Options

[League of Legends] : Awakening | No one suspects the butterfly

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    MF is an excellent ADC for mid ranks. You can check bushes with her E, use E to harrass an area and clear creeps when you need to push hard, her Q does some pretty nuts damage especially when the enemy support/adc are trying to all in you and it hops from support>adc because there aren't any creeps near. Her W has a pretty nice passive for trading and a pretty awesome active because it helps nerf the super heals some people like Voli and Nasus get when they come stomping out of the jungle.

The only downside I feel to MF is her ult. The damage and spread/range is amazing, really, but a stiff breeze can interrupt or. Or, hell, accidentally moving. Which I've done once or twice much to my sorrow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Honestly I just get such a kick out of landing skill shots. It is a sickness.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Halp, how do I Akali. I want to blow mans up but only seem to flail my wee ax's at them. wat do.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I've been jungling with Rengar the last couple days, and he's fun. My only issue is that most of the people I try to gank get away after taking a few hits. Can't seem to slow them down enough to get the kill, even with boots, bolas, ghost. Somehow even the squishy ones will tank it all the way to their turret.

I suppose what I'm asking is, how do I play jungle assassin right?

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Lately When I feel like playing this game, I fire it up, I play a game and win or lose I just get frustrated with the players and quit after one game most nights. Maybe I should institute a no league without drinking rule, as its only the nights I want to drink that make me be able to enjoy it it seems.

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    TheExAm wrote: »
    I've been jungling with Rengar the last couple days, and he's fun. My only issue is that most of the people I try to gank get away after taking a few hits. Can't seem to slow them down enough to get the kill, even with boots, bolas, ghost. Somehow even the squishy ones will tank it all the way to their turret.

I suppose what I'm asking is, how do I play jungle assassin right?
    Jungle Assassin needs an early snowball. Most assassins require the amount of money you require from farming a lane to straight blow people up so understand that, coming out of the jungle, you need your lanes to be able to do anything. Melee burst junglers with little/no CC like Diana, Zed, Rengar, Yi excel with lanes that have the ability to lock down an enemy like a Lux/TF mid, Jax/Renekton/Nasus top, Lulu/Thresh/Ashe/Varus/Leona bot as examples. Otherwise yes, the enemy lanes will just walk away. The alternative is to watch the map, let fights break out and swoop in for cleanup. You have to really be on the ball for that though.

Jungle assassins with stealth or great gapclosers excel at punishing bot for overextending. Bot usually gets comfortable thinking they're safe if they ward. Post-6 if the enemy bot lane is pushed to your tower you can literally ult, walk into bot and force an engagement. Unless they have a pink in the tip of the brush closest to your tower they won't see you coming.

Don't forget to cover lanes and lane tax if you need. #1 rookie jungling mistake is not taking free lane creeps. Even if the laner doesn't want you shoving their lane, if nothing's going on jumping into their lane when they've backed and just last-hitting creeps that would have died anyway is almost always better than taking a jungle camp. 3 creeps>camp. If the enemy laner was pushing and there's a huge wave and your laner just died holy shit go mop that CS up! Nothing is more infuriating than watching a jungler do wraiths while fourteen minions and a cannon die to a lane tower. You need gold and you're not going to get it from the jungle.

Edit: This is kind of an advanced thing, it helps if you understand laning and matchups a lot better but when you're coming back from base, take a look at each of your lanes as you wait for your champion to run out onto the field. Do your laners look like they need to go buy and it would help if you covered for them? Are both laners looking like they're about to scrap? Is the enemy jungler heading somewhere you can countergank them? Did bot overstay, are completely out of wards and shoved to their tower needing help? Is an enemy laner out of cooldowns or wanting to back where you can take a kill or their tower? All things you want to be looking at when you're derping in the jungle. Trust me, the wraith isn't going to juke your skillshots. Look at your lanes.

When you're ineffective early as an assassin jungler you're going to be super ineffective mid and late. It's the reverse snowball. Many assassin junglers can outright kill some enemy junglers at their second buff if you know where they started. Watch where mid came from or if top/bottom was late helping them with a buff. Then make sure your lanes will back you up if you invade or you have an escape plan if shit goes sour. If the enemy doesn't check their buff brush and you can steal it and jump them you have a huge advantage.
    Halp, how do I Akali. I want to blow mans up but only seem to flail my wee ax's at them. wat do.
    Farm until 6 and avoid engages like the plague. If they're melee harass when possible and safe to prevent them from all-inning you, usually under shroud. If they're an all-in save shroud for escapes. You need massive CS from 1-6 to be able to walk back at 6 and crush them. Back at 6 and go buy some power items (hextech revolver, hopefully) and use the 2-3 ult charges you built up to just go apeshit on them. That should take them to 40->20% if you properly used Q->R->Q->R->E or something of that nature. Now you have an advantage and if they stay in lane you get to heal up off of creeps while they nurse their wounds, once you have enough ult charges to kill them use ignite and do it. If you can't kill your laner, shove the lane out and roam to another to gank it.
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Lately When I feel like playing this game, I fire it up, I play a game and win or lose I just get frustrated with the players and quit after one game most nights. Maybe I should institute a no league without drinking rule, as its only the nights I want to drink that make me be able to enjoy it it seems.
    Try some dominion? I never feel like I'm "stuck" in a bad game because the most snowbally ones are over quickly. Plus you get to fuck around with champions. "Boy I wonder if Karma still sucks. Yes. Yes she does. Second time's the charm?.... no.... no it's not."

JAEF on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ap teemo most manly mid

look enemy in the eye then run away

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I really have to stop refreshing this thread when I'm trying to finish writing projects, I end up writing novels on here instead.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the most important thing 2 no about ap teemo is that ur team have to not be HUGE FAKIN RETARD

if ur team is huge nerd then they are like OH NO IM RUNNNIN AWAY FROM 2000 PEOPLE I BETTER NOT RUN THROUGH THAT HUGE FUCKING SHROOM FIELD AND INSTEAD JUST RUN STRAIGHT DOWN THIS EMPTY LANE

and then they die and u laff but inside u r sad because u could have had pontokoll

and then enemy sona buy oracle and u have to kill her FACE

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    @JAEF Thank you for those tips. I am starting to jungle (not even 30 yet) and I got to similar conclussions, after the first clear I visit some lanes either to gank or support a lane in trouble, and I always try to avoid lanes being pushed when the laner is away. My main problem is being at the right spot at the right time. The other junglers seem ubiquitous, but my teammates seem always to need me most when I'm right at the other end of the map.

On an unrelated topic. I love Ezreal, I really do, his kit, his look, his jokes and taunts. And I destroy bots with him but I am afraid to play him in a real game, I am under the impression that the enemies will juke everything I throw at them and destroy me. So when I'm stuck with ADC I always end up picking Ashe, which is not as cool but at least I am consistently not sucky with her.

• Options
    Manly_Teemo.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Had a terrible ranked game last night. Won lane as teemo top, but by the time I started roaming bot had already furiously fed, ~10 deaths each by 15 minutes.

Played another game, turned out I was with two people who were playing their first placement games. One was support thresh, the other jungle shaco. I went Kass mid feeling very apprehensive. Our Shaco was godlike, always in the right place for a gank, he seemed to be on every lane at once. Our Thresh was on the ball with grab dashes and ults and my only death was by ulting past someone rather than on them. At the end of the game our Shaco said "I didn't realise there was a tier like this".

Gotta say you can *really* feel having a good jungler as mid.

Antinumeric on
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @JAEF Thank you for those tips. I am starting to jungle (not even 30 yet) and I got to similar conclussions, after the first clear I visit some lanes either to gank or support a lane in trouble, and I always try to avoid lanes being pushed when the laner is away.
    Well the opposite of this is that, if a lane is already pushing (you have more creeps or ranged creeps than they do) and the enemy laner's not there, it's much better to shove the lane into the tower so the enemy laner loses CS than to let your creeps build up. Say you just ganked (and won or failed but the enemy had to back.) Shove the lane with your laner so everyone can back!
    My main problem is being at the right spot at the right time. The other junglers seem ubiquitous, but my teammates seem always to need me most when I'm right at the other end of the map.
    This never gets easier. As you jungle more, though, you'll understand how other people jungle and be ready to countergank them. Counterganking is probably the best way to turn a game around or snowball it in your favor if you know you can win the 2v2. You can't prevent your laners from losing 1v1s, but you can be there for 2v2s!

Also if your mid laner isn't warding always try to buy a ward every back or every other back and plant it in the enemy's wraith ramp. That is a very key spot for vision. Later on, dragon if your bot sucks at warding.

On an unrelated topic. I love Ezreal, I really do, his kit, his look, his jokes and taunts. And I destroy bots with him but I am afraid to play him in a real game, I am under the impression that the enemies will juke everything I throw at them and destroy me. So when I'm stuck with ADC I always end up picking Ashe, which is not as cool but at least I am consistently not sucky with her.
    The best time to fire a skillshot at someone is when they are going to autoattack a creep for a last hit. They have to complete the autoattack to get the gold, and at early levels everyone's autoattack is very slow. Position yourself to be able to fire a skillshot and fire it just as they start the autoattack. They have to decide between losing the gold and moving or eating the damage.

Another great trick with Ez is, if the enemy's offensive cooldowns are down and there's nothing close to them, E towards them and immediately Q->W->Auto and walk away. This gives all your ability damage at once, the E towards them makes it difficult to dodge and before they can think to retaliate you've already walked away.

JAEF on
  • Options
    Is there a reason people don't take nunu support? He's a complete arsehole in lane.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Is there a reason people don't take nunu support? He's a complete arsehole in lane.

Boredom.

• Options

Boredom.
    What do you mean?

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular

Boredom.
    What do you mean?
    Some people consider support Nunu's playstyle boring, and don't like the fact that he doesn't get use out of his passive in that role. It's a case of snowball, bloodboil, get some autos if you can, Consume to heal up, win trade.

I personally like it, and it's always nice to gank an ADC/Nunu lane thanks to the iceball slow and Blood Boil's move/atkspd buff. Also, Nunu zoning is pretty easy and effective, and bush-ults can be spectacular.

Any character is going to be considered boring by some people.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Oh absolutely, it's just my own personal thing against Nunu and to a lesser extent Taric.

Honestly I'm not really paying enough to know why Nunu isn't always played.

• Options
    Whereas I really like Nunu and Taric, and can't stand Soraka. :3

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    nunu is basically, press bloodboil every 15 sec and hope your carry is good. Boring as all hell. Taric is slightly better, but still boring.

• Options
    Kay wrote: »

Boredom.
    What do you mean?
    Some people consider support Nunu's playstyle boring, and don't like the fact that he doesn't get use out of his passive in that role. It's a case of snowball, bloodboil, get some autos if you can, Consume to heal up, win trade.

I personally like it, and it's always nice to gank an ADC/Nunu lane thanks to the iceball slow and Blood Boil's move/atkspd buff. Also, Nunu zoning is pretty easy and effective, and bush-ults can be spectacular.

That makes sense, I hadn't considered you couldn't use his passive. He seems quite fun and I need to learn some variety of support in case in get that role in ranked.

• Options

Boredom.
    What do you mean?

That makes sense, I hadn't considered you couldn't use his passive. He seems quite fun and I need to learn some variety of support in case in get that role in ranked.
    As people have said, Nunu is very dependent upon his ADC being good. Also, he does not transition easily into a carry to win the game if your ADC is terrible.

I honestly can't consider him boring though, as there's a lot of dancing around the creepline, zoning, and threatening their carry with snowballs. Of course, if they have sustain (Soraka, Nami, Sona) they're just going to heal it off. He's very good at turning an all-in from the enemy into a favorable trade thanks to his snowball slowing attack speed as well as movespeed, and the attack speed buff component of Blood Boil - IF your ADC attacks. I'd play him with someone like Kog'maw, Vayne, or Varus. Draven and MF could be good partners too, and in theory Ashe (constant slows, though I think that's TOO MUCH slowing). He'd suck with someone like Ezreal or Corki, who use abilities a lot and thus don't need attack speed as much.

He's like an offensive version of Taric - Taric's more defensive due to his aura buffs, hard CC and heal. Nunu's more about getting damage on their ADC, and making them irrelevant in trades thanks to dropping their attack speed drastically.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Taric is actually more offensive since he gives mad damage with shatter, and is actually a threat himself.

Nunu is just passive and boring since you level bloodboil first. The snowball is barely worth the mana to cast unless it's a trade, and if the other people are smart they don't trade with a bloodboiled carry unless they can eke a favorable position out of it. Nunu does basically nothing himself, except force movement/deal some damage with his ult.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    I find Taric to be great, as free armor aura, good burst, and a hard stun lets you play pretty aggressively with the right carry. Plus his heal, while it isnt a focus to level, targets him and the carry at the same time, which is nice.

• Options
    taric is da most sexy-spielen

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    taric is da most sexy-spielen

taricdp.png

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Oh, Taric is incredibly effective. He is just boring and utterly lacking in anything remotely resembling fun. Click carry with stun, run up to them press shatter and r if you have it.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Hey Talith is there a reason why imgur requires you to log in to see that pentakill gallery?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm sure there is one written down in their terms of service somewhere. I signed out when I uploaded it as an anonymous user so I find that strange.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Rephrased: Nunu is like an offensive-only Taric with none of his defensive capabilities.

I play Taric pretty offensively, unless I'm against Blitz, Thresh or Leona, then I have to be a little more reactive over proactive until they make a mistake and we get ahead.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Whereas I really like Nunu and Taric, and can't stand Soraka. :3

Haters aint got nothing on my starcall spam.

(Please Riot buff Soraka, please :p)

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    that feeling when it is your promotion match and someone calls support xin zhao (not a single ward all game) and the other person says "first time jax"

that feel

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    Voyboy accidentally revealing Rengar's rework was too funny

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Gammarah wrote: »
    Voyboy accidentally revealing Rengar's rework was too funny

say wha?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    What's this about Rengar re-work?

• Options
    I keep hearing that rengar was broken when he came out. How exactly was he too powerful and what did they do to nerf him?

He seems if anything a little weak at the moment.

• Options
    I keep hearing that rengar was broken when he came out. How exactly was he too powerful and what did they do to nerf him?

http://lol-patch.com/rengar.html is worth a read.

Basically they tweaked his numbers down, weakened his stealth.

He used to be able to stack giants belts and be a credible threat to carries damage wise. Can't remember who it was that REALLY brought this forwards, one of the Korean teams had a top laner that was insane to watch with him.

• Options
    He had a heal that was based on a percentage of his max health that was also a 1.0 AP AoE nuke that could be used twice in immediate succession every fifth ability cast. This meant that with Spirit Visage (MR+HP+Healing buff passive), Zhonya's, Lichbane, DFG and Deathcap he could kill everyone and never die. Early on he could do stupid damage early between the AoE nuke and his Q, which buffed his attack speed to take advantage of his impressive natural AD.

Now, I think his heal has a flat HP amount, so stacking HP can't improve it, and the 1.0 AP ratio nuke was toned down to a more acceptable level. AP Rengar is now not really 'a thing' anymore, though Malady/Nashor's/Lichbane could still do some damage.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    It's weird. I could swear his heal was flat now, but it's not mentioned in the patch notes.

But yeah, his kit was scary and had numbers that made him really strong. Now his kit is scary but the numbers don't work out to make him very strong.

Sword of the divine kitten is still mean and funny.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

It's not just boredom, his strongest support skill - blood boil - got reduced in strength and duration. If you want an attack speed steroid for your carry, Nidalee's a better choice now.

Rengar's been broken for a lot of reasons, he's seen nerfs to pretty much every part of his kit.

This discussion has been closed.