Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - The Merch

• CuriousPencilCuriousPencil Registered User regular
    @Kaylnar, sorry, my "I'm only about money" quip wasn't directed at anyone, least the artists here. I just meant "why not make a massive poster that says 'merch here'"'; it wasn't a sleight on artists going out and selling their art; people need to make money.

It was purely a "if I need people to notice My Booth, why not create a large pointer."

And also, yes it was a mild dig at monetisation over art, but not in the context of PA, or StripSearch. I'm sorry I gave that immediate impression.

• NoelVeigaNoelVeiga Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Guys, my interest in Strip Search is quickly losing all traces of irony. It's a bit scary, since I've never ever been into any reality TV or talent shows at all.

Also, Monica would be the best sidekick. Not that she needs to follow somebody around, but she has this vibe, kinda like she's always bouncing her lines off of a 60s Adam West Batman character or something. I love it. Her comic isn't half bad, either.

NoelVeiga on
    Sandra SnanNotaCylon
  • HardmanHardman Registered User regular
    The stress of the show is starting to really show wear on some of the artists, which is totally understandable. We are seeing these episodes piecemeal whereas they are living them day by day.

I still really dislike the "prize" of selecting who gets to go to Thunderdome. Feels more like a punishment. I'd much rather win a Cintiq or a booth to PAX or even the big bed for the night. Part of me thinks the absolute loser of the round should be one to go and they get to select who they go against (minus the latest winner, who has immunity).

tapeslingerMKF36ESkeleVader
  • parmeisanparmeisan Registered User regular
    Hardman wrote: »
    Part of me thinks the absolute loser of the round should be one to go and they get to select who they go against (minus the latest winner, who has immunity).
    At first I was thinking that I didn't like that idea, because why should the loser get to choose? They'll just choose.... the person they think they can beat. Wait, what's wrong with that? The loser of the day's competition chosen by the judges, versus the perceived weakest link at any given moment. Brilliant.

• JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    I like that the winner chooses. Because then it turns players against themselves. On one hand, they obviously want to win. On the other hand, they might want to try to go middle-of-the-pack to avoid that responsibility. But pulling punches mean you risk going to the Thunderdome.

That we are all feeling sorry for the winners is great.

sig.gif
  • Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    The prize of immunity (which comes with picking) is going to get more and more valuable the fewer artists there are in the house though. When it gets down to a small number of artists, there isn't any middle of the pack to hide in, and winning challenges will become a lot more important.

Arch wrote: »
    the lynch mob is a feature, not a bug in the democratic system
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Going through some of the archives, Amy put this up on January 9.

014.png

That is not the thing drawn by an artist that backed down from a Thunderdome. Some people have boasts. That, though, is a creed.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • KalynarKalynar Registered User regular
    oddeye wrote: »
    Very good episode. Did anyone else notice what happened right after Robert commented on the Leeroy Jenkins prints position? (14:40) Thought that was pretty funny.
    Not at all, can you elaborate?

My hands! My horrible human hands!
    monkeysigye5.jpg
  • NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    snarfblatjpg.jpg

Sandra SnanKathleen_LRR
  • KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    that's what... she said?

Cambiata
  • KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    014.png

Third panel:
    Frasier_Logo.jpg

zerzhul
  • StasisStasis Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    that's what... she said?
    I would guess he has a problem with Lexxy and he's grasping for reasons to dislike her? It would be one thing if that were a slight toward Monica somehow, but it's a factual observation; she hasn't won or lost a challenge before this.

A post of his from April 12 (after the double elimination):
    Nijhazer wrote: »
    I'm out. I'll check the site sometime in the summer to see who won, but I'm not interested in watching any more of this.

CambiataSkeleVader
    Declarations of one's intention to never watch again really don't reach their full impact until the 4th or 5th time.

CambiatazerzhulSkeleVader
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    You hear it in retail too.

"I'm never shopping here again!"
    "Okay, see you tomorrow!"

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • RyuhoRyuho Registered User new member
    Can't wait to see Maki's elimination comic strip

strike_the_tripSandra SnanNotaCylon
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Stasis wrote: »
    that's what... she said?
    I would guess he has a problem with Lexxy and he's grasping for reasons to dislike her? It would be one thing if that were a slight toward Monica somehow, but it's a factual observation; she hasn't won or lost a challenge before this.

I'm out. I'll check the site sometime in the summer to see who won, but I'm not interested in watching any more of this.

I like that he went and picked the frame that made her look as derpy as possible.

That, sir, is as manipulative as the music they always play when somebody is agonizing who to put up for elimination.

Twenty Sided on
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Monica has won me over

Greeper on
    Greeper is now Minister Of Communication in my new regime.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Syndalis, if you knew anything about Greeper, you would know Greeper is never not field dressing a stag.
    NotaCylon
    that's what... she said?

I like that he went and picked the frame that made her look as derpy as possible.

That, sir, is as manipulative as the music they always play when somebody is agonizing who to put up for elimination.

I'm surprised he didn't make a full-on attack ad, complete with inverted b&w screencap, scary voice-over man, and assertions that we don't know who the "real" Lexxy is.

ArbitraryDescriptorNeoriceisgoodCambiata
  • NeoriceisgoodNeoriceisgood Registered User regular
    I'm surprised he didn't make a full-on attack ad, complete with inverted b&w screencap, scary voice-over man, and assertions that we don't know who the "real" Lexxy is.

I heard Lexxy's a reptilian overlord with connections to the government. It'd explain how she could come back from elimination.

NotaCylonCambiataFalx
    that's what... she said?

Okay, now somebody just needs to make this happen.

Cambiata
  • Sandra SnanSandra Snan Medium-sized European cityRegistered User regular
    She is human.

Neoriceisgood
  • DevoninDevonin Registered User regular
    In a sinister new development, Sandra Snan reveals that Lexxy Douglas is NOT, I repeat NOT a dancer!

ElbasunuNeoriceisgoodCambiata
  • SejarkiSejarki Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

Hmm. May have to work on this.

Sejarki on
    LexxyCambiata
  • LexxyLexxy Registered User, Strip Search regular
    Sejarki wrote: »

Hmm. May have to work on this.

If you don't include the clip of Amy calling me public enemy number one, I will be VERY disappoint.

NeoriceisgoodCambiataStasisAManFromEarthFalx
  • NeoriceisgoodNeoriceisgood Registered User regular
    Lexxy wrote: »
    If you don't include the clip of Amy calling me public enemy number one, I will be VERY disappoint.

With an additional black-and-white slowdown/zoom-in of her saying it right after, of course!

• drgill1972drgill1972 Registered User regular
    In your attack ad, is there some way you can blame Lexxy for the "heavily medicated" look that Amy has? You know... the one where she's "tired"?

Seriously, guys, this is getting silly. Why are so many fans more invested in this than the actual participants?

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    drgill1972 wrote: »
    In your attack ad, is there some way you can blame Lexxy for the "heavily medicated" look that Amy has? You know... the one where she's "tired"?

Seriously, guys, this is getting silly. Why are so many fans more invested in this than the actual participants?

Uh...Rude.

Did you not see how emotionally invested Amy has been in everything that has been happening over the course of the show? She was so excited to work with one of her idols, she was so happy when she received a prize that she would never have been able to afford..

That girl is invested.

Sandra SnanCambiata
    drgill: I think the participants wants to have some distance towards the whole thing. We fans only live it when we are on this page, so when we do, we can bring the feels all the time. But the participants, well, it’s their life mixed in with all of the other things there. They were tired…

• zWolfzWolf Registered User regular
    I really don't understand why I enjoy these as much as I do. Seriously, I don't wana be a 'reality T.V. Junkie', but I eagerly await each release, and feel like my time invested watching each show has been well spent.

Thank you for putting this all together, I am quite enjoying the ride!

Devonin wrote: »
    In a sinister new development, Sandra Snan reveals that Lexxy Douglas is NOT, I repeat NOT a dancer!

IS THIS THE ARTIST YOU WANT REPRESENTING AMERICA.

I would like to point out that we STILL have not seen Lexxy's long-form birth certificate!

Cambiata
  • sketchitysketchity Registered User regular
    i can't believe i didn't notice this before. douglass spelled backwards is luthor!

AManFromEarthCambiata
    edited April 2013
    Alexandra Douglass = Asexual Dragon Lads

Also:

Abby Howard = A Draw Hobby
    Alex Hobbs = Blah Boxes
    Amy Falcone = Focal Meany
    Erika Moen = Aerie Monk
    Katie Rice = Eat Ickier
    Mackenzie Schubert = Biz Sketcher Acumen
    Maki Naro = Amok Ran I
    Monica Ray: Crayon Am I
    Nick Trujillo = Jilt Our Clink
    Tavis Maiden = Amid Natives

Devonin on
    tapeslinger

Also:

Alex Hobbs = Blah Boxes
    Erika Moen = Aerie Monk
    Katie Rice = Eat Ickier
    Maki Naro = Amok Ran I

It's weird how many of those are art-centric.

Also, Mac = clear winner

edited April 2013

Also:

Alex Hobbs = Blah Boxes
    Erika Moen = Aerie Monk
    Katie Rice = Eat Ickier
    Maki Naro = Amok Ran I

It's weird how many of those are art-centric.

Also, Mac = clear winner

You'd think I picked those ones on purpose or something :P

Also, not sure whether I like Jerry Holkins = Jerkily Shorn or Jerry Holkins = Sly Rhino Jerk better.

Devonin on
    makitori
  • OrrikOrrik Registered User regular
    Is there a someplace on the web where I can watch and chat with other fans when ep. 16 is released at midnight-3am? Is there a Twitch stream or something? I crave immediate reactions to the next elimination.

Prime 2013 Status: [✓] Passes, [ ] Hotel, [ ] Friends, [ ] Travel, [✓] Unbearable Excitement
  • miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    They need that, I can't wait till the new one comes out, so soon : D

edited April 2013
    So just for funsies, I looked through the list of Kickstarter donors to see how many people in the field I could find. I found four (though it's entirely possible others donated under names I didn't recognize).

I found it rather amusing that the four just happened to be Alex, Ty, Lexxy and Mac. I mean, obviously it's a total coincidence. But that is odd.

Gosling on
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I also want to know when the next one is up—I want to give the elimination challenge another go after I bailed from “Flatulence / Country Fair” (because I don’t like toot jokes and I don’t really know what a Country Fair is—still, wish I’d have tried to come up with something anyway). My plan is to stop the show as soon as they draw the topics and then use my kitchen timer from then on, and then just post a link in the comments.

Sandra Snan on
    Angry_Samoan
    Oh, and before I go to bed:
    Amy T. Falcone ‏@AmyTFalcone 9h
    Hey @sciencecomic you shaking in your little boots yet? I'm going to make you cry like a baby at the #stripsearch elims. F'real.
    Maki Naro ‏@sciencecomic 7h
    @AmyTFalcone Please. When I cry, I do it like a man--blubbering with snot everywhere.

CambiataSandra SnanArbitraryDescriptorFalx