As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buttoneering! - IT IS TIME

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Once again just wanted to say thanks to everyone that made an appearance this morning for button trading , great to see some old faces again and new ones as well. Hope to see everyone Sunday after the convention for the final button trading experience of Pax Prime 2013

• Options
    CovetCovet Registered User regular
    Reminder that there is ONE more meetup in front of the Convention Center (on the steps) AFTER the final round of the Omegathon.

• Options
    lelulalelula Registered User regular
    I didn't even think to check here for meet ups... I've just been keeping an eye open for people sporting buttons. Meet ups sound so much easier ;)

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Final Salute to everyone all weekend long for trading pins, I think we got most of the buttons listed on the site, will know for sure once we get home and I have the change to place them all on draklan's vest , will post a picture when it's done.

• Options
    bloatedhippobloatedhippo Registered User regular
    Had fun trading :)

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Great time as always.

I just noticed your sig hippo, great job Brigade!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    I didn't get a bloatedhippo button, and I was looking for you.
    There were a lot of buttons I missed... Remote trading perhaps?

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I got extras of the 8-bit Walking Dead and Game of Thrones buttons if people are desparate to complete their collections. :)

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    There are lots of buttons not on the site - I have about 30-40 that aren't listed. Please list your design, and relist as Prime 2013 if you reused a button! I want to check them off!!

And despite all the buttons I got, I missed quite a few. Sad. Had lots of fun though and I'll see y'all next year!!

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    lelulalelula Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I sadly underestimated the buttoneering. Ended up with 55 from other buttoneers. I'll be bringing a lot more next year!

Also noticed most of the booths just had buttons for swag... got loaded down with game buttons...

lelula on
  • Options
    skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    I think I only traded about 70 with other buttoneers. People were much harder to spot this year! Ah well, I still have about 20 Got Lag buttons so if anyone needs it to complete their set, let me know.

• Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    As usual, you guys were all awesome. I have more buttons than I can fit on my bag! I enjoyed meeting everyone, and I apologize to the folks who I couldn't talk to for long. Enforcing keeps you busy!

Like every year, I'm asking for input on everything we did... The meetups, button radar, the site, the apps, how we make them, anything. Also, post your collections!

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Travman93Travman93 Billings, MTRegistered User regular
    I had an absolute blast! This being my first PAX and first con period, I had a bit of difficulty finding Buttoneers without being at the designated meetups. I did attend the final meetup, and had so much fun. Definitely looking forward to it next year!!

• Options
    KomiKomi Registered User regular
    Awesome time this year. I actually spent some time sitting down on level 6 near the expo hall entrance and found a fair few buttoneers that way. I traded far more during the con this year than I did last year, and it was really awesome. I sadly still have a good 50ish of both my buttons left since the only meetup I made was after the omegathon, but hey, whatever. Only meetup I made was the final meetup because I ended up sick on Sunday and woke up late Saturday.

My favorite trade was definitely getting yelled "DON'T GET ON THAT ESCALATOR!" as I was leaving BYOC from someone trading. That was pretty awesome.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I loved #buttonradar, and wished more people used it. I might suggest it not strip out photos though. It would have been helpful to post a picture of either the button being offered, or a pic of our exact location. Covet and I camped out in a few places that would have been easier to find with a photo.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Def need more peeps using the radar.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    I appreciated the call out of the other pin upstart during the presentation of the buttons to Mike & Jerry.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Erg, the last time I thought about ButtonRadar was in BYOC line the morning before PAX started, and didn't think about it again until reading this post here from jonxp asking how buttonradar went... sorry. :(

Once again, looks like 150 is the magic number of buttons for me to buy. I got 200 this year thinking how quickly pax sold out, but still went home with a bag stuffed with like, 50 owls.

All hooting.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    Had a fantastic time! Everyone's buttons turned out fantastic and I loved hearing"ooo thats a button I really wanted" from people.

Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • Options
    JenniLyneJenniLyne Registered User regular
    I missed so many buttons!

• Options
    Had a fantastic time! Everyone's buttons turned out fantastic and I loved hearing"ooo thats a button I really wanted" from people.
    Yeah, I don't know what I do really, but every year a few people jump me exclaming how much they wanted my button. I do love making people happy or making their day, so it's a win-win for everyone.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    I saw so few people this year and had to leave before the final meetup got going, so this years FF button is gonna be super rare. :P

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    so final version of my Buttoneering Vest.
    1234138_10151921529771289_1092808767_n.jpg
    Thanks to everyone who traded buttons with me making it look so awesome. Can't wait for next year

• Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    Enforcing wiped me out so I slept through the mornign meetups and my ride had to leave so I had to bail at the end for the first time ever >.< I got quite a few buttons but I have tons left!

Let there be games!
  • Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    I'm down for the mailing thing this year. I have TONS of extra's. Flutteryay is low, it was popular to the point that Bronies would come to me and ask either where I got them or if they could have one. I had trouble not handing them out >.< but I have some left! Pikapuf I'm looking at you and holding up my button <.<

Let there be games!
  • Options
    CovetCovet Registered User regular
    I'm happy to coordinate the mail order buttoneering again this year if no one else wants to do it. I'll make the post on the weekend so I enough time to get over the PAX pox. :(

• Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Oh, I so want Flutteryay. That was one I was looking for all weekend and I'm sad I didn't find you.

Covet, I swear on all my buttons, this year I will actually send you my buttons for remote trading.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I have about 15 Kerbal Space Administration buttons left. A few Rainbow Dash "bonus" (aka east leftovers) as well, so i'd be up for some remote trading.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    I feel bad for missing all the meetups. I probably have over 100 pins I didn't get to trade, was just way too busy!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I think I ended up with something like 45 buttons left over. Guess ill have some bonuses for next year.

Now, what to make my design...

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    It was nice meeting everyone at the Saturday and Sunday meetups! I have about ~10 fireflies buttons and ~25 Isaac Clarke bonus buttons left over.

Hope to see all of you again at East '14!

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    courtneyj wrote: »
    I appreciated the call out of the other pin upstart during the presentation of the buttons to Mike & Jerry.

:D I hope I didn't offend Mike too much.

• Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    jonxp wrote: »

I wasn't there...what the hell happened?

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    alegria wrote: »
    jonxp wrote: »

I wasn't there...what the hell happened?

Here's the presentation: http://www.twitch.tv/pax/c/2860125?t=6m40s. I like the trick I'm doing where my lips don't match my voice.

EDIT: Switched to the direct timecode link

jonxp on
  • Options
    dreamninjadreamninja Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for all that made this an amazing experience. My girlfriend was quite surprised and rolled her eyes when she saw my sign signed by all those that were kind enough to do so
    Front of sign if any missed it
    sign.png
    Signed sign
    sign2.jpg
    pile of buttons with celebratory pizza
    buttons.jpg

dreamninja on
  • Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Had a great time of it, as always; I'll tally up my spares for some mail-order Buttoneering for anyone who missed out. =)

• Options
    I'm down for the mailing thing this year. I have TONS of extra's. Flutteryay is low, it was popular to the point that Bronies would come to me and ask either where I got them or if they could have one. I had trouble not handing them out >.< but I have some left! Pikapuf I'm looking at you and holding up my button <.<
    <3<3<3

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    KomiKomi Registered User regular
    If we're doing that thing where we send our spares to one person and they sort out tossing them to people who don't have them, I'm -totally- down to do that. I still have 50 - 60 of both of my buttons.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Options
    SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    I had the Skyrim shield buttons. The blue bear (Windhelm) only has two left. I have 6-7 of the brown wolf (Solitude) and a dozen of the yellow ram (Whiterun). I would be happy to mail them all to someone coordinating a mail trade.

I have 80+ buttons on my "uncollected" list, and a few of them I'm really surprised I didn't get them.

The good news is that I traded 144 buttons at PAX this year. :) Add in all the buttons from the booths and I easily got over 300 buttons.

Is anyone at all trading the "Pinny Arcade" buttons, or is that bad form? I got a few from the Magic The Gathering booth if anyone wants to trade, and I'm missing a couple from behemoth that I'd like if anyone got duplicates.

Speaking of duplicates, I did get doubles of some of the regular buttoneering buttons, so if the mail thing is "go", I will send my dupes there as well.

• Options
    SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    ps I really, really want one of the Harley Quinn buttons (not the one with Spidey - I got that one :) )

This discussion has been closed.