As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

where do I buy hairbrush, chemist? [fashion/beauty]

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Also feeling the break up blues today so listening to irreplaceable on repeat

(I know it's been five months but we had been hanging out until recently)

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    the field of Theoretical Butts is my favorite

I would have figured you'd prefer Applied Butts

well, it's hard to get funding

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I only believe in the cold, hard butts in front of me

Honey if your butts are cold you are doing something wrong

well we do a lot of thor roleplay

I wouldn't have expected it to end up at Jotunheim as often as it does, but she likes what she likes

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    UsagiGarret DoriganMadEddy
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    We talkin' about boots in here?

butts

butt boots

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    mulatto boots

Mysst
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

butts

Ooooooh.

Hang on. That's a different angle and these aren't my great ass jeans.

World as MythUsagi
  • EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

butts

butt boots

You could even say.... booty

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
    MadEddy
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular

butts

Ooooooh.

Hang on. That's a different angle and these aren't my great ass jeans.

so excited right now

kQwcZLJ.png
    Usagi
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    the field of Theoretical Butts is my favorite

I would have figured you'd prefer Applied Butts

well, it's hard to get funding

Lets apply for a grant

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Is there something wrong with me if I'm considering buying hair ties just to have around for photos?

OrokosPA.png
    Garret Doriganlonelyahava
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with me if I'm considering buying hair ties just to have around for photos?

I bought a pack for exactly that reason.

SassoriStaleDonovan PuppyfuckerpookaMadEddyVivixenneNeoTomaskettios
    Well played.

OrokosPA.png

I bought a pack for exactly that reason.

oh shit, I need to take a picture of my new shoes!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    can't believe wamshot is still a thing

load of bullshot if you ask me

kQwcZLJ.png
    Futore
    you have only yourself to blame for being such an enviable and charismatic individual

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Garret DoriganFyndirSassoriThe BetgirlSkeithTheySlashThemN1tSt4lkerDonovan PuppyfuckertynicMadEddyNeoTomaASimPerson
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    You started a meme.

You are now "teh internets".

"Never Hit"
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    WaM is the alpha and Omega.

Little known fact: WaM did the original Led Zepplin Viking Kitties. WaM was responsible for Mr T eating your balls. WaM originally asked if she can haz cheezburger.

easysig2.jpg
    FyndirWorld as MythFishmanInfidelGarret DoriganSassoriTheySlashThemDonovan PuppyfuckerMadEddy
    I am all of you, I am everyone on twitter

kQwcZLJ.png
    Garret DoriganN1tSt4lker
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular

Boo :( Chin up duckie, tha'll be reigh in't mornin'.

MadEddyVivixenne
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

Boo :( Chin up duckie, tha'll be reigh in't mornin'.

Unfortunately halfway through her inspirational post Liiya had some form of aneurysm, to this day cryptographers, linguistic experts, and nerds of all stripes struggle to decipher her strange words, some believe that they have religious significance, ascribing to them an ultimate meaning of life which would bring sublime peace and joy to any who understood it, but the truth may never be known.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    WELL

WELL

How dare you.

Fyndir
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I am all of you, I am everyone on twitter

I am hope

Grey GhostMadEddyMetalbourne
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Sometimes I get a little down when I make a little effort to look nice and the only people I will see are the ladies in my office and my cats (who are not technically people I suppose)

I hate that too. It's also annoying if I try something a little different and no one notices at all. I worry that it must look really stupid and that is why no one said anything. But I don't want to ask anyone their opinion because then they'll be forced to say something nice.

Happily two people in my office have said I looked cute and one asked where I was going. This is an unusual return on my investment getting ready.

I tend to dress lazily when I can do so and stay within the accepted office attire, but every now and then I like to go a little funky with my eye makeup. I had gotten this bright blue eyeliner that I decided to try out and no one said anything almost the entire day. It was bumming me out.

Towards the end of the day I got into a conversation with one of our handsome graduate students and he complimented me on it and it made my day. Then two more people said something when they came in shortly thereafter.

It's silly, but it perks you up. Especially when other things in the office are crazy.

bowtiedseal
    Random compliments are such awesome things.

Try handing them out every now and then, a little thing can make someone feel so much better.

OrokosPA.png
    NeoTomaskettios
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    but I'm too bashful to speak with strangers!!

what if they respond to me

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    AntimatterFyndirJayKaosGarret DoriganSkeithStraightziBrian Krakow
    when I wear a Hawaiian shirt, I always acknowledge other people wearing Hawaiian shirts

ikbUJdU.jpg
    ShortyTheodore FlooseveltStraightziDonovan PuppyfuckerMadEddy
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    why would I ever go out of my way to interact with another human being in person

I do not understand

DichotomyReciprocityStraightziTheySlashThemMulysaSemproniusBrian Krakow

Skitter away, quickly!
    when I wear a Hawaiian shirt, I always acknowledge other people wearing Hawaiian shirts

Is this a meet-gaze-and-nod kinda deal?

OrokosPA.png

Skitter away, quickly!

Is this a meet-gaze-and-nod kinda deal?

actually I say 'nice shirt, man' in a slightly facetious manner

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Sometimes I get a little down when I make a little effort to look nice and the only people I will see are the ladies in my office and my cats (who are not technically people I suppose)

I hate that too. It's also annoying if I try something a little different and no one notices at all. I worry that it must look really stupid and that is why no one said anything. But I don't want to ask anyone their opinion because then they'll be forced to say something nice.

Happily two people in my office have said I looked cute and one asked where I was going. This is an unusual return on my investment getting ready.

I tend to dress lazily when I can do so and stay within the accepted office attire, but every now and then I like to go a little funky with my eye makeup. I had gotten this bright blue eyeliner that I decided to try out and no one said anything almost the entire day. It was bumming me out.

Towards the end of the day I got into a conversation with one of our handsome graduate students and he complimented me on it and it made my day. Then two more people said something when they came in shortly thereafter.

It's silly, but it perks you up. Especially when other things in the office are crazy.

Agreed. We are kindred spirits.

Down to the bright blue eyeliner, which I am wearing today!

Sassori
    I'd take a picture but my eyes are all bloodshot from staying up late to play dragon quest 8

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    Bits

Hey Bits?

You're awesome. hugs.

I'd hug Sass too, but I'm pretty sure she'd probably punch me. Which is hot, don't get me wrong, but not what I'm in the mood for.

easysig2.jpg
    bowtiedsealSassoriskettios
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I'd take a picture but my eyes are all bloodshot from staying up late to play dragon quest 8

As far as reasons for bloodshot eyes go, you could do much worse.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

Try handing them out every now and then, a little thing can make someone feel so much better.

Hey Infidel, I like you website. It's a good website.

@stale same to you <3

godmode wrote: »

Hey Infidel, I like you website. It's a good website.

LIKE IT WITH DONATIONS, JERKFACE

(Awwww <3)

OrokosPA.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i have new makeup!

yay Avon!

ohgod my face is still all broken out and ugly!

blaaaaahhhh

Also, I got a new shirt and I'm wearing it to work today.

luckily I just noticed that I put it on inside out.

it's going to be one of those days

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Okay, so here's the first ever picture I posted here, from my honeymoon, so 9 and change years ago:
    camwhore27ee.jpg
    Note the shirt. We're going on a ride.

Later that year ('04) in Aus.
    ausoct040471dm.jpg
    So, there's the shirt again.
    That's also my favourite pair of shorts. I bought them in 2001. They're a bit faded and worn, but I wore them this summer. It's only shorts weather here about 4 months a year, though.
    In fact, I only bought replacement Sketchers to replace those shoes before Easter. Most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned.
    I loved that hat, too. It died about 4 years ago. Huh.

Vancouver, '05.
    camwhore39ie.jpg
    Shirt.

D&D night, July 2009
    3750622993_771409bf34_o.jpg
    It's pretty damned remarkable that the same shirt seems to appear in around 50% of all photos of myself I've ever posted here. Either I wear it a lot more than I'm aware of, or coincidence is a bitch.

A recreation of what I wore to work on Tuesday.
    20130510085706.jpg
    It's no longer new, and it's got some *minor* fraying on the sleeves, but it's still - just - in good enough nick to stay in rotation. It probably gets worn about once a week, either as a slightly more casual work shirt or just something to throw on over the top of a T (I believe in layering).

And that's my tale of decade-old clothing.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    TheySlashThemInfidelAntimatterGatsbyUsagiDonovan PuppyfuckerWorld as MythpookaGarret DoriganSkeithlonelyahavaVivixenneProlegomenaskettios
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    hopped on a train to FASHION! got some deals on FASHION! took photos of FASHION and just before my aunt took one, was then told that pictures were not allowed, since each piece was unique; i did not mention or delete aforementioned photos -- FASHION ESPIONAGE!

i got some wintry clothes on sale, and they are very soft (two include cashmere!) photos tomorrow maybe. maybe i will share the illicit pics! i was just admiring the stuff, not like i'm going to steal the garment construction...

lfchwLd.jpg
    MadEddyOghulkFutoretynic
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I keep reading the thread title as just "Where do I hairbrush?" I don't know why. There are other words there. That's my story for today.

This discussion has been closed.