skeleton bursting from the ground in the middle of camp. Anything.

He heard the creaking of the wagon and the neigh of the horses before he saw them. Finally, the job was starting. He picks up his shield and sap, ready to be sent out and crack some heads.

"About time, our first day of real work. Hope they brought some trouble."

zekebeau on
  • Options
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    "A deception as rotten as the soil is brown," Sir Richard claimed as he threw down his bundle of sticks.

"A Knight of the Order of Valor & Virtues does not lie. But we certainly can remain silent..."

Geth roll 1d20-1

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    GethGeth
    rolls 1d20(-1) -> 4 (sum:4)

Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    rolls 1d20(-1) -> 4 (sum:4)

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    geth, roll 1d20+3

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    GethGeth
    rolls 1d20(+3) -> 12 (sum:12)

rolls 1d20(+3) -> 12 (sum:12)

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    geth, roll 1d20+3

• Options
    GethGeth
    rolls 1d20(+3) -> 4 (sum:4)

rolls 1d20(+3) -> 4 (sum:4)

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @Thorn413, I think we see the same thing!

Which is likely nothing!

Zonugal on
  • Options
    I must be very upset about being told to stop playing and just looking at the ground or something

• Options
    Tora and Cormick
    You hear metal clanking on the other side of a large rock formation just west of where the wagon has stopped. One of the apprentice boys also seems to have noticed.

Tora Only
    As you look towards the formation, you can make out a person sized shadow on the ground, and the setting sun reflecting off of a metal top of kind...almost looks like an arrow.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Tora slowly and carefully unsheathes her long, gleaming bastard sword, gesturing towards the rock.
    "There's someone behind there, armed, looks like an ambush. Get ready for anything."
    She looks over her shoulder to the rest of the squad, Richard and Cormick staring intently in the opposite direction.
    "Hsst! Richard, get ready to cover the new arrivals from danger. Mazin, Cormick, get under cover. Corgen, get ready to charge with me."

Weapon drawn, Tora slowly, cautiously approaches the boulder, trying her best not to alert whoever, or whatever, is hiding behind it.

Geth roll 1d20-4 for stealth

stealth:
    1d20-4 1 [1d20=5]

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Mazin prepares his bow and begins to sneak behind Tora to cover her as she skulks towards the boulder she gestured toward. This is more his element.
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Stealth

Stealth:
    1d20+7 19 [1d20=12]

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    "Good eyes girl, looking forward to taking a new prisoner and making him sing."

Hefting the sap and shield, the barbarian begins stalking toward his new prey, looking forward to the new chance to test his mettle in combat.

• Options
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Tora slowly and carefully unsheathes her long, gleaming bastard sword, gesturing towards the rock.
    "There's someone behind there, armed, looks like an ambush. Get ready for anything."
    She looks over her shoulder to the rest of the squad, Richard and Cormick staring intently in the opposite direction.
    "Hsst! Richard, get ready to cover the new arrivals from danger. Mazin, Cormick, get under cover. Corgen, get ready to charge with me."

Weapon drawn, Tora slowly, cautiously approaches the boulder, trying her best not to alert whoever, or whatever, is hiding behind it.

Roll stealth please

• Options
    Stalking the creature behind the boulder for agonizing seconds, the youthful and energetic barbarian can no longer hold in his battle lust.

"For glory" he shouts, breaking into a charge, blood frenzy in his eyes.
    Stealth: 1d20-2 0

Horrible stealth, no points in it and armor penalty, and rolled a 2. Might as well just be barbarous and charge in head long.

@Bucketman, let me know if I can actually charge or if the boulder will force me to turn. If possible, I'm going to charge and rage to hit. If not, rage move and hit, or at the very worst rage and double move into the creatures square.

Initiative: 1d20+1 10

• Options
    Tora and Cormick make almost enough noise to wake the dead. In fact, Gromog and the bespectled gentleman on the cart actually turn their attention towards you, and away from their conversation, as well as danger.

Mazin saves face and quickly darts behind a rock. Remaining hidden, bow taunt and at the ready.

Everyone who hasn't already, roll initiative.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for initiative

I am really digging this new system

1d20+3 13 [1d20=10]

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for initiative

initiative:
    1d20+2 15 [1d20=13]

• Options
    Geth roll 1d20+0 for initiative

Please.

initiative:
    1d20+0 1 [1d20=1]

• Options
    If no one goes before me on initiative I plan on starting my 'Inspire Courage' performance which would give all party members +1 to attack/damage/fear saves

• Options
    Still waiting on initiative roll from @Zanugal

• Options
    @Zonugal, we need you!

• Options
    oh hey it would help if I spelt it right huh

• Options
    Geth, roll 1d20+0 for initiative

initiative:
    1d20+0 17 [1d20=17]

• Options
    Ok then, whatever is behind the rock formation doesn't know you know its there. So heres order:
    @Zonugal
    @Thorn413
    @duke 2.0
    @zekebeau
    and @rainfall

and so you guys know, I'm keeping all enemy rolls a secret. I'm rolling real dice in life, thats my DM screen

• Options
    Richard draws his long sword and gets into a defensive position.

• Options
    Since I do not want to alert whatever is coming for us by starting up a song, I will instead draw my light crossbow and prepare to take a shot when things start happening

• Options
    Mazin, taking advantage of the noise Tora is making, creeps closer to the figure hiding behind the boulder before taking a shot.
    I guess roll both attack and damage for the sake of quickness? Just ignore the damage if it doesn't hit or something.

Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d6+1d6 for Damage

Attack:
    1d20+3 14 [1d20=11]
    Damage:
    1d6+1d6 7 [1d6=3] [1d6=4]

VRXwDW7.png