As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Steam thread for PC gaming and life-saving surgery

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure which DirectX FC3 is utilizing when I run it normally. But I heard switching to the other one might work. Gonna try that today.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm wondering if Blood Dragon will cause similar issues.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    Hm, Remember Me is up for pre-order. I'm tempted...

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am honestly a little tempted to spend some of my severance on various videogame preorders. Preordering is dumb usually, but if it means I won't have to think about anticipating certain games because I'll just have them paid off...

• SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    Darkfall: Unholy Wars is out on Steam!

Copied from my post in the last thread:
    This game is worth checking out if you've played pre-Tramm UO, AC Darktide, or Shadowbane, and feel a void in your shriveled little PK heart that can only be filled with an FFA PvP, Full Loot Sandbox game (or if you like EvE and want to swing some swords and sling some spells instead of splashing some starships).

Basically, if you'd enjoy an MMO that features killing any player virtually anywhere, and taking all their shit off their corpse to boot, burning down cities and holdings in the span of a few hours that took people weeks or months to build, and don't mind dealing with a relatively rough and unfinished product made by a very small and cash-strapped but very dedicated team of bitter old PK vets, give this game a shot.

Edit: Also, the combat is real-time, kinda like Mount and Blade or Chivalry, with FPS aiming and full friendly fire, as opposed to the tab-target assist train bullshit rotation instanced arena spamfest that is a feature of most so-called "PvP MMOs" on the market today.
    TLDR: Travel a huge, open world, meet interesting people, kill them, and take all their stuff.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I am honestly a little tempted to spend some of my severance on various videogame preorders. Preordering is dumb usually, but if it means I won't have to think about anticipating certain games because I'll just have them paid off...
    preordering is dumb always, wait 6 months and pay a reasonable price like a proper poor person

2x39jD4.jpg
  • SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    I'll add that the first week and a half since launch has been extremely smooth, with none of the gamebreaking issues, server outages, or exploits that I've almost grown to expect from developer/publisher Aventurine.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I hadn't even heard about Remember Me until it appeared on Steam.

It looks pretty interesting, but there's something about the visuals that I can't quite put my finger on that is bugging me.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    preordering is dumb always, wait 6 months and pay a reasonable price like a proper poor person

I probably won't have *any* money then though!

(That is deffo more reasonable, however)

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    alex

jagged

alliance

8406wWN.png
    Totally gonna back that when I've got the money!

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Jagged Alliance eh?

I have tried playing 2 a few times.

But it's hard to remember all the key commands.

1.13 adds an absurd amount of key commands. Like eventually they ran out of keys and ctrl + keys

so there's one command that's like ctrl + alt + q or something

Key commands are hard.

Give me a button.

Buttons are for cowards and communists.

Button button, who's got the button?

It's Stalin.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

It looks pretty interesting, but there's something about the visuals that I can't quite put my finger on that is bugging me.

The animations don't look as fluid as they should. They seem a bit stilted.

IKknkhU.gif
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I downloaded the Farming Simulator 2013 demo. I haven't tried it yet, but looking at all the stuff it comes with.
    Might be a mistake.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
    4t6lSBQ.png

Man this picture sure will sell a lot of copies.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »

The animations don't look as fluid as they should. They seem a bit stilted.

you would know.

• marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Boo yah

Did the ambulance kidney transplant without ever starting blood loss - 0mL/s for the whole show!

I think I was extremely lucky in that the small intestine somehow magically came off in the first 10 seconds.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Witch! burn them and they will tell thier dark bargin for all!

Reikei kidney transplant.

• marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    0mL/s as in blood loss rate - I did actually lose blood as usual with the jabbing around. But I got the <600mL loss achievement.

Also it took like 7 minutes. 2 minutes of which was me trying to coax the new kidneys into place. One of them nearly bounced back out... On the flipside, the ambulance makes it easier to get the old kidneys out because they have a chance to eventually bounce somewhere reachable.

I gotta say though, that handle-scalpel was really good. I thought it would be about the same as the normal scalpels but it seemed to work suspiciously well.

Again, though, a lot of luck.

Oh lame, there's an achievement for losing less than 500mL in the kidney transplant, but I guess doing it in the ambulance doesn't count!

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    The handle-scalpel is great yeah, I spent most of the time in the ambulance kidney transplant trying to get the old kidneys out. I eventually decided to stick the new kidneys in because I figured that was clearly the one place in the ambulance they wouldn't bounce out of if it hit a bump, aaaand mission complete A++.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Uriel wrote: »
    4t6lSBQ.png

Man this picture sure will sell a lot of copies.

at this price it is entirely possible to get your money's worth of fun out of forge

it is a neat little thing wrapped in an incredibly dark package

not grim-dark, just oh god I can barely see anything and what I can see all looks the same

2x39jD4.jpg
    Yeah the game is really fun I bought it for like 15 when it came out.

I feel like 5 bucks is a really good deal for it.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm not getting why that pic in particular will sell lots of copies.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Sarcasm is not easily conveyed through text.

some of it is really broken though, or was when I last played

the archer guy with the stand-still-stealth and the infinite range position swap skill, just plucking poor bastards from across the map and dropping them into your swarm of rogues

of course the real trick to winning is to switch to the healer because nobody plays the healer so nobody on the other team thinks to focus you down

2x39jD4.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    I'm not getting why that pic in particular will sell lots of copies.

sarcasm

the archer guy with the stand-still-stealth and the infinite range position swap skill, just plucking poor bastards from across the map and dropping them into your swarm of rogues

of course the real trick to winning is to switch to the healer because nobody plays the healer so nobody on the other team thinks to focus you down

Yeah the balance was problematic.

But that kinda comes with being designed after WoW PVP combat.

Yeah the balance was problematic.

But that kinda comes with being designed after WoW PVP combat.

yup, but wall jumping is neat and the idea just the hectic beatem up sort feel is fun for a bit/in bursts

really selling it hard here

2x39jD4.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    bbs8fqw.jpg

Forge: Now with gameplay!

• Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    Ok, so I'm trying to get out of the funk I've been in lately with my gaming and force myself to play something. I'm thinking Torchlight. Now is the first one worth playing, or will I have more fun if I skip to number 2?

Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm trying to get out of the funk I've been in lately with my gaming and force myself to play something. I'm thinking Torchlight. Now is the first one worth playing, or will I have more fun if I skip to number 2?

2 is pretty fun, and also it has multiplayer, which is also great! And a much better variety of areas.

That said, I still haven't finished 2. But I intend to... at some point.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Skip to 2!

• Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    Hmm, well 1 is already annoying me since you cn't customize your character (I hate having the only girl char option being the archer), and for some reason it's not letting me pick a screen resolution above 1023x768

This discussion has been closed.