As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Steam thread for PC gaming and life-saving surgery

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I got some crap sitting in my steam inventory. I've got 3x Sanctums, 5x Dota 2's, Braid, Half-life 2, Cthulu Saves the World, Breath of Death VII, and a Poker Night 1. Lemme know if you want one of these.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYjCXjIeNJk

There's no official thread for this near as I know. Plus we've given out a few copies.

Time Transplant.

Yeah.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Brock's reaction to his full house being a losing hand to another, better full house is pretty great.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ugh07fKhM&feature=player_embedded

I'ma keep posting these here till people complain and tell me not to. Cool? Cool.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Planetary Annihilation looks awesome.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    BYToady wrote: »
    I got some crap sitting in my steam inventory. I've got 3x Sanctums, 5x Dota 2's, Braid, Half-life 2, Cthulu Saves the World, Breath of Death VII, and a Poker Night 1. Lemme know if you want one of these.

I'd be much obliged for one of those Dotas.

See what all the fuss is about, get reminded of just how terrible I am at strategy games

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    BYToady wrote: »

I'd be much obliged for one of those Dotas.

See what all the fuss is about, get reminded of just how terrible I am at strategy games

It's not worth it Pooro

• Options
    But what if it is, Gats?

What

if

it

is

• Options
    ValaganteValagante Pony on the run. Registered User regular
    But what if it is, Gats?

What

if

it

is

I could give you like 15 Dotas.

If you promise to forgive me for giving you those.

I don't take myself seriously.
    You shouldn't take me seriously either.
    Saints Row 1 just wasn't ridiculous enough.
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Finished Dead Space 3, all up pretty similar to DS2 I think? It was good.

I thought I could improve upon the plasma cutter by adding a flamethrower, but you really need all your weapons to be tuned for limb-cutting and not general damage.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I have played Dota 2 like literally once ever

So they gave me five invites

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Dead space just makes me want to play resident evil 4.

• Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    I got given a Dota 2 invite to try and I played a total of 1 game

the match took 40 minutes and was confusing and not really fun

and I don't really have the time to actually get good at it to the point that it would become fun

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Good! Play it! Now! Go!

RE4 is probably my favourite game ever...

• Options

Good! Play it! Now! Go!

RE4 is probably my favourite game ever...

I never did get past the castle on professional...

• Options
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Fully upgraded blacktail, fully upgraded shotty with the hundred round mag, fully up'd dart thrower.

All you need. Oh, and your case stocked full of ammo.

The semi-auto sniper rifle can be helpful, but you don't need it. The dart thrower will cover for that.

• Options
    I never used the dart thrower.

I also used the starting handgun more since I liked the bonus to head shot criticals. Though obviously those only work against certain bad guys.

• Options
    People don't like the thrower because of the limited ammo. But the homing darts are sweet, and do plenty of direct and splash damage.

The blacktail is capable of carving a swathe through groups of dudes if you have good aim (heads go splat). You don't even need the shotgun except for if you let too many fools get up close to you, and also it's useful on the fucking dogs in the maze.

• Options
    God those fucking dogs.

Worst enemy in the game.

I tended to go Starting pistol, starting shotgun, semi auto rifle, and knife :P But like I said I never made it through pro mode.

Several runs I did with the Typewriter though.

Man that thing would have been fun if it weren't a cheat.

• Options
    It's not a cheat. You just have to play the game through multiple times to save up the million pesetas it cost, then choose the gangster costume, and kill the fuck out of everything.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I just meant it would be cool if it was a normal upgradable weapon in the game.

Would have been fun. Afterall it had some of the best animations. Besides the bolt action rifle.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    And the Red9, if you're wearing the gangster suit.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    a colt would match the other guns better.

I'm pretty sure the bolt action is an enfield and obviously the Thompson is american.

Wait the Bolt action rifle is seemingly modeled after a springfield m1903 rifle.

The typewriter is the thompson M1A1.

So a colt 1911 would make a lot more sense.

Maybe give Leon a WW2 GI outfit.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    But what if it is, Gats?

What

if

it

is

Hey let's take old game design, one single game mode with no deviations, slap on a new coat of paint, introduce microtransactions, force the player to learn as they play in a hostile environment, have the players be slow and plodding but can die in less than five seconds if they don't have the reflexes of a twitch FPS player applied to multiple keybindings with a muddled UI and holy shit it is unforgiving MMO pvp gameplay mixed in with tower defence mechanics and it's a derivative as hell game.

Really, if you like dota and dota 2 more power to you, but jesus christ that game pisses me off something fierce. That was one of the few games where after I was done I wanted the time I wasted on it back.

• Options
    I think I might be a little crazy.

• Options
    Join the club!

• Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    what's all this about a gangster costume in RE4?
    some new junk in the wii version?
    gamecube RE 4 lyfe

• Options
    PS2, son.

• Options
    Hmm, the default keymapping on Dota 2 is... irksome.

Arrow keys to move camera, half the WASD layout as toolbar quickkeys. Which I guess would be fine if you didn't also have the mouse.

Good thing you can re-assign this shit, 'cause... yeesh.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

Arrow keys to move camera, half the WASD layout as toolbar quickkeys. Which I guess would be fine if you didn't also have the mouse.

You need to be really fast with using your abilities, and clicking the icons just doesn't cut it. You absolutely need those abilities on hotkeys, and use the mouse to move the camera.

Of course mouse cameraing is also awkward, and the drag scrolling (holding down the middle mouse button) is implemented really badly in Dota2, so maybe if you want to try that type of game you should play League instead, which also has the benefit of you can sometimes play it with me.

broken image link
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

Seek three of my items, then seek my shrine

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

You need to be really fast with using your abilities, and clicking the icons just doesn't cut it. You absolutely need those abilities on hotkeys, and use the mouse to move the camera.

Of course mouse cameraing is also awkward, and the drag scrolling (holding down the middle mouse button) is implemented really badly in Dota2, so maybe if you want to try that type of game you should play League instead, which also has the benefit of you can sometimes play it with me.

No, no, I'm all for hotkeys.

Hotkeys mapped to traditional camera controls, while the actual camera controls are way off to the side, and also there's a mouse? Very silly.

I think I'll re-map the hotkeys to, like, QERFG. That might do me.

• Options
    For some reason.

I always think of shadowgate when I hear shadowrun...

Shadowgate was a horrible adventure game for NES.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    So I spent an hour reading the Star Citizen/Squadron 42 site yesterday

And now I don't want any other games but that

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    if @Moriveth doesn't pull off a complete LP of Jagged Alliance, I'll have to resort to finding someone on youtube that did it

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well since I'll soon be unemployed I may well do that. Dunno if it's worth making a whole new thread for it, though.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    ugh, job stuff

I should apply to more places

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    I'm so thankful I finally got employment, even if it took me 4 months to just get a part time job at a movie theater.

And I have to quit in August.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Oh jeez, my monitor was doing that thing again where the power button wouldn't turn it on for a solid 15 minutes. Was all set to go out to Frys to try and get them to price-match Newegg when I get it to turn on.

I had the money for a new monitor but I really didn't have the money for a new monitor

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
This discussion has been closed.