As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 4/24/13: Oh my God, triplets.

2»

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    My Moment of the Week is Deadpool being organ-mugged regularly without his knowledge. He gets knocked out and his organs and blood get harvested for the lead in to the next story arc.

Also Greg Land takes a shot from the letters page as a response to an insult to his complexion: "If you want pretty faces, go read Iron Man! -Hurtpool"

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Here's the YA Playlist on Youtube.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    last comment on Teddy/Billy

Billy is an annoying fuckup, yes and I get why people don't care for him

but if there's a writer in comics that can make him awesome, it's Gillen.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It's not that Billy screws up all the time, it's that he's always been at the front of any story they do, more than any other character.

I think it says something when characters like Kate and Cassie moved away from YA, how they became a lot more likable to fans because they were actually able to get noticed for a change.

Billy's kind of like Wolverine, only that there really isn't fan demand for him, so just put him in time out or something for an arc.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah

every Young Avengers story becomes Billy and friends and it's a bloody pain

just let someone else be the front guy for a change

which was why the last issue was good

Billy was not in it so much and everyone else got to do stuff instead

• Options
    well, him being the front guy would be not such a big deal if he was not also such a whiny little fuckup

but it's six of one and half a dozen of the other, really

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Well it made sense when Heinberg was writing it because let's be honest Billy is a bit of a self-insert character.

And thankfully Gillen seems interstates in addressing the problems with him.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    And also to be fair the first arc of YA wasn't billy centric either, it's just there have been so few stories about this team.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Bale are you posting from your phone

because I don't think you meant to put "interstates" there

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah, hopefully this arc is Gillen addressing Wiccan's, for lack of a better phrase, Mary Sue nature and moving past it.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I was posting from my phone yes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    really I think that with Noh Var and Hulkling on the team, as well as Loki to an extent, there is a huge amount of potential for cosmic stories with the YA team

they could definitely go into space and have cool space adventures based around the Kree and Skrulls

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    really I think that with Noh Var and Hulkling on the team, as well as Loki to an extent, there is a huge amount of potential for cosmic stories with the YA team

they could definitely go into space and have cool space adventures based around the Kree and Skrulls

I'd say this is guaranteed because it would give Gillen another excuse to use Death's Head

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

Hmm, the new Nova is pretty young. Wouldn't be out of the question for a cross-over.

Speaking of skrulls, they were noticeably absent from a recent summit of galactic superpowers, which included kree, badoon, freakin' Annihilus, and even Asgard, that took place in Guardians of the Galaxy. They have definitely fallen off of the galactic radar now after all their losses. So there's a potential story there - them targeting Noh Var could be about something beyond simple vengeance.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    There basically are no Skrulls left.

• Options
    There's at least a good amount that weren't into the religion of the ones who invaded Earth. There was the group that hid out on Knowhere, for instance.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    And they are involved in Infinity, specifically the Avengers tie-ins.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Between the Annihilation Wave, the faction that was defeated on Earth, and the remnants that were wiped out by the Inhumans, they're no longer a galactic superpower. But their empire was so huge there's no way they're about to go extinct anytime soon. If anything, there'll be more bands of pissed off marauders who aren't bound by politics going around trying to avenge their lost greatness at any cost.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Between the Annihilation Wave, the faction that was defeated on Earth, and the remnants that were wiped out by the Inhumans, they're no longer a galactic superpower. But their empire was so huge there's no way they're about to go extinct anytime soon. If anything, there'll be more bands of pissed off marauders who aren't bound by politics going around trying to avenge their lost greatness at any cost.
    Plus, you know, they're pretty good at hiding.

Though I liked that one bit in Thanos #7 where Thanos is just walking along, and then randomly kills a dude. When the local police are like "WTF?" Thanos just points out it was a Skrull.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    There was a Thanos series that went to #7 or more? I don't think I know about this series and that needs correcting!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    There was a Thanos series that went to #7 or more? I don't think I know about this series and that needs correcting!

It was a 12 issue mini-series that took place after "Marvel: The End" and leads directly into Annihilation. It was collected in two six issue volumes, Thanos: Epiphany and Thanos: Samaritan; but they've been out of print for years and fetch crazy high prices right now, making them unfeasible to obtain. (Amazon has $84.95 as the cheapest available prices from resellers.. and that's for each volume. New it's fetching upwards of $300 bucks each volume)

LUCKILY, due to the recent Thanos-mania, Marvel is reprinting this miniseries in a single TPB collection, Thanos: Redemption. You can actually get most of Thanos major appearences up until Anniilation either right now or by the end of the year.

Avengers vs Thanos
    Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Infinity Gauntlet Aftermath(Not sure if he shows up in this)
    Infinity War
    Infinity Crusade 1
    Infinity Crusade 2
    Thor: Blood and Thunder
    Thor vs Thanos
    Thanos: Infinity Abyss (Reprint not up on Amazon yet)
    Marvel Universe: The End
    Thanos: Redemption

As far as I can tell, in at least major appearances, all that's missing is some Silver Surfer issues inbetween Rebirth of Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet, the Cosmic Powers series and some minor stuff with Ka-zar and Deadpool. Oh, an annihilation is still pretty out of print. And I wouldn't quite recommend several of these unless you're a big Thanos fan (Infinity Crusade and Infinity Abyss are pretty meh.)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    I read Infinity Crusade #1 and it definitely reads like Starlin was just throwing stuff at a wall to see what stuck.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

It was a 12 issue mini-series that took place after "Marvel: The End" and leads directly into Annihilation. It was collected in two six issue volumes, Thanos: Epiphany and Thanos: Samaritan; but they've been out of print for years and fetch crazy high prices right now, making them unfeasible to obtain. (Amazon has $84.95 as the cheapest available prices from resellers.. and that's for each volume. New it's fetching upwards of $300 bucks each volume)

LUCKILY, due to the recent Thanos-mania, Marvel is reprinting this miniseries in a single TPB collection, Thanos: Redemption. You can actually get most of Thanos major appearences up until Anniilation either right now or by the end of the year.

Avengers vs Thanos
    Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Infinity Gauntlet Aftermath(Not sure if he shows up in this)
    Infinity War
    Infinity Crusade 1
    Infinity Crusade 2
    Thor: Blood and Thunder
    Thor vs Thanos
    Thanos: Infinity Abyss (Reprint not up on Amazon yet)
    Marvel Universe: The End
    Thanos: Redemption

As far as I can tell, in at least major appearances, all that's missing is some Silver Surfer issues inbetween Rebirth of Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet, the Cosmic Powers series and some minor stuff with Ka-zar and Deadpool. Oh, an annihilation is still pretty out of print. And I wouldn't quite recommend several of these unless you're a big Thanos fan (Infinity Crusade and Infinity Abyss are pretty meh.)

The easiest way to get Annihilation is digitally. Comixology has it at $2/issue.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ya I thankfully have Cosmic from Anni to Imperative complete in singles. Never knew about a few of those tho ( of course it's the stupid expensive ones tho). Least the one is getting a reprint.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    MOTW for me was in Gambit. Gambit wakes up to find Joelle and Rogue duking it out and doesn't stop them cause he thinks he's dreaming and he wants to see where the dream goes. good stuff right there.

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448