Options

/!\ MY GIRLFRIEND /!\ (or boyfriend)

12467101

Posts

  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    I hate going on dates

    at least in the 'getting to know each other' part of a relationship.

    that's the best part!

    ack no way

    I mean I've been with my gf long enough that my perspective has skewed and this sounds alien to me now

    but that sure isn't my best part

    I like all the parts after that way more

    I really love meeting new people and getting to know them! i guess i just enjoy making new connections with people that i didn't even know existed the previous day.

    i'm married now anyway, so

    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    I'm so lonely

    If crwth can do it there is hope for everyone

    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    How could I ever want to distance myself from you guys?!
    tynic wrote: »
    PS if I drive up north some time can I come over for afternoon tea?

    Er yeah you bet you can!!

  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    I'm so lonely

    If crwth can do it there is hope for everyone
    hey...

    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Yukira wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    I met my wife at the lunch table in high school and we started dating that following summer.

    I got her hooked on EverQuest and she's been playing MMOs and other games with me since.

    @Sier is a pretty awesome and patient lady.

    that's like how those Russian mobster types get women addicted to heroin, and turn them into hookers

    you monster

    Can't help it if I know what the lady likes.

    yeah, that's exactly what Ilya said after he jabbed the needle into his 8th hooker-in-training

    KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    How could I ever want to distance myself from you guys?!

    We're just that charming.

  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    I'm so lonely

    If crwth can do it there is hope for everyone
    hey...

    hey

    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    6 and a half months so far, she's a Londoner and I'm at University on the South Coast. But I'm out of Uni in about two months, and planning to try and nail a job in London, so that should make things a bit easier.

    She gave me an excuse to sit down and watch all of Archer, so that was pretty cool.

  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    I met my wife at the lunch table in high school and we started dating that following summer.

    I got her hooked on EverQuest and she's been playing MMOs and other games with me since.

    @Sier is a pretty awesome and patient lady.

    that's like how those Russian mobster types get women addicted to heroin, and turn them into hookers

    you monster

    Can't help it if I know what the lady likes.

    yeah, that's exactly what Ilya said after he jabbed the needle into his 8th hooker-in-training

    Good thing I've stuck with the same lady.

  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Is anyone else annoyed by the phrase "my beau" when someone is talking about their boyfriend?

  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    How could I ever want to distance myself from you guys?!

    We're just that charming.

    Speak for myself

  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I'm preeeeeetty sure its the turn of the Northern forumers (Norumers?) to come down South for a change. Going up north is hella pricey.

  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    i was being ironic

    i think

    i have no clue why i used the word

    i said hoagie the other day and i was like "wow i have never used that word before"

  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    I'm so lonely

    If crwth can do it there is hope for everyone
    hey...

    hey

    i'm gonna mess you up pal

    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Is anyone else annoyed by the phrase "my beau" when someone is talking about their boyfriend?

    I have literally never heard of this.

  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Is anyone else annoyed by the phrase "my beau" when someone is talking about their boyfriend?

    Nope, that's what it is.

  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Is anyone else annoyed by the phrase "my beau" when someone is talking about their boyfriend?

    I don't know, my gal is from the South so if she said it I'm sure I'd just find it charming and cute.

    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    I'm preeeeeetty sure its the turn of the Northern forumers (Norumers?) to come down South for a change. Going up north is hella pricey.

    But it is so expensiveeeeee!

    Why is everything so expensive full stop? Bloody annoying.

  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Is anyone else annoyed by the phrase "my beau" when someone is talking about their boyfriend?

    I have literally never heard of this.

    It was something I'd only heard in like TV shows or films (somewhere, can't remember specifics), and then the other day one of my friends is suddenly going, "MY BEAU, MY BEAU, MY BEAU." She'd never used the word before for previous boyfriends.

  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Enc wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Is anyone else annoyed by the phrase "my beau" when someone is talking about their boyfriend?

    I have literally never heard of this.

    It was something I'd only heard in like TV shows or films (somewhere, can't remember specifics), and then the other day one of my friends is suddenly going, "MY BEAU, MY BEAU, MY BEAU." She'd never used the word before for previous boyfriends.

    maybe their new boyfriend uses the word

    language be contagious, yo

    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Is anyone else annoyed by the phrase "my beau" when someone is talking about their boyfriend?

    I don't know, my gal is from the South so if she said it I'm sure I'd just find it charming and cute.

    I don't think it's rooted in "good ol' country livin' " upbringing.

  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    I hate going on dates

    at least in the 'getting to know each other' part of a relationship.

    that's the best part!

    ack no way

    I mean I've been with my gf long enough that my perspective has skewed and this sounds alien to me now

    but that sure isn't my best part

    I like all the parts after that way more

    I really love meeting new people and getting to know them! i guess i just enjoy making new connections with people that i didn't even know existed the previous day.

    i'm married now anyway, so

    yeah, I totally get why some people dig it

    I, however, am shy

    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Girl I'd never turn my back on you
    cause you my Boo
    Mario taught me that shit

  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    @crwth 's gal kate is super nice


    oh I guess I got a lady too

  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    she's okay

  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I wish I was clever with pet / nicknames.

  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    my last girlfriend dumped me via email for reasons I dont know and hasnt paid me for the work i did for her book cover
    ive forgot what its like to have someone thats interested in you

    farts

    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I've used hoagie all my life, you calling me a weirdo

    Do not have a cow, mortal.

    c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Because you'd be right about that

    Do not have a cow, mortal.

    c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Always call them subs so you be like DIVE! DIVE!

    Weaver on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Berk :(

  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Portsmouth to Edinburgh - Cheapest: £150

    Feckin' Trains

  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    The sandwich, unless your other sub is into hard naval reenactment

  • Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    I am over the moon for an incredibly striking Irish woman whose love and support has legitimately kicked my life back into gear after having been stalled out for so long

    It's been just over eighteen months and there's a chance she'll be living state side by year's end

    You dirtbag, didn't even credit me!

  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Berk wrote: »
    my last girlfriend dumped me via email for reasons I dont know and hasnt paid me for the work i did for her book cover
    ive forgot what its like to have someone thats interested in you

    farts

    that is awful

    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Oh hey.

    I have one of those things listed in the title of the thread. And this one isn't a sociopathic cunt, so..you know...kudos to me!
    73365_10100936880016749_1755978158_n.jpg

    17384_10100936879906969_832752044_n.jpg

    It's long distance with her being in FL and all that, so that kinda sucks. But we've been good about seeing each other once a month, usually. Sometimes more.

    The story is that we actually knew each other in elementary and middle school. Had 4th grade together and then she moved away at the end of 7th. Fast forward to about two years ago when she friended me on FB. Chatted a bit, nothing huge. Then chatted more, etc. Then I ended up in Orlando for a Star Wars convention for work and "hey, you want to hang out?" She drove the 3.5 hours and yep...that was pretty much it.

    Got her into playing Portal so we could do the co-op.
    Send her recipes and we cook the same thing via skype.
    Watch movies together with them generally pretty close to synced up.

    We've been to Tampa, North Carolina, Valentine's Day in NYC, and visited our 4th grade teacher. She's coming to SDCC with me and then we're driving into Mexico for a few days afterwards.

    Right now? It's pretty awesome. There are some serious fundamental differences that we have that will likely cause a bit of strife later, but I'm not worried about it for now. After all the past bullshit of last year and the last relationship I had it's kinda nice to be able to chill with someone who actually gives a rats ass about me.

    Also, seriously, look at her. I'm so far out of my league on this one it's staggering.

  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Portsmouth to Edinburgh - Cheapest: £150

    Feckin' Trains

    Feck indeed, thats ridiculous!

  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I do not currently have a significant other, but I am asking a friend to prom with a note in the back of a book I am currently lending her.

    I think it'll work.

    Maybe?

    Let's hope.

  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Is anyone else annoyed by the phrase "my beau" when someone is talking about their boyfriend?

    I don't know, my gal is from the South so if she said it I'm sure I'd just find it charming and cute.

    I don't think it's rooted in "good ol' country livin' " upbringing.

    I guess not, but in my mind that's where I see it getting used. With a Southern drawl.

    It's apparently French!

    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    berk that girl is a straight up snake and you deserve better

    yo universe cut my boy a break

    he's real good

    EzUAYcn.png
This discussion has been closed.