As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

where do I buy hairbrush, chemist? [fashion/beauty]

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I know the title is referring to a chemist as in a drugstore, but I like reading it as though the question is addressed to a scientist.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    SheriFutoreKilroy
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Bonus image I found while I was trawling through my back gallery.
    jjl2.jpg
    Not prom, but Commerce Student Ball 2000. I can't decide if this is awesome or embarrassing. Probably both.

This is still one of my favourite ever photos of Jen, though.
    jennymirror.jpg

Note: these are original quality. Hooray shitty digital cameras of 15 years ago!

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    VivixenneShortyUsagiVeldrinFyndirN1tSt4lkerGarret DoriganASimPersonSassoriskettios
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    oohhhh..

I think i found my go to lipstick color.

This looks fantastic on me.

I am stoked!

I will take photo later!

AntimatterbowtiedsealDonovan PuppyfuckerMadEddyFyndirMuse Among Men
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I have a fashion emergency thread. I forgot my belt.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    just get an extension cord and wrap it around yourself

Garret Dorigan
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Wanna trade Dan?

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I have a fashion emergency thread. I forgot my belt.

perhaps you could rakishly tear a piece of fabric from your shirt and use it to fashion one?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    @Fishman I am 80% sure you wore that shirt to AusPAX, because there is a photo of your shirt being ripped open on the log flume and I recall it being roughly that color

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    I'm pretty sure I spent a good part of this afternoon with my fly down

so

fashion advice

XYZ

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    pass it off like you were making a statement

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    oohhhh..

I think i found my go to lipstick color.

This looks fantastic on me.

I am stoked!

I will take photo later!

It's choice and also sweet as that you're stoked.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    just be really indignant if anyone points it out to you, like all "WHAT WERE YOU DOING STARING AT MY CROTCH"

TheySlashThemMadEddygodmodeFyndirN1tSt4lker

so

fashion advice

XYZ

Doing up your fly is occasionally a really hard thing to keep track of.

ShortyPeenTallaclassee
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Fishman I am 80% sure you wore that shirt to AusPAX, because there is a photo of your shirt being ripped open on the log flume and I recall it being roughly that color

I distinctly remember that shirt as well

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Fishman I am 80% sure you wore that shirt to AusPAX, because there is a photo of your shirt being ripped open on the log flume and I recall it being roughly that color

I distinctly remember that shirt as well

That shirt goes everywhere with me, apparently.
    I also found some old photos of me singing Karaoke in it at PAX '05.

It's not even that I like it all that much, it's just in a sweet spot of inoffensive, hardwearing and utilitarian, so gets used a bit. Just good enough to keep, just plain enough that I don't care what happens to it, just neat enough to work in IT, just casual enough for weekend wear.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Some say you can see that shirt in the background of old Confederate military photographs

VeldrinN1tSt4lkerASimPerson
    edited May 2013

so

fashion advice

XYZ

I actually have a pair of old jeans - principally only worn now for yardwork or walking the dog early in the morning before I shower - where the fly is so worn that in the course of a 10 minute dog walk, it will occasionally unzip itself of its own accord.

I wouldn't even notice half the time, but I'll be walking along on a frosty winter morning, and suddenly feel a bit nippy in a place that should be toasty and warm.

Fishman on
    Abracadaniel
    Fishman wrote: »

so

fashion advice

XYZ

I actually have a pair of old jeans - principally only worn now for yardwork or walking the dog early in the morning before I shower - where the fly is so worn that in the course of a 10 minute dog walk, it will unzip itself of its own accord.

I wouldn't even notice half the time, but I'll be walking along on a frosty winter morning, and suddenly feel a bit nippy in a place that should be toasty and warm.

I'm pretty sure this is what happened, and I didn't notice cause most of my jeans have a button fly so I'm used to it staying 'up'

edited May 2013
    we went and saw Star Trek: Into Darkness last night

but this was straight after a home viewing, which was straight after Blake getting home from work

so we go to the movies with him wearing a three-piece bespoke suit and he looks hot as hell

me in black jeans and a Jeanswest baggy top

I like to think people thought we were on a first date and Blake had brought the big guns out to make a dapper first impression

people kept looking at us funny

Vivixenne on
    lonelyahavaGarret DoriganMadEddyNeoTomapookaASimPersonRuby Rhodskettios
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    "Hey yo girl, wanna come out with me some time? We'll do it up right. We'll see Star Trek, I'll wear a suit, maybe take you out to Olive Garden after. 'Cause girl I'm a goddamn gentleman."

FyndirN1tSt4lkerNeoTomaASimPersonSporkAndrewTallaclasseeskettios
    actually we had sushi from a place next to the escalators

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It sounds like you went to Carousel? Did you see any mice in the cinema?

Yeah, foreign food.

Also I saw no one look at us funny.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Yeah, foreign food.

Isn't, like, all the food in Australia foreign food?

Is there such a thing as Australian cuisine?

poison

FyndirNeoToma
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Shrimp on the barbie!

Alt joke: Outback Steakhouse, duh

godmode on
    Fyndir

they were mostly looking at me

some old dude and his wife, a younger couple walking past the long escalators, one of the nerds sitting outside the cinema probably waiting for the next show

There's heaps of cool native Australian food. Then just European food. Then the awesome stuff all the immigration has brought with it.

tynic
    But really, it's hard to go past a meat pie and choc milk.

Veldrin

they were mostly looking at me

some old dude and his wife, a younger couple walking past the long escalators, one of the nerds sitting outside the cinema probably waiting for the next show

Maybe they were all racists.

Donovan PuppyfuckerNeoToma
    edited May 2013
    It sounds like you went to Carousel? Did you see any mice in the cinema?

pffffffft Carousel

please

(Galleria)

(there were no mice)

Vivixenne on
    Morley? How did you sneak past the roving gangs of skinheads?

(It's been a couple of years since I've been, they might have moved back to their spiritual home Midland Gate)

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    this whole washing my face thing idk

i think it's just causing me to break out, and i haven't really had much acne in years

just like using no shampoo for forever makes my hair soft and not greasy, and it gets bad if i actually do wash it, maybe i should just keep not washing my face

maybe everything is better that way

hmm

poo
    what are you using in your face washing routine?

so i got like some dove men gentle facial wash for daily use
    and kyokou facial scrub for 1-2x a week
    and then nivea lotion w/spf 15

poo
    what is your skin type?
    are you using a toner?
    is the lotion formulated for the body or for your face?

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I have to use oil-free facial moisturizer (and very light ones at that) or else my face breaks out. Every so often something will give me a dry patch, and I'll have to use some Cetaphil, but I have to be really careful to only apply it to the dry area, or I'll regret it later.

what is your skin type?
    are you using a toner?
    is the lotion formulated for the body or for your face?

skin type... idk.. oily perhaps?
    toner, no, should i? i saw some toner pads that were recommended, i can order those...
    moisturizer: http://www.amazon.com/Nivea-Essentials-Protective-Lotion-2-5-Ounce/dp/B001FB5ILE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368154607&sr=8-1&keywords=nivea+spf+15 it says stuff about face care and that it's oil free

i haven't really had any breaking out problems when i never washed my face :-/ hmm

poo
    edited May 2013
    an oil-free moisturizer doesn't technically mean it won't cause breakouts - if you have oily skin and are using a moisturizer for dry to normal skin, that could be part of the problem

re: toner - http://vivixenne.tumblr.com/post/17181828957/toning-my-mug
    re: skin type - http://vivixenne.tumblr.com/post/6342277918/what-i-know-about-my-skin (mostly the stuff towards the bottom)

breakouts can happen if you have relatively normal or combination skin (which tend to be not-very-prone to breakouts) but then cleanser and moisturize with the wrong stuff

Vivixenne on
    Shazkar ShadowstormN1tSt4lker
This discussion has been closed.