Options

[Soul Sacrifice] - Out now in stores and on PSN!

1234568»

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    An interview with Inafune went up this morning and it has 4 codes for limited edition Offerings. At present the last 2 codes are broken but the first 2 worked fine and Sony says they're working on the last 2. Check it out!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/10/soul-sacrifice-a-sacrificial-qa-with-keiji-inafune/#comments

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thank you for the heads up.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The last two are now working. The SOE employee also noted they're limited quantities(didn't say how many), so grab them quick.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    OP's been updated with that DLC news and codes for the Offerings. If I'm missing anyone's username from the OP, just send me a message!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'll post my PSN later, I just got this

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So I've been playing the demo and the game is awesome so far but I feel like I've done a decent amount of stuff in the demo and I was wondering if when I get the full game it will just add the rest of the game and I'll be set or will I have to start over completely?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    So I've been playing the demo and the game is awesome so far but I feel like I've done a decent amount of stuff in the demo and I was wondering if when I get the full game it will just add the rest of the game and I'll be set or will I have to start over completely?

Your save carries over from the demo to the retail/PSN release.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    So, what's up with the ending?
    More specifically, the narration. It certainly seems, well, rather positive, considering the tone of the game in everything else is, "You're fucked, your mom is fucked, the people who screwed you over are fucked. Your camel is fucked. The guy who kills your monster form is probably fucked. Etc."

The two endings are you either save Magusar and he ends up being bad anyways, or you kill him and turn into Magusar again. And yet the narration is, "Well, there's always hope."

It just seems like, I dunno, someone else wrote it or something. It's really jarring."

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    So, what's up with the ending?
    More specifically, the narration. It certainly seems, well, rather positive, considering the tone of the game in everything else is, "You're fucked, your mom is fucked, the people who screwed you over are fucked. Your camel is fucked. The guy who kills your monster form is probably fucked. Etc."

The two endings are you either save Magusar and he ends up being bad anyways, or you kill him and turn into Magusar again. And yet the narration is, "Well, there's always hope."

It just seems like, I dunno, someone else wrote it or something. It's really jarring."
    Basically, as long as there is a cycle, there's a chance to break it - and since you have all this knowledge now, there's a better chance. That's just about as good as it gets.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Ehhh
    despite the general grimdarkness, the game is full of those sorts of silver linings. Pretty much all of the sorceror side quests end on a happyish note if I remember correctly.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Woah, difficulty spike. Just got to the second arc in Inside Avalon with the two Jack o' lanterns and my allies just keep dying left and right. Hell, if they did a better job of not dying, I could probably do the whole thing without getting hit, but rezzing them tends to result in eating some major damage combos but not having them is also a pain when trying to get my spells back.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Worth noting that bringing allies increases the health of monsters

You may be better off running solo

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Interesting, I may actually try that then. Though I do also want to max out all affinities. Maybe on the weaker monsters then.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That low rank Gemini Jack OL is actually the pact I used to get my Unscathed trophy

They're really easy to avoid, and with a shield you can usually bunch them up together to freeze them both at once

• Options
    AI allies honestly seem to almost always be worse than nothing. The monster HP increase isn't worth their DPS output, particularly as they are really bad at avoiding the high visibility, high damage attacks, like Cerebus lightning or Cerebus jump.

Also, for anyone with a more balanced build, this game scales defense pretty oddly. I'm 32/68, and if I had an element appropriate armor up, I basically don't even care if I get hit. OTOH, if my armor falls off, any big attacks are a one hit kill. Really weird swing right there. It's to the point where unless I'm 100% sure I have enough duration on my armor, I'll actually stand right in the path of Cerebus lightning to recast the armor rather than try to dodge it.

Thirdly, the game is trolling me really hard. Did Cerebus about 15 times in a row and ended up with 12 LE, 3 LE++, and not a single LE+ ever. Of course, for every boss that I want a SE++, I cannot get one to drop. :-/

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I really should start using the armors more, some monsters have fairly annoying pattern to avoid if you want to attack them.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    I really should start using the armors more, some monsters have fairly annoying pattern to avoid if you want to attack them.

The armors are hilariously OP. From one hit kill to less than a single healing spell's damage. And you can recast them before they wear off. And the effect applies before the animation is finished, so you cannot be knocked out of it / suffer full damage ever if you don't let it expire.

I have the majority of Avalon IX and X done. Avoiding Double Illecebra till later, because it is fucking awful.

Also, Gryphon + Phoenix is also super awful. Ever wanted to spend, without exaggeration, 5 minutes on the ground? Well, you're in luck, my friends. Got it second time, but holy hell.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Those combos sound... awful.

I'm annoyed enough by the... valkyrie is it? flying bastard anyway. Not had nearly enough time to spend on the game, so have unlocked the first gryphon but not fought it yet. Double ilecebra sounds... horrible.

• Options
    The Centaur/Cyclops combo is the first Gemini that I am unable to beat on my own. I will try some armor tonight, it's been pretty easy up until now so I never bothered.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Geminis are the one setup that I will bring allies for. I take two allies with the big big healing spells(i.e. slime ooze) and let them screw around with one of the bosses while I fight the other. They usually last long enough for for me to kill one and move to the other one.

Unless it's Gemini Illecebra. In which case, yeah may as well leave them at home.

• Options
    The timed missions in Forgotten Pacts were invented by terrorists.

Oh, you want me to beat a high tier, high HP archfiend in 5 minutes? And that archfiend will spend about 1 minute of that completely invulnerable (Siren burrow, Phoenix burnout)? And I have to complete the sacrifice entirely before time runs out? Oh...

3 failures during the sacrifice process thus far. One of which was on Siren with the 150% ATT hand equipped...

Though, speaking of which, I strongly suggest grabbing SE+ and LE+ from Cerebus, because a few missions are special condition, "Do not get hit," so you effectively have 1 HP anyways, and thus there is no reason not to run the best ATT boost in the game.

I've kinda run out of non-stressful content, having only duo Illecebra and a handful of Forgotten to go. I'm going to go farm some of the status effect ailment sigils, I think.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    That last story fight is no joke. Yeesh. I think I need to buckle down and do online stuff for a while.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr