As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Steam thread for PC gaming and life-saving surgery

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Darkout was neat, which was my main reason for buying it.

I just did a quickie test video, not on one of those games though, mainly just to test how my recording setup is. I'ma post it here because it's not unbearably bad.

Moriveth on
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    I did not like Infinite but then again I'm usually picky when it comes to the feel of the guns. And in Infinite I did not feel the guns. And guns are kind of important in shooters, you only use them all the goddamned time.

I mean that is also one of the biggest reasons I like KF more than L4D, KF guns have so much more oomph to them it's ridiculous.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I mean that is also one of the biggest reasons I like KF more than L4D, KF guns have so much more oomph to them it's ridiculous.

Killing Floor guns are awesome.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

I have fond, fond memories of ROTT, can't awesome that post enough

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so if I buy Monaco are there a sufficient number of you jerks to play it with

YaYa wrote: »

I'm a jerk and I have Monaco!

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

I'm a jerk and I have Monaco!

okay! jerk count including me: 2

edited April 2013
    If there's a Monaco 4-pack action going down, I'd be up for it
    (if you wait ~3 days)

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular

Man, it's been a loooong time since I've talked to you but you've got a pretty good voice.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Druhim wrote: »

Man, it's been a loooong time since I've talked to you but you've got a pretty good voice.

Aw, thanks! I really need to practice not talking over myself and losing what I'm talking about so often. This was a kind of improptu decision to do it, though, so hopefully for future videos I'll be a little less rambly.

Free Pid key for anyone interested in it: ER6TP-VB48G-LAYXZ

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Im trying to buy Fez and Monaco but i get this message "couldnt add game to your cart"

Anyone get this before?

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    t4ct drop everything and let's do a let me tell you about... um

lemme see what i have installed here uhhh...

lone survivor? sure

Oh man I really should do a video on Jagged Alliance 2 shouldn't I?

Vann Diras wrote: »
    t4ct drop everything and let's do a let me tell you about... um

lemme see what i have installed here uhhh...

lone survivor? sure

Lone Survivor is great man, do eeet

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    well I have demonstrated poor impulse control today

since I now own Sleeping Dogs and Monaco

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I can't speak to Monaco though it sounds great

But buying Sleeping Dogs is never a mistake

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I want monaco so baaaad.

Also Dyad.

Man I wish I wasn't broke.

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Goddamn Monaco is just so much fun to play.

I can't speak to Monaco though it sounds great

But buying Sleeping Dogs is never a mistake

I just put a guy's face in an industrial blast furnace

Then I kicked the knife out of his buddy's hand and opened a few of his arteries.

this game

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Sleeping Dogs, mouse and keyboard or pad?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I prefer the Xbox Controller for it for sure.

I think the Keyboard and mouse might be functional enough though.

Tube wrote: »
    Sleeping Dogs, mouse and keyboard or pad?

It probably plays fine with mouse & keyboard, but I thought it played great with a controller.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    The slowmo when you vault over cover made the shooting with the pad perfectly fine. And like always, it's much easier to drive and do QTE action games with a pad as well

steam_sig.png
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yeah I can't say about K&M but the gamepad controls really well.

@MrMonroe go find some jade statues and train up at the dojo. There is a positively BRUTAL leg-based takedown.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    Keyboard and Mouse works just fine for Sleeping Dogs (and I prefer it), but most of the QTEs are pretty simplified down to using just one or at most two keys. The hand-to-hand, firearms, free-running and driving are great with mouse and keyboard, though.

• FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    So everyone knows of the humble bundle, but after they became popular a few others sprouted as well. One of those is Indie Royale. They have a bit different gimmick: the price has a shifting set minimum, and depending on how much the people before you pay, it either goes up or down. Paying above minimum lowers it, and paying the minimum raises it.

Anyway, the bundle they're offering now has all 5 episodes of the Back To The Future adventure game from Telltale, and the current minimum is $5.42. It also includes 3 other games, with 3 more that potentially unlock in time? I'm not completely sure if they're guaranteed to unlock or if goals need to be met.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
    I am using kb&m for Sleeping Dogs and I fucking love it

there's definitely aspects of combat that were designed with a controller in mind, but you can still effectively do everything

seriously this game makes me feel like Jackie Chan and it is sooooo cool

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So, Poker Night 2 is pretty fun. They added Omaha poker as an optional alternative to Texas Hold'em, which is neat and fun.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    So I downloaded Cry of Fear, watched the intro, played for 5 seconds, found writings on the wall and stopped.
    Co-op tonight is gonna wreck me :D

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    The shooting in Sleeping Dogs was very very easy with keyboard and mouse, I don't know if that was by design or not.

As an aside, I still can't figure out the Like an Animal achievement for SS2013 and it is driving me absolutely crazy. Bob must suffer

thenews.jpg
    Arang wrote: »
    The shooting in Sleeping Dogs was very very easy with keyboard and mouse, I don't know if that was by design or not.

I think that's usually the case when games which are developed with a pad in my mind get KBAM controls. Though the shooting with a pad isn't difficult either

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Shooting with a pad, especially before you get all the bullet time boosts, frequently just made me wish I was kung fu'ing someone in the face instead of shooting.

That said I feel like everything else is better with a gamepad so the worst part of the game being a bit more fiddly is okay with me.

So, Poker Night 2 is pretty fun. They added Omaha poker as an optional alternative to Texas Hold'em, which is neat and fun.

fucking Omaha

"ok, I've got a king-high flush so he's only got... one... two... three... uh, seventeen outs that could put him over the top"

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    is the AI better because if I see another four way all in on the first hand I may break something

• Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Anyone want a copy of the first poker night?

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind some tf2 items the first poker night

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    edited April 2013
    Phhh y'all with your probabilities...ALL IN MOTHAFUCKAS

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have not done this since the first X com
    but still they cnanot stop hinting at it
    7A3729186A20670C25EC5E117F7EFCE4D5577F6E

This discussion has been closed.