Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - Game On

• Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    Can someone tell me what episode the redraw ticket first comes up? Because I don't remember seeing it before :(.

Maki wins one in the very first challenge, in episode 2.

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
    emarecksaykay
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Can someone tell me what episode the redraw ticket first comes up? Because I don't remember seeing it before :(.
    The fax machine episode I believe.

vyQjYda.png
    5ErTbVb.png
    GethDirt410
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    Yeah, redrawing the whole strip seems way too powerful. Redrawing topics is a gamble, but seems an appropriate effect for a Chance card.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • HomersanHomersan Registered User regular
    Amy refused to vote for Katie once, even when she clearly had the best sculpture in a few scenarios. I think, like others, she is taking the game uber-seriously.

ChristopherJohntetracycloiderisingtableduddlesenderandrewDannyDontdeathbearsemarecksaykay
  • ChristopherJohnChristopherJohn Registered User regular
    Monica must blow hundreds of dollars a week on pants with the sheer number of times she shits them.

zerzhultetracycloidespillfishShpydarOddly NormalenderandrewTeeSeaJayemarecksaykay
    Homersan wrote: »
    Amy refused to vote for Katie once, even when she clearly had the best sculpture in a few scenarios. I think, like others, she is taking the game uber-seriously.
    There were no unanimous decisions (excluding the winner's vote even). I don't think that's necessarily an indicator of anything. It was a personal preference vote.

vyQjYda.png
    5ErTbVb.png
    Dirt410xdeathknightxCambiataemarecksaykay
    Monica must blow hundreds of dollars a week on pants with the sheer number of times she shits them.
    The infographic does list 47 poops on record.

vyQjYda.png
    5ErTbVb.png
    spillfishShpydarenderandrewTeeSeaJayTheSpyderfraggy
  • VerticalEventVerticalEvent Registered User regular

I don't think that was the case. Katie was getting a lot of votes - I noticed she liked to vote for Monicas pieces. She was in the back half of votes, which typically meant that, by the time it was her turn to vote, Katie had a nice few votes, so she liked to vote for other people for interesting ideas over execution.

• lefthandpunklefthandpunk Registered User regular
    Maybe the redraw is elimination immunity? Like others said. Picking a topic seems too weak and too much of a risk. Getting to redraw your comic is far too much of an advantage.

With the emphasis on it being important, and the fact that Katie was chosen twice, it has to be immunity. Graham made specific mention of her two Elimination Round bouts when she won it, and since she won both she clearly didn't need to redraw her strip or topic.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Maybe the redraw is elimination immunity? Like others said. Picking a topic seems too weak and too much of a risk. Getting to redraw your comic is far too much of an advantage.

With the emphasis on it being important, and the fact that Katie was chosen twice, it has to be immunity. Graham made specific mention of her two Elimination Round bouts when she won it, and since she won both she clearly didn't need to redraw her strip or topic.

Yeah, but if you recall it was a much tighter race on her second win in the Thunderdome. I doubt that the ticket would allow her to redraw an entire comic. But redrawing a new topic from the wastebasket could be really useful.

• xdeathknightxxdeathknightx Registered User regular
    I couldn't really hear it well but I believe Amy voted for Katie the first round. Putting the volume louder and it does really sound like Katie.
    And for the rest like @zerzhul said it comes down to taste. While I love the Maki Pineapple I was blown away by the detail in Katie's version. And with the first one I probably would have gone for Tavis or Lexxy.

• HipsterSlenderHipsterSlender ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    Love this show! Happy to see Amy finally realize she can be herself and still "win" with connections she makes, etc. I'm glad they showed Good Guy Tavis too. It's so hard to cheer with so many great artists still in it but I'm really happy Katie won today. That girl is badass

"Order! Order! Do you kids wanna be like the real U.N., or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?"
    MichyGearyemarecksaykay
  • ArenowArenow Registered User regular
    Monica has a tendency to shit on her pants.

She should get that checked.

steam_sig.png
    tetracycloideemarecksaykay
    Getting to redraw your comic is far too much of an advantage.

It's also not really feasible. They spend 90 minutes drawing a comic. That would mean that they would extend the competition for another 90 minutes to re-draw their strip. Even if they dropped that time by half-an-hour (assuming they dropped the time since they should feel they already have a better idea sketched out in their head), it would extend the elimination competition by at least another hour for everyone involved.

Can you imagine being the other person, sitting in the car for an extra hour?

• Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    The conversation at the start really makes me sad. I wish they had picked Alex or one of the other eliminated contestants. I just don't have empathy for Lexxy. For one, she really turns me off as a human being. She's an attention whore who can't take criticism. Second, she's a good enough artist to be successful on her own, and third she doesn't have a webcomic and hasn't shown any desire to make a webcomic for a living.

It would have been a lot more fun to bring back someone who really needed the show, and really wanted it. Like they suggested, Alex would have been a good choice.

"Not far below you is a large horizontal plane which proves beneficial in maximizing the exploitation of gravity."
    duddleshodumaru
  • RogjahRogjah Registered User regular
    I feel like this is very fitting for Monica. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I03UmJbK0lA

KoopahTroopahtheResetButtonFranklinBluthlawragatajarOddly NormalmrmightyEmissary42emarecksaykay
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    The redraw ticket is clearly free admittance into Season 2 of Strip Search.

... or a second go at the wastebasket.

The first part of this episode was rough. Letting Lexxy back in was clearly a curve ball for the house and for Lexxy herself. It was hard to watch the Amy parts. I hope that was her low point for the season and she started to enjoy herself afterwards.

The gender imbalance was clearly noticeable in this episode.

• LampLamp Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    and third she doesn't have a webcomic and hasn't shown any desire to make a webcomic for a living.

Um her kickstarter has raised $42,000+ in the past five days and she's already hard at work preparing her comic for launch.

Lamp on
    enderandrewLexxyCambiataAnialos
  • neonfungineonfungi Registered User regular
    @Roger Wilco
    You don't know anything about Lexxy, do you?

Lexxy
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Roger you have the worst opinions.

I will be very sad if Amy does not win this. All the feels for that young lady.

walrus.png
    HeyThereElizaMichyGearysterling3763fraggy
  • LampLamp Registered User regular
    Plot twist: Monica suffers from bowel incontinence. The comments about shitting her pants aren't jokes; they are cries for help.

Earth/MotherKoopahTroopahaheeremazerzhulspillfishSpman2099enderandrewcwDeiciTeeSeaJaypiersnicalympiTheSpyderfraggyPanda LikerAnialosAngry_Samoanemarecksaykay
  • xdeathknightxxdeathknightx Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    The redraw ticket is clearly free admittance into Season 2 of Strip Search.

... or a second go at the wastebasket.
    Graham clearly alluded that she should know what it was for, so it was a clear reference to the elimination challenge. Redrawing the entire comic would be a bit too time consuming so I think drawing another topic would be the best bet.

• AshellaAshella Registered User new member
    The episodes that don't have an elimination or elimination challenge haven't been my favorite, but I really liked this one. It was nice to see more of their social interactions. I'm becoming more and more of an Amy fan, I think she's gonna win it all.

I'm kind of surprised that no one in the house was upset that Lexxy is back. At the same time, I'm glad that Good Guy Tavis wasn't saying "I eliminated her already, get her out of here" and it was a nice time for Amy to stop meta-gaming, or else I think she'd have been the one to be opposed to it. All of the contests are such awesome people, it's easy to root for any one of them.

MichyGearyfraggy
  • WwenWwen Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    They're all so adorkable.

Also, do not change the BEARD strategy!

Wwen on
    "Freedom is on the march, but it gets winded rather quickly."
    NotaCylonemarecksaykay
  • lavonialavonia Registered User regular
    As it's all up for speculation now, I don't see how a Redraw ticket could be anything but a topic redraw.

Glad to see Katie is no longer underestimated. I like her work and will be interested to see what she's got to offer in the following challenges.

Amy's emotions this episode are something we all go through as artists. Dealing with competition. You eventually learn to put on blinders. Focus on making the best work you can without worrying about what else is going on around you.

@Roger Wilco. I disagree with pretty much everything you said about Lexxy. Think she was the stronger, she proved it with the strip she did. I'd rather see someone come back with exceptional work than less than exceptional.

MichyGeary
  • SirTwitchSirTwitch Registered User regular
    It's ridiculous how much I anticipate each new episode of Strip Search. By far my favorite web series!

• RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    time hack 14:23, someone MUST make a gif of Monica making her hands on face expression

KoopahTroopahNotaCylonemarecksaykay
  • tetracycloidetetracycloide Registered User regular
    Anyone else notice that Lexxy's original character sculpture was basically the player character from Journey?

KoopahTroopahHeyThereElizaSandrockcstmFranklinBluthcwDeiciDark Raven Xemarecksaykay
  • Aaron_OAaron_O Registered User regular
    Amy has spent the entire week trying to remain aloof from the other contestants, thinking that ultimately she would have to sacrifice them to win or vice versa. On day 5, she spent the entire night being dejected and furious that a prime competitor had returned. I think she decided that the stress was too much, that she liked these people too much, and that now that the creators were bending the rules any sacrifices she made throwing her new friends under the bus might not even win her the prize. So she stopped gaming the system and accepted that they are all in a good place.

emarecksaykay
  • djlowballerdjlowballer Registered User regular
    Amy is a loon in this episode. I get that she feels under pressure but all I see is an artist who is coming apart 4 days in. 1 elimination challenge and she is probably done.

• WwenWwen Registered User regular
    Anyone else notice that Lexxy's original character sculpture was basically the player character from Journey?
    Yes, because that was the idea?

I think having to chose losers at the start freaked her out and put her in defensive mode. I think it's obvious she was having some issues with it. YMMV.

"Freedom is on the march, but it gets winded rather quickly."
  • toaster_pimptoaster_pimp Registered User regular
    whelp.

The lexi drama - nice.

Erika / Amy friednship - cool to see.

also - Amy not a robot- awesome!

and Katie's sculpting is wicked, but...dang like they are all really freakin good at this art thing. man.

Micgeemarecksaykay
  • AurichAurich Registered User regular
    We've all scoped Amy's blog comic, right? That, combined with her showing so far, paints a fairly unhappy person (I hope that doesn't sound accusatory). What I'm saying is I'm really eager to see 'real Amy' and if she is capable of being funny.

TelGerotSandrockcstmdeathbearsfraggy
    Ashella wrote: »
    The episodes that don't have an elimination or elimination challenge haven't been my favorite, but I really liked this one.

I think the contestants have seen the pattern. Morning - light challenge, decent prize, but not really competition oriented (Fax machine, Seattle Trivia, Blind Drawing, Sculpture), afternoon - a serious challenge, related to running a webcomic empire (T-Shirt design, Interview, Twitter, Contract Work), where people will be judging you and choosing to eliminate people based on your results, Evening - fighting it out in the Thunderdome.

• Earth/MotherEarth/Mother Registered User regular
    Katie J "Capital G" Rice brings the mother f_-king ruckus again.

I liked Lexxy's tiny stylized sculptures though, I'm surprised they got so few votes.

Is anyone else excited to see Monica win a challenge? I imagine it will be like watching a child's first exposure to a clothed Santa Claus (which is the exact opposite of their first exposure to an unclothed Santa Claus.)

scrivenerjones
  • ShishuShishu Registered User new member
    I'm really gunning for Katie to win and it looks like she's really doing well!!

But the fact that they're bringing in Khoo for the next episode already makes me scared for all of them

emarecksaykay
  • MonkeyKing1969MonkeyKing1969 Library Man Cape CodRegistered User regular
    People keep saying Redraw is re-drawing from that basket. But, in most cases that is still a crap shoot...AND every other showdown is combined topic anyway. If you pull a bad topic it is a bad one BOTH have to draw half the time, if you pull a good one you are giving your opponent the same 'good; as you are receiving. (Not that the rules of this show have to make sense and not the the implications of rules have to be logical.) Nevertheless, I think Redraw is exactly what it says "You get to RE-DRAW your comics in a showdown and present it before the only two judges who matter - Mike and Jerry

As for the rest of the show. People keep talking about Amy revealing her emotions, but what about Erika? Erika said she would GIVE the prize if she one to Amy...that's huge stuff...or am I wrong.

I like all of these artists. I think all of them will do well even the ones who don't win. That seems like the take away form me...most of them already won just meeting each other.

emarecksaykay
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    First and foremost, good to see Amy breaking herself out of 'game' mode. It's easy to start metagaming. It's a hell of a lot harder to stop once you've started. And I have never seen anyone say they'd rather give the prize to one of their opponents, much less see two of them say they'd give the prize to each other.

As for the sculpting... I don't know why I fell in love with what was officially classified as Monica's "plane" but all I can think about now is what that would look like in an airline fleet.

"Mr. Wright, what was running through your mind when you came up with this design?"
    "Smash, smash, smash, oh God I can't peel it off the counter."
    "Well, good luck at Kitty Hawk."

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    SandrockcstmSpliveemarecksaykay
  • fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    I really appreciated getting to see the artists process the double elimination and Lexxy's return. We haven't had a lot of showtime devoted to them as individuals versus them as artists (if that makes sense) so it was nice to be given a window into their emotions at the time.

Watching Amy grapple with the realization that this isn't like typical reality TV and that she can't play a 'game' that doesn't exist was both hard to watch and good to see at the same time. I hadn't been quite sure what to make of her before because she WAS holding back so much in the competition. Previously what she shared with the camera was strategy, not personality. I knew she was in it to win it but now I can see that she really IS emotionally invested in this, as well.

I'm not firmly on any 'Team' yet, but I've been impressed with Katie's art from the beginning of the show and she just continues to amaze me.

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
    Homersaneaglemarecksaykay
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    So, I was smiling for this entire episode. A good change from the recent media gloomy sadness. So, thank you Strip Search for that.

This is my favorite episode so far. Lexxy's return after an interesting look into the time the other contestants have waiting for the result of the Thunderdome was well edited and executed. Amy's near breakdown with the the resolution of a fellow competitor helping her realize this game is a win-win for her no matter what was just in time for her and the show's story line. The competition portion was very fun, loved the results of these artist's clay work. Again, it shows their talent in a short time frame, imagine what each one of them could do with a proper amount of time! And, finally, the Redraw ticket shows up again. Can't wait to see it in action. What if it is Katie and Maki at the final and they have the Redraw tickets and they have a Redraw ticket standoff? I don't know what that means, but I would be pleased with that result.

Only gripe, and for next time: during the competition, the voting from the contestants should have had a rotating start so Monica wasn't starting and Maki not finishing every round.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    Seeking writers; editors; developers; researchers; accountant; marketing; social media.
    PM me to join our grassroots political news organization today! We really are doing this folks!
    Torchlight Media. Citizens. Journalists.
    ElbasunuSpiritfire