As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 7th Annual West Coast Train Trip - Looking for Group

1235»

• Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    Fun fact: I'm currently on the Amtrak right now heading home typing this. smooth riding but like usual the train was delayed an hour. I wouldn't be surprised to see a delay from the PAX train so I guess a good idea would be to keep in mind of delays if you're meeting up with anyone at the station. Also cell service is a bit spotty coming centralia to tacoma. I always have to call early if my plans change because of this,

• Options
    StingrayXStingrayX Redding, CARegistered User regular
    So where is everyone boarding the train? Me and my buddy are going to head on in Redding, CA.

StingrayX.png
  • Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    StingrayX wrote: »
    So where is everyone boarding the train? Me and my buddy are going to head on in Redding, CA.

Eugene, Oregon (coming from Roseburg, Oregon

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    Hey guys.

So the plan is for me to bring my Rock Band rig. However, I don't have a sleeper cabin and so I have nowhere to keep the Rock Band gear overnight for the journey to or from Seattle. If you have a sleep cabin and are willing to store it overnight, please email me at ben.paddon@gmail.com.

If I don't find someone who is able to store the gear overnight, I will unfortunately be unable to bring it with me.

Thanks, guys.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    superwootsuperwoot 6th Annual Triwizard - Slytherin DE Santa barbara, CARegistered User regular
    My girlfriend and I will be hoping on in Santa Barbara. :D Settlers of katan kicks off as soon as we get on the train! :D

In the strangest of ways...
  • Options
    rockensteinrockenstein Registered User new member
    I'll be getting on in San Jose again this year! Looking forward to a fun time after my first PAX Train last year. Hopefully, I'll be able to borrow my friend's beta copy of his boardgame, and I might have a prototype of my own to bring on the train with me too!

• Options
    DolusDolus Registered User new member
    I do need help deciding which table top games to bring for the PAX Train. Anybody who's gone before, what size are the tables I could use? I hear other people saying they're bringing games such as Settlers of Catan. Are the tables sufficiently large enough for that? For larger games?

The last train I was on, the size of the tables was very narrow, maybe half as wide as what you'd need for Settlers, and not all seats had tables. Only a lucky few.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    So Divekick came out! I will have it on my Vita. I will also be bringing Dungeon Roll.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    @Dolus, people usually play in the Observation car. This is upstairs, and there are usually more tables downstairs.
    579989_10151142501079165_1858028599_n.jpg

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • Options
    Adonus76Adonus76 RDJ's Boat HouseRegistered User regular
    Yamara wrote: »
    @Dolus, people usually play in the Observation car. This is upstairs, and there are usually more tables downstairs.
    579989_10151142501079165_1858028599_n.jpg

Dat snack table!

• Options
    DolusDolus Registered User new member
    Awesome! Enough space for four to play Agricola I see. That definitely opens up the games I would be able to bring, then. Thank you for the picture!

• Options
    StingrayXStingrayX Redding, CARegistered User regular
    I wonder if I bring monopoly. If I will get kicked off XD.

StingrayX.png
  • Options
    superwootsuperwoot 6th Annual Triwizard - Slytherin DE Santa barbara, CARegistered User regular

Although Monopoly is a blast, I would recommend taking the opportunity to try games that you have not played. Join us for a D&D game or something like that :P

• Options

Although Monopoly is a blast, I would recommend taking the opportunity to try games that you have not played. Join us for a D&D game or something like that :P

• Options
    GarlsnartGarlsnart Registered User new member
    Hey all, I will be running a game of Pathfinder on the train trip. Here's the Info:
    • For those who don't know this is basically D&D 3.5+ which means its a medieval swords and sorcery game.
    • I will have pre-generated characters available for those who want. If you want to create your own character please do so beforehand, with the exception of ability scores as those will be rolled on the train.
    • Bring dice if you have them, but if you don't I have a few sets of spares you can use.
    • Its a first come first serve basis, however people interested in trying out D&D/Pathfinders for the first time will take precedence.
    • I can run for up to 6 players, any more than that and it will cause the game to drag.

So if you interested come find me on the train I'll be wearing the badge that say "GARLSNART"

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I've not heard back from anybody about somewhere to store my Rock Band gear on the Wednesday and Tuesday nights of the train journeys, so regretfully I will not be bringing my Rock Band rig with me. Sorry guys.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    GarlsnartGarlsnart Registered User new member
    Garlsnart wrote: »
    Hey all, I will be running a game of Pathfinder on the train trip. Here's the Info:
    • For those who don't know this is basically D&D 3.5+ which means its a medieval swords and sorcery game.
    • I will have pre-generated characters available for those who want. If you want to create your own character please do so beforehand, with the exception of ability scores as those will be rolled on the train.
    • Bring dice if you have them, but if you don't I have a few sets of spares you can use.
    • Its a first come first serve basis, however people interested in trying out D&D/Pathfinders for the first time will take precedence.
    • I can run for up to 6 players, any more than that and it will cause the game to drag.

So if you interested come find me on the train I'll be wearing the badge that say "GARLSNART"

Extra info characters will all be at 6th level so please create accordingly.

• Options
    SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    I've not heard back from anybody about somewhere to store my Rock Band gear on the Wednesday and Tuesday nights of the train journeys, so regretfully I will not be bringing my Rock Band rig with me. Sorry guys.

When I brought mine, I slept on the floor of the arcade car with it and the rest of my stuff. Was more comfortable than the seats, anyway.

• Options
    OtterTeejOtterTeej Los Angeles, CaRegistered User new member
    Hi, all! Figured I'd introduce myself beforehand. I'm TimeCruiserMike's roommate and I'm super amped for PAX! (I've never been).

• Options
    OtterTeejOtterTeej Los Angeles, CaRegistered User new member
    Oh, also, I'm bringing the Order of the Stick Adventure Game. Because awesome. Anyone interested?

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    zerzhul on
  • Options
    HikariStarshineHikariStarshine Registered User regular
    Wheeee, enjoyed the train on the way home, it was a lot more quiet and relaxed and I got a lot more gaming in!

Boooo, I got home, no more PAX for this year.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Fuck trees.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    CNCRick56CNCRick56 Burbank, CARegistered User new member
    Cabezone wrote: »

Damn, Train: 1, Tree: 0

HASigforPAXforum.jpg
  • Options
    rondhirondhi Registered User new member
    I'm glad we got home safely! That's one huge tree limb!

By the way, I had so much fun jamming with people in the observation car. I'm happy my ukulele got a little sunlight on my trip.

• Options
    createacatcreateacat CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I have wanted to do this trip up to PAX for years now.. Looking forward to next year

https://twitter.com/createacat1
    PAX Prime Attendee: '10, '11, '12, '13 / PAX East Attendee: / PAX Aus Attendee:

My Digital Pin Lanyard