Options

SE++ Microcraft: 1.8 Update is Live! Inventory search function now powered by Bing!

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    IC2 pump is very awful and only works well in conjunction with the Miner. Can't remember if Tekkit has ender tanks but if it does you can use those and waterproof pipes to pull lava from the nether.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    No ender tanks, just ender chests, which means I've got to either use buckets or condense the empty cells (or just load it with thousands of cells, but I'd like it to be totally maintenance-free)

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, set up an enderchest in the nether that gets cells from somewhere, and use a filter to take out an empty cell every 20-30s or something, then have a transport pipe pull the full cells from the pump, then in the overworld you can have some sort of storage system there

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    If I'm going to have to use EE for something I'd rather just make uranium, at least that way I might get some spectacular explosions out of my cackhandedness

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    Well yeah, you can do what I suggested without EE because tin is much more common in tekkit than FTB and you get double the amount of cells if you aren't using Gregtech so it can last a long while without restocking. If you want to use EE in a hilarious way you can set up the infinite geothermals that I used to.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Is there a new .jar for the SE server that has the updated client and mods all bundled up like we had for the last version?

• Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Arang wrote: »
    Does anyone with Tekkit experience know why the IC2 pump refuses to fill buckets, or, failing that, how to make a Buildcraft pump fill buckets, or, failing that, a way to set up a supervision-free Nether magma generator setup?

Unless teleport pipes work from the Nether into the overworld, I feel like I'm missing something

If you've got access to Thermal Expansion in Tekkit try out the liquid transposer. I'm running a pump in the nether that runs lava to a transposer that gets empty cells from an enderchest. When you pop the full ones in another transposer in the real world it can pipe it to a permanent tank or whatever and you keep the cell. Have it get thrown back into the chest and enjoy.

I also just love the Thermal Expansion machines over the ic2 alternatives for the configurable input/output sides and that they run off mj instead of eu. Not having to set up a separate power system to run the basic ore processing is swell.

Drijen on
  • Options
    ruddehruddeh "Speak softly and carry a big bone." Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Where did you freeze? The Tree farm?

That probably needs to be deactivated for load reasons unless in use.

It was in between the embassies. I assume it was entirely client based lol.

oie_16203338tCzUZPXv.gif
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    If there's no new combined .jar like with pre-update, can somebody lay out to me how to update my client with all of the updated mods installed? I need to get working on my city.

• Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Download your mods, Optifine, Reis, WMLL from the minecraft forums.

Open your Minecraft.Jar (C:\Users\<Weaver>\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin) with 7zip (right click, open archive)
    Delete META-INF folder.
    Open or Extract the Optifine.zip and put all the files from it into your Minecraft.jar 7zip window, it all goes in the root
    Repeat with Reis and WMLL

Alternatively i think MagicLauncher will do that stuff for you, but I've never used it.

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    toloveistorebel toloveistorebel Impressive. Most impressive. Central FLRegistered User regular
    +1 for MagicLauncher

Then all you have to do is get ModLoader and put it's files in the minecraft.jar and delete the META-INF folder. Then you would just put all the other stuff in a mods folder inside the \.minecraft folder. Open up MagicLauncher and point it to the mods and you're all set. This way you don't have to completely modify your minecraft.jar with every mod.

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Arang wrote: »
    Does anyone with Tekkit experience know why the IC2 pump refuses to fill buckets, or, failing that, how to make a Buildcraft pump fill buckets, or, failing that, a way to set up a supervision-free Nether magma generator setup?

Unless teleport pipes work from the Nether into the overworld, I feel like I'm missing something
    The IC2 pump isn't a great solution for this, since it doesn't pump from a large area. BC/RP pumps are much more destructive. :D

In the old Tekkit (classic?), the best system I found was:
    BC pump -> BC tank -> RP Deployer (with buckets within) -> RP Filter to remove filled buckets -> use of the lava buckets -> RP Filter to return the empty buckets to the Deployer
    Buttttttt I don't think Deployer buckets work with the BC tanks any longer? Maybe worth trying, since none of the machines are expensive, and if it doesn't work, I think the new solution would be the Thermal Expansion machines: BC pump adjacent to Liquid Transposer, a magmatic engine with redstone pipes powering both, and the usual BC or RP machines to return the empty buckets to the Transposer. Teleport pipes should also work, though I always found them to be a little cranky in the old versions.

I'm guessing there are other (simpler) solutions, but I haven't played Tekkit/FTB in a long time.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    So I'm looking at buying some property and I immediately thought of this as step one in the process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBHVKFCoYFc

It's a real life temp dirt house. And it is totally amazing.

• Options
    Creepers ain't got a chance against the fireproof, inflatable concrete shell. That door is iron, 100% zombie proof.

• Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    Snapshot 13w18a! Coal blocks! Nether fortress loot! But most importantly...
    [Bug MC-1320] – Dogs wont stop snarling after punched by someone else

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    +1 for MagicLauncher

Then all you have to do is get ModLoader and put it's files in the minecraft.jar and delete the META-INF folder. Then you would just put all the other stuff in a mods folder inside the \.minecraft folder. Open up MagicLauncher and point it to the mods and you're all set. This way you don't have to completely modify your minecraft.jar with every mod.

With MagicLauncher you never have to open up the minecraft.jar file ever again. Just put Forge (or ModLoader, but who uses that piece of shit anymore since Forge serves the same function now with it's built-in modloader?) first in line to be loaded and then all the other mods behind it. No hassle, it's easy as pie.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    tTAvkse.png
    I am

So happy

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Finally I can rename myself

[WEB]: 231:234:1:23

• Options
    Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    Sopa wrote: »
    Began work on a new texture loading system
    "May blow up"

That is a bit ... unsettling O_o

• Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Psh, I changed my name a year ago

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Server go boom?

Edit: nvm

Aeyther on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    So I'm looking at buying some property and I immediately thought of this as step one in the process:

hehehe.... sorry, temp? thats perma right there. in fact, there was a thing on tv i watched about a guy who built his entire home out of those, on a much larger scale however.

• Options

hehehe.... sorry, temp? thats perma right there. in fact, there was a thing on tv i watched about a guy who built his entire home out of those, on a much larger scale however.

Temp in that you can build it quickly and live in it while you build a larger structure. The thing itself requires a jackhammer or a concrete saw to take down.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I was wondering if someone could show me where to download the 1.5.1 minecraft version. I had thought that this latest update would have been one of those really tiny ones where it'd still be compatible but I guess not. (I haven't been paying any attention to prereleases or what's been released in each version.)

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Second person today who told me this, hold on. I'll edit the OP in a jiffy.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    My mind has been totally blown.

• Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    That was amazing!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Plus, I mean, Huey Lewis and the News.

• Options
    So, anyone up for doing this tomorrow at some time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=I7HofiB687E

It will probably be the last time I can host a server for a loooong time

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    So, anyone up for doing this tomorrow at some time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=I7HofiB687E

It will probably be the last time I can host a server for a loooong time

I would, but I'm pretty sure my degree of lag would be considered cheating.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    So, Underdark reconstruction talk is in this thread now?

I stand fast in my assertion that a few low-tech mods (so none of the IndustrialCraft stuff, for example) without making things too verdant (so no Forestry and alas, no bees) would go a long way towards adding atmosphere and color to the Underdark experience. It's really easy to set up a custom pack with the Technic launcher. As a start, I'd suggest:
    1. Several HarvestCraft crops -- cinnamon, cotton, sweet potatoes, tea, that sort of thing. Just enough to provide a reason for agriculture in the darkness, but not enough to make things too lush.

2. This mod adds a single-seat, coal-powered airship. It fits the atmosphere of primitive, cobbled-together technology. Flying around the big caves in these things would be fantastically fun.

3. Iron Chests. They're just damn useful.

I think if we put together a simple, low-burden pack like that, it would add to the atmosphere.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    I just suggested it, moving the discussion is ultimatly up to vic

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I understand the appeal of mods, but I would want to see if the Underdark could be added to the SE++ Haven multiverse. Some magic tunnel boring machine that takes you to the land of the Underdark. Possibly a one-way trip except for braving a treacherous hostile cave to a portal home.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    drKg9oN.png
    Time to remodel my dining room.

This discussion has been closed.