Options

Post-PAX Party 2013: REGISTRATION IS LIVE AT http://p32013.eventbrite.com/

• Options
    JenniLyneJenniLyne Registered User regular
    sanovah wrote: »
    If/when @Arco confirms that the party is still at Jillians or whatever It is now I will be trying to organize a big group walk at least to the party from hotel X. Might try and organize one back to hotel X, but honestly not sure how good of an idea that would be considering most of us will be drinking to some extent.

I fully support this idea ^^

• Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Definitely still have it at Jillian's, it's been a fantastic location. I compare it to the parties that were done at the Taphouse and it's just so much better. Way more room, better service, and the possibility of having bands and consoles set up. I think it would be extremely difficult to find another location that would be as good.
    And yeah, traditional raffle of the biggest prizes would be great, with everything else remaining on the table.

• Options
    TD&TRQTD&TRQ rockband night co-host in seattle Registered User regular
    Arco:
    myself and Tom hosted the rockband portion of both the after party and the enforcer party last year. It was awesome! especially the incognito performance of ghostbusters by the Protomen! We would love to do it again this year! Email me at koevii@hotmail.com and let's talk!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    TD&TRQ wrote: »
    Arco:
    myself and Tom hosted the rockband portion of both the after party and the enforcer party last year. It was awesome! especially the incognito performance of ghostbusters by the Protomen! We would love to do it again this year! Email me at koevii@hotmail.com and let's talk!

You guys were fucking awesome to have around last year. Great work setting that up!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    The Mighty AntThe Mighty Ant Registered User regular
    IN no matter what!

1Ev79LH.png

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/themightyant
    “We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    Aww much thanks! Too bad we couldn't get any pax passes this year :/

Anyway Tom and I are excited to do it again this year! Keep me informed!

Brent
    Aka brbpapercut

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    @Arco - any news yet about age restriction? Will anyone be able to go or is it only 18 or 21 over?

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    byakuenbyakuen Somewhere in SeattleRegistered User regular
    Instead of walking... You could ride the SLU to Jillian's/WSG!

♥ Properly Pleased Participant of Past PAX PrimeWest: '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    marblespecsmarblespecs Registered User regular
    I am completely new to the event and the community...I cannot wait for this party

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Man, I really, really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope Divekick is out before PAX Prime. If so I'll basically run that all god damn night long at the party because it's a fighting game even someone who knows nothing about fighting games can play, even while completely shitfaced. It's actually better (and more hilarious) while drunk too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU8n9tGCmwY

And yes, we will be playing for souls.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    Hey all! Sorry about the inactivity, life's really busy.

Not a LOT to update on, but some encouraging updates all the same:

Called World Sports Grille (previously Jillian's), and it looks like this location is a go. They still have my old contract and such, and they're sending me a proposal by Wednesday. Some things have changed, so I need to make sure we can still throw this party with all the perks we've had in the past, for as much money or cheaper. They don't have anything else booked that night.

Hopefully I'll be able to get all of this hammered out this week, settle on a final price/menu, and lock in the event. Then I can put the EventBrite page up and start selling tickets.

I still need to reach out to bands and see who wants to play this year. If you know anyone or have any suggestions (realistically), send them my way.

Thanks for being patient. We're still on!

Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Klopfenpop and JonnyNero :-)

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Arco, I sent you a message a while back about bands (on Facebook I think?), I can send you another one if you want.

Zerz has a good start, Jonny and Klop would be good to have. There's a big band I've been talking with who want to come up if they can, but I'd rather not mention it publicly.

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Yeah, send me another message. I'm about a month behind on planning this. Turns out the busier your job gets, the harder it is to throw a party. :P

• Options
    We won't charge for our rockband services, but if you find a 4 day pass in a couch somewhere we would love to actually go to pax this year ;)

(If you don't have a couch it's cool)

• Options
    Ahoy. So, updates:

World Sports Grille (formerly Jillian's) is almost certainly the venue. They've sent me a contract that I'm working with them on. A few details to hammer out, but nothing major.

The venue is all-ages. TECHNICALLY they're 21+ after 10:00pm, but I've assured them that we've never had this be a problem in the past, it would only be a few people, and that they've allowed all ages in the past. Laura (event coordinator) has assured me it won't be a problem.

I'm going to wait until I get a final confirmation from them about a few more things, and then I'll be able to put up the EventBrite page and start selling tickets, hopefully sometime next week. :D

• Options
    Start spreading the word. I'm considering upping the party list to 350 instead of 300, since I had to turn a few people away last year. You guys think we can hit 350?

• Options
    I am actually not sure about 350. Community activity seems down this year, likely due to the crazy fast sellout.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I am actually not sure about 350. Community activity seems down this year, likely due to the crazy fast sellout.

I thought I was crazy when I thought about this, plus I'm sure some people are doing PAXAus instead.

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    I don't see any harm in upping the capacity, but as long as we don't rely on hitting that cap in order to pay for the whole thing, I think we should be okay.

Besides, live music always has a chance of selling more tickets. I just need to know what kind of time frame we're going to have and how many acts we can invite.

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Exciting!!!

• Options
    GUESS WHAT'S COMING TO THE PARTY!
    http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/13/divekick-heading-to-playstation-3-and-playstation-vita-on-august-20/
    zerzhul wrote: »

My dinner tickets are selling out waaaaaaaaaay faster than last year. After only a couple days I'm already over 50% sold out.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    hope this turns out the idea seems fun!

Maybe I am missing something but 9.99 seems pricey for dive kick since its a simple game (looks like it will be fun though!)

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • Options
    They've put a surprising amount of work into it so ten bucks strikes me as pretty fair. It started out as just a little joke game and ended up being something people were having a ton of fun playing so they put in a bunch of characters, levels, fighting game parody features, etc.

I've tried running regular fighters the past two years and while there's always a small group of people, it'd be nice to get something that any drunk person who's never played a game before could figure out. Divekick can be explained and learned in about five seconds so I'm hoping it's a hit this year.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    REGISTRATION IS LIVE! http://p32013.eventbrite.com/

• Options
    Typo in the description.
    We've given out some amazing prices over the years
    prices = prizes

If anybody is curious about the musical guests;

Jonny Nero Action Hero will once again be on the roster!

But that's all I can confirm at the moment. There's a ton of other chiptune artists that have expressed interest, and I've been speaking with a couple bands, though they're going to be a lot harder to get. But I'll keep you all updated!

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    And that's my ticket booked with a donation for the raffle fund.
    Thanks for organising again Arco and look forward to seeing everyone in just over 6 weeks

• Options
    HUZZAH!

• Options
    Would appreciate any signal boosting that people can do, since this thread is quite a bit shorter than in years past. Book the faces, Tweet the twitters, etc!

• Options
    Ordered mine and donated!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    jjjewelsjjjewels TorontoRegistered User regular
    2 tickets + donation. Is it PAX yet???

• Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    @Arco Did you want me to talk to Klop and see if I can get him on board this year? I also know A_Rival was wanting to hop on last minute last year so I can ping him as well

• Options
    CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    Good to go for me and 7 others! Can't wait!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    @Arco Did you want me to talk to Klop and see if I can get him on board this year? I also know A_Rival was wanting to hop on last minute last year so I can ping him as well

I've already been talking with quite a few people who are interested in performing, so I'd hold off on sending an invite to anybody just yet. I haven't spoken with klop or A_Rival yet, but they're definitely on the list of candidates. I've just been clarifying some things with Arco first before anything else gets set in stone. Send me a PM somewhere if you want to go over anything.

EDIT: If you want to see if Klop is at least interested in playing, go for it. As it stands right now, it might just be all chiptune, so it would be nice to have something a little different mixed in there.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Over 50 tickets sold in a few hours. At this pace we'll be sold out before tomorrow... ;)

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm still contemplating going... I guess I'll have to make my decision soon.

• Options
    Combining both admission and raffle donations, 107 tickets sold in the first 24 hours. Holy shit, you guys.

• Options
    Look, @Arco, we love you and we love your party. Just deal with it.

• Options
    Agent00Agent00 Tucson, AZRegistered User regular
    So what happens at midnight? Do we get kicked out?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Nah, you can hang out until the venue's regular hours. Midnight is just when the actual party stuff (i.e. food) is done with.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png