As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So much joy! So much excitement! So much congratulations! [Weddings and Getting Married]

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Weddings seem to be the only place where food fountains are acceptable. Fountains forever. I want chocolates and caramel fountains, a blue cheese fountain for wings, a beer fountain, champagne fountains, hollandaise fountain, etc etc

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    My younger brother is getting hitched in September

So in addition to feeling super old I have to find a dress that is appropriate for late fall in Montana, I would love to look gorgeous without freezing my bits off

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    My wife got the traditional 102 degree fever on our wedding day. She was a real champ. We'll hit the four year anniversary this August.

And I was 29 before I got married, so all the youngsters in here worried about that sort of thing, stop. It's the terrible cliché thing that every married person says, stop worrying about it and it'll happen.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

So in addition to feeling super old I have to find a dress that is appropriate for late fall in Montana, I would love to look gorgeous without freezing my bits off

fur and leather tassles all day all night

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Mysst wrote: »

I'm down, that'll go over super good with libertarians and an open bar

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    My younger cousin is getting hitched in June. I will probably hang out with my grandma the whole night!

it's montana, everyone's gonna be in muskets and rabbit pelts and ba'r skins and driving minivans and eating arby's

ikbUJdU.jpg

it's montana, everyone's gonna be in muskets and rabbit pelts and ba'r skins and driving minivans and eating arby's

Don't remind me

My cousin and I are going to have big drunk white girl fun no matter what, though

• GafotoGafoto Registered User regular

Don't remind me

My cousin and I are going to have big drunk white girl fun no matter what, though

The official state fun of Montana.

sierracrest.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    oh jeez, I know someone I need to keep far away from this thread

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    a couple of my friends are getting married next month and i'm excited cause 1. i'm a groomsman but more importantly 2. there's gonna be free booze

EzUAYcn.png
  • StareosarusStareosarus Mrs. Lady Smart Hero FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    @abracadaniel and I got hitched in November after an engagement of a little over a year. Had the dress, the venue, and the photographer. Met with various vendors, had just gotten our invitations in, and they were wonderful.

Then the first weekend of September, two months out, I had a breakdown and couldn't take it anymore. Our 80 person wedding got cut down to 35 people, and we had 28 come. We found a ceremony site on the water (my requirement) that was free (awesome bonus). We found a restaurant about a mile away with a private dining room that had a bar inside. We didn't need a DJ anymore, so Dan made a playlist. My coworker made our wedding cake.

We had an absolutely incredible day. Perfect weather, and the wedding was a lot better than it would have been if we went with the original plan.

Also, I can't speak highly enough about Minted and their customer service. They have wonderful, wonderful invitations. And after we changed venues, I got in touch with them to see what options I had. They gave me printing at 50% off original cost to fix the new invitations for the location.

I'll post some of our photos later, along with some other words of advise to brides.

Stareosarus on

Don't remind me

my favorite kind of fun

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    oh jeez, I know someone I need to keep far away from this thread

Then you shouldn't have told me it existed. Either way, still waitin' ;D

dammit

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    dan why would you do that to yourself

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    The Betman wrote: »
    I've made a horrible mistake

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Wear a slinky strapless number

just with long underwear

mmmmm those sexy ribbed shoulders

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »

Because he loves me. Mostly 'cause he's dumb.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    My sister is getting married next April!

She is having a humanist wedding! The venue is literally five minutes down the road from her house (we timed it!) at an old Victorian theater. Here is a picture:
    lantern_seats.jpg

And the reception/party will be in an industrial museum, here is one of their cool engines:
    Kelham_Island_Industrial_Museum_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1632762.jpg

She's pretty sure she's found a nice dress, 1950s style. I won't be doing her flowers because I live too far away for it to be convenient, but also recently (at least in Manchester) a lot of flower markets have decided to stop selling to the general public because its putting florists out of business. I could easily prove I work for a florist and get an account with of order via work, but naaaahhh.

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I have no reason to but I love looking at wedding dresses and rings (especially unusual ones) so you all should post yours!

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Usagi, please attend the wedding in your formal cosplay

YL9WnCY.png
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I already have a ring for myself picked out should I ever get hitched.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I got married. It was alright.

Rorus Raz wrote: »

Let me find my formal cat ears

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I believe he meant your Lumpy Space Princess cosplay

the only wedding-appropriate cosplay there is

Rorus Raz wrote: »

Let me find my formal cat ears
    BNOV-DS125.jpg

• ReciprocityReciprocity Registered User regular
    Also, I can't speak highly enough about Minted and their customer service. They have wonderful, wonderful invitations. And after we changed venues, I got in touch with them to see what options I had. They gave me printing at 50% off original cost to fix the new invitations for the location.
    Seconding this. I usually get a few inquiries after any wedding I print the invitations for, but since I have a day job and whatnot, I'm not usually a very good fit for people when I'm not printing their invites for free/cost of materials, so I usually tell people to check out Minted, and I've heard good things from most everyone who has gotten back to me after saying they were quite satisfied.

alt post

free-ship-formal-dress-hat-Pure-wool-demon-cat-hat-woolen-equestrian-cartoon.jpg

cabsy wrote: »

If I were to cosplay it would either be LSP or Eir Stegalkin because lord knows I'm 90% of the way to being a Norn anyways

cabsy wrote: »

tumblr_m28z06XD881r6rvgzo1_500.jpg

OH MY GLOB, CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my friend from HS just told me he got engaged

first HS friend of mine to get engaged

it begins.......

poo
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    my friend from HS just told me he got engaged

first HS friend of mine to get engaged

it begins.......

I have two sets of highschool friends who have kids now

I've only been out of highschool for a year and a half negativeman-55f.png

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    My cousin has recently decided to set her date for her wedding five days after my sister's wedding (the date has been set for nearly a year!). Which means my sister and her boyfriend will be on her honeymoon and I will have to go and have less back-up against my extremely loud cousin. I can see my cousin's wedding having some kind of drama in it :?

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    anyone wanna get married

I live in new york so I can get gay married too

Jars wrote: »
    anyone wanna get married

I live in new york so I can get gay married too

Nah

Can I just have a big silly party with all of my friends and family instead?

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Never.

Nope nope nope.

Nothing. Matters.
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'm about a month away from my first anniversary.

Got married-married by a judge I worked for; my wife left work an hour early, we picked up our best friends, did the courthouse thing for about half an hour, then ate pizza.

Did a big fancy dinner at a hotel the saturday after, with family and friends, 75 guests total. Best meal of my life, had a great time. Afterwards the old people went to bed, the young people hit the bars.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Oh oh, did somebody request to see a photo of my ring?

OF COURSE YOU DID!!
    citrineanddiaring003.jpg

And i'm not spoilering it because it's my ring and it's gorgeous! SO THERE!

Dress: Already bought, but I'm likely going to need to get another one, because while I love this dress to pieces and it's exactly what I was wanting, It's going to be too big come the wedding and I'm almost certainly not going to be able to get it altered. I got it 2 months ago and now, not even the boobs in a great bra are keeping it up. So that's AWESOME! but it's also GAHHHHH.

Food: BBQ! Steaks and chicken kebabs and sausages with an array of yummy salads, plus some passed appetizers. Alcohol is BYO, although we're providing toasting bubbles. Neither of us drink much so we'd rather let other handle that. They know how much.

@Infidel:: HAHAHA! Considering it's all your fault that Ecco and I met, you're damned straight you've gotta come down here.

lonelyahava on