As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] Thread has expired - Find the new one

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    damn, got home from work hoping to play the free table on Pinball FX and there is no free table??? why even bother letting people download it for free if all you can do is look at the tables? seems a bit silly to me seeing as Zen Pinball on my phone came with Sorcerers Lair, guess I'll be waiting for a sale then as I have a few tables for Zen Pinball that are good fun

You can try all the tables for a few minutes even if they are locked. Just pick one and choose Single Player (Demo).

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Is the Steam version of System Shock 2 the one with the GoG style updates so it actually works?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    After 50 minutes of BIT.TRIP Runner, here's a picture to help me describe my first impressions:

672.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    rikdaly wrote: »
    damn, got home from work hoping to play the free table on Pinball FX and there is no free table??? why even bother letting people download it for free if all you can do is look at the tables? seems a bit silly to me seeing as Zen Pinball on my phone came with Sorcerers Lair, guess I'll be waiting for a sale then as I have a few tables for Zen Pinball that are good fun

You can try all the tables for a few minutes even if they are locked. Just pick one and choose Single Player (Demo).

I didn't see that option but I guess that's a little better, honestly I would have prefered if they just put the game up with 1 table for £2 and the rest as downloadable packs but I'll give the table demos a go and probably buy one of the packs anyway, I do love me some pinball

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    But seriously: Thank you very much to both of you @Rikdaly and @Elvenshae! According to my inbox, Rikdaly got there 3 minutes faster, so I'll have to decline yours, Elvenshae. But thank you. I hope you can find it a home. I suspect you will be able to. :)

There are certain games which any person with any pretension of being "a person who plays games on the PC" should play, and System Shock 2 is on that list.

And by the screenshot you posted, it would appear that @Rikdaly has not currently played SS2. Since I was too slow to help you find The Many enlightenment, this shall be remedied! :D

Also, you're welcome. :) Seriously one of my favorite games of all time.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Man that game was scary back in the day. I should invest in the steam version. Does it have the upgraded textures?

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Oookay. So, Rik already owns SS2.

Which leaves me with a conundrum.

And by "conundrum," I mean "opportunity." Bwahahah.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    :) I bought it for myself just before I sent it to @Luchaire

I'm really looking forward to playing it, just trying to install some pretties mods first

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Holy Shut Up And Take My Money, Batman, Pinball FX/Zen Pinball 2 came out!

Add Steam tag Feanor to compare the scores I don't have yet!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Just finished Metro 2033. Boy that was a great game. Except for those Amoebas. eff them.

• Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Any reason why the first System Shock is not on Steam/GOG as well? Should I skip it and start with number 2?

All I know about the game is that it's made by Looking Glass, so I'm definitely interested.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Hmm... I'm not sure really. I mean, it was published by Origin, which means that EA should have the distribution rights. It's a very old game and only runs in DOSbox, but I think Steam has released games on DOSbox, haven't they?

I've only played a little of System Shock 1 myself, it's... fairly obtuse and awkward to control at this point, but still neat.

I don't know if the Steam version of System Shock 2 has the new patch or not, but it should be easy enough to install the new patch regardless.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    So can someone do an overview of Pinball FX2? I see 6 table packs that are currently $8.99 each. How many tables per pack and which are the better packs? Also are they likely to go on sale more soon?

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Oookay. So, Rik already owns SS2.

Which leaves me with a conundrum.

And by "conundrum," I mean "opportunity." Bwahahah.

Anyone want to guess what I'm about to post? Thanks to @elvenshae for SS2!

• Options
    New Pinball players, if you have a gamepad equivalent to a console, heed my advice for controls.

Adjust the controls so that nudging the table is done with the D-pad, the flippers are exclusively on the shoulder buttons, and that manual launching is done with the right trigger. You'll never miss a Skillshot or Bangback.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Why does System Shock 1 not show up for purchase anywhere yet? I feel I cannot SS2 without the first one being played.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    System Shock is -extremely- old; like 20 years old, I want to say. ..yeah, playing it at somewhere between 9 or 11 sounds right..

It's also kinda clunky and doesn't have the charm of 2, in my opinion. >_>

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Just finished Metro 2033. Boy that was a great game. Except for those Amoebas. eff them.

Yeah, if you don't find and blow up their spawn points immediately that part is a whole world of pain.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Goddammit peoples!
    Apparently there is a secret mission statement somewhere that says to make sure that Pixie has all the games. All of them.

It's true, isn't it?

ISN'T IT?

10 minute. I go into a game for 10 minutes to check it out and emerge to find ... not one, oh no... TWO more gift messages.

@Dalantia expressed concern I might run out of games someday and dropped a preorder for Anomaly 2 in my lap. Then @an_alt tossed me a copy of Jack Keane... which I had just wishlisted like an hour ago because it looks cute.

Thank you to both of you!

I am overwhelmed. You have won, Steam Thread.

For now.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    We've got 99 pages and a new thread ain't done.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    (I already have SS2 on a CD somewhere, so nobody buy it for me. Seriously. Not why I'm posting.)
    That said, I must also confess - despite having played (and loved) SS(1), and Bioshock, and Bioshock 2... I just couldn't get past the first level, back when it was a new game and the graphics weren't that terrible yet.
    It was, as others have noted, the sound design. Tooooo creepy for me. I am weak. Only one, against the Many.

But now I am older, and so is it. Maybe I'm more seasoned for the other games I've played. Maybe the low-poly enemies and environments will be enough to dull the terror.
    But, I wonder as my mouse pointer hovers over the "ADD TO CART" button... what if it's not?

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Someone light the @TychoCelchuuu fire!

Oh wait. I just did.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    (I already have SS2 on a CD somewhere, so nobody buy it for me. Seriously. Not why I'm posting.)
    That said, I must also confess - despite having played (and loved) SS(1), and Bioshock, and Bioshock 2... I just couldn't get past the first level, back when it was a new game and the graphics weren't that terrible yet.
    It was, as others have noted, the sound design. Tooooo creepy for me. I am weak. Only one, against the Many.

But now I am older, and so is it. Maybe I'm more seasoned for the other games I've played. Maybe the low-poly enemies and environments will be enough to dull the terror.
    But, I wonder as my mouse pointer hovers over the "ADD TO CART" button... what if it's not?

It took me three months to work up the courage to engage and get past the first enemy encounter in SS2.

Three.

Months.

Just to kill one Hybrid.

(I just got frustrated with dying over and over in SS1 and stopped.)

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Looking forward to custom thread titles again. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    This showed up in the database earlier... anyone has any idea what it might be?

header_292x136.jpg
    http://steamdb.info/app/202352/

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    I got a demo for System Shock 2 on a CD in a magazine, back when that was a thing. I looked around the first room and quit.

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    BlazeFire wrote: »

Yeah, if you don't find and blow up their spawn points immediately that part is a whole world of pain.

In Ranger mode, you don't have enough ammo to do that.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    The word is that the rights for System Shock are even more screwed up than the rights for System Shock 2. It's unlikely we will ever see it for sale, although that was said about System Shock 2 as well.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular

header_292x136.jpg

Oh god. I will not have the willpower.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    I thought Pinball FX 2 was a Windows 8 Exclusive.

I guess Microsoft figured out the way the wind was blowing.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Bit Trip looks fun

So many fun things

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Incindium wrote: »
    So can someone do an overview of Pinball FX2? I see 6 table packs that are currently $8.99 each. How many tables per pack and which are the better packs? Also are they likely to go on sale more soon?

All the packs except for the Star Wars Pack come with 4 tables (Star Wars comes with 3).

My top two recommends are the Marvel Pinball Original Pack and the FX2 Core Pack. Nice variety of tables and I very much enjoy each one.

After that it's a toss up between Zen Classics, Avengers Chronicles and Vengeance and Virtue. Those packs all have good tables, but the ratio in each pack is about one phenomenal table, one good table, one mediocre table, and 1 crappy table.

I haven't played the Star Wars Pack yet, so I can't comment.

Later down the road when singles are released pick up Captain America, Excalibur, Earth Defense Force,
    Mars and Epic Quest. Try out Paranormal and Sorcerer's Lair to see if it's your thing.

Edit: They'll probably get a 50% off sale during summer.

@Cantido. Get me a link to your Steam profile. There are too many Faenor's to choose from on Steam.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I love how most of the posts in here either have an agree or an awesome under it.

You are all such awesome people, I feel honored to call myself an occasional poster/frequent lurker.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    It's been weird being without reliable internet for the last week, Steam Thread. I've actually been playing my DS! And on it, a JRPG! Dragon Quest IV. Good times.

But tomorrow night I will return home to reliable internet. I have to wonder if I'll find the draw of Steam to be too strong, or if I can finally get through DQIV. I started playing it about two years ago and didn't touch it again until this past weekend. And if I do finish it, will I play through parts 5-9, which I have also owned for years?

No, chances are I'll just play Anomaly 2 when it comes out next week, followed by whatever else I'm in the middle of on Steam.

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @Icemopper I actually do agree, but the temptation was also there just because you said.

In relation to Steam, sort of: CK2. Intend to play for an hour, but stay to play far more. Bloody politics simulator.

The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Icemopper wrote: »
    I love how most of the posts in here either have an agree or an awesome under it.

You are all such awesome people, I feel honored to call myself an occasional poster/frequent lurker.

Good thing they removed the "Disagree" button. Now we can only agree to disagree. And the world is a better place because of it!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular

header_292x136.jpg

Steam CCG

Big Isy gifted Poker Night 2!

It was super effective!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    We have a Pinball FX 2 thread over here where you can ask the veterans questions about how to pinball it up.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular

header_292x136.jpg

Please let it be for a MTG game

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Too many good deals on the internet, man.

I actually have a backlog these days now that I've started to invest in PC gaming.

Already piling up quite a few games I'm not going to be able to get around to for a few months. It feels sooo good.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
This discussion has been closed.