As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Anti-D&D Movie

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    There are plenty of other RPGs other than D&D

oh here comes crazy old man solar with his wacky ideas

well

surely that would be the other way around

as back in the day you had DnD and that's it

and then more stuff came out

until right now where there are more RPGs on the market than ever before?

Seriously if t is a real shame that DnD is, like, the only face of roleplaying, because DnD probably puts some people off that might otherwise like all manner of great RPGs

wait

wait

was that a Beauty and the Beast reference?

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Crazy old Solar, eh?

Crazy old Solar, ehhh?

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hey DE?AD I still have that Gamma World box.

Just sayin'.

Also Gamma World seems like a ton of fun.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I should run a Gamma World adventure inspired by Dragon Ball Z

it sounds stupid enough to work

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Dubh wrote: »
    I should run a Gamma World adventure inspired by Dragon Ball Z

it sounds stupid enough to work

Buttlord GT?

edit: holy shit just re-read that, haven't looked at it in a long time. neeeevermind

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    buttlord GT is still funny

but I have less patience for all the gayshaming now than I did when I was 17

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Crazy old Solar, eh?

Crazy old Solar, ehhh?

The rest of us with our wacky ideas really don't get enough credit, and I think it really is a shame that Solar is the face of these wacky ideas, as he probably puts some people off that might really like wacky ideas.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote: »
    You literally had no clue who Snake Eyes was!

Because GI Joe is stupiiiiiiiid

You come at The Rock, you better come correct.
    TheRock-484x550.jpg

Straightzi wrote: »
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Crazy old Solar, eh?

Crazy old Solar, ehhh?

The rest of us with our wacky ideas really don't get enough credit, and I think it really is a shame that Solar is the face of these wacky ideas, as he probably puts some people off that might really like wacky ideas.

that's a backhanded compliment if ever there was one!

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote: »
    You literally had no clue who Snake Eyes was!

Because GI Joe is stupiiiiiiiid

:C

Ghost, I

I'm sorry, man.

I didn't want you to find out like this.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I'm having a blast in my current Gamma World game.

I'm playing a Telekinetic Frankenstein's Monster. Who runs a Fix-it shop when he isn't out crushing the skulls of Badders and Porkers with telekinetic fists.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Also they're delicious, and best served raw while trying to hit me with flails.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh man,

three days to go!

Super sweet staircase up next!

(I am excited about the kickstarter bros)

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    This is a picture of the full painted set. It looks siiiiiick.
    1200ddp.jpg

• TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    They already made this, like, thirty years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazes_and_Monsters

Helped launch Tom Hanks' movie career.

did anyone say I have spells yet

because if not

I have spells.

sig.png
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    Not sure if it actually happened, but for some reason I remember him sprinkling a prostitute with glitter right after that.

I kinda don't wanna watch it after for fear I'll find I'm making it up.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Blake T wrote: »
    This is a picture of the full painted set. It looks siiiiiick.
    1200ddp.jpg

Oh my god I can't waaaaaait

Signed up for three sets and two packs of this add-on a while back

Unpaired of course, because that's a stupid amount of money to pay to have someone dry brush stuff when I can do it in a single weekend

8406wWN.png
    Yeah, I'm debating about the dressing pack and maybe the general big tile set.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I almost called you Black Tea

Time for bed, then

Miss me? Find me on:

Hot, classically english and a little bitter?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    PLUTOMANTIC BLAST STYLE
    A Plutomancer doesn't hurt you, he makes you hurt yourself. This school's blast makes you deliberately injure yourself with whatever is convenient. Under the influence of PIutomantic blasts, people have shot themselves, broken television screens on their heads, jumped in front of cars, and put blowtorches against their own temples

No. No no no no noooooooo...

That is fucking horrible.

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    PLUTOMANTIC BLAST STYLE
    A Plutomancer doesn't hurt you, he makes you hurt yourself. This school's blast makes you deliberately injure yourself with whatever is convenient. Under the influence of PIutomantic blasts, people have shot themselves, broken television screens on their heads, jumped in front of cars, and put blowtorches against their own temples

something something epideromancy (you touch people and a body part falls the fuck off)

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    yeah those things from that kickstarter look pretty neat but I mean

how many games that take place inside simple masonry structures / classic "dungeons" do you really want to play

0BnD8l3.gif
    Good tiles are going to see a bunch of use regardless of what the game setting is

Miss me? Find me on:

I came up with a fantasy setting in a particularly boring lecture once where everyone lived in giant super-dungeons

like fantasy hive-cities, I guess

they were built by the Gods to be giant weapons against the Titans, and the world was basically a frameworld of God-cities connected by a celestial framework surrounding a giant portal to all the elemental realms that powered the whole system. All the inbetween world bit was sort of an after thought that got filled in over time for not much reason other than because I guess, and all the various species were created by the Gods to maintain their giant staging platform for war against the outer darkness.

So for that, I guess

it might be pretty good

otherwise though no I agree it seems slightly limited

Yeah, you could always use a bit of imagination. They give a bit of vertical depth and you could always make say a path with the tiles and overlay it on a green board so it's a forest setting and make a ruin or something.

Or you could make it into external setting of a town.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    PLUTOMANTIC BLAST STYLE

something something epideromancy (you touch people and a body part falls the fuck off)

That's still you hurting them, rather than them being forced to hurt themselves, though?

Think about it for a second, what's going through your head in two alternate scenarios:

1) Some dude walks into the room and throws a magic fireball at you.
    2) Some dude walks into the room and now you have this uncontrollable compunction to shove the woodworking chisel sitting on the bench there through your own neck. You don't want to hurt yourself, obviously, but despite being fully conscious and otherwise totally in control of your faculties, you absolutely cannot stop your hand from picking up the chisel and slowly working it through your own skin, musculature, artery...

It also just broke 1.25 mil fingers crossed it'll hit 1.35 and we will get those sweet stairs.

The stretch goal after that is pretty shit though.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I foresee a lot of groups being extremely excited to be going to a castle / tower / "ruins" / etc.

0BnD8l3.gif
    Yeah. I'm pretty happy to mostly use it for that.

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Oh man,

three days to go!

Super sweet staircase up next!

(I am excited about the kickstarter bros)

I suppose this would be a bad time to tell you about the kickstarter that Itar's Dungeon has up for dungeon terrain and accessories. The walls are about half the height of the Dwarven Forge walls, but all their pieces (walls, floors, and accessories) are half the price of DF's equivalents, and they have a lot of odd little accessories available. Some of the pieces look, well, not so great - you can tell which pieces came out of a 3D printer - but overall there's some nice stuff in there that isn't in DF's kickstarter, and it looks like the pieces they have as add-ons in the kickstarter are cheaper there than they would be if you bought them through their store directly.

Tn8RVIF.jpg

Honestly, I think I prefer dwarves forge's better, but I like the dungeon dressing pieces more.

PLUTOMANTIC BLAST STYLE

That's still you hurting them, rather than them being forced to hurt themselves, though?

Think about it for a second, what's going through your head in two alternate scenarios:

1) Some dude walks into the room and throws a magic fireball at you.
    2) Some dude walks into the room and now you have this uncontrollable compunction to shove the woodworking chisel sitting on the bench there through your own neck. You don't want to hurt yourself, obviously, but despite being fully conscious and otherwise totally in control of your faculties, you absolutely cannot stop your hand from picking up the chisel and slowly working it through your own skin, musculature, artery...

if i'm at the point where i'm deliberately making a dude do that he probably fuckin deserves it

dick

Perhaps you are in fact the 'recipient'?

why wouldn't i be the guy who so firmly believes money/wealth is the driving force in the world that the act of accumulating money lets him do magic

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Chris, this is Buttlord you're arguing with.

why wouldn't i be the guy who so firmly believes money/wealth is the driving force in the world that the act of accumulating money lets him do magic

the answer i'm looking for is "because entropomancy is way goddamn cooler"

edited April 2013
    "huh what's that, i narrowly avoided my death and the deaths of tens of other people through sheer blind luck?

i guess i'm gonna win the lotto tomorrow

in every state"

Buttlord on
    Those are words

But they aren't making any sense

Miss me? Find me on: