As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Really Makes Ya [Chat], Don't it?

19495969798100»

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Also campus feminist groups have been annoying me by assuming anyone in a shared space is interested in being lectured

If this keeps up I'm going to be a pro business republican because everything about the liberal arts has been punching me in the face lately

@spool32

override367 on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i talked to two advisors and both basically glazed over when i mentioned i had a non-LA major

lol

"Oh, you're learning how to make something useful in the real world. Ehhhh."

it was like 'oh so like, computers?... well... hmm, you've taken intro to applied computer tech, right? everyone has to do that. should be easy for you since you're good with computers lol...'

then i was talking about how i know i need two general electives, can i take history for both or do they need to be separate depts to fulfill the graduation requirement

and they were incredibly conversant and interested in that

I FEEL SO ALONE EMMNMNE

SO ALONE AND MISUNDERSTOOD

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Also campus feminist groups have been annoying me by assuming anyone in a shared space is interested in being lectured

If this keeps up I'm going to be a pro business republican

@spool32

yesssssss

We pay those feminists well for a reason. They get results.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Good afternoon page 100.

Do I get to make a krabby patty chat now?

488W936.png
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    kaleedity wrote: »
    < has never had a falling or flying dream

I had a dream last night!
    I was at this bigass mansion and there was this thing going on, I don't know if it was for some larp bullshit (I've never done anything like that) or for some like secretive agency having an event or something but I remember that, of the hundreds or so present, each person had different goals. Like, I don't know, a forum phalla or something (I've never participated in one of those). I had a backpack and apparently its contents were hella important to my goal and others'. I remember everything being pretty calm and people were kinda just hanging out and then suddenly this event started happening where people were showing up and if you were caught doing something out of line then you were out or something. I remember locking myself in a small room and thinking "man there's a window this isn't helpful" and there was a bigass cabinet like the ones beneath the sinks in bathrooms and I wondered if I could fit inside of it and I woke up
    Often, my dreams end not when something bad happens. It's more like something too complex or out of line causes my dream to crash like a program or something.

Big endless interior architecture is such a thing in dreams and I really want to read some kind of study into it. Is it all a conglomeration of memories of being a toddler and wobbling your way around a house that seemed like a giant self-enclosed world at the time? Hallways and classrooms in big elementary schools?

Likewise complicated social situations that are sort of Ill-defined but bearing consequences , but that one basically sounds like waking life. : p

almost all my dreams are like this

well, they don't have the same social interactions, but there are rarely any supernatural or absurd visuals, or really anything that I'd describe as a dreamscape.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    also 90% of me is handling this situation with my half brother's dad well

and the other 10% of me wants to beat up a gross fifty something

On the one hand, I think this self-control is the ideal approach.

On the other hand I want to burst in the front door and toss you a nightstick from acRoss the room.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Look I'm not trying to empower the patriarchy

I'm just trying to eat lunch

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    i talked to two advisors and both basically glazed over when i mentioned i had a non-LA major

lol

it was like 'oh so like, computers?... well... hmm, you've taken intro to applied computer tech, right? everyone has to do that. should be easy for you since you're good with computers lol...'

then i was talking about how i know i need two general electives, can i take history for both or do they need to be separate depts to fulfill the graduation requirement

I FEEL SO ALONE EMMNMNE

So write a slam poem about it. Or do an interpretive dance.

Fucking. Something vapid and pretentious. Fuck man.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

lol

I FEEL SO ALONE EMMNMNE

Change to an English major. Write an essay about how bleak you feel.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    japan wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    mass effect 2 and 3 are so much better than 1

i think it's time we accept that CoD bros have better taste in gameplay than RPG grognards

Better is relative. If you like action games AND are cool with your stats not mattering, maybe its better. But if you care about stats and character building, ME is an atrocious series from a gameplay standpoint. Also, there is more to gameplay than just combat, and the inventory management/equipment options were poorly implemented in ME, and of course, the dialog based gameplay may be the worst in any RPG that attempted to have real dialog based gameplay, since the full voice overs limited the options so drastically, and you didn't even know what you were going to say half the time.

It's not a poor RPG.

Because RPGs don't have to be about managing spreadsheets of character stats. If I wanted to do that, I'd be an accountant, but I do like games with strong character roles and development.

Hint: Character development in a game does not require D&D derived stats.

It's the best RPG in terms of being able to express a personality within the game world, in a manner that actually interacts with the plot.

Classic PC RPGs are really bad at that. They're good at letting you refine and express a character's abilities.

Stats are less important than the ability to roleplay, IMO.

I disagree in the strongest terms possible. I think ME was the single worst RPG I have ever played in terms of actually playing a role (of the games that attempt it). Look at Fallout 1, where you have as many as 7 or 8 choices in each dialog, AND they are all fully spelled out so you know what you are saying. That is a game that lets you play a real character. In ME, all you can choose to do is play a good guy or a dick, basically. I never felt less connected to an RPG character than I did to Shephard because I never knew what "I" was going to say when I picked an option.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

lol

I FEEL SO ALONE EMMNMNE

I never got that at my university. It helped that we didn't have generic advisors. My advisor was the undergraduate administrator for computer engineering and electrical engineering.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    kaleedity wrote: »
    < has never had a falling or flying dream

I had a dream last night!
    I was at this bigass mansion and there was this thing going on, I don't know if it was for some larp bullshit (I've never done anything like that) or for some like secretive agency having an event or something but I remember that, of the hundreds or so present, each person had different goals. Like, I don't know, a forum phalla or something (I've never participated in one of those). I had a backpack and apparently its contents were hella important to my goal and others'. I remember everything being pretty calm and people were kinda just hanging out and then suddenly this event started happening where people were showing up and if you were caught doing something out of line then you were out or something. I remember locking myself in a small room and thinking "man there's a window this isn't helpful" and there was a bigass cabinet like the ones beneath the sinks in bathrooms and I wondered if I could fit inside of it and I woke up
    Often, my dreams end not when something bad happens. It's more like something too complex or out of line causes my dream to crash like a program or something.

Big endless interior architecture is such a thing in dreams and I really want to read some kind of study into it. Is it all a conglomeration of memories of being a toddler and wobbling your way around a house that seemed like a giant self-enclosed world at the time? Hallways and classrooms in big elementary schools?

Likewise complicated social situations that are sort of Ill-defined but bearing consequences , but that one basically sounds like waking life. : p

If only you knew someone going into neuroscience or psychology.

*starts organizing Shivahn's classes for her*

*deletes her proposed thesis paper summary and emails a new one to her professors*

*sets passive aggressive outlook calendar alarms to remind her to email me periodic updates on how "our" research is going*

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Geth closes thread after page 100, not at.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Look I'm not trying to empower the patriarchy

Aren't you though?

Aren't you?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Delmain wrote: »

lol

I FEEL SO ALONE EMMNMNE

I never got that at my university. It helped that we didn't have generic advisors. My advisor was the undergraduate administrator for computer engineering and electrical engineering.

i am looking forward to that once i transfer- being in a dept that garners advisory appts with relevant faculty

at my community college everyone is a generic advisor

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    naaaaiiiiil

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @Organichu will create the new thread
    @ronya is backup

This discussion has been closed.