As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] : Awakening | No one suspects the butterfly

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    My god.....Nien is baserace king. I was yelling go for it while Riv and Kobe were too. That was great. =)

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    So, @Talith - what is a good rune/mastery setup for Bluezreal?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Can I just say while I think Masteries are cool and add stuff to the game runes always feel silly to me because of how default they are.

I never feel like runepages are a way of customising a characters start compared to masteries. They just seem like a 'tax' to help take IP away from buying champions.

Unless of course you actually do start using different rune pages depending on lane matchups or what you plan on building during a game.

I use all 20 of my pages, with some champions swapping between 7-8 of them based on what I expect to be matched up against or what items I plan on buying, whether I need an offensive, utility, or defensive page, etc.

Different masteries normally get selected to compliment the runepage I will be rolling with as well.

Eh, sure. If you've spent silly amounts of IP you start getting minor customisation to it. Never mind that it's still dull flat stats that don't even amount to a radical shift. Masteries are interesting, rune pages really aren't.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Here is what the Latin America server release gets with it.
    La Llarona Morgana

lallorona_article.jpg
    UTmvep7.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    Sampsen wrote: »
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    How bad of an idea would it be to use a full page of AD and attack speed runes to aid in last hitting with AD champs? Or should I only spend time in AI games to improve?

Not that good an idea. The thing is, runes are colour-coded by effectiveness. Each rune colour gives more stats within it's category, so: Reds are offensive, they give penetration (armour, magic or hybrid) and aa-enchancers (AD, aspeed, crit). Yellows are defense/regen, so armour, health and mana/health/energy regen. Blue is magic, so AP, mres, cdr. Quints are whatever you want to round out with.

Using off-role runes gives less stats than correct ones, which is why people very often go AD/Apen/aspeed reds (role dependent), Armour/flat health/ health per level yellows and AP/mres/cdr blues. That way you get the most effect out of the runes. The runes show this as well. If you buy an armour red, it will have a yellow glow around it and you can see a yellow armour rune gives more armour than the red one.

Typical ad runes are: AD reds, armour yellows, Mres/level blues and AD quints.

Lifesteal quints are much better than ad quints in most situations on AD carries I think

edit: also flat mr blues instead of per level considering the high early game magic damage of supports like lulu, sona, leona, etc.

It's not that simple. If last hitting with 62 AD is the same as lasting hitting at 69 AD for you, then lifesteal is probably better. If you need all the ad you can get at level 1 to make sure you get the last hits, go with the AD quints. Last hitting is everything for an AD carry, don't do anything to make it harder for you to do that.

It's better to just get used to the superior rune setup. The sustain from lifesteal quints can honestly singlehandedly win you a lot of lanes, or let you survive in lanes that you would otherwise lose. If you're going to switch eventually anyway (and you should because LS quints are nuts) you might as well practice with them right off the bat so that you can last hit without AD quints.

It's only superior if it helps you win games. I prefer more AD to help me last hit and have more gold.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    That morgana skin might take the place of Blackthorn. Maybe, it's a tough choice.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Here is what the Latin America server release gets with it.
    La Llarona Morgana

lallorona_article.jpg
    UTmvep7.jpg

Is that the default skin for their server?

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Skin released alongside the server launch.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Can I just say while I think Masteries are cool and add stuff to the game runes always feel silly to me because of how default they are.

I never feel like runepages are a way of customising a characters start compared to masteries. They just seem like a 'tax' to help take IP away from buying champions.

Unless of course you actually do start using different rune pages depending on lane matchups or what you plan on building during a game.

I use all 20 of my pages, with some champions swapping between 7-8 of them based on what I expect to be matched up against or what items I plan on buying, whether I need an offensive, utility, or defensive page, etc.

Different masteries normally get selected to compliment the runepage I will be rolling with as well.

Eh, sure. If you've spent silly amounts of IP you start getting minor customisation to it. Never mind that it's still dull flat stats that don't even amount to a radical shift. Masteries are interesting, rune pages really aren't.

The right runes are what let you jungle. What decides which top lane gets to snowball and really helps get you a leg up mid. I have 3 different support pages, in fact, because I may run a different support style with Cait while Draven gets my "armor in every slot but blues" page as I rock Leona because we're going to be nesting on the enemy adc.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

The higher the skill level the more important early level raw statistics make or break a lane. There is a pretty radical difference in your ability to deal with a lane when you have an extra armor page against a Pantheon or an extra MR page against a Rumble, for example.

@Kay: For Bluereal I would have to think about whether I want armor pen reds and quints, ad reds and lifesteal quints, cdr blues or MR blues. The safest page you could probably run is ad reds, ls quints, armor yellows and mr blues, but if you aren't worried about getting pushed out of lane and want more damage when you are rolling with muramana and sheen procs then I would go with the armorpen runes and the CDR.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Wow.

Will it be released on other servers at a later time?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    If the Greek Cassio skin is any indication it will go on sale for the standard skin price on NA while they get it for free.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Wow.

Will it be released on other servers at a later time?

Probably as soon as the server launches like all the other server launch promo stuff.

• Options
    MRN with the throws now.... =\

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oh man.

That was a fun game. Started off with an argument over ADC, and Top was the one left. So one of them said fine, he'll go top(I know, it's already weird). Ended up with Diana/Nid/Vayne/Sona with me on Lee Sin.

First off, Lee Sin+Diana is probably the goddamn most hilariously trolly comp of all time.

Cannot be shaken ever. Best part is when someone jukes my Q directly into Diana's Q. Dash-W EE and by the time they're away oh look both of our Qs are up again.

Secondly, I was like, half the deaths and while some were legit, some were pretty dumb.

Everyone was really nice so I just started reaming myself out in chat. And the team actually was, like, supportive. And fun. At the end of the game I was, like, happy or something.

Then we won.

EDIT: And then I got the Friendly badge

Khavall on
  • Options
    That another LCS team out and another set of challengers in.... Those picks for the last game were not that great for MRN. Mostly the Nunu, partly the Kog, and ever so slightly a Riven when the enemy top is Elise..

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    As much as I'll miss MRN, VES seems to do amazingly well and has about as many different comps as MRN does.

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a Youtube link to the MRN/VES series? I can never find the LCS stuff on youtube.

• Options
    VizardObserverVizardObserver The Duke of Ridiculous Poppycocky Registered User regular
    Super excited for azure cats vs CLG
    Cruzer for life!

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    @ElJeffe

Is this our El Jeffe? Just played an aram with him, but wasn't sure he was reading all chat.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oh my GOD Teemo Nunu and Jayce is some frustrating bullshit on TT. Although it doesn't help when our Orianna buys Athene's and AA's....

Coinage on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I just finished watching the Velocity and MRN games. Jesus christ, those are the greatest LoL games I've seen yet. I liked those more than the LCS 'big league' games.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have a Youtube link to the MRN/VES series? I can never find the LCS stuff on youtube.

@Salvation122 this is what you're looking for;

http://www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs/comments/1dymv7/s3_lcs_na_summer_season_promotion_tournament/

• Options
    Bar lol means I throw hard as Vi with Teemo against Teemo and Singed. :(

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    I decided to try playing Vayne on TT
    qFP8HGq.gif

• Options
    Looks about right.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    Finally got my damn green ribbon after an amazing game as Supportianna.

1/0/33

We had a Renekton who was basically a steam roller. I would shield him, he would dive in, and then my R/W combo... I wanted to get hima Penta so bad!

• Options
    I wish I could read what this says but I guess some jokes don't really need translation.

aJHH9CY.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Looks about right.
    The problem with blind pick is that I was hoping that they would have a team I could at least somewhat stay away from, but they were Fizz, Nocturne, and Zac, so...yeah.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Looks about right.
    The problem with blind pick is that I was hoping that they would have a team I could at least somewhat stay away from, but they were Fizz, Nocturne, and Zac, so...yeah.

I don't imagine you had Lulu and... uhh... hmm... J4 maybe? Having a hard time thinking of a comp that would allow Vayne to survive that.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Blind pick might make for a good caption for that comic.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

@Salvation122 this is what you're looking for;

http://www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs/comments/1dymv7/s3_lcs_na_summer_season_promotion_tournament/

@Rius Thanks man!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Coinage wrote: »
    Looks about right.

I don't imagine you had Lulu and... uhh... hmm... J4 maybe? Having a hard time thinking of a comp that would allow Vayne to survive that.
    We actually did have Jarvan (and Yorick). We probably could have won but we fed Fizz early and I continued to derp. And then his WQ did 3/4 of my health. roit pls

Coinage on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Gotta love winning two ranked games, then losing it all because of an afk

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    6/2 on placements thus far. Just got out of a Leona game. We had Elise and Shen. Neither who thought it was even remotely necessary to build tanky.

Thats okay. Leona got dis. Es and Qs and Rs and exhaust for everyone! Then Annie would drop a tibbers to complete the wombo combo as they stupidly collapsed on me trying to kill me. Then Cait would clean up.

Meanwhile Shen would be off jungling and Elise was... Doing whatever it is spiders do. I think she picked off fleeing people occasionally. So that was cool.

Two more to go and I can stop caring so much. Placements are just worth too much to not get all serious faced about.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I wish I could read what this says but I guess some jokes don't really need translation.

aJHH9CY.jpg
    There's a bit about Taric saying to Ezreal, "The road ahead is kinda dark, wanna come follow the support to stab down some wards?"

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    Garen yelling "Demacia!" made me crack. I'm going to be laughing at this forever.

• Options
    I'm da queen of da norf!

ZxxZE9x.jpg

wumped puny Ashe in da face I did, gots me a crown and everything.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I dived an ashe to get that in a game today. Between a fed jax and exhaust I barely failed to kill her and she became the queen instead :(.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    lazegamer wrote: »
    @ElJeffe

Is this our El Jeffe? Just played an aram with him, but wasn't sure he was reading all chat.

Nope, not me.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.