As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] is Waiting

DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tieAhhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
edited April 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
[chat], there comes a time when even a strong, well-dressed man must admit defeat.

It has been a long time since we broke up and you left me standing in the rain outside of your condo. As I walked home that evening, it never would have crossed my mind that four years from now you would not have returned to me, that you would have nearly gotten married, that you would not even receive one of my phone calls. Or my letters, text messages, faxes, or instant messages.

Four years ago this would have been inconceivable that you, my one true [chat], could have stayed away from me for this long. Do you not remember how it once was? We were like two love prospectors who discovered richer and richer veins of pure ecstasy. We would bump and grind in the dimly lit tunnels as shining white donkeys would carry wagons of our love to be washed off and then smelted down into fine pieces of jewelry, which I would place on your naked chocolate body while you slept. When you awoke, we would freak again.
How could a love this sexy end? After many long nights in my round circular bed wondering, and long days looking at myself in my large oval mirror, I have come to the realization that we may never do the nasty again.

Damn.

I just wanted to use this opportunity to say that no matter what happens in my life or what happens I will be here, waiting for you. Even if I am married, living in the suburbs with three children, if you were to send me a note saying "Let's give it another chance" I would immediately abandon my life, rent out my old penthouse apartment, take my clothes out of storage, and immediately start creating a sumptuous dinner or breakfast for me to feed you, depending on the time of the day it was. That is what you mean to me.
I would, at this point, like to ask any women that I am currently dating to stop reading this column.

So, [chat], if you doubt that I no longer love you, I ask you to remove that doubt, for this love is deep. Too deep to fade by the mere passage of time. If you worry about how you have treated me in the past, which, I think we both can admit, was cold, I would say that having you back in my arms was worth the pain and torment I have endured by your absence. If you worry that we will no longer be physically compatible, that somehow we will no longer be able to light the fuse of the atom bomb that is our sexuality, I have to say, you know that not to be true.

While a small sliver of hope will always remain inside of me, Deebaser has come to the hard understanding that you are not coming back to me. It is like a part of Deebaser has died and, for this part, he has begun to grieve. I am not certain of which stage of the mourning process it is that one begins making lists, but Deebaser has begun making them. I now present to you Deebaser's Happiest Memories Of When We Were Together:

#5: That time I broke you off nasty outside of that club.
#4: Making love until the dawn on Christmas morning.
#3: The night you invited your friend Cherise into our bedroom and I then hand-fed both of you the succulent berries before getting freaky with both of you in my whirlpool.
#2: The many nights you rode my pony until I couldn't take it anymore.
#1: Waking up before you, and just holding you in my arms until you woke up and then hitting you doggy-style until you lost your mind.

That is only one list of many. I have many complex emotions to work though. And while my hair remains impeccable and my clothes are fresh, the feelings that lie beneath Deebaser's surface roil like a volcano waiting for you to calm the tempest by saying those three little words; "I need you." If you were to add the words "now" or "right here on the floor" I would have no problem with that.
Even if you are not interested in once again contacting Deebaser, arranging a time to meet, getting picked up in fine white automobile, dancing all night at a popular nightspot, enjoying a late dinner before being loved so hard and long you will think your heart may explode from pure 100 percent uncut pleasure, I will accept this. It has taken Deebaser a long time and many heart-to-heart talks with my main man, Darnell, but I have come to grips with the situation.

What Deebaser would like you to understand is this: No matter where you are or who you are with, there is a man who smells of exotic lotions who loves you and wants you to be happy. And if you are ever need another taste, Deebaser will always be here, ready to break you off some.
Deebaser out.

90.jpg

Sarks, Im done waiting for you.

Deebaser on

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Good god what is this shit

I don't even want the TL;DR

Still, better than a Sarks chat

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    @IcyLiquid the way Geth chooses who should recycle a thread has way too wide of a time allowance. It seems to love picking people who stopped posting 15-20 minutes ago.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Ronya - Explain the economic theories most often subscribed to be dogs.

@spacekungfuman
    Humans are notorious for our dislike of injustice. It rankles us to see others being rewarded or penalised unfairly. We not only have the capacity to recognise when someone else is being rewarded beyond their efforts, but the inclination to punish them for it, often at personal expense. But other species behave in the same way – recent studies have found that capuchin monkeys and chimpanzees also have the ability to compare their payoffs and efforts to those of their peers, and they too frown on unequal rewards. ...

Together with colleagues from Austria, Range compared the reactions of pairs of dogs as they were rewarded with food for giving their paws to a human partner. When both dogs were rewarded with a piece of dark bread, both offered their paws for the vast majority of 30 trials. But if one was rewarded and the other not, the spurned animal stopped cooperating at some point and on average, they only offered their paw in two-thirds of the trials. They were also visibly more distressed, scratching themselves, yawning and avoiding the gazes of their partners. And when they did play along, they did so more hesitantly, making Range ask for their paws more often before they gave in.

i-5780e50567a89b6c4af9cd27753d5f29-Dogsreward.jpg

Their behaviour didn’t change simply because they weren’t being remunerated. If the dogs were tested alone, they took much longer to stop cooperating when the rewards stopped coming than they did in the presence of another dog, and they showed fewer signs of stress.

So they clearly value equality, but only to a certain extent. Range found that they weren’t sensitive to the quality of their reward or to the efforts they went through to receive it. If one dog was given dark bread while the other was given a much more delectable piece of sausage, neither refused their paws. Likewise, both animals continued to cooperate as long as they both received food, even if one didn’t have to stick its paw out for it.

Monkeys react differently. They care about the quality of the food they are offered rather than just its presence and they will react negatively if a peer is given a much tastier morsel, like a grape instead of a slice of cucumber. Do dogs think in a fundamentally different way? Range believes that the question is too difficult for these results to answer fully. Certainly, the owners of all the dogs in the study confirmed that their pets would normally work harder for a sausage than a piece of bread. ...

Range also found that the dogs were only sensitive to unfair situations where they lost out. Those that were given food never rejected it, even if their partners got nothing. Monkeys, on the other hand, will sometimes reject food if other monkeys receive none, paying a cost to maintain an even standing with their neighbours. Humans, of course, do the same.

src

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I'm thinking about making a risotto for my wife tonight. She was the victim of an unexpected surgery after a dentist appointment this morning and had to have three wisdom teeth removed.

She has done nothing but sleep since she's been home, but the last thing she said before passing out in the car is, "I'm so hungry . . . ."

Well, it was more, "Amb thow humkbreh."

Maybe what she was saying was "Have some homebrew..."

ie she wants some beer

My wife worked in the oldest pub in England for four years. She knows a lot about beer, but doesn't like any of it.

She's the same way with wine. Her palette could enable her to be the world's first wine-hating master sommelier.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Good god what is this shit

I don't even want the TL;DR

Still, better than a Sarks chat

I don't even want to know how he would fuck up the brackets this time.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I just got a notification that someone in here wants to be permanently responsible for new threads?

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I'm thinking about making a risotto for my wife tonight. She was the victim of an unexpected surgery after a dentist appointment this morning and had to have three wisdom teeth removed.

She has done nothing but sleep since she's been home, but the last thing she said before passing out in the car is, "I'm so hungry . . . ."

ie she wants some beer

My wife worked in the oldest pub in England for four years. She knows a lot about beer, but doesn't like any of it.

She's the same way with wine. Her palette could enable her to be the world's first wine-hating master sommelier.

Lol, which oldest pub in England was this? There are a few you know! I've been to several in the last year or so

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Elki's parting comment has successfully put a song in my head.

It's a dead man's party
    Who could ask for more?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    I just got a notification that someone in here wants to be permanently responsible for new threads?

Hahaha, yes, do it. Wait.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Truf.

• Options

You mean that has to be done manually?

I figured it was just a select statement with a WHERE clause using a rather large value for the time restraint.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Oh god, don't punish the rest of us.

[Chat] after [Chat] about obscure ephemera from the ancient world, nary a comic book, 80s movie, or boob in sight...

*shiver*

[Chat] is too much power for one man.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    also, yes. Make me make all future chat threads.

If I am not online no one else needs to be chattin'.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Continuing from last thread:

Alright I think I've identified whos office I need to go bitch at. My university no longer has an ombudsman, but the dean of students sounds like the right office?

Anyway summary of complaints:

-Teacher herself has cancelled class for personal problems on two occasions, does not allow students this exception
    -Zero tolerance attendance policies violate the school's mission
    -25% of total grade for being a few minutes late seems like an excessive punishment
    -Teacher ridiculed one of the students for pleading with her in front of other students, is very unprofessional
    -If this is what I can expect from future classes I'm dropping out after this semester (this isn't supposed to be a threat, it's just a fact, there are 2 other slightly better universities within driving distance and at least at the moment my GPA is more than high enough to get in both of them)

Instead of e-mailing I want to go in person, because in my last me vs faculty college dispute nothing got solved until I showed up in someone's office and refused to leave until results happened

Good idea y/n

• Options
    edited April 2013
    also, yes. Make me make all future chat threads.

If I am not online no one else needs to be chattin'.

All chat needs to be about board games or ancient history in the Eastern Mediterranean, dagnabit

edit - what AMFAE said

Kalkino on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

ie she wants some beer

The Trip to Jerusalem?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Hmm, Chrome updates. They be moving where my apps launch from.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    japan wrote: »

ie she wants some beer

The Trip to Jerusalem?

Haha yes, I was thinking the same. Bogart and Mrs Bogart took me there on Saturday. I quite liked it.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Also it looks like we got a brand new dean of students, so she's unlikely to be buds with my professor (as I know the head of the english department is, so complaining that route would get me nothing but grief)

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    OK, so the dude in the SF office is being super-duper territorial about his corporate zipcar discount, so the heck with him, I'm going to make my own East Coast zipcar discount program.

I just reached out to the admin for the approval to create/spend seventy five whole dollars to set it up.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Oh god, don't punish the rest of us.

[Chat] after [Chat] about obscure ephemera from the ancient world, nary a comic book, 80s movie, or boob in sight...

*shiver*

[Chat] is too much power for one man.

One [chat] to rule them all

• Options
    Awww, about 1000 Australian couples have apparently indicated they will travel to NZ to be married, now that they can. I don't think though the Australians will recognise the wedding though. Nice gesture though, shaming their country

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/8564353/Wave-of-Aussie-couples-to-tie-the-knot-in-NZ

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Continuing from last thread:

Alright I think I've identified whos office I need to go bitch at. My university no longer has an ombudsman, but the dean of students sounds like the right office?

Anyway summary of complaints:

-Teacher herself has cancelled class for personal problems on two occasions, does not allow students this exception
    -Zero tolerance attendance policies violate the school's mission
    -25% of total grade for being a few minutes late seems like an excessive punishment
    -Teacher ridiculed one of the students for pleading with her in front of other students, is very unprofessional
    -If this is what I can expect from future classes I'm dropping out after this semester (this isn't supposed to be a threat, it's just a fact, there are 2 other slightly better universities within driving distance and at least at the moment my GPA is more than high enough to get in both of them)

Instead of e-mailing I want to go in person, because in my last me vs faculty college dispute nothing got solved until I showed up in someone's office and refused to leave until results happened

Good idea y/n

This is exactly what the Dean of Students is there for. Send an e-mail first and then follow up a couple days later in person.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Put me in charge of all [chat] threads. You will always just get this image:

Rich-cat-13500467688.jpeg

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Today went well; got my stuff handed in and I believe I did well on the test.. getting closer to the end of this mountain of projects...

488W936.png
  • Options
    I would be happy with a chat that was always dwelling on the topic of coffee, beer, why cigarettes are silly, freshly baked bread and how many turned up bottle caps press-ups we can each do while someone sits on our back eating grilled cheese sandwiches

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    If I were lord of every chat thread, you would all get more than you deserve.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I would be happy with a chat that was always dwelling on the topic of coffee, beer, why cigarettes are silly, freshly baked bread and how many turned up bottle caps press-ups we can each do while someone sits on our back eating grilled cheese sandwiches

Not enough sexual tension and righteous indignation.

488W936.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    OK, so the dude in the SF office is being super-duper territorial about his corporate zipcar discount, so the heck with him, I'm going to make my own East Coast zipcar discount program.

I just reached out to the admin for the approval to create/spend seventy five whole dollars to set it up.

I always suspected you guys were hiding some kind of money press.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    ugh i feel so shitty about this interview

i'm going to be miserable forever and i have nothing to blame but my own incompetence

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    What else should I put in my burrios?.

I have rice and beans and spinach and cheese and flour tortillas and sour cream.

Wish I had some tomatoes.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »

Not enough sexual tension and righteous indignation.

That is what she/your mother said last night. We were discussing slut shaming you see. Well, she was discussing, I was shaming. Anyway, long story short, I agree with you

• Options
    165455_475974509142532_1716065025_n.jpg

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    so i just sold a hundred and fifty pounds of RPG books

• Options

I have rice and beans and spinach and cheese and flour tortillas and sour cream.

Get rid of the sour cream

Put roasted peppers and caramelized onions

• Options
    Pony wrote: »
    so i just sold a hundred and fifty pounds of RPG books

how much

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Get rid of the sour cream

Put roasted peppers and caramelized onions

Really, just scrap the burrito and eat some roasted peppers and caramelized onions.

This discussion has been closed.