Options

SE++ Microcraft: 1.8 Update is Live! Inventory search function now powered by Bing!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Hell I might just run one of these myself someday, now that the City idea has fallen through

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    This development is reportedly inspired by Puebo structures. Which is cool, but only if we get sideways fence to complete it.

Although sideways fence would be a much more appreciated feature than adobe blocks.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    DIRT 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    nah it's the shit mod, jeb liked it so much he's incorporating it into vanilla

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LTklDaZ61AA
    People are cray
    Edit: Oh shit, apparently the tropical island map I posted last page is compatible with Feed the Beast. That would be an absolute blast

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Archipelago maps are ideal for factional/economy play.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    That video is completely bonkers.

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Mud house! Thatch roof! Dirt and clay yard! Color-washed plank walls!

Wait... this is going to be just like the scary wood lots behind my school as a kid, isn't it?

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Archipelago maps are ideal for factional/economy play.

That would be interesting enough to draw me back to MC, I would admit.

• Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    New snapshot and 1.5.2 pre-release!

That is one ugly sunovablock.

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    it doesn't seem so bad to me

• Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    FINALLY they made deserts more deserty.
    what

• Options
    I think pond generation was disabled in deserts. Currently deserts have probably the largest quantity of ponds of any biome. Less hot arid desert and more sandy swamp.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    I think pond generation was disabled in deserts. Currently deserts have probably the largest quantity of ponds of any biome. Less hot arid desert and more sandy swamp.
    they're similar to plains in that regard

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Cracked is one of those awful internet places I enjoy reading. It's fun to read but it backs up basically nothing it writes about. Apparently, Donald Duck invented Minecraft in 1949.
    http://www.cracked.com/article_20379_5-important-things-you-wont-believe-comic-books-invented.html

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ive got the boreds. Anyone interested in playing on a custom terrain map?

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Jens Bergensten ‏@jeb_ 16s
    Horses in Minecraft will be considerably more hardcore to obtain. Equipment is now only found in dungeons, but we've added more chests too

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Considering I have never found a dungeon, that sucks

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Dungeons spawn in a circle approximately 600-1200 from spawn, so it's easy to track them down in theory.

Hard part is when your map (like Haven) has been moved off the initial spawn location, which makes the likelihood of a dungeon spawning in the part of that circle actually within the boundaries incredibly small. Have's center point is near the north boundary of the map, making almost 2/3rds of the possible locations outside the area of possibility.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Dungeons spawn in a circle approximately 600-1200 from spawn, so it's easy to track them down in theory.

Hard part is when your map (like Haven) has been moved off the initial spawn location, which makes the likelihood of a dungeon spawning in the part of that circle actually within the boundaries incredibly small. Have's center point is near the north boundary of the map, making almost 2/3rds of the possible locations outside the area of possibility.

I think you mean Strongholds, kind sir. Dungeons are fairly common throughout the map, as a source of mossy cobble, saddles, and grinders. :)

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Are those called dungeons? I always called just called them grinders.

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    ITT: Enc fails at basic mc jargon, tut tut

Junpei on
  • Options
    Whelp, if the jargon is the only thing in MC i failed at

I can be happy with that. :P

• Options
    I was being generous ; )

• Options
    I need to build some serious IC2 stuff in my FTB LP, been slacking on that for a bit too long.

• Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    nuka wrote: »
    Horses in Minecraft will be considerably more hardcore to obtain. Equipment is now only found in dungeons, but we've added more chests too

Sounds like they're just replacing the old stuff that was "dungeon only" (cocoa beans and saddles) with the horse stuff. People still found enough of that, but would a previously undiscovered chunk on our map update to the new loot table? Or would horse items not show up unless the chunks were cut and regenerated like the nether was?

• Options
    Firematic. wrote: »

Sounds like they're just replacing the old stuff that was "dungeon only" (cocoa beans and saddles) with the horse stuff. People still found enough of that, but would a previously undiscovered chunk on our map update to the new loot table? Or would horse items not show up unless the chunks were cut and regenerated like the nether was?

Horse saddles are no longer there, saddles are for pigs and horses now so no real worry there.

• Options
    Dinnerbone said there would be more chests in dungeons and the Nether, so there is possibility for more loot.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm just saying that there has previously been "dungeon only" loot that was still readily obtainable before it became craftable, so as long as whatever they come up with to go in the dungeons can actually spawn on our map without a restart, it should be gettable just like we used to get the old dungeon only stuff.
    And Duke, where did he say something about chests in the Nether? That sounds awesome.

• Options
    One of his twitter comments is worded just like that, there will be more loot chests in the Nether. Dunno if this means dungeons or just chests in strongholds.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    Junpei wrote: »
    I need to build some serious IC2 stuff in my FTB LP, been slacking on that for a bit too long.

You need to build a goddanged project table instead of using the crafting bench cause PT is better. Also Electric Furnaces or Induction Smelter or something, better efficiency from them than the Iron Furnaces. Pulverizer takes place of the Macerator pretty good, especially since the recipe for the Macerator got stupid.

Thermal Expansion stuff doesn't need a lever to work, set it to the Dust option and it'll work when it has stuff to do.

I had a setup for forestry with a Peat-Bog, Wheat Farm and Tree Farm would feed each other.
    Peat-Bog outputs Dirt, Tree Farm outputs sand, Wheat farm outputs Wheat and Seeds
    Wheat and seeds go into a Moistener and outputs Mulch (and Mycelium)
    Dirt and Mulch go into a Carpenter which outputs Humus.
    Dirt and Sand and Mulch go into another carpenter which outputs Bog-Earth.
    and you can power the whole thing with Peat Engines and get Ash which you can use again to make more of a thing I can't remember (more fertilizer = more humus?)

But that was in Tekkit and had a few Pipes that would make it easier (Ratio Pipe) etc.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm doing a longer thing split into 2 over this weekend to really tie up a bunch of things such as IC2 and make my forestry setup a lot more self-sufficient with a better pipe network. Mostly it's been me playing around and I try to avoid doing any of the machinery while off camera so the progress has been a lot slower than I would've liked, hence adding extra time to videos, will likely make it up to 30mins before the end of next week.

• Options
    P.S. Gregtech is bullshit but it definitely does the job of slowing your start down.

• Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    Yeeeeeeep, I tried to start with IC2 cause I always do and then experiment with other stuff later, but got to Macerator and it was "throw diamonds into me" nope.

then I tried to build a Quarry and the recipe for the Diamond drill is in there for some reason and thats a pain in the hole to make now cause Titanium or something.

• Options
    Exactly, so I'm really in unfamiliar territory at the minute so I mostly played with IC2 and EE2 so this is all new and terrible : b

• Options
    edited April 2013
    V3mlG88.jpg
    Stupid horses, stupid armour, stupid hippo.

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    T-Minus 2 week till I loose access to a Internet that can handle a server :cry:

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    Duke beat me to the twitter race.
    I am the saddest horsey.

EDIT: OMG IS THAT THE BEGINNINGS OF MUDBRICK
    OR WATTLE AND DAUB?

and then nuka was the saddest horsey
    sad_pinkie_pie_by_brianc1006-d4hsona.png

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    @Junpei
    Gregtech doesn't mess with Thermal Expansion at all, so you can still use that. TE may even be less expensive to make than vanilla IC2, considering all the circuits and machine blocks and junk used in the latter. Being able to process ores directly to double ingots (triple with the occasional rich slag) with the induction smelter is pretty nice as well. In the long run, you can use the inevitable huge pile of nikolite to make Redpower 2 solar panels and then feed that power to your TE and other Buildcraft-compatible machines with a blulectric engine.

Also, Gregtech power tools are basically a waste of time when you can use the Modular Powersuits power tool - for some reason the vanilla recipes are still enabled for that mod in the ultimate pack, so you can make anything in the mod with vanilla items. Don't install the battery in the tool, though, as when you don't have it selected, any power armor you're wearing can't use it. I like to use the power armor legs for my first battery, since they take all of the cheaper movement upgrades as well as the kinetic generator to recharge the battery by running around. (and there's no need for a rock cutter when you can use a gravity gun and drop things onto torches) Modular Powersuits is just a ton of fun and you should be using it regardless of other factors.

Applied Energistics is pretty good, too. It takes up all of three blocks' worth of space (controller, drive, access terminal) in my ultimate pack world and holds everything I have, and I haven't even put storage units in every space in the drive yet.

e: forgot to say, I don't know how much of this stuff you've already done since I haven't tried to watch any of the new videos

Cromarty on
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, I've been fumbling about for the first 10 or so videos, gotten a little more steady now so will be able to capitalise on this advice : D

This discussion has been closed.